Gotham's Own Ladybug

By Miraculous_786

Damian never expected to fall for the new student, Marinette Iszel. He also never expected her to be a trauma... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Sixteen

7.6K 226 83
By Miraculous_786

The silence in the room lingered for a few moments, as Marinette's footsteps moved further and further away. However, Harley broke it with a confident snark.

"No point in hiding, Batsy. We know you're there."

After a few seconds, a grunt emanated from the shadows around the open window nearby. A figure dressed in onyx and kevlar melded from the darkness.

"You've been expecting me."

"Yes," Poison Ivy agreed, folding her arms. "We have."

"And we know what- or should I say who you want," Harley carried on for the woman.

Batman appeared to raise a brow beneath his cowl. The duo took it as a silent question for an elaboration on the claim.

"Brucie ain't getting to keep our Honey. She's ours, and it's going to stay that way."

The male let out what sounded to be a sigh. "It's Marinette's choice, I'm afraid. You're technically not her legal guardians, which is why I proposed her adoption to Mr Wayne, who agreed to it."

"Oh, I know why," the clown laughed. "Not only 'cause of her dark hair and blue eyes, but the fact that she's his son's 'friend', too I bet."

Batman's response was interrupted when there was an almost inaudible gasp to the side. The three adults snapped their heads there to see MariQuinn standing with flushed cheeks and an awkward smile.

"H-Hi...?"

The Dark Knight scanned over her outfit, taking in the dyed tips of her hair, familiar script on her shirt, and choker wrapped around her neck. The words etched into its surface made him narrow his eyes, though it was unseen.

"U-Umm, I'll just, uhh..." she fumbled.

"Aaaw, Sugar, that bracelet suits you so well!"

Marinette blushed even more. "T-Thank you," she admonished. "But, I'll be, um, going now. I'm guessing you need to have a conversation?"

Bruce nodded, and input, "Yes, but I think you'll want to sit down. It's about your guardians."

At the way she gulped and minutely paled, Harley deadpanned, "Way to go Batsy. You're making it seem like we're getting arrested or somethin'."

Pamela sent a small glare his way, before walking up to and placing a hand on the girl's shoulder. She assured, "It's nothing bad, my Flower, don't worry."

"Okay..." she said, making her way over to the couch and taking a seat. Her hands found themselves fiddling with each other.

"I'm sure you're aware of your aunts' backgrounds," Batman started, and at her confused nod he begun to explain. "Well, I fear that their past might lead to use of you as a pawn or being in danger because of possible enemies or grudges."

"Yes, I know that there's a chance of that," Marinette revealed, suddenly feeling defensive. "But I trust my aunts to protect me if anything happens."

"I'm not doubting them," he was quick to say. "But I wanted to offer you something in case you're cautious of anything at anytime."

MariQuinn raised a brow, with her lips open in slight shock. "What, what is it?"

"An offer of adoption."

"What?"

"Told ya so, Bats. Brucie ain't gettin' her."

The designer tilted her head, questioning, "Wait, 'Brucie'?"

"She's talking about Bruce Wayne, who I'm sure you know through his son at Gotham Academy."

Marinette fought off the urge to break her cover of knowing his identity, and asked, "So, he's the one who wants to adopt me?"

Batman nodded. "It isn't compulsory for you to take the offer. He just wanted me to pass on the message that you're free to come over to the Wayne Manor whenever you want to."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Thoughts clouded the baker's mind for a dozen or so seconds, as she gazed down at her lap in concentration. Though the answer was a seemingly simple thing, she couldn't help but backtrack when thinking that her decision would affect more than herself.

"We won't be mad with any of your decisions, Sweetie," Harley Quinn promised. "Take your time."

"I...I don't want to be adopted by someone else," Marinette hushedly admitted. "But I do want to be able to stay there from time-to-time, if that makes sense."

The adults released their breaths.

"I understand," Batman affirmed, his lips twitching upwards. "And I'll inform Mr Wayne of your response - I'm positive that he'll agree to it."

A beam tugged at her mouth, and one soon adorned her features. "Thank you so much, Monsieur Way- Batman."

