Old Friend

By TrishyFishy25

Young Annie Doge dreamed of adventure. Stuck being raised by her uncle, she felt trapped in the small flat ju... More

Prologue

10 Years Later: Letters

18 1 0
By TrishyFishy25

Darling Newton,

I can't believe you're going to New York! That's amazing! I've always wanted to travel, but you know my uncle, he doesn't like me going farther than London. I think he's scared I might end up falling in love with some random gent in a foreign country and never coming back. Or maybe he's just scared that I'm going to get hurt. Nevertheless, I miss you and am desperate for some sort of adventure. Promise me you will have a fantastic time! Bring me back some majestic beast? How is Pickett? I miss that sorry little bowtruckle. He's just precious! Come back soon with lots of stories. I can't wait to hear back from you.

Love you like a niffler loves gold,

Annie

Sweet Annie,

You would never believe how incredible New York is. The sights and sounds are amazing. Something not so wonderful has happened though, I will be able to tell you more later. I am so sorry that I can't write more, but so many things are happening, I hardly have the time to write this as it is. Tell your uncle hello from me. I miss you too! I am planning to be home within the month. Can we meet for tea when I arrive back? It would be much easier to tell you everything in person rather than in a letter. Maybe we can go to The Three Broomsticks and grab a butterbeer for old time's sake.

Stay curious,

Newt

Fantastic Newt,

You better not be getting into too much trouble. You've done enough of that this year, but a little trouble always keeps life entertaining! Are we still on for The Three Broomsticks for butterbeer next Friday? I can't wait to see you! It's been much too long. You should bring me something from America, a souvenir of some sorts since I will probably never get to leave England. Come home soon! I have oodles to tell you and my uncle has things to discuss too. I haven't a bloody clue what it's about, but he keeps asking me to ask you when you'll be returning. I swear Hogwarts doesn't keep that man busy enough.

See you soon (hopefully),

Annie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 8.3K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
229K 6.7K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
196K 6.9K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.3M 56.5K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC