Rebirth

By Strawberry_The_One

In the original story, Neo was more of a loner, he didn't speak much, as a result of his upbringing. However... More

Plz dont hate me pt. 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 3

1.7K 60 8
By Strawberry_The_One

Episode 13/Chapter 14
Episode 14/Chapter 15
Episode 15/Chapter 16
Episode 16/Chapter 17
Episode 17/Chapter 18
Episode 182/Chapter 185

Spoiler Warning: About Neo's identity and Neo's backstory (Episode 182/Chapter 185)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Master Noah," Li said, Noah turned to face her, "My apology sir, I lost the knife."

"What are you talking about? It was just a kitchen knife. We can't find a better one. You did great. Thank you for saving Lena and Iva," Noah said.

Yuna took some tissues from her bag and handed them to Li.

"Thank you, Miss Yuna," Li said.

"Of course," Yuna said.

Parish was worried. Li was an employee of this house, if word got out that she stabbed someone, it would be a huge controversy. Noah focused more on the fact that Li saved Lena and Iva. In the end, it was Abel who managed to shut her up, saying it was self-defense.

They ended up with the police as their new destination.

"We have too many people to fit in the car, unless you're fine with sitting on someone's lap, Yuna," Noah said.

"Uh... Can I sit in the trunk?" Yuna asked.

The trunk? Noah sweatdropped.

"Are you fine with that? It's pretty cramped," Noah said.

"That's fine," Yuna said.

I prefer it to people, no offense to Miss Lena or Iva. All offense to blondie and Asshole. Neutralish in Abel right now. Yuna thought.

"Okay," Noah popped the trunk and Yuna sat in it, making herself comfortable for the long ride, "Parish and Abel can sit in the back with Ian, Lena and Iva. There should be enough space. Neo, you can sit with Li."

"Young Master," Li opened the door for Neo.

"Make room, Yuna," Neo started walking to the back.

"There's barely enough for me," Yuna said.

"I don't care," Neo sat down, cramped up next to Yuna.

The rest of them got into the car and Noah started to drive.

"If I hit you, I'm not sorry," Yuna said.

"Neither am I," Neo said.

Noah started to speed up, avoiding all the undead as much as he could. Yuna and Neo put their hands on the window in the back to keep themselves from smacking into it.

Eventually, they made it to the police station, but it was infested with undead already. Likely built up from people trying to get help from there.

"It's worse than I thought..." Parish said.

"The nearest police station is on the other side of that crowd. If you still want to go there," Noah said, hoping it would be enough to convince her to give up.

"I-I'm not sure anymore... It doesn't seem like we can charge through that many of them..."

"Well I'm sure," Yuna pulled herself up and poked her head over so she could be seen, "It's infested so we don't go there, simple. Even if we did manage to go through them all, it's almost certain that there's not going to be anyone to help, or at least be in a situation where they can."

"That settles that," Noah said before sharply stomping on the brake pedal, pulling the car into a screeching half.

Yuna almost fell forward and hit Lena, but she held herself up.

"W-What happened?" Parish asked.

Bam

"A girl jumped in front of the car," Noah replied.

Yuna took this chance to sit down and lean her back on the hatch door so she wouldn't need to hold herself anymore. Neo copied her. Whoever jumped in front of the car was asking Noah for help, but Noah didn't open the door, he already had his hands full.

Soon enough a group of other survivors gathered around, carrying bloodied weapons.

"I-Is that her friends...? They don't look too friendly," Lena said.

She kicked the car, annoyed that they wouldn't open the door, and then walked away.

"Did they just?" Parish said.

"Or she just wanted the car," Noah facepalmed.

"The city police's really out of commission if they let those kind of people wreak havoc like that..." Parish said.

"People are going to get desperate if there are man-eating creatures out there. I really don't blame them," Yuna said. Yuna felt more comfortable talking now.

"Let's go to Koxu. It's near the capital and it has the biggest military base," Ian suggested, more like demanding.

"Koxu is a long way from our city..." Lena said.

"It's the safest option when we don't even know what's going on right now. At least they should be able to give us some emergency shelter and protection."

"I-I see."

"Other people could also be thinking that. Even if we make it there, there's a chance the place could become overrun," Yuna said.

"You could also say that for every idea we have. It's the safest option for a while," Ian said.

"Fine. We'll go to Koxu," Noah said.

"Are we really? It's gonna be a few days trip to get there..." Parish said.

