Betrayed By My Own

Av Sparklyscar

"The sight has my insides twist in a tight knot. His jet black hair that touches his shoulder, his defined ab... Mer

Chapter 1 >>
Chapter 2 >>
Chapter 3>>
Chapter 4>>
Chapter 5>>
Chapter 6>>
Chapter7>>
Chapter 8>>
Chapter 9>>
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Sneak peek

Chapter 21

34 16 1
Av Sparklyscar

"I know where she is"

Jay says with a new look of zeal and determination in his eyes that I hadn't seen in weeks. I wasn't even done with my sentence.

"Jay?"

"Hmm" he says distractedly, with his eyes fixed upon the road.

"I wasn't done... I was saying that or we can just rest for the night in our car and tomorrow we continue"

"No!", Jay screeches like I just said the worst thing ever.

"Well why? We just had a ten hour, twenty three minutes drive from Rome and you're saying No? Look at you all tired and hungry." I yell lightly, trying not to make my anger get the best of me.

Jay suddenly steps on the brake bringing the car to a complete halt and jerking me forward with an unusual grace I don't possess.

"You either shut the fuck up or I shut it up for you Jem. You're talking like you just joined the business yesterday. Have you no idea that a second of our time wasted could put our lives and the lives of other civilians in danger? I should have known better than to take you along with me"

Jay says spitefully in a disgusting manner as he pays attention to the road and fires the car's engine back to life. He begins to drive in silence, having no idea the effect of his words on me.

As usual, I bottle up my anger and begin to hum

"You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey, you never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away"

After humming that song, I begin to feel relaxed and I had almost forgotten what Jay had said. I just plastered a smile on my face like everything's okay.

"Where is she Jay?", I ask as calmly as possible. Probably way too calm.

"She's at home", Jay says as if that's going to clear things up.

"Okay, but didn't Godfather say something about searching her apartment?"

"Jem? She is not in her apartment. She's in her family house. Yes Godfather has already sent some mafias there to check for her and didnt find her but my gut is telling me otherwise. Do me a favour and call Alan. Ask him if He can still track down Selena"

Without hesitation, I call Alan and put it on loudspeaker.

Me: Hey Al! Could you do me a favor and check if Selena is still in North Dakota?

Alan: Sure she is. I've been monitoring her for some time now and she's still there. In fact, I don't think she ever left the state!

Jay: OK thanks Alan.

Alan: Oh hey Jay. How you doing?

Jay: Pretty much good. How's Jon?

Alan: He's fine.

Me: Can I talk to him. I haven't spoken to him since my incident with Dennis.

Alan: Sorry baby bear but he's asleep. Gotta go now. Bye!

Me: Whatever!

Why doesn't he give Jon the phone? Is he always asleep each time I call? Why does Alan pick up Jon's phone when I call? Something's not right but for now, let's focus on Selena.

We head straight for Pedro's(Selena's Dad) house.

Getting there we meet two body guards with their guard dogs. Without a word, we show them our ID and they let us in without saying anything.

Upon our entry, a very beautiful young lady stands up in greeting.

"Oh Pedro is in church, he isn't here and I haven't set eyes on my daughter for two weeks now", she says in a composed voice.

Jay nods and looks around. I'm a hundred percent sure he didn't detect how rehearsed that line was. I'm taking over this case from him.

"That's okay Mrs Santagelo, I'd like to see every member of your family who is present", I say tucking my hands behind my back pocket.

She calls down her children in Latin and they all come rushing down. I look at Jay and he gives me a puzzled look. I give him a slight nod, reassuring him. They line up by their mother's side and look from Jay and I to her in confusion. I sense lies here and I'm going to figure it out.

"Jay go check the house would you?", I demand. He grudgingly obeys. This is payback for yelling at me. No one yells at me and gets away with it. Except Alan and Jon of course.

I begin to pace and patiently wait for Jay to be done with his search. There are five grown up boys all blonde haired cuties except the fifth one who is a brunette. I guess he took after his father then. They all have the resemblance of their mother. Except the fifth one. He doesn't have any resemblance with any of them. My last but not least observation, the fourth one has legs like a girl's. Selena is smart. She isn't hiding in any of the boys.

"Here is Pedro"!

Jay calls as he approaches me.

Lie 1: Pedro was in the house and she said he wasn't.

"What were you doing up there Pedro?".

"He was praying!", Jay answers.

"Didn't you say he wasn't at home?", I ask, looking at his wife.

"I'm so sorry I lied. I didn't want you to disturb his prayers that's why"

"Where is Selena?", I ask again.

"I don't know", she whimpers.
Lie 2.

"Alright, line up horizontally folks", I say.

"I hope you know what you're doing?", Jay whispers and I ignore. I'm not ready to be angered.
They all line up except Pedro.

I give him a raised eyebrow and he shrugs. I menacingly walk towards him and notice him sweating. He's clean.

Brunette boy... I walk up to him and notice the sweat drip off from his forehead. He's clean.
Leaving me with Four blondes and their mother. 

I walk up to the first blonde. Sweaty head? Yes. He's clean. I repeat the same action for the other three and they're clean. Now their mother!

I walk up to her slowly. And notice three things.
1; fails to maintain eye contact
2; keeps gulping
3; has no sweaty head.

