The Snow Queen's Royal Mage

By JLTD23

Elsa x Female (Reader/OC) An Ancient Magus Bride inspired story. (But there will be small references from oth... More

Overview:
Act 1
Act 2
Act 3
Act 4
Act 5
Act 6
Act 7
Act 8
Act 9
Intermission
Intermission II
Act 10
Act 11
Act 11. 2
Act 12
Act 13
Act 14
Act 15
Act 16
Act 17
Act 18
Act 19
Act 21
Author's Message
Side Story
Happy Anniversary

Act 20

1.2K 65 7
By JLTD23

Act 20 - Blue Starlight

(Y/N)'s POV

We started the attack. Me and Venrich are leading the first group. Him in ground work with the soldiers and take on the chimeras. While I'm stationed in a hill overseeing the front area of the fortress. A perfect vantage point for my magical arsenal attack: Star Burst. I have two soldiers accompanied me here as a precautionary measure. I set myself then blue glowing magic circles with rune formulas appeared to the ground and in front of me.
Holding my left arm towards the circle up front, it divided into three layers encircling my arm. Using my right arm as support and to aim properly at the targets, I released a powerful blasts towards the chimerian vanguards and mostly aimed at the manticores below. Like meteors raining down and shaking them causing lose there formation. Opening a way to the ones down on the field.

Ah, guh... I have to withstand the pain from going beyond my limits. This type of spell requires a lot of magic to use. Feels like my body is pumping my blood faster than it should, nerves withering and muscles paralyzed. Making me think that anymore of this will really break this body and it's not the right time of it to happen. I activated one of my inner magic reserves for healing to lessen the pain its causing and maybe slow the process.

Mistress fire up on the watch towers! There are rouge mages controlling some of the chimeras. Venrich said via link as I shot down the towers. With that, some the chimeras were easily defeated by the soldiers. Time to call in Frederick but somethings doesn't add up...

Lady Ainsel, We have company... One of the guards behind me said as five manticores appeared from the bushes. As the guards engage in battle with the manticores but there protection isn't enough to stop the remaining three to attack me. Looks like I have no choice but to cast a summon spell while star burst magic is still active. This will take up more mana than it should.

Kylie! I said summoning kylie. She look at me then the manticores.

As you wish my lady! Kylie said then a powerful gust of winds headed straight to the manticores. Slicing them to bits and helping out the guards.

Keep a look out. There maybe more... I said as the guards and kylie keep there guard. Turning back to the field to look at the situation. Venrich and the soldiers are advancing. Looks like time to call in Frederick. I aim my spell casted hand upward then shot a blast. Signaling them that it's time.

I feel that there's more to this...

--------------*-------------

Frederick's POV

That's (Y/N)'s signal. Time to attack! I said to the soldiers as we head to the back for a surprise attack. Anna's group is with me until I give an opening.

Anna remember what (Y/N) said. I said

Get in, get elsa, make a signal and get out. Never look back... Anna said I sensed somethings wrong with her.

Anna, what's up? Getting cold feet?... I said patting her shoulder.

I know we planned this but I can't shake the feeling that something bad is really going to happen. More specifically to (Y/N)... Anna said

(Y/N) knows what she's doing. Just take a deep breath and have little more faith in her. I said with an assuring smile.

I know... but there something you need to know. Kristoff I saw you talking to (Y/N) before. What did she say? Anna said insisting.

I told her about an advice that grand pabbie insisted that I tell her and she only said that we should be there for elsa. That's all... Kristoff said as the our group easily infiltrate at the back. Since only a few chimeras and manticores are guarding.

Typical of (Y/N)... Alright, Rescue group time to look for elsa. Will keep you protected from here. Should more enemies come if not will catch up. Kristoff take one of my enchanted daggers as a precaution. Good Luck... I said giving kristoff the dagger then nod to anna and the others as they head to the dungeons.

This is to easy... but I'm more worried about one thing.

Where is Cain?...

------------------*-----------------

Elsa's POV

Hearing noises coming from outside, my guess any moment now they are going to save you. Your majesty... Cain said sitting across my room and waiting patiently. As if his not worried on what's going to happen.

What makes me wonder is to why are you so calm about this? I said glaring at him.

There purpose for them to fall one by one because they are just small puzzle pieces that I need in forming the big picture. Have you ever wonder what those creatures are made of... Chimeras are combined parts of any living beings but humans are used as a base while manticores are failed reused resources. Humans/Mages in my side that tried to betray or escape their sworn loyalty to me. They make best ingredients for sacrifices. Since you have done an excellent work as lure, I'll spare you for the upcoming havoc that will rain upon this world. Cain said then suddenly the door to my room burst open to reveal kristoff and sven with anna and the others following in pursuit. Anna ran up to me and enveloped me in to her infamous bone crushing hug.

Elsa! Thank goodness your safe. Anna said as she let go of me. Remembering that cain is here filled me with worry. But I soon as I look to where he was sitting a moment ago, only to see it was empty and no trace of him can be seen.

