Thugged Out

By j_fromig

Her mom left her and her sister to live her best life. India is 19 years old and trying to take care of her 3... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
feedback
8
9
10
11
12
13
sorry!
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25: The Party
26: The Party pt. 2
28
29
Please dont be mad
30

27

3K 110 31
By j_fromig

A few days later

King was finally able to go home and he thought that India was gone move back in and help him out a little bit since he was gone be in bed rest. She tricked him though. India still had a bone to pick with him about little Ms. Tania and the last thing she'll do is live back in with King.

...
INDIA

I sat on the couch in my living room and thought about what I wanna do. There was a loud knock on my door interrupting me from my thoughts. I rolled my eyes and peeped in Skylar room. I made sure she was still sleep before I went to answer it. "Who is it?" I asked. I was confused as to why they were even at my door considering you can even get in the gate without either buzzing in or having my door number.

"This is Casey Simon, with Child Protective Services I'm looking for an India Royale." I frowned and opened the door.

"How may I help you?" I asked.

"Ma'am are you the parent or guardian of Skylar Royale?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"May I come in?" She asked. I got nervous as hell. CPS only pop up at your house for one reason.

"Y-yes." I said. I stepped aside and let her in.

"Ma'am, My supervisor sent me over here to pick up Skylar. First thing first we see you as unfit. This is the second time your child has been around open gunfire. The first one was very severe she could have died. Secondly, are you aware that you are in a relationship with one of the biggest drug dealers in the state of Georgia? That's child endangerment. I don't even have to ask if he's around her considering you all are all over social media. So ma'am I need you to wake Skylar up and pack her a bag she has to come with me." She said. I stopped listening to her halfway through her whole speech, but that last sentence broke me. I broke down crying. I didn't know who to call first. I was speechless.

I called my granny she didn't answer so I called again. She answered on my fourth time calling. "India baby what's going on?"

"Granny the-they taking S-s-ssss-sky away." I said. I was trying my best to speak clearly.

"WHAT?" She screamed. "I'm on my way!" She said. I went in the room and grabbed a suit case. The CPS lady followed behind me. I opened Skylar closet and grabbed three pairs of shoes and put them in her bag that I got specifically for shoes. I opened her closet and grabbed a week worth of clothes.

I grabbed a case of pull-ups and wipes. I grabbed some underwear and a couple of toys. I made sure that I put her phone charger in her bag. "SkySky." I said. She instantly woke up. She had a confused look on her face.

"Mommy why you crying?" She asked .

"Baby you gotta go with this lady for a little while." I said.

"Mommy I don't wanna go with her, she ugly." Skylar said. I busted out laughing this little girl is a character for real.

"Sky don't say that." I said.

I heard the lady mumble "Bad parenting" underneath her breath. I rolled my eyes.

"Excuse me?" India said. The only thing that kept me from snapping on the lady is that my actions can affect Skylars well being. I charged her little smart comment to the game and let it slide. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I put Skyla bag down and picked her up. I placed her on my hips and walked to the living room to answer the door. "Who is it?" I asked.

"India its me." My grandma said on the other side of the door. I hurried up and opened the door. She came in and immediately hugged me and Skylar. "Gwaaannyyy." Skylar said.

"Indie where the lady at?" She asked.

"She in Skylar room." I said. She pushed passed me and went to talk to the lady. I went back in the room and finished packing Skylar stuff. Once I was done I put the suitcase by the door and just held on to Skylar. "Okay Ms. Royale it is now time for us to get going. We can set up a court date where we can go see if your grandmother can get legal custody of Skylar, but until then she will temporarily be placed in foster care." She said.

My heart shattered. I broke down crying. "Skylar give mommy a hug." I said. She came to me and I gave her the biggest hug ever. "I love you okay?" I said. "You know how to facetime mommy! Make sure you facetime me okay?" I said. At this point I was shaking. The lady grabbed Skylar bag and held her hand as they left my apartment. My granny came and held me in her arms like I was a baby and we both cried together.

