I Don't Like Being Me Anymore...

By moon_dancer_

Welcome, I see you've found my first story! Please don't expect something good though I have tried my best. A... More

Back Again
(Random Short Story 1)
Indigo
Chase
Warmth
Comfort
Pressure

Talk to me, About your Insecurities

237 3 21
By moon_dancer_

A bit of very subtle physical contact.

-

"Yea man, practice's going pretty good." Jack replied, after one of his friends had asked him how his choir practice was going.

He looked around a bit briefly, before a sharp ring on the speakers beside him. He let out a small whimper, wincing.

"The fuck?" He looked around. "Okay." He grunted.

"Hey everyone, uh, go inside," Aiden, the boy who hosted the party said loudly. Everyone stared, then some people started cheering.

"Get the hell inside, everything's inside." He said again, jumping down the outdoor plastic table he was standing on.

Surprisingly, a lot of people rushed inside, as if they've been waiting for it. Jack's friends offered to go inside, as he was slightly forced to go inside.

It was pretty cliche- disco ball on the ceiling, and the typical 'rich kid mansion-like' house. Everyone was enjoying the moment, a house party in a friday night.

He wondered how Ralph was doing. Ralph seemed to be inside, as he saw him entering the house with Simon, but inbetween the crowd, he couldn't tell which blondie was the boy he was looking for.

Some girls walked nearby Jack and gave him small looks- looks of.. appreciation? Hopefully.

Jack scoffed, going back into conversation.

-

"Hey Simon, this is actually pretty neat." Ralph said, still holding Simon's arm.
"Yea, 'told you so." Simon looked around, as his cheeks were dusted in rainbow because of the reflection from the disco ball.

"I'll go for a drink, try to talk to some people. I'll catch up with you." Simon smiled at Ralph, as he nodded a bit anxiously.

Ralph walked around the people, pushing and pulling. He looked down, immediately regretting his decision of leaving Simon.
He looked around, and saw Jack, poking from the crowd. He wasn't very tall, but today, he seemed so.
Ralph walked towards Jack, literally the only person to talk to, and not just stand around like a loser.

"Hey." Jack noticed him first, as Ralph walked towards Jack.
"Uh, hi." Ralph looked at Jack. Jack was taller than Ralph, who was now looking subtly above.
"How are you doing?" Jack asked, looking away. He seemed baffled.
"Anxious, I don't like it when I'm alone in.." Ralph squinted. "A party."

"Who's with you?" Jack asked. Ralph looked.
"Simon, he brought me here." Ralph replied.

"Oh." Jack frowned dimly.
When Ralph said Simon's name, he felt like as if Ralph didn't prefer being around him. As if Simon was all that's enough for him. As if he himself was just not enough.

"Well, he left me so I figured I'd talk to someone." Ralph messed with his hair, as Jack smiled.
It was enough for him, that Ralph found his company best other than anyone. (Except Simon, dag nabbit.)

"You wanna talk for a bit, then?" Jack awkwardly asked, wanting Ralph to stay.
"Sure, that's what I'm here for." He smiled.
Jack felt his face heat up for a second, as he turned to touch his black- cold wristwatch with his cheeks.

"Alright, good!" He said, scoffing a bit at himself.
He wondered how much Ralph could fluster him, his stupid smile was enough to make him go crazy-
You know, to make him confused before sleeping. Those few minutes of thoughts before you go to bed.

"I feel like I don't fit in here." Ralph said, trying to ignore the fact that the same exact person had almost killed his current best friend, and himself.

"Well, wanna head out for some fresh air?" Jack asked, trying to sound apathetic.
"Let's go." Ralph nodded, holding Jack's arm very slightly.
Jack felt his grip, and looked away.

-

"It's kinda warm tonight." Ralph said. He looked around, seeing almost nobody. Nobody around, except a few cheerleader girls, or a few other random people.

"Yea, I know." Jack said almost immediately after Ralph finished his sentence.

They just acknowledged each other's presence, letting the wind breeze by.

Jack recalled a memory.

"Jack, look." Ralph said, while poining at the nearest tree.
"You gotta take those twigs from the tree and help everyone make a fire, alright?" Ralph told me again.
Though, I was busy staring at his side. He was quite lanky, and pale- he seemed too fragile to be the leader. His face was prettier than a girl- but more handsome than any other boy.

Ralph was like a sculpture- made way back in time. His strong, wonderful facial structure.
Jack knew he looked as good as Ralph- but he couldn't stop staring.

"ARE YOU LISTENING, JACKASS?" Ralph yelled slightly, as Jack flinched.
"Err.. urr.. the twigs, I'll go get them." He said.

"Hey, Jack?" Ralph asked, as Jack looked around.
"Oh, sorry. I dozed off." Jack replied, as Ralph chuckled.

"Hey, what were you saying that day when you stormed off?" Ralph asked.

Jack looked at Ralph. He was baffled in affection and confusion.

"Uh, well," Jack stuttered. Ralph was unusually being nice. It felt weird, but Jack was pretty happy.
"I just wanted to make truce with you." He messed with his hair. It wasn't truce at all- he had mentioned about something different rather than- truce.

"Truce?" Ralph held his laughter in, but let it out.
"Hahah, truce. You sound so serious." Ralph thought to himself- might aswell just let Jack be a little less hostile with him today.

"Hey Ralph?" Jack looked. Ralph tilted his head.
"Yea?" Ralph replied.

"I wasn't talking about truce exactly, you know, uh,"
Jack shook his head.

Ralph looked confused. "Then what?"

Jack, he knew he had one chance to do this, and he maybe drank a little too much, he felt a bit lightheaded. He grabbed Ralph's wrist, and headed inside.

"Where are we going, dude?" Ralph looked confused, still following the taller redhead's steps.

Jack found the bathroom located at the second floor, went inside with Ralph, and locked the door.

"This is ga-" Ralph was about to say something, but then he couldn't let his words out.
Jack kissed him on the lips. It wasn't anything fancy, just lips pressing on each other.

Ralph felt weird. He felt happy, and he could feel butterflies in his stomache. But at the same time, he felt upset and a bit uncomfortable. Why did he always have to be like this?

Ralph gasped for air, having held his breath for the whole kiss. It only lasted a few seconds, but it felt like a few minutes.

Jack grabbed Ralph's wrist without consent, pinning him on the white wooden door behind his back.
Ralph let out a few whimpers indicating that he wasn't enjoying this, but Jack continued.

He left a small hickey on Ralph's neck. Ralph glanced at the mirror, and then violently pushed Jack away.

"GET OFF ME!" Ralph yelled, eyes tearing up. He felt like he did something wrong. Something awfully wrong. He felt attached to Jack- but detatched to his emotions.

Ralph wiped his eyes, furrowing his brows, and then left the bathroom quickly. He left the door open behind him.

Unluckily for both of them, there were a few girls who caught a glimpse of Ralph's hickey, and Ralph leaving the bathroom while Jack was in it too.

Jack felt rejected- awful. He needed to apologize. But Ralph had already left, pushing everyone away.

Author's Note_
Oh wow, this story was sure long. I didn't intend it to be, although I'm glad this story seemed a bit productive.
Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

595K 36.2K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
133K 4.9K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
306K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
555K 12.2K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.