HACKED || A BTS Fanfic

By dawn-ing

[EDITING/ON HOLD] ❝What the- WHO ARE YOU?!❞ ❝Honestly, I have no idea❞ Notable rankings: #1 chatroom #9 btsx... More

Usernames
sneak peek
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
a/n
inquiry

twenty seven

6.6K 257 212
By dawn-ing

_______________________________

I can't believe I'm doing this.

After Taehyung convinced me to skip class, I immediately informed my professor that I had to leave because of an 'emergency'. Luckily, my creative writing professor is laid-back, so he just waved me off and gave me my assignment. If it were my literature professor, he would've made me stay longer for even thinking about leaving class.

Still, I really hate to skip class. This isn't my senior year of high school when I would skip class whenever I pleased, this is my future. I look back at the entrance, fidgeting with the strap of my bag.

maybe I should go back—

"Y/n?" a familiar and deep voice calls, catching my attention. I turn and see a smiling boy walking towards me.

wait a minute...

"Yejun?" I question and tilt my head, "what are you doing here?"

He chuckles lightly, now standing in front of me. "Well, I go here so.."

Embarrassed, my face heats up and I laugh awkwardly. "Sorry, it's just I've never seen you around here before."

He waves me off with a smile, "Don't worry, we only have one class together anyways."

"Really?" I question, "what class?"

"Literature," he grins, rubbing the back of his neck. "Professor Lee is so strict in that class, so I haven't gotten a chance to talk with you."

I frown and shift, pulling my bag up higher on my shoulder. "Still," I begin, "I feel bad for not noticing that you were there."

He laughs and kicks a pebble across the pavement, "It's fine, you seem to be in a different world in that class anyway. And besides, we have two different majors, so of course we're not gonna see each other." He shoves his hands in his jacket and sighs, "I'm only taking literature for my mom."

I glance at him for a moment before looking back down at my books. "So," I clear my throat, "what's your major?"

"I'm a sports major."

"A sports major?" I tilt my head and ask. Sports majors weren't really common at my university. You were either here to major in medical science, or you were an artsy rebel who just wanted a change. Me being the latter. Except I wasn't a rebel, I was a foreign girl who wanted to escape her hometown. "What do you play?"

"Basketball," he replies, still smiling. "You and Taylor should come watch me play sometime. I promise I'm not terrible," he finishes with a joke, laughing awkwardly.

I laugh at his nervousness and nod, "Yeah sure, I think I'd like that."

He smiles brightly, "Really?!" he shouts excitedly before dialing it down with a clear of his throat. "I mean yeah, cool. That's- That's cool." I chuckle at his flustered state, which causes him to grin widely, a dusting of pink spreading across his cheeks. "So," he starts, "what are you doing here? I've never seen you out here before."

"Oh," I say as the entire reason of why I was out here came rushing back. "I'm leaving early. A friend who I haven't seen in a while wanted to meet up."

"Damn Y/n," he elbows me gently with a sly expression, "didn't take you for a school skipper."

I roll my eyes and laugh along. "This is the only time I've ever skipped. I can promise you I won't be doing this again."

He pouts, "Even if Taylor and I wanted to skip class with you?"

I snort, "If it involves Taylor, I'm not going. I already have to deal with living with her." Yejun laughs loudly and opens his mouth to say more, but gets cut off by a car horn.

"Y/n!" I snap my head to the voice with a raised brow. A frowning Seokjin—who was of course wearing shades and a hat—sat in the driver's seat of his car and glared at the two of us. "Come on, let's go!"

"One second!" I yell back before turning back to Yejun. Smiling apologetically, I begin walking backward towards Seokjin's car. "Sorry Yejun, I've got to go before he blows."

He waves me off, "Don't worry about it. I'll see you tomorrow?"

I smile back at him, now opening the car door. "Definitely." He grins and nods, before beginning to walk back to the entrance. I slid into the car and closed the door, watching as Yejun glanced back before heading back into the school.

"Who was that you were talking to?" Seokjin asks bitterly, catching my attention.

"Oh, that's Yejun, the guy Taylor set me on a blind date with." I turn to him with a smile. Then, I raise my brow, "Why?"

He turns back to the road with a frown, pulling away from the curb. "He seems annoying."

•••

"We're here!" Seokjin shouts, closing the door after we entered their dorm. Footsteps boomed all throughout the place once Seokjin had finished his sentence. The first one to peek his head into the entrance was Taehyung.

He smiled his bright box-smile, "Y/n! You're finally here!" he exclaims, rushing over and engulfing me in a bear-hug, lifting me up off the ground. I laugh and smile back at him, before patting his back to put me down since he was practically breaking my ribs.

When he ignores my signals, Jin slaps his nape. "Put her down!" he fumes, "can't you see that you're crushing her?" Taehyung pouts before gently putting me down. Embarrassed, he apologizes, but I wave him off with a smile.