Elsa your ok! Olaf said giving me a hug.

Anna what are you doing here?! It's dangerous! I said

I know but right now we need to get out of here. Once we are outside, elsa I need you to make a signal for the other know you are free... Anna said

Can you help me remove this thing first? I said referring to the gloves. As anna help me remove them but to no avail.

We need to regroup with Frederick. His the only one besides (Y/N) know to remove this. Anna said as we leave the dungeons.

If I remember correctly, we should cross the main hall towards the exit. But they'll be guards wait there. Kristoff said as we sneak in the pathways. The entrance to main hallway wasn't guarded which alarmed us more. Kristoff first went by the door to check if its safe.

Odd... No one is around. Let's go... Kristoff said as we enter and dash to the other door. Suddenly a lighting blast stop us in our tracks and almost hit kristoff and sven. We look around to see who caused it and it was non none other than cain. Holding up his hand and ready to cast another lightning spell.

It wouldn't be wise leave. Caerulus isn't here yet... And she has to willingly cooperate. Cain said

Hans! How dare you show your face here! On top of that to cause more trouble. I guess you haven't had enough of my knuckle sandwich. Anna said ready to storm towards cain but I quickly stop her.

Anna he may look like hans but that's not him... Not anymore... His Cain the wanderer. I said making her step back a bit.

Hmm... Interesting... Nevertheless I just need her majesty. So the rest of you might as well be addition to my sacrificial summoning the mother of all beasts. Cain said as I felt a pulling force, separating me to the others. Cain released another lightning strike towards them. Explosion and smoke can be seen.

Anna! No! I said shocked and worried for my family's safety. As the smoke subsided, all my worries disappeared as to see my family is safe. Protected by a magic barrier cast by non other than (Y/N).

-----------*-----------

(Y/N)'s POV

It's been a while has it. Caerulus Inlustris... Cain said

200 years... Aren't you tired of doing the same thing. Cain? I said menacingly glaring cain.

Better do as I say. Her majesty isn't the only life in my disposal. Just give me the sword and it will all over. Cain said pointing his hand towards his neck.

I look at elsa calmly but I fear for her the most if something worse ever happens. Turning to cain, I would never thought he possessed the troublesome prince from the southern isles. If he dies this will cause not just a magical issue but a political strain between to nations. Causing an end result of another war. He may have a body but not as powerful back then still his dangerous. I need to defeat cain without harming hans somehow...

Cain you know more than anyone else that it's not that simple to get the sword. Back in the last wars, you did atrocious means in getting it. That's why it will never choose you to be its wielder. Killing your original body won't solve anything. You need to stop because this will just end in vain. Let hans go and i'll help you find another way. I said trying to reach out for him.

Killing my brother out of jealousy. Back then I was naive to the feeling. People who've said that to me just ended in betrayal. It's to late for me now. Sigh... I was planning to do this later but you have given me no choice. Cain said as he raised his hand then a red magic circles appeared around him. Chanting some sort of ancient spell. The blasting the ceiling of the fortress making a clear view on what's happening in the sky. Souls from fallen enemies are gathering, ground shaking and clouds suddenly dispersed forming a dark massive hole.

Accept my offering. I summon thee. Mother of all monsters...Echidna! Cain said as loud roar can be heard coming from the hole. A giant clawed hands slowly emerging from it. I need to stop this before it escalates further and the only way for it is to defeat him and the monster using my ultimate spell: Absolute Domain. But first in need to evacuate them to safety.

William! Evacuate them now! I said then suddenly willy appeared in Anna's side just in time. Looking at the situation, he understands on what to do. I quickly grab elsa and direct her towards the others.

You all need to get to safety. I said noticing Elsa's hands are covered in enchanted gloves. I help her remove them by destroying the runes.

What about you (Y/N). We can just leave you! Elsa said stopping

Oi! Snow queen! Time to go because staying here isn't safe! Willy said as he drove the others to the portal he made.

I have to do this. It will surely end me but I will do anything to protect the ones I love. I said but before she give a protest, I gave her one last kiss. Making her look at me in shock and speechless before she enter the portal and willy sending them to safety. I hope the kiss would be enough for her to know what I now feel for her. Now to take care of something that I should have done years ago...

Facing towards cain, I take out my cane staff. Zed zoomed out from it.

Zed I unshackle your binds... I said then zed water magic surround me and revealing a glowing Crest on the cane. Removing its binding seal on the handle to reveal it true form: the sword of azreal.

So you had it all along. Cain said as walk towards me with lighting magic in his other hand.

Stabing the sword to the ground, I closed my eyes and focus on my surroundings. Intricate magic circles appeared on the ground and finding the serenity in the mist of chaos.

Lord of Creation...

Hear me...

By thy will and blessing...

Restoring order in this world...

I invoke thee in my name...

My Absolute Domain: Caerulus Inlustris!