Lailani

"Kain I just don't understand how the hell you expect me to fucking have a full course meal cooked. Nigga I'm pregnant, my feet are swollen, and I'm in pain. This baby is giving me hell." I yelled.

"Lailani chill with that yelling shit, nobody wanna hear that bro." He said. His reply for some reason hurt my feelings.

"Bro you so fucking inconsiderate." I said.

"You are too the fuck, you think the world revolve around yo pregnant ass all you do is complain about every little thing." He said. His facial expression changed once he realized what he said. Tears formed in my eyes as I turned around a walked away. The tears started to fall as I made it to the room we share. I grabbed a backpack and through a outfit and some pajamas in there. Right now my feelings are hurt and I just want to go stay the night with my bestie and eat ice cream and cookies. I grabbed the keys to the Maybach and was headed out the door. "Where you going?" He asked. I ignored him and walked back in the room. I grabbed my backpack and threw it across my shoulder. I walked back out of the room and was headed towards the door.

"Lailani where the fuck you going?" He asked.

"It don't matter, just know I won't be here under you complaining about every little thing acting like the world revolve around me." I said repeating what he told me. He smacked his lips.

"Mane I didn't even mean it like that." He said. I didn't even respond back to what he said. I walked out of the door of our home and hit the unlock button on the keys. I threw the backpack in the passenger seat and the keys in the cup holder. I put my foot on the brake and held the button to start the car. I took a minute before I put the car in reverse and pulled off. My feet are hurting so bad. I took a deep breath as I drove across town to India house. Something told me to call her so I can grab her and Skylar their own kind of ice cream because i'm eating my whole tub. I clicked media on the radio and made sure my phone was connected. I called India and she didn't answer. I pulled up to Walmart and went online and ordered my stuff so they can have it ready and bring it out to me. I parked in the pickup spot and waited. I just got 2 Vanillas and Cookies and Creams and some cookie dough.

I played my music until they sent me a message saying my bags were on the way out. I rolled my passenger window down before speaking. "Hey you can put the bags up here on the floor." I hit the unlock button and he opened the door.

He placed the bags on the floor and closed the door back. "Thank you." I said.

"You welcome." He said. I frowned up a little bit because his ugly ass was rude. I shook my head and drove on to India house. I made it to the gate and pushed in her house number. The gate opened and I drove to her house. I parked across from her and grabbed the bags. I'm so ready to cuss this trick out because why she didn't answer the phone. I turned the car off and grabbed the bags and my keys. I got out of the car and made sure that I lock my doors.

"Wheeeww shit." I said. I took a deep breath before I went up the stairs.

-
            Omniscient

Lailani finally made it up the stairs and she knocked on the door. "W-who is it?" India said from the other side of the door. Lailani frowned.

"Lai, India what's wrong with you?" She said. India opened the door and she looked all torn up. Lailani walked in and India broke down again. India fell on the floor crying. "Indie what's wrong?" Lailani asked.  India tried to calm down before she could explain what happened. 

..

India finally calmed down and she was able to explain. "Lai Ima lose my mind. They took my baby. The DHS people got my baby. She's in fucking foster care!" She said. She was shaking and rocking back and forward.

"What the fuck?" Lailani said. Her heart dropped to the floor. "Howww? Did you tell King?" She said on the verge of tears.

"No, only my grandma. I been here crying this shit just don't seem real I haven't talked to nobody." She said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.6K 28
Kenya Classic is 21 years old and born and raised in Atlanta. She moved out of her mama's house at 17 years old to do everything on her own. Her mama...
442K 10.3K 54
This is bout a 17 year old girl who is moving in with her auntie because she got expelled from two schools already for fighting. She's a smart girl b...
1.8K 91 21
This is my first book so it may not be perfect but I would love your feedback and hope you stay with me through the whole book, enjoy and thank you! ...
72.5K 2.2K 36
I wrote this when I was 14-15...so you have been warned! - (FIRST BOOK) CJ MendΓ©z is a girl who just wants to live a perfect life. She has the boyfri...