valiant|| the walking dead

By lanstovslver

val • iant adjective possessing or showing courage or determination aiden dixon died for a minute before pay... More

before reading.
final book in the series.
cast.
cast.
ACT I.
one.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ACT II.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.

two.

1.2K 28 1
By lanstovslver

CHAPTER TWO,
the guns.

Aiden sat on the back of Daryl's bike. They were chasing down two Saviors with the .50 cals. She clung to him. "Shit, Daryl!" She yelled as the man lowered the back and fired at the two with one of the guns. Daryl swerved to the side and the two went rolling off the bike. Rick flew past the two in the Jeep he was in.

"Come on, Aid." Daryl said as he helped her up. The two got back on his bike and followed after Rick. They got off of the bike and moved to where they saw the truck overturned.

"Hey." Rick said to the two. He crawled up the hill. He stood up and the three stared down at the sight. "We got the guns."

"You look like shit." Daryl said. Rick looked at him and Aiden snorted.

"Let's go see if this asshole's alive." Rick said. The three made their way towards the man Rick stabbed. Rick asked his gun at him after see he was alive.

"Your people at the chemical plant... did you win?" Rick asked him.

The man groaned, "no one did."

"The hell's that supposed to mean?" Daryl asked him. Daryl aimed his gun at his face. "The hell's that supposed to mean?"

"Everyone's dead." The man replied.

"Bullshit." Aiden snarled.

"There's no one else? You're the only one?"
Rick asked him.

"Me. The King. The Axe Man. And a short-haired psycho lady." Aiden felt her lips curl at his words, "you did this. My people... your people... they're all gone. Damn. And now, me too." The man said as he took his last breath. Daryl had walked away with Aiden trailing a few steps behind him. Aiden turned her head to see Rick stab the man.

Aiden walked down the hill in front of Rick. The two rounded the truck, "hey. Give me a hand with this." The two moved to help him grab the case.

"Got it?"

"Yeah."

They set the case on the ground and opened it. Dynamite and explosives laid inside. Aiden nodded to herself, "treasure, bitches." Daryl grabbed a bag and started putting the explosives in it.

"We can use these now." Daryl said. Aiden looked up at him.

"What?" Rick asked him.

"Think 'bout it. There ain't no Kingdom no more." Daryl said. Aiden furrowed her eyebrows. In the short time she was at the Kingdom she grew close the the King and Jerry.

"Yeah." Rick said with a thoughtful look on his face.

"You know what we gotta do. We blow open the Sanctuary, let the walkers flood in. They'll surrender. It'll be done. Hell, we could end this by sundown." Daryl said. He was full of hatred towards the Saviors and Aiden couldn't blame him. But the Saviors had workers, families who had no part in this mess.

Kids.

"They have workers in there, right?" Rick stood and asked Daryl. "Families, too? Are there?"

Daryl was quiet for a moment. "We'll got the south side of the main building. The workers live on the north side. They'll be up the stairs before the walkers even get in."

"What if they don't? There are people in there who aren't fighters. Doing this could change that. Make them pick up guns and stand by the Saviors. And if the Saviors don't surrender, maybe everyone fights us. And we don't have the Kingdom anymore. We're not doing this." Rick said sternly. Aiden cautiously glanced between the two men.

"No. You ain't doing this." Daryl said and shoved Rick slightly. Aiden rose her eyebrows. Daryl turned and walked way before Rick moved and grabbed him.

"There's a plan and everyone's sticking to it." Rick told him coolly. Aiden knew the two men better than anybody else did and she knew shit was about to go down.

"Not everyone. There's a lot of our people that are dead, Rick. Things change, man." Daryl turned to walk away but stopped and turned back towards his wife and best friend, "Negan and that other group, this is on them. If people die, it's their fault, not ours."

"Daryl, we can't do this." Rick said.

"He's right, Dare. What about the kids there?"Aiden stepped up beside Rick.

"What about our kids, Aiden!? And we got our own people to look after. I got a family to look after now." Daryl said and turned away and stalked off.

"We're not doing this," Rick stated and followed Daryl. "Hey. I'm not letting you do this." Rick grabbed Daryl's shoulder and Daryl turned and punched Rick square in the face.

"Daryl!" Aiden exclaimed. She moved towards the two. Daryl turned around and Rick stood before tackling the man.

"Stop!" Aiden yelled at the two. She pulled Rick's arm away from Daryl and she was knocked back. Daryl didn't like that Rick sent his wife to the ground and swung.

The two men started to fight. Rick stood and threw the explosives. Daryl quickly got Rick in a head lock. She got back to her feet quickly.

"Stop, stop!" Aiden screamed at the two, "the truck! The truck, you morons!"

"Daryl!" Rick yelled, the two men scrambled up.

"Get up!" Daryl yelled. The three ran and were all thrown on the ground when the truck exploded.

Aiden was the first to stand. "Idiots! Fucking idiots!" She screamed at the two. "How fuckin' stupid can you two dipshits be!?" She started to walk away.

"Where the hell ya going?" Daryl called after her.

"Back to Alexandria!" She bellowed. The two men could see that their fight and losing the guns pushed her to her limits. She had just lost Eric, someone she obviously loved. She lost Francine.

She climbed up the hill and started walking back towards Alexandria. She heard Daryl's motorcycle and she completely ignored him as he pulled up beside her.

"Aiden." She heard him.

"Fuck off, Daryl. I don't wanna speak to you." She growled.

"Get on, dumbass." He instructed her. She flipped him off and kept walking. "Get on." She rolled her eyes and climbed on the back of his bike.

The two made their way back to their home. The gate opened and Aiden saw Carl. She flung herself off the bike and made her way towards Carl. He ran towards her and threw his arms around her. Aiden sighed and wrapped her arms around him. Carl closed his eyes and clung to her.

"What the hell happened to you?" Carl asked her as they pulled away. He examined her face with his eye.

Aiden scoffed back a small chuckle, "a Savior gunned me down. Then she decided it would be best to beat my ass. But I got the upper hand," she stuck her tongue between her lips and grinned and made finger guns and aimed at the ground, "bang." She whispered as she shot her finger guns.

"Let's get you to the infirmary, Aid." Carl sighed. The two made their way to the infirmary and Aiden was patched up. The blood that coated most of her face was wiped clean. Her cut was bandaged.

"I lost the car." Aiden said to Carl. He only laughed.

________________________________

word count: 1,200
episodes: the big scary u & the king, the widow, and rick

and here's an edited chapter. it's a real short chapter actually.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh. pissed aiden. scary. damn, she told rick and daryl.

aiden and carl make me go 🥺😕💖💔. i love them and their relationship so much it physically hurts.

i'm still so excited for this book thought. it gets really, really good once season nine starts. yes. i already have the entire book typed and ready to be published.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 2.5K 54
❝ we are already suffering his damnation . ❞ this is it. this is the end. THE WALKING DEAD. season seven, season eight, season nine. book four of...
551K 17.2K 124
"As long as you're in it, Wills, I've got the world already." | *𝐔𝚸𝐃𝚨𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝚱* | Willow never thought she'd belong to a group u...
145K 4.1K 31
𝐜𝐚 • 𝐥𝐚𝐦 • 𝐢 • 𝐭𝐲 𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴; 𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳 �...
30.5K 1.2K 42
❝ they've written songs about her and her crooked heart . ❞ six years. it's been six goddamn years. THE WALKING DEAD. season nine, season ten. boo...