"Just like the Asshole said. Koxu is the most optimal choice right now. We can stop by neighboring towns and cities for our long roadtrip if needed."

Later that night...

Noah had driven for the day. Night had fallen upon them and they were resting. Everyone else had fallen asleep, Noah took the first watch for the night. Yuna had fallen asleep earlier. Neo said he would wake her if something happened. Instead of Neo, the dog licked at Yuna's hand, waking her up. She looked around, it was dark and Neo was still awake.

NEO'S IDENTITY IS THREE LINES DOWN!!!!

"Hey, Neo," Yuna spoke quietly. Not only was everyone else sleeping, but she also whispered because she didn't want anyone else to hear.

"Yeah?" Neo said at the same volume.

"You said you were an 'Undead' right?"

"Yeah," Neo looked Yuna in the eye, letting his turn red.

NEO'S BACKSTORY IS THREE LINES DOWN!!!!

Yuna looked back, scared because the eyes reminded her of the undead that mercilessly ate people, but she was knew it was still Neo.

She turned back to look at him, "What happened?"

Flashback

Neo started sweating and looked around the class, seeming distracted. Yuna noticed and was worried for her friend, "Are you okay, Neo?"

"...Yeah," Neo replied.

"Yuna, is there something wrong with my lesson?" Karen Vallejo was their teacher.

"Nothing, I just had a question that I asked Neo," Yuna lied.

Yuna asked a question that related to the lesson while Neo was confused about his "dream". Then the room shook. Parts of the ceiling broke off and fell. The last thing he heard was Yuna's cry as it smashed into Neo's head.

I still remember. It took three timelines for me to avoid my instant death when the earthquake hit. But then it happened. The first solar eclipse. I think I changed something by staying alive.

In the fourth timeline, I succumbed to the undead instinct.

"Neo," Yuna grabbed Neo by his shoulders, not believing that he was one of those monsters that just ate the other kids in the room. She shook him, "Neo, snap out of it."

I wasn't meant to survive the first solar eclipse. I was meant to become one of those thoughtless undead.

Yuna cried while Neo ate her, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I couldn't help you."

It took eight timelines for me to overcome my undead instinct.

"DON'T!" Yuna shouted. One of the teachers held her back as Karen held up a stone.

Neo was sitting there. Sure he was an undead, but he was still himself. He wouldn't eat anyone. It was just his eyes. The eyes scared everyone. Those eyes reminded them of the monsters.

"BUT HE HASN'T HURT ANYONE!" Yuna screamed helplessly while Karen bashed his head in.

I learned to hide my true identity in the next timeline.

Karen locked the door. All the kids in that room were too scared to do anything. Yuna was the only one who was trying to kick the door down at least. However the undead were approaching and Yuna panicked, she couldn't use her strength correctly.

But still, I died.

I saved people. I was saved by people.

Neo extended his hand out to En, one of their classmates. Yuna was helping Ruby, a different classmate.

People killed me. I killed people.

Yuna stabbed someone while Neo decapitated another.

People betrayed me. I betrayed people.

Flashforward

OKAY IT'S CHILL NOW
Summary: Neo told Yuna about the past timelines.

"Are you okay?" Yuna grabbed his hand for comfort.

"Yeah," Neo nodded.

The dog licked at their hands, sensing a slight sadness. Yuna ruffled his fur.

"Everything will be alright," Yuna said.

"That's what you always say," Neo smiled slightly.

"Oh yeah," Yuna laughed lightly.

They sat in silence for another moment when the dog tried to move around a bit, getting more and more restless. It had been stuck in the car for the whole day.

Neo knocked the glass, loud enough to get Noah's attention, but not enough to wake the sleeping people in the car.

"Open the trunk. I need to get out," Neo said.

Noah went to pop the trunk and Neo and Yuna stepped out, "What're you both doing up so late? Get some rest, let the adults take care of the lookout."

"Adult? You really treat me like a little kid," Neo said as the dog jumped out, "I'm just letting the dumb dog do his business."

Everything makes a lot more sense now. And Noah seems like he's from another time as well, but a lot less knowledgeable. Yuna looked at both of them.

The dog and Yuna stretched.

The two of them bantered about Neo possibly being a dog person while Yuna was the one to actually take the dog for a walk.

"...Anyway, I don't think he has a name yet. Do you want to name him?" Noah asked.

"Hmp... Deadmeat," Neo replied.