Soon after, Jimin and Hoseok enter the room, both wearing equally bright smiles. They come over to hug me as well, but Taehyung stands in front of them with his arms spread out. When they shoot him a confused and frustrated look, he shakes his head.

"I'm the one who convinced her to come, I'm the one who gets to spend time with her," he states smugly, almost as if he was bragging about it.

"What?!" Jin exclaims, scowling deeply at the younger male, "but I brought her here!"

"Yeah that's not fair!" Jimin fumes with a pout, "we want to hang out with her too!"

"You have no say in this," Taehyung replies almost instantly, "you snuck out and had your own little date with her."

Jimin sighs, "For the last time, it wasn't a date!"

"Was too!"

"Was not!"

"Well what about me?" Hoseok butts in with a frown, "I've barely gotten to spend any time with her at all!"

"I haven't either!" Jin fumes with him, but Hoseok just narrows his eyes at him.

"Don't complain, you drove her here."

I rolled my eyes at the four as they bickered back and forth. Interrupting their little tantrums, I began pushing Taehyung towards the hallway to our left. "Just take me to your theater already."

Taehyung smiles triumphantly, grabbing my wrist and pulling through the hallway, all while ignoring the other three's protests. I look back and send them an apologetic smile before getting whisked into what I assumed was the theater. The room was dark, so dark that I couldn't even make out Taehyung's face anymore.

"Taehyung?" I call out once he lets go of my wrist, leaving me stranded in what seemed like a dark abyss, "I can't see shit. Where are you?"

I hear him chuckle, "Over here," he replies just a few feet to the left of me. I extend my arms out as I began walking towards his voice, my hands landing on a hard, yet soft surface. Slightly confused, I patted the surface for a while, trying to figure out whatever it was, but Taehyung laughs, causing my head to snap up.

"What's so funny?" I question, slightly annoyed.

"Oh nothing," he clears his throat as I feel his hands grip onto my wrists, ripping my hands away from the unknown surface. "I just find it slightly amusing that you're completely unaware of the fact that you just groped my chest."

what?

My face immediately heats up and I rip my hands out of his grasp and cover my face. "Oh my god, I'm so so sorry," I sputter out, totally mortified by the situation. He giggles at my reaction before flicking a switch. I peek from my hands and see him smiling fondly at me.

"Stop it," he says with a laugh, removing my hands from my face and holding them in his own. "I'm not bothered by it. It felt kinda nice, actually."

"Ew, Taehyung no-"

"Yeah, you're right," he lets go of my hands and scratches his nape, clearly embarrassed. "That sounded really creepy and gross."

"Creepy and gross is quite the understatement," A voice interrupts us, catching us both off guard. We snap our heads to the direction it came and see Jungkook leaning against one of the corners with his arms crossed. He wore a look that could kill, but luckily for me, I wasn't the one it was directed towards. Instead, he glared at Taehyung, who just shot one back.

I tilt my head, "Jungkook?" I question as he began walking towards us, "when did you get here?"

"I've been here," he replies, still scowling at Taehyung. I mouthed an "oh" as the two continued to shoot daggers through their eyes. The three us stood in silence, making the tension in the air thicker. I so desperately wanted to run away from the situation, but I knew things would end up bad if I did. "Were you really not gonna let any of us hang out with her?" Jungkook questions, breaking the silence.

Taehyung narrows his eyes, "Watching movies was my idea, which doesn't include any of you. So yes, I was planning on it just being the two of us."

Jungkook scoffs, "Oh really? You sure you just didn't want to be alone with her so you could get in her-"

"HEY!" I interrupt, inserting myself between the two boys and slightly pushing them away from each other. "Let's pick a movie, alright?" I suggest, and their eyes soften as they look down at me. "How about we watch My Neighbor Totoro? I haven't watched that ever since I was a child, so..."

Taehyungs smiles at me, "Sounds good to me," he then averts his gaze to Jungkook, his eyes hardening. "Doesn't it?"

Jungkook shoots him the fakest smile I've ever seen before turning to me, "Sounds great, Y/n."

I smile weakly, "Great! That's great..." I trail off, expecting one of them to go and get the movie. When neither of them move, I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Guys... the movie?"

"I'll get it!" they both shout in unison, but Taehyung heads off to the side first, entering a room which I assumed contained both the projector and the movies. Jungkook clenches his jaw and fist in anger as he glares at the separate room's doorway.

I rushed over to him and grabbed his arm, pulling him towards the middle row of the abundance of seats. "Let's pick our seats while he gets the movie started, okay?" I say with the brightest smile I could muster. The tension in his shoulders falter as he smiles back at me, nodding. After he calms down, I take a seat just a little bit to the left of the middle. Jungkook follows, beginning to sit down in the seat to