Maria Barba

By klausmikealson2001

I'm Maria Esperanza. Now Maria Barba, I'm the Sargent of SVU. And my husband is an ada. ~~~~I only own Maria... More

Ch.1
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.6
a/n

Ch.5

799 16 0
By klausmikealson2001

I walked into the station and everyone looked at me. It was my first day back at work since the kidnapping and I know all the looks everyone was giving me, they felt empathy, sympathy for me like I was a victim.

"Hey guys" I said smiling and sitting down at my desk.

"Hey Maria, how are you doing?" Fin asked

"I'm good, I saw all the looks you guys gave me. Like I was a victim.. I'm not a victim.. I'm a survivor" I said and everyone shared a look.

"We know you are" Rollins said and I smiled lightly. I buckled my badge on my waist next to my gun holster. I looked up and saw rafi walk in.

"Hey" I said. He smiled lightly and Came over to me. He kissed my head lightly as liv came over to all of us.

"Ok guys we have a case" she said as she set up the computer and hank Voight from intelligence popped up on the Skype call.

"Hey, so we have a serial rapist and trafficker here. We believe he's done some rapes in New York as well. We were hoping you could spare some detectives and the DA and send them to Chicago" hank said.

"That won't be a problem, I'll send my Sargent, a detective and ada Barba" liv said. Her and hank exchanged a few more words before she hung up.

"Well I'll book you, Barba and sonny a flight to Chicago" liv said pointing to the three of us and we nodded our head.

•••••

The three of us walked up the stows on the 21st district and to the front desk.

"Sargent platt. We're here to see Voight" I said to her. She looked up from her paperwork.

"I'll buzz you in" she said unamused. I didn't know a lot about platt but what I did know is you don't mess with her. I nodded my head and Carisi said thank you and the three of us headed to the gate.

Rafael opened the gate and let me and Carisi through and followed us as we walked up the stairs. We made it to the top of the stairs and all eyes were on us. I looked around and saw these detectives and hank office straight ahead.

"Ahh my New York friends" Voight said coming up to us and shaking our hands.

"Alright everyone. There are from Special Victims. This is Sargent Barba, detective Carisi and ada Barba." Voight introduced us.

"Come into my office and I'll get you up to speed" he said to us and we all walked into his office. He shut the door and sat down at his desk and crossed his arms.

"Domineer Callaway, hes 19 years old. He's been raping women around Chicago and some in New York and we just found out he's part of a sex trafficking ring as well" hank filled us in.

"Ok they will help you find him. May I ask why I'm here?" Rafi said.

"Since his last known address is Chicago we need you to prosecute him here. I asked you cause I've heard you were one of the best lawyers" hank said and rafi gave his signature smirk.

"Let's nail this guy" I said. We all walked out of his office and everyone introduced themselves to us.

"Alright, where was the last seen place of domineer?" I asked looking at the White board full of pictures.

"Downtown Chicago" Halstead replied.

"Have we checked security cameras, traffic cams?" I asked.

"Yes we have" Upton said

"What about checking if he has gotten on any planes, trains, buses" Carisi asked. I sat on an edge of a desk with my arms crossed.

"Hasn't gotten on any yet" Atwater said.

"Have you send his picture to NSCE (national strategy for child exploitation)?" I asked

"We have not yet" Halstead replied to my question.

"Then do it" I said.

"I like your sass" Atwater said and I smiled lightly as the phone rang.

"We got another one. Sargent, go with Halstead" Voight said and I nodded my head and walked over to Halstead.

••••

I knocked on the hospital door and walked in.

"Hey Carly. I'm Sargent Barba from special victims unit in New York. This is detective Halstead from intelligence" I introduced each of us to her.

"Is it ok if we ask a couple questions?" He asked and she nodded her head and sat up slightly in bed.

"Can you describe him for us?" I asked her.

"H-he was young.. like 19 or 20 young. He was very tall and h-he just attacked me out of no where and raped me" she said. Halstead phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out and looked at the text. He showed me the text.
"We got him" the text read.

I shared a quick glance with Halstead before going up to her and sitting next to her on her bed.

"Carly.. are you willing to testify" I asked her

"No! I can't testify. There is no way a jury will believe me" she said and tears fell down her cheeks.

"Carly, I've been doing this for a long time and I've been to trials like this. That man goes away for a very long time" I assured her. She looked at me and sniffled.

