Swiftstar's Prophecy - Unfini...

By AmbiguousPierogi

Swiftpaw is prophecied to be the "peacemaker" between the clans and the rogues that threaten the clan territo... More

Important Information Before you Read
Map
Allegiances 0
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one *SPECIAL*
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-one
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
(Q&A) Chapter Fifty-four
Q&A + Facts + HINTS
Allegiances 1
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Facts + Hints 2
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-one
Chapter Sixty-two
Chapter Sixty-three
Chapter Sixty-four
Chapter Sixty-five
Chapter Sixty-six
Chapter Sixty-seven
Chapter Sixty-eight
Chapter Sixty-nine
Chapter Seventy
Hi guys!

Chapter Forty-eight *SPECIAL*

117 6 14
By AmbiguousPierogi

Redstar's body was laid out in the center of the clearing, his pelt drenched in blood and his green eyes foggy. It was Swiftpaw and Webshine who found him and dragged his lifeless body to the clearing. The leader accompanied Alderstalk, Minnowstream, Thrush-heart, Crowbite, Heronflight, and Splashfur. Whitefish, who is heavily pregnant, crawled out from the nursery to mourn for her mate, Splashfur. Bloompelt was laying with Minnowstream's cold body, her much warmer body shaking uncontrollably from the death of her mate. Blizzardtail drew a tongue over Minnowstream's forehead lovingly before using a paw to close his eyes. Tawnynose was grooming Thrush-heart's pelt one last time, making her seem as if she was just sleeping. Baydawn laid the petals of rosemary to hide Crowbite's eyes, the small tom not wanting to witness his brother's death look. Chivewhisker placed Heronflight and Alderstalk together; it seemed that the two brothers never separated from each other, so death will not part them. Tortoisetail was mourning over her brother, her snout constantly pressing against his.

Swiftpaw only sat next to Tortoisetail, staring painfully at Redstar's mangled body. She suspected that he overworked himself once again. Lichenface laid beside Redstar, her green eyes were dark. Flaxkit was with her, but he soon sat with Swiftpaw; the calico pulled him close to her with her tail. Pricklepelt was with her as well, silent, but his morality was fading. His chin was resting on Swiftpaw's shoulder.

Lionstripe stood in the shadow of the Clanrock. The snow made TideClan seem ancient, almost solemn. I can't believe we suffered such a great loss. Those rogues...they were really tough. Took our warriors... But Swiftpaw's heart skipped a beat and she stood up. Where's Wolfpaw?! She immediately began to search for her lover, scared that he was taken, too. But to her relief, he was in the nursery, reassuring the kits.

"Wolfpaw..!" Swiftpaw's voice broke as she rushed over to him, almost hitting her head at the entrance of the nursery. Briarkit, Russetkit, and Lilykit lifted their eyes to see a bloody calico she-cat but they were relieved she was alive. Dovefeather was with them but her blue eyes widened in shock.

The black tom was sitting down but he stood up to greet her. She covered his face with licks and he did so, too. But Swiftpaw buried her face into his chest, panting heavily. He's alive! He's alright...thank StarClan... She didn't know what she would do if he was dead...

"Swiftpaw, look at you..!" Dovefeather gasped. But the calico ignored the queen, too absorbed with her lover. Wolfpaw's tongue ran over her ears, "I'm glad you're alright. But you need to get checked on--"

"Then come with me. Please," she begged, looking up at him. His green eyes stared down into hers; his handsome eyes were filled with worry. "Alright, I will." he agreed, walking out of the nursery with her. He stayed in the nursery, guarding the entrance... seeing that no one in the nursery was harmed, he must've been a dangerous warrior. she thought tenderly of him. 

When they exited the nursery, the whole clan was mourning over their losses. Wolfpaw brushed his lips by Swiftpaw's ear, "I'm sorry for your loss," he whispered. She lowered her head. After she would be treated, she wanted to mourn for Redstar. Soon, Blizzardtail and Pricklepelt were walking beside them, the two older toms quiet. But Blizzardtail asked, "Are you two alright?"

"We're fine," Wolfpaw meowed, "But what about you?"

Blizzardtail's fur was matted with blood and scratches. His worse injury was his leg, as he limped slightly. "I'm fine, son. You both fought bravely. But, you, Swiftpaw," the mottled tom huffed to the calico. Swiftpaw flinched slightly; she was sure he was going to scold her for leaping into battle. But the senior warrior blinked slowly, "I have never seen such bravery in my life. Yes, it was stupid, but the fact you did it for Pricklepelt shows you are truly a TideClan warrior in my eyes."

Swiftpaw felt proud and her heart swelled. She chuckled and so did Wolfpaw. It even made Pricklepelt purr! "I'm proud of both of you," Blizzardtail meowed lovingly.