Selena could sense I've found her, so she hurriedly removes her face masks and made a move to run but she's no match for a skilled assassinator like me. With quick thinking, I dive for my dagger and throw it at her, aiming for her leg. It went straight to her leg and she tumbles down in pain.

The other kids yell and scream as Jay takes them inside. Pedro breaks down in tears. Pathetic old fool. Now he'll face the consequences that follows for hiding a fugitive of the Mafia law.

Selena still struggles to escape but with the unbearable pain in her leg, she falls down and begins to cry. Pathetic being!

"Nice Job Selena but in our world, second place is not recognized, first place is all there is", I say giving her a smirk and a smug look as I bend down to pick her up.

"Fuck you Jemima", she says spitting at my face. I grind my teeth and wipe off my face with her dress.

"I'd have loved for you to do that, but I love dicks not pussy" I say digging my dagger in her foot. She screams and writhes in pain as her blood gushes out and flows down the floor.

"Jem Stop!", Jay yells as he rushes to remove the dagger from her foot.

"That'll teach you to know your place"

"Have you lost it Jem? Godfather said we shouldn't kill her" Jay shouts as he carries her bridal style to the car.

"I didn't kill her, I just gave her a painful surprise"

"Well bring Pedro to the car, we're leaving for Rome immediately"

This dude never wants a break. This is literally the middle of the night and he wants us to drive.

"I'm driving", I say without preamble as I carry Pedro to the car and Jay gives me the keys without saying anything. I glance at the door where the two guards were but they were gone.

I drive straight to the airport.

"We're supposed to go to Rome?", Jay yells frustrated.

I ignore him and sedate Pedro and Selena at the back seat.

"I don't know how dumb you are but there won't be any available flight going to Rome by this time", Jay says trying to dissuade me. No one ever dissuades a determined Jem.

"Shut the fuck up and wait here for me", I say alighting from the car and not sparing him a glance.

I walk up to book four tickets going to Rome.
"Sorry ma'am but all flights going to Rome has Departed, you'll have to wait for the five O'clock flight", the attendant says with a frightened voice and a scared appearance

"Do you know who I am?"

"Yes", she whispers
"Who am I?"
"SK"
"And you're telling me to wait?"
"I'm so so.."
"Shut the fuck up! I'd like to see the manager of this airport"
"Do you have an app..."
"Now!"
"Right this way"
She says gesturing me towards the manager's office.

Ten minutes later I come out with a broad smile and a happy face.

"Let's go Jay", I say waking him up.

"What happened?", he asks as he carries Pro Pedro and I Carry Selena.

"You're looking at the owner of an airline now", I say without preamble.

The journey took us only five hours and we arrived in the morning. Only Lord Knows the time difference.

We took them straight to Godfather, though we didn't meet him in person, we know he has received them.

The ride back home was a silent ride. Jay slept at the back, while I drove. Money is really everything you know.

"Jay wake up! We're home! Jay! Jay!"

No response! I move my hand to touch his body and they are still warm. His pulse has reduced. His heart beat has reduced, his breathing is shallow. What the fuck Jay? This isn't how they die! I struggle to bring him out of the car and take him to his room. I hurriedly bring drinking water and sprinkle some on his face. He slowly opens his eyes and I relax a bit. Emphasis on the "a bit".

I give him the water and he drinks it in a rush. He must be hungry that's why he passed out. What do I do?

I rush to the kitchen and quickly prepare him some bacons and scrambled eggs and green tea for strength. I do not know what I'm doing. I wipe the sweat off my forehead with the back of my palms and literally fly the stairs as I rush to give him his food.

"Jay! Open your eyes! I'm here Jay! Open up"
He slowly but surely obliges. I sit him up properly and begin to feed him. I notice him looking at me in a weird way but I ignore it.

"Coconut?", he calls

"Hmm", I answer, too engrossed in making sure he finishes the entire food that I don't notice he calls me a nickname.

"I'm sorry"

"Shh Jay! Just eat up your food. I know the taste is horrible but just eat okay?"

He nods his head in compliance and eats up the entire food. I smile in satisfaction and get up to move to the kitchen. I know he's probably going to try to stop me so I move my free hand to my head and pretend to scratch it while my other hand holds the tray. I walk out of the room in a rush and dump the plates in the dish washer.

Oh I'm hungry. I open the freezer and find lots of raw foods. I can't cook! I open the fridge and my face lights up. Oh there's a big bowl of ice cream, already made pancakes, doughnuts, mm strawberries, biscuits, cookies and oh Lord! Cake! I take some of every snacks and move to my room. I'll eat this lovely things after a hot shower.

An hour later, I snuggle up in bed with my snacks and turn on the Tv. Just then my stupid phone decides to beep, signifying a message.

Meeting at 12:00pm.
The usual venue. Be prompt.
Godfather

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••
•••••••
••••
••

Why would Godfather want to see Jem? Here's a clue......

....Wait for the next chapter to find out!!!

Ha! Totally got you there!😂
Well what's your take on this chapter? Criticisms are welcome 😊
Thank you all for giving this book a try and for coming this far with me. I love you all!!❤ 😍 ❤

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

13.3K 482 23
COMPLETED This is a Spin off of My One And Only and based off of the bonus chapter if you haven't read it yet I suggest you do. However this can be r...
4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...
659K 10.8K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
1.2K 44 43
Venomous Mistake This is Marco and Clara's brutal/sexy story. Clara Revenge was my goal-to take down the enemy. I've trained under my Uncle, but eve...