CALLOUS [On Hold ]

By GalaxyMelter

Cassandria 'Cassy' Xanders is a young and successful businesswoman. She owns a variety of small shops around... More

#1
#3
#4

#2

688 28 6
By GalaxyMelter

CAllus rushed into the hospital. he was on time but he liked being earlier than that. when he entered his mother's room, she was chatting with his younger brother Maximus. p.s maximus is played by Kit Harington ;) she was smiling. He was relieved she was feeling better. When she saw him she stopped and called him over.

"Callus" she said.

"Mom " he said as he embraced her. Her eyes strayed to the flowers where they widened, looking starstruck.

"You don't like them?" He asked.

"Callus, are those white lilies? Where did you get white lilies from? " she asked, still stuck in her day dreaming.

"From a small plant shop on the shortcut, what's wrong? Dont you like them? " he asked again, a bit frantic.

"Oh Callus! I love them!" She said, clasping her hands eloquently. He gave them to her. "Callus, promise me, when I recover, you must carry need to this plant shop! "

"Yes mom, I will but in the mean time, you concentrate on feeling better " he assured her. Ms Xanders was right... Callus couldn't lie,that woman was enchanting. Even if he had just met her, he felt like she was the only pheromone he was enthralled to. He was looking forward to meeting her again. She would be perfect company for his mother.

are you sure its only for your mother? his conscience asked

yes!! Callus answered aggressively to his mind

you lie blatantly Callus it spoke back. he sighed knowing his conscience was right. it wasnt only for his mother....

Concentrate in your health, mother, I will concentrate on other matters...

"Callus? " maximus called out.

"what? "He asked, a bit pissed off that his brother broke his daydream.

"Whoa there bulldog! " maximus teased. Callus sneered at him, their mother only laughed to their childishness.

"What do you want you big idiot? "

"I wanted to know if all the work at the office was finished? "

"Somewhat, it's frustrating but it's good to have some of it off my shoulders" he sighed. he spent some time with his mother and then left to his house. he lived alone and rarely had women over but he did have a maid, mrs. collen, an old mother like figure in his life. when his mother would scold him, she would comfort him. she would spoil him alot but taught him valuable lessons.

he reclined on his leather chair, sipping some expensive Veuve Clicquot wine, then his mind went back to ms. Xanders. she was such a different woman. Callus could feel it in his bones, that woman was a rose between weeds. her smile alone was enough to tell him she was selfless. he had that habit, reading people's personalities through their actions; afterall he was a business tycoon. he smirked as he recalled what some magazines called him; the heir of success, the holder of trade. They made him sound like a God! the only thing that made his mind think about god was that woman. she had stained his memory. he smiled to himself, he wondered what was going through her mind right now.....

AS Cassy sat down on her lomfy comfy couch she couldnt help but think about mr. mcknight. her body shivered to the thought of him. tall, dark and handsome...just the way she liked it.

She pulled out her chocolate ice cream and dunked it down. Even though it was three years, everytime she was alone, she saw their faces; the disappointment, the scorn, the judging looks. She was haunted by the very people who were supposed to care for care her. They're still walking on this earth. I don't know where and I don't want to. I hate them and I never want to see their faces again. Tears trickled down her tinted cheeks as she couldn't fight the untamed anger within her. And as always, the anger formed into tears. The saline taste in her mouth caused her to close up her ice cream and go walking. All she wanted was to never remember them, to stop being taunted by her past, all she wanted was the happiness she radiated or atleast a piece of that.

No one would ever understand her situation. They were always asking "how could you hate your parents? "

All she did was look at them and say "Because I have a reason to " only cassy knew her pain. Everyone would only offer their sorrys, something that would never affect anything. They don't know anything... what are they sorry about? My parents ? She thought as she walked through the pathway, this world will judge you, criticize you and then be friends with you.

her phone brought her back to the reality.

"hello?''

"Cassy?...."

"yes? who is this?"

"it's melony" Cassy heard sniffling, was she sick? what was wrong?

"what's wrong Mel?"

"its johnston"

"what happened?" her voice became so motherly within seconds.