"Ah, Deadmeat, that's a nice name- NOT! What kind of pet name is that?" Noah asked.

"Then steamed bun? Steak? Porkchop? Noodle?" Neo threw names out.

"I think you're just hungry," Yuna laughed.

"Is food all you can think about when you look at him?" Noah asked.

"Then you can name him if you care that much," Neo said.

"Then how about Hail? I used to have a white dog named Hail-"

"Tacky. What are you? A 5-year-old?"

"Pft..." Yuna laughed again.

"Although it does sound better than Deadmeat," Neo compromised.

"Then Hail it is?" Noah asked.

"Whatever."

A few minutes later...

"Marshmallow, come back," Neo called for the dog.

Yuna laughed, going along with him, "Fluff, give me a five!" Yuna raised her hand for the dog.

"Good boy, Snowcone."

"Blizzard, catch."

"Up you go, Mr. Floofy McFlufferton the Third."

"Neo, Yuna, could you not?! We had an agreement! I swear you both are messing with me purposely, aren't you?!" Noah said.

The next day...

It had been a full day since they left the house. The kids were of course hungry. Li passed Abel and Iva some chips Noah had in his bag.

"Although you're right. Chips aren't filling enough. We'll need proper food," Noah said.

"That backpack again. How are you so prepared?" Ian questioned.

"None of your business," Noah replied shining.

"Asshole," Ian muttered.

I didn't know there was a mirror there. Yuna rolled her eyes.

"Asford is a decent-sized city, they should have some malls or convenience stores that we can drop by to check, sir," Li stated.

"Not a bad option," Noah commented, "All I've been seeing is dead corpses littering the sideway and no sign of those monsters walking around. This city could may as well be our best bet."

"Way... 'Dropping by to check' as in getting out of the car? That's suicidal!" Parish argued as Abel was crunching on the chips.

"Then feel free to stay back in the car by yourself," Noah said.

"Open the trunk!" Yuna reminded.

"Right," Noah said opening the trunk.

"Wait! Hold on! Are you really going to...?" Parish said as Ian stepped out.

Yuna got out and stretched a little. Neo stepped out, holding Hail. Yuna shivered at the cold air.

"Are you cold?" Neo asked.

"A little," Yuna said rubbing her arms, "I'll probably warm up in a bit though."

Everyone else got out of the car, Parish needing some more convincing to come along, but she followed in the end.

Yuna looked around and saw a plethora of undead corpses.

How did they manage to destroy them to this extent? Yuna knelt next to one, poking it to move it and examine it.

"You shouldn't be touching that," Noah said behind her.

"Okay," Yuna said.

She picked up a nearby stick and started poking the undead with that.

"That's not what I meant..." Noah sweatdropped.

"Why do you even care? Not like I'm not your child," Yuna said.

Noah didn't say anything else. He knew what she was referencing. Maybe Noah was getting too casual with her so he stepped back a little.

The undead looked way too destroyed. There was definitely some weapon involved. Also the large amount? It's strange.

Soon enough, a group of people approached them. Yuna took a glance at them.

No guns, knives. Who destroyed these then? Yuna looked back at the undead. Maybe grenades? That's a lot of explosives then. Hm...

Yuna picked up a small arm and looked closely.

It's... burnt? Fire? No, fire wouldn't destroy them this easily. Flamethrower? I doubt someone would bring a flamethrower into a city unless they knew what was happening. It's only been a day, so that's unlikely. Electricity? Then how would someone have enough electricity for this amount? Yuna got lost in her thoughts, the conversation happening on Earth didn't reach her ears.

"He exploded a person's head with his bare hands? Are you sure you weren't dreaming?" Ian asked.

"Exploded a person's head with his bare hands?" Damn, what did I miss? Yuna turned her focus toward the new people.

"No, not bare-handed. He was using some sort of electricity power," Wyn corrected.

Electricity? Then that would make sense it came from someone instead of needing a source... how did he even know he had such a power then? It surely would've made the news if this happened before. Yuna thought.

Wyn continued to try to convince Noah's group that he was telling the truth. How else would normal people have been able to defend themselves against such a horde?

It's possible he's also from another timeline... and he's bad news for Neo. Yuna glanced at Neo who was getting his own idea of who the guy probably was.

"Let's say I believe you. If the military really did pass through here, why didn't you go with them?" Noah asked, "I thought the military's mission would be to save stranded survivors like us in these kinds of disasters."