I don't care if I'm still an apprentice. Heck, even if my name is changed back to Swiftkit! I'm a warrior in Blizzardtail's, Pricklepelt's, and Wolfpaw's eyes! 

~

Swiftpaw's pelt smelled of herbs once Baydawn was done with her. The medicine cat treated Swiftpaw's injuries delicately, his eyes were strained, and he looked older than he should be. "Thank you, Baydawn," she lovingly licked his ears. Poor Baydawn... He is the last of Fogstorm's litter... 

Wolfpaw sat beside Swiftpaw during her treatment, his tail entwined with her's. The only injury the black tom had was a bruised claw from hitting the stone nursery during the rogue attack. Right next to them were Pricklepelt and Blizzardtail. Baydawn gave Pricklepelt some chamomile to calm himself from his depressive state, but the brown tom hasn't touched it yet. "I'll wait until Swiftpaw, Blizzardtail, and Wolfpaw are treated first, then I'll soothe myself," Pricklepelt had meowed.

Blizzardtail's pelt had marigold, chervil, and cobwebs everywhere. The mottled tom was laying on his side, heavily breathing, but he was living. Most of the clan had to be crammed into the medicine cat clearing and those who were able to walk could leave.

Swiftpaw was given many herbs for her injuries but she was able to walk just fine. She was sitting and about to get up when Lionstripe's voice echoed throughout the clearing, "All cats gather below the Clanrock for a clan meeting!"

"She has to pick a new deputy," Mothnose breathed as she stood up slowly. Mothnose, Swiftpaw, Wolfpaw, Pricklepelt, and Blizzardtail were the last cats to see the medicine cats. Although all cats were injured, most were able to stand. Whether they hid pain or not, they pushed on. This is what makes TideClan, Swiftpaw thought as she slowly made her way out of the medicine cat clearing, we put our pain to the side. We're as strong as the tides that rule the Grand River. And together, we're growing stronger. Just like the tide, together we'll be feared and strong. 

She helped Pricklepelt out of the medicine cat clearing, he leaning against her. Blizzardtail was escorted by Wolfpaw, followed by Mothnose, Baydawn, and Brookpelt. The whole clan was seated below the Clanrock. The cats were talking amongst themselves in worry. The bodies of their dead clanmates still remained in the center, their pelts cleaned from blood and their eyes closed. Swiftpaw witnessed Mudstrike hurrying over to Brookpelt, his sister, and the two sat together.

Atop of the Clanrock stood Lionstripe. She too was injured but she didn't seem phased at all. Her amber eyes were as bright as the sun and her pelt was blazing. Above, heavy clouds covered the sun, making the earth cold and miserable.

"Cats of TideClan," she meowed, "today, we lost many warriors. Redstar, Alderstalk, Minnowstream, Thrush-heart, Crowbite, Heronflight, and Splashfur have joined the ranks of StarClan. But today shall be the day where change will happen. Soon, Baydawn and I will travel to the StarRock to receive my nine lives, but first I want to address our new warriors and apprentices."

Swiftpaw, Wolfpaw, Blizzardtail, and Pricklepelt sat at the edge of the clancats, keeping to themselves. But when Lionstripe mentioned the new warriors, Blizzardtail let out a small chuckle. Huh? N-new warriors? Swiftpaw thought and exchanged glances with Wolfpaw. Pricklepelt nudged the black tabby apprentice, "Go ahead, the clan is waiting on you two."

All cats have turned their heads to Swiftpaw and Wolfpaw. The calico she-cat's fur felt on fire as all eyes were on her. But she held her chin high and she looked at Wolfpaw, "She-cats first," she teased. He rolled his eyes and purred as she padded towards the front of the clancats, her tail lashing elegantly. A soft breeze blew in the clearing, ruffling her fur. 

The Swiftpaw you knew before had just changed. The beautiful calico was no longer a kit. Her face was slightly triangular but it showed off her amber eyes perfectly. Her amber eyes were firey but passionately. Her body was slender, her pelt was long, feathery, but glossy. Her tail was feathery but slick. Her legs were muscular but elegant. The she-cat was simply the one who could defy that being beautiful didn't just mean you weren't a warrior. Some battle scars showed on her pelt and more were to come. She looked very mature and an almost perfect image of what Echoflower would've wanted her to be.

Wolfpaw looked mature as well. He was muscular, large, with the most handsome, piercing, green eyes the shade of rich mint. His black-tabby pelt had slight hints of lighter gray, the same color on his paws and chest. His pelt was sleek but soft and perfectly outlined his muscular figure. His face was angled, showing off his green eyes. If anyone were to look at him now, they wouldn't believe it was the black tabby kit they knew before. From this day forward, he would be seen as a serious, strict, and fearful tom on the outside. Though he was kind and loving, he knew not to let it show too much. Any cat would be able to identify his father as Blizzardtail; the father and son were both fearful but respected.