" he's in the hospital, he's critical, i can't lose him! cass! i can't!" mel's voice went frantic, she started mumbling incoherant words. by the mean time , cassy pulled out her keys and started her car " mel, im on my way, i dont want you to stay calm i want you to not worry, im here, god's here"

" okay, come quick" her voice was pitched at the end. Cassy closed her eyes. she remembered the same desperation in her voice when she landed on her grandparents' front door, weeping and trembling. she locked her house door and walked to the car and sped off to the hospital.

as she ran through the automatic doors, she called out for Lox, her cousin who spent most of her years with her. Lox was a well trained doctor with few years experience but an outstanding portfolio.

"lox, i need to know where Johnston Rodriguez is warded?"

" hold on" she took up the files and looked at them. " first floor, room 14 he's stable now , his girlfriend is in pieces"

"thank you lox" cassy rushed down to the room, before entering she looked through the door window, Mel was curled up on the bed beside johnston. Cassy opened the door and entered quietly. she observed johnston's face; there were cuts and bruises everywhere. cassy held her head in her hands. mel was going to be devastated by this.

.

.

.

some hours after...

when mel awoke, she saw cassy and crawled over to her.

"cassy" mel sobbed into cassy's shirt. cassy patted her back and asked "what happened mel?"

" he was attacked by a gang of men who mistaked him for his cousin Nucio, they beat him up so bad, cass, the doctor says its possible he had brain trauma and all that blood loss, two of his ribs are broken. johnston lives alone with his mother, they cant afford the treatment! what am i going to do? if he doesnt get the treatment he may remain like this forever" she quaked in cassy's arms.

"you dont worry about the treatment, ill sort that out, you need to stay with him and ensure he feels better" Cassy said. it was only then she realised that she had shed her own tears. she hugged mel and exited the room. she saw lox and enquired

"lox, the treatment for that boy...how much is it?" Lox checked her file holder and replied " its about 75000"

" lox, i'll pay for the treatment in full, just make sure he gets better"

" are you sure Cassy?" she pulled out the form for the sugery and treatment and handed it to Cassy

"yes, now where do i have to sign?" Lox handed Cassy the pen and pointed to the blank space beneath the terms , Cassy enscripted her curvy signature and gave Lox the form.

"you know Cass, you're really an angel in human form" Lox said taking her glasses off, smiling. Lox and Cassy were the same age. where Cassy had ginger red hair , Lox had chestnut brown hair. Cassy had green gray eyes but Lox had pale blue eyes.

Lox knew everything about Cassy's troubles , she comforted her during every night that cassy would stay up crying.

cassy patted Lox's back and went to sit down on the couch. she fell into the fastest sleep and dreamt a world of fantasy and nothing she could even grasp.

she was in a beautiful place. the light luminating a beautiful cottage with plants Cassy had never seen, they were gorgeous beyond words. she saw two children; a girl and a boy, the girl was older than the boy and then there was him. who was he? she didnt know but he called her over, she couldnt see his face but his voice was so familiar......... she walked over to him and he lifted her off the ground kissing her and hugging her body close as if he would lose her. Cassy felt her hands grip him with the same passion and intensity. she was so happy in this setting, she didnt want to let go, she never wanted to let go. it seemed like a gift for the life she lived and she would accept it whole heartedly.

but the only thing which confused her was...........

who is the man in my dream? why does he sound she familiar?

hey guys i apologise for not updating in such a long time but hey its close to christmas! dont worry i will update because i have the time!

p.s Lox is played by Karen Gillan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 18.3K 19
"α€˜α€±α€Έα€α€Όα€Άα€€α€œα€¬α€•α€Όα€±α€¬α€α€šα€Ί α€„α€œα€»α€Ύα€„α€Ία€œα€Ύα€―α€•α€Ία€žα€½α€¬α€Έα€œα€­α€―α€·α€α€²α€·.... α€™α€Ÿα€―α€α€Ία€›α€•α€«α€˜α€°α€Έα€—α€»α€¬...... ကျွန်တော် α€”α€Ύα€œα€―α€Άα€Έα€žα€¬α€Έα€€ α€žα€°α€·α€”α€¬α€™α€Šα€Ία€œα€±α€Έα€€α€Όα€½α€±α€€α€»α€α€¬α€•α€«.... α€€α€»α€½α€”α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€Ία€›α€„α€Ία€α€―α€”α€Ία€žα€Άα€α€½α€±α€€...
1.3M 69.5K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
484K 14.2K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
4.7M 299K 108
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...