Vitality (Vitality Series #1)

By Crysta_levere_author

A violent passion. A dangerous bond. A nightmare that will change everything. To Ava, love is about as real a... More

Author's Note
Eternity
Prologue
Part I: The Door
Chapter 1 Searching
Chapter 2 Lithium
Chapter 3 Lithium pt.2
Chapter 4 Fire and Shadow
Chapter 5 Fire and Shadow pt.2
Chapter 6 Fire and Shadow pt.3
Chapter 7 One Year Ago
Chapter 8 Whispers
Chapter 9 Dreams
Chapter 10 Dreams pt.2
Chapter 11 Dreams pt.3
Chapter 12 Dreams pt.4
Chapter 13 The Chase
Chapter 14 Madness
Chapter 15 Madness pt.2
Chapter 16 Madness pt.3
Chapter 17 Electric
Part II: Roses and Thorns
Chapter 18 Dancing with Fire
Chapter 19 Dancing with Fire pt.2
Chapter 20 Calm
Chapter 21 Calm pt.2
Chapter 22 Vitality of Blood
Chapter 23 Come Back pt.1
Chapter 24 Come Back pt.2
Chapter 25 Night Sky
Chapter 26 Night Sky pt.2
Chapter 27 Don't Fear the Reaper
Chapter 28 Don't Fear The Reaper pt.2
Chapter 29 Don't Fear the Reaper pt.3
Chapter 30 Don't Fear the Reaper pt.4
Chapter 31 Don't Fear the Reaper pt.5
Chapter 32 Don't Fear the Reaper pt.6
Chapter 33 Don't Fear the Reaper pt.7
Chapter 34 Don't Fear the Reaper pt.8
Chapter 35 Don't Fear the Reaper pt.9
Chapter 36 Sleeping with the Enemy
Chapter 37 Fight
Chapter 38 Worlds Collide
Part III Down the Rabbit-hole
Chapter 39 Hate Me
Chapter 41 Immortal
Chapter 42 Breathing in Water
Chapter 43 Stay
Chapter 44 The Veil
Chapter 45 Why Me? pt.1
Chapter 46 Why Me? pt.2
Chapter 47 Why Me? pt.3
Chapter 48 Why Me? pt.4
Chapter 49 Embrace
Chapter 50 Burning Low pt.1
Chapter 51 Burning Low pt.2
Chapter 52 Burning Low pt.3
Chapter 53 Eclipse of the Heart pt.1
Chapter 54 Eclipse of the Heart pt.2
Chapter 55 Eclipse of the Heart pt.3
Chapter 56 Eclipse of the Heart pt.4
Chapter 57 Eclipse of the Heart pt.5
Chapter 58 Moonlight Sonata pt.1
Chapter 59 Moonlight Sonata pt.2
Chapter 60 Flicker
Chapter 61 THE END - Requiem for a Dream

Chapter 40 Silence Gone

49 8 0
By Crysta_levere_author

Layton looked down at the red liquid spilling down his hand; it had come from her shoulder; his fingers began to shake. He heard Verina coming behind him, so he slowed to a stop on the cliff and turned. Her attention lowered to his unsteady fingers.

She stared into him, trying to latch onto his sense. "Her wounds need care."

He finally met her gaze. How long the two of them had walked, sedated, with each other, and now they both struggled to recognize the other. Sedation was exactly what he needed right now. He turned to leave.

"She will not last until the next night without treatment. The girl will die."

"Then let her. And this will be done."

Would it? She wondered.

As he whipped through the wind, inside he imploded. Flashes of her plagued his head, excavating parts he did not understand, pushing him as fast as he could to wash himself from it, through the trees, through the town, through the lights, through the blood, where he belonged. Where had the silence gone?

The harder he fought all the noise, the worse it became. But he was made of a stronger resilience than this! He dug his feet into the dirt of the park as he came to a stop before two people, slamming into one of them, and their body was sent flying across the field, their bones broken to pieces.

Layton went over to the body slowly, taking in the sight, the flesh mush where the bone had turned to dust beneath it. The structure of its face was unrecognizable.

The other one cried out, fleeing across the field, purse and shoes falling from her as she went. Before she could make it off the grass, he was in front of her — he snatched her by the throat and her voice cut off from blunt terror.

"Give me back my silence," Layton demanded with a thick tongue, his accent leaking from the past like a crack in a dam. His head ticked to the side and back. "Drown my memory from me." His fingers hooked in; the girl writhed in his arms, bawling hysterically and gurgling from suffocation. A small drop of blood lingered on the iris of Layton's eye, where a tear wanted to be. "Take it away..."

He wrapped his mouth around her throat, tearing it open, and before Layton could even begin to suck, his hands had latched so tightly around her without realizing it that he'd snapped her neck and her back. Her noises stopped abruptly and she folded in and dropped to the ground, like an old pair of clothes. His head flew back and the blood spit everywhere with a gnarled scream.

A dark blood fever took him as he came to Lithium, not knowing what he might do, his eyes lifting from their heavy weights. The two sides of him warred like they had done in that fatal beginning, his fatal beginning. No being should have to live through that twice — no being should have to live through that once. Someone would pay for it. The world would.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 56 42
~A child prophesied to change the world is cursed and misplaced, amidst centuries of a secret battle between good and evil among humans and creatures...
One Sin By Tanu

Short Story

264 92 6
Ava was happy with her love life with her boyfriend Xander. He had looks, he was a gentleman and more importantly, he was willing to be submissive in...
198 31 20
In the shadowed alleys of Avaloria, where humans and werewolves teeter on the brink of war, Detective Luna Marquez stands as a beacon of hope. She's...
798 181 25
*ONC 2024 entry* **Round Two Ambassador's Pick** **Shortlisted** She's an angel of love; an ill-fitting name, as she's no angel. She strives for a wo...