"Ok, I'll testify" she says and I nodded my head.

~~~~~

"We got him and we took down the ring. Intelligence and SVU make a pretty great team" Upton said as we were prepping for the trial.

"I guess we do" I said and laughed.

"Hey" Barba said coming up to me.

"Hey, nice tie" I said pointing to his colorful tie.

The rest of intelligence and Carisi walked over to us.

"You ready counselor?" Burgess asked.

"More than ready. I'll put him away for a long time" he said and turned to me.

"I gotta go but I'll see you after" he said and kissed my cheek as he passed by me. I blushed slightly and saw Ruzek dig out 20 dollars from his pocket and hand it to Atwater. I squinted my eyes looking at the two.

"We didn't know if you two were married, so me and Kev made a bet and I guess I lost" Ruzek said and I chuckled. We all walked in the court room and sat in the gallery as the trial began. The two lawyers gave their opening statements and the trial went underway.

"Ms Leeway, have you ever have rough sex before?" The defense lawyer asked Carly.

"No" she said

"So, would you say my Client was just having rough sex with you?" The lawyer asked.

"He raped more than one lady" Carly said.

"That wasn't the question Ms. Leeway" the lawyer said.

"No" she said.

"Do you think my client was just maybe experimenting rough sex with other women?" The lawyer asked

"Objection!" Rafi said standing up.

"Sustained" the judge said.

"Does my client look like a rapist?" The lawyer asked.

"Objection! Argumentative and ridiculous" Barba said shooting up from his chair.

"Sustained, the jury will disregard" the judge said.

"No further questions" the lawyer said and sat down.

"Ms. Leeway, what did the doctors say to you when they did the rape kit?" Rafi asked standing up.

"That the tearing was so bad that I won't be able to have kids on my own" Carly said.

"Why did you say no to the lawyer question about rough sex?" He asked

"Because I would never consent to rough sex" she said.

"Did you try to flirt with him or bring him in your house?" Barba asked

"No, he just attacked me out of no where" she said.

"Did you know he is also suspected of trafficking kids?" Barba asked

"Objection" the lawyer said

"Withdraw. No further questions" Barba said sitting down.

•••••
"Mr. Callaway, how old are you?" The lawyer asked

"19" domineer replied.

"Do you go to school?" The lawyer asked

"Yes" domineer replied.

"Would you say you had enough time with school to go out and do these rapes?" The lawyer asked

"Objection!" Barba said

"Sustained" the judge said.

"Are you a Virgin mr. Callaway?" The lawyer asked

"Yes I am. I am waiting until marriage" domineer responded.

"No further questions" the lawyer said and sat down.

"You said you were a Virgin?" Barba said standing up buttoning up his vest.

"Yes" he replied.

"Evidence 9-10" Barba said giving a paper to the judge and giving one to the suspect.

"Can you read your own Facebook tweet please" Barba said.

"I gave my virginity to that bitch" he read off the paper.

"So your not a Virgin. You know lying in court is a felony?" Barba said

"Objection" the lawyer said

"Overruled" the judge said.

"Yes I do" domineer said

"No further questions" Barba said and sat down.

"He is good" Burgess whispered to me before I was called to the stand.

•••••

"Sargent Barba, when you question the victim, what was her state?" Barba asked me.

"She was in shock and very frightened" I replied.

"What injuries did she sustained?" He asked me.

"Broken rips, broken nose, tearing, and severe Bruises" I replied.

"Thank you, no further questions" Barba said and sat down.

"Hello Sargent Barba" the lawyer said standing up.

"What is your relationship with counselor Barba?" The lawyer asked

"Objection" Barba said

"Overruled. Answer the question Sargent" the judge said

"He is my husband" I said.

"Interesting, so Sargent, was any seman found on the victim?" The lawyer asked

"No but he could-" I said but he cut me off.

"If there is no seman found on the body, is that a sign that he didn't rape her?" He asked

"No it's not. Rapist tend to clean up after themselves" I said

"If my client did these rapes and was holding a sex trafficking ring, how would he clean up after himself?" The lawyer said.

"Objection" Barba said

"Sustained" the judge said.

"Sargent Barba, you were recently kidnapped and assaulted, would you say your judgement is impaired now?" The lawyer asked

"Objection!" Barba said

"Withdrawn. No further questions" the lawyer said. I gave the lawyer a glare as he went to sit down. I looked at Barba and he had his lawyer face on, he had a plan.

"Re direct your honor?" Barba asked.

"I'll allow" she said. He stood up taking a sip of his water before coming up to me.

"Sargent Barba, how long have you been a detective?" Barba asked

"For about 10 years" I said.

"And how many times have you arrested the wrong person?" He asked.

"Once" I said.

"Thank you" Barba said.

•••••

"Have you reached a verdict?" The judge asked the jury.

"We have your honor. On the charge of rape in the first degree we find the defendant... guilty. On the account of sex trafficking and endangering the welfare of a child we find the defendant... guilty" the jury said and I felt happy and relieved for the victims.

•••••

I sat next to Barba as he drank his whiskey and I dranked vodka at a Chicago bar called Molly's that's run by Chicago firefighters.

"It's karaoke night. You should go sing" Barba said and I drank the last bit of vodka before getting up.

"It was a joke" he said but I kept walking towards the dj.

"Alright everyone, we have a New York detective here! Give it up for Sargent Barba" he said and everyone clapped. The music started playing and I started to sing(start song).

As I sang the song I kept my eyes on Barba and he gave me his little smile. I finished the song and everyone clapped but I just looked at Barba. I set the mic down and walked over to him and into his arms. I kissed him and pulled away.

"You never told you you could sing" he said

"You never asked" I said and leaned in close to him.

"You won the case. Let's get outta here and go back to the hotel" I said and started to walk to the door with him following me.

•••••

Sorry if it's a little stupid lol. I'll do a better chapter next

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 122 11
𝘓𝘪𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘐𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰�...
91.5K 1.9K 18
It's a normal day at the precinct, when a young girl came walking in. She was surely assaulted, she was bleeding, her clothes where ripped, and she w...
291 5 9
I love to write my characters in different careers, and different scenarios, so I thought I would dedicate a story to them, there will be more on the...