"Under normal circumstances, we probably would have. But this is a bit of a special case..." Wyn said.

"What special case? This all sounds like a make believe story," Ian said.

"I know it's hard to believe. But think about it, why would we bother to lie to you?"

You could make us believe you, get us to help you, then betray us. Yuna thought obviously.

"You strangers could be up to something for all I know," Ian said.

"Please ignore him," Noah said.

"Hey!"

"As paranoid as my brother is, he still has a point. What exactly is your 'special case?' If the guy was as strong as you said, even if you don't trust the military force, wouldn't they still be your best ticket to get to a safe zone?"

"Well, you see, Mana demanded us to stay away from them," Wyn replied.

"Mana? Who the heck is Mana and why does their opinion even matter to all of you?" Ian asked.

"I am right here," Mana raised her hand from the crowd. She was a young kid. A small kid, but all these adults believed her? "I told him those soldiers were dangerous and we should stick to wait for you guys."

"And this is this brat?"

"This is-" Wyn was about to reply, but got interrupted.

"Excuse me but who are you calling a brat?!" Mana yelled, "I'll have you take me seriously! I have God's Gift!"

Seriously? Yuna was never super religious. Even if there was a God out there, it was clear that Yuna was definitely not a favorite.

"...God's Gift?" Lena asked.

"This is Mana. You might not believe me when I say this either, but she can predict the future," the man said.

Yeah, I'm not sure I believe you on that. But at this point, I'm not even sure if this is the plot of a comic series! Yuna thought sarcastically.

"Thanks to her we managed to gather all these survivors together and hold up in a surprisingly safe place until now," he finished.

"Do you hear yourself? Predict the future? You all are out of your mind to believe a child's nonsense," Ian said.

"Ian," Yuna said.

"What?"

"Have you seen the situation we're in? This is an apocalypse. Apparently, there's a man who can use electricity from his bare hands. Is this girl being able to tell the future that much of a stretch?"

"Thank you," Mana said.

"I'm just trying to survive here."

And getting Ian to shut the flying fuck up would be a wonderful gift as well. Yuna thought.

"You guys are heading for Koxu, aren't you? My intuition told me you'll make it there. We're going too, so I decided to group up with you guys. Our group alone won't make it. So I figured if we stick with you we'd have a better chance," Mana said.

"Okay, I never said all of that," Yuna said.

"Aren't we in the same boat? Shouldn't we help each other out?" Mana asked, "The more people the better, isn't it?"

"That's not how it works in this situation. Food and water'll soon be scarce if order isn't restored and undead aren't eradicated," Noah replied.

"T-That's right, we alone already have trouble with food and water," Parish said.

Li pointed out the mall in the distance, asking if they should stop there for a supply run. Wyn, however, broke the reality to them. It was filled with undead because of a sale that happened that morning, people swarmed there and the infection broke out.

Regardless, they need supplies. Noah asked the women to stay behind with the children.

"Wait, you said it yourself, this is suicidal. And you expect me to go with you??" Ian asked.

"You don't have to. If you are a woman or child," Noah replied with such a fake happy tone it looked like flowers fell out of his mouth.

Maybe it'll give us an excuse to leave the bastard behind. Yuna sarcastically thought.

"Son of a..."

"Sir, please let me go with you," Li said.

"Li, you don't have to," Noah said.

"I insist, sir."

"Ah fine, thank you..." Noah sighed.

"I'm going too," Neo said.

"I'm going as well then," Yuna said.

"It's really dangerous, I don't think you should-" Noah said.

"I insist," Neo said.

"I doubt a man who relies on a chocker machine thing has a better chance of surviving than me," Yuna remarked.

Noah sighed and half smiled, "Fine. You can come. But stick close to me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675 47 27
Lena was the girl that everyone wanted to be friends with, and every boy wanted to be with. She; however, only had two close friends she considered t...
144 2 8
A N Y T H I N G ________________ I AM RE WRITING THIS BOOK IF IT DOESN'T HAVE A STAR IN FRONT OF THE CHAPTER NAME, THAT MEANS I DIDN'T EDIT IT YET⭐✨...
822 35 7
Yuzuki, best friend of Neo L. Collins, a quiet girl but a very skilled martial artist and assassin, trained all her life by her overprotective father...
22.7K 917 16
"I have but one thing to say to you, Arthur Pendragon. Was it worth it?" ******* - this story has some profanities, so if that bothers you then pleas...