Thankfully, it seemed that he chose to ignore her slip up, after he bid, "There's no reason to thank me, Marinette. Stay safe."

Just after his reply, the vigilante turned back around to the open window behind, and pulled out his grappling hook. He then proceeded to shoot it into the night, and take a practised leap out into the sky.

A huff from Harley cut through the silence.

"He's such a show-off."

That coaxed a giggle out of the teen there, as her carers both faced her with matching expressions. They enveloped her in a hug from both sides.

"My Flower, I can't believe you did that."

"I had to," she said with a soft smile. "You're the ones that've been looking after me this whole time, and I wouldn't leave for the world."

That prompted them to hug her even closer.

"Sugar, you're too amazing sometimes."

Pink overtook MariQuinn's cheeks.

"But I know that we're not the main reason you refused," the clown drawled. "Are we?"

"U-Uh, well..." she squeeked, glancing between them with a ducked head. Their teasing grins only made her face hotter as she finally confessed, "I just...I can't be with Dami if he's my adopted brother!"

Harley laughed, patting her head. "Hey, don't be embarrassed, Honey. We get it."

Pamela voiced her agreement with an affirmative hum.

"Now, what d'ya say you go call your friend, huh? Jinx'll probably want to talk to you."

"Oh, you're right!" Marinette exclaimed. "Thank you, Aunties!"

She swiftly gave them a hug each, before not-so-subtly running towards her bedroom to where her iPad was.

The couple simply chuckled whilst shaking their heads in amusement.

~*~*~

"What did I say?" Jason mused, rubbing a hand against his helmet. "Back at it again with the adopting, B."

"Jason right about something?" Tim murmured. He took another sip from his mug. "Must be the end times."

Dick gave his brother a worried look.

"Boys," Bruce hushed, causing them to go quiet. "That's not the reason I've called you here, Jason."

"You sure? 'Cause you didn't call Demon Spawn."

"I don't want him to know what I'm about to tell you yet," he provided with a straight face. "Since it has something to do with his friend."

"'Friend'?" Red Hood snorted.

Batman didn't even bother to say anything, and instead chose to type on the Bat Computer keyboard. A few seconds passed, until a file appeared on the screen.

Jason squinted at it.

"Demon Spawn's girlfriend was the ladybird girl?" he asked. "Damn. There go the chances of grandkids, B."

"Jaybird!"

"What?" he shrugged. "I'm not wrong."

Bruce sighed heavily. "I've gathered you here to go through all of the information we have on Marinette," he announced. "I have a feeling that there's more in Paris that we don't know about."

Tim placed his cup down. "Like what?" he queried.

"The circumstances that caused Marinette to come here in the first place, for one. There are no tickets to America in her name - whether it be by boat, plane or train - and there's no footage of her anywhere near the borders. She must have come via portal."

"'Portal'? Since when can she teleport?"

Batman opened his mouth to explain, and, as he did so, didn't notice the teen listening in from the shadows at the entrance of the Bat Cave. None of those present did.

Damian narrowed his emerald eyes. A gloved hand casually twirled around a katana in their grip while he watched with gritted teeth.

"Has she got any family or friends?" Tim questioned.

"Yes. Both of her parents are bakers, and are still doing business despite the fact that their daughter is missing," he responded. "One of her best friends is a reporter - her partner is a musician - and another is a model."

"It looks like he's coming to Gotham soon."

"Wait, really?"

"Yep. He's made advertisements and press interviews for it and everything."

Bruce kept quiet while he searched through the model's file, until he spoke collectively to them all with a blank expression.

"Keep an eye on him."

They didn't question his words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.6K 1.8K 12
The 18-year-old Damian is only interested in patrolling and getting stronger to one day fulfill Batman's legacy. A normal future with a wife and chil...
131K 2.9K 12
Just another Daminette... Alright so most Daminette happens when Marinette wins a class field trip to Gotham so to switch it up Damian is an exchange...
108K 3.9K 57
Despite the fact that many things had changed in her class, Marinette was content-she wasn't happy, but she was not sad or negative towards what had...
1M 25.8K 50
Disclaimer- I don't own the characters they belong to Zagg and DC Daminette: School Trip Those who know of him, think of Damian Wayne as the cold and...