These two cats have been through hellish experiences. But those experiences have shaped into the warriors they will soon become.

Pricklepelt turned to Blizzardtail, his yellow eyes narrowed. "Just what did you have planned?" the brown tom asked the senior warrior quietly. Blizzardtail scoffed at his friend, his tail lashing, "Only what should've happened before. And I made sure that their warrior names would be very important. Those two are very powerful together, ya know?"

"I know," Pricklepelt blinked slowly, looking at the two cats. His heart swelled happily. They were like his own kits; he wished they were. "How much I wished they were my kits. I'm proud of them both." Pricklepelt meowed.

Swiftpaw and Wolfpaw stood beside each other, looking up at Lionstripe. They both puffed their chests out and their tails were entwined with each other lovingly, showing the clan that they were together from this day forward.

"Today, TideClan will receive two new warriors who should've been warriors earlier. These two cats have shown their bravery and their ferocity in battle and it was time to make them into warriors. Swiftpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code at all costs, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do," Swiftpaw meowed confidently.

"Then, with the powers of StarClan bestowed in me, I shall give you your warrior name. From this day forward, you will be Swiftblossom of TideClan. We honor your speed in battle and your ability to remain independent and influential."

"Wolfpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code at all costs, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do," Wolfpaw answered boldly.

"Then, with the powers of StarClan bestowed in me, I shall give you your warrior name. From this day forward, you will be Wolfspirit of TideClan. We honor your fierce spirit in battle, comparable to a loyal wolf, and your passion to protect your clanmates. Even though you were given a rough welcome, seeing you quickly turn into a TideClan warrior shows promise for the future of the clan."

Swiftblossom... how cute. My name symbolizes quick learning but also the cherry blossoms that fluttered around Wolfspirit and I when we fell in love. Swiftblossom slightly suspected that Blizzardtail had witnessed them together. He thinks of me as beautiful as a blossom. Just as beautiful as Echoflower and Juniperberry. 

She looked over at Wolfspirit and caught him gazing at her with love. And Wolfspirit. To represent his fighting spirit. What a handsome name. His pelt is as dark as a wolf's, but his eyes are as bright as a blooming plant. 

"SWIFTBLOSSOM! WOLFSPIRIT!" Pricklepelt and Blizzardtail erupted happily, their loud voices made all the cats jump in surprise. Everyone soon joined in. Swiftblossom's heart bloomed and she told Wolfspirit, "Congratulations on such a handsome name."

"Your name is so beautiful," he told her, pressing his nose against hers. She purred and turned to look at all her clanmates. Briarkit, Russetkit, and Lilykit cheered loudly, alongside Dovefeather and Sparkclaw. Maplefoot, Ripplefrost, and Webshine cheered in pure joy, Mudstrike roared their names, and Baydawn cheered their names happily. But as Swiftblossom's eyes scanned the cats, familiar faces caught her eyes.

Standing beside Blizzardtail was Juniperberry. There was also Whiteoak and Troutpath, but what made Swiftblossom's heart swell the most was Echoflower. The pretty black-and-white she-cat sat in the back, gazing at her daughter fondly. At her paws were two kits; Swiftblossom guessed that they were Wolfspirit's deceased sisters.

"D-do you see them?" Swiftblossom whispered to Wolfspirit. He blinked slowly at his lover and he responded, "I do."

______________________________

I absolutely love the name Swiftblossom. I didn't want to give our character and Wolfspirit boring names. In fact, I really hate basic suffixes. Luckily, Lionstripe, or Lionstar, will be releasing unique warrior names in the future.

What do you guys think of Swiftblossom and Wolfspirit's warrior names? And how do you feel towards Blizzardtail?

Also, here are picture references of Swiftblossom and Wolfspirit. I didn't feel like drawing them (also because my phone is acting weird), but here you go!

These pictures were not taken by me. They belong to their respective owners!

Thank you guys for coming on this journey with me, but the road ahead is dangerous and rocky.

-Morgan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161 23 20
{BOOK 1/6} Clanlife has been at a relative calm for the most part. Warriors doing their duties, apprentices training hard, and queens caring the kits...
91 0 27
The four Clans have lived in peace for seasons, but all good things must come to an end. Medicine cats, an integral part of Clan life and leadership...
1.3K 61 29
Minnowpaw is just like any other RiverClan apprentice. She is loyal, strong, a determined to become a warrior that her Clan can be proud of. But a st...
94.2K 3.4K 42
Dawncurl is born into perfection. Her mother always told her that life was a blessing and that she should never take it for granted. However since th...