With that, everything around us was engulfed by a white light. Then its replaced by an ocean scenery reflecting the dark starry sky and instantly nullifying cain's spell. Turning to him, he just looked at the sky with a sad smile.

An Absolute Domain spell. One of the most powerful spell that gives a caster the universal control of reality. It's also considered a taboo spell because of messing with the order of the world and the equivalent exchange for the permanent changes is your life. I got to handed to you. You have become more powerful over the years... I accept defeat and now at your mercy. Cain said

When I said I'll help you. I meant it... We been both suffering with our curses. Killing you isn't the solution. I know my comrades back then hide your original body but most of your curse is embedded there. But the soul still can be changed. That's why I'm giving you a chance. Your soul will to go in the reincarnation cycle until god himself end your curse. Every end of your lifetime, you'll forget and begin anew. You've been suffering your curse because you remember everything that happened to you. This is all that I can help... I said

Atleast you gave me a chance. Temporarily peace I guess. I'm thankful... Our feud over the years has finally end. Cain said offering a handshake which I accepted. Closing his eyes, I can feel the essence of his soul fading. When his soul is gone, hans unconcious body was about to fall but I catch him. With a snap of my fingers, I sent him to his home in the southern isles by opening a portal then end the spell. Looking around my surroundings, I'm now standing in front of the destroyed fortress entrance. Hearing a glass-like cracking sound coming from my body, notifying me that my time is almost up...

-------------------*------------------

Elsa's POV

(Y/N) kissed me... Does that mean she has feelings for me?! More importantly, she's in danger...

We need to go back! Willy please take me back. I said to willy. He transported us back in Arendelle. Along with that soldiers & mages that came to my rescue. Some were injured and they been taken care of. I told anna and the others to get some rest. We found Frederick and venrich are also being treated for their injuries. I explained what happened to (Y/N) and now here we are pleading to willy in taking us back.

Sorry to say your majesty but the place miss blue went is not in my jurisdiction and severely dangerous. Willy said

So were is she? I can't even sense her... Venrich said

She invoked her absolute domain. Willy said hearing this, I saw Frederick went very pale on what willy said.

A-absolute Domain?!... Atleast teleport us the last place she went. Please willy... Frederick said seemingly distraught which filled me more with worry.

Fitz... what's wrong? What's absolute domain? Venrich said

It's a very powerful spell that manifests ones boundary field. When inside one, the only being that has total control of everything inside is the one who casted it. It's also known for being extremely dangerous because of the exchange of the spell is the caster's life... Frederick said

Fine... I'll take you to her. She doesn't have much time left and I feel she ended her spell. Willy said as he opened a portal. Me, venrich and Frederick quick entered it. Sending us back in the now ruined fortress. Venrich caught her scent and leading us to the nearby lake.

We see her standing by the shore and looking at the distant as the sky begins to color a rose-pink light of dawn. Without thinking, I ran towards her and enveloped with a hug.

Elsa... What are you doing here? (Y/N) said smiling sadly. As I look at her with visible glowing crack lines can be seen in her face. Is she dying?

(Y/N) what's going on?... I said then Frederick and venrich catch up with us.

(Y/N) your so unfair... why do have to go... not only you but ven as well. Frederick said holding back his tears like a child would.

Venrich, you won't be involved in my departing. (Y/N) said

What?! B-but I thought our familiar contract bind us. You die, I die... why?! Venrich said distraught on what his mistress said.

I won't go to detail but my father will explain everything once his able to. For now I need to go... (Y/N) said as she's losing consciousness. Venrich helped me lay down (Y/N) with her head in my lap. Her breathing getting weaker. The cracks are spreading and she is starting to glowing with emitting dust. As if she's about to disappear right in front of our eyes.

Frederick, avoid mischief and look out for our family. Venrich, protect elsa and Arendelle in my absence. And elsa... (Y/N) said then she look at me with a sad smile.

Please (Y/N). I can't lose you... I said as she tried reaching out her hand to hold my cheek. I crease it and hold on.

E-elsa before you were taken by cain. I was ready to tell you what I feel. You made me feel again my emotions. Regain my lost memories. To feel and truly be alive again. But most importantly... to love. I love you elsa with all I am. (Y/N) said as she sheds her tears.

Please no... There has to be another way. You can't go yet... I-I love you too... (Y/N) please... Don't leave me...I said as she closed her eyes, the glow from her body became more brighter. Then she suddenly vanishes with only glowing dust leaving behind. Leaving the three of us mourned for the loss the person whose dear to us...

(Y/N) Ainsel...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 661 17
What if you were sucked into the world of Encanto. what would you do? (Reader:Avilla Muerte x Isabela Madrigal) Disclaimer: I'm not very good in writ...
3.4K 173 23
After the Fall of Beacon, Nerys returns to Mantle not having much choice on the matter and a lot is going to happen to her, what with being back in a...
309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
10.5K 374 8
You are blind and live with wolves. What happens after Comet, the alpha of the pack and your guide banishes his brother, Orbit after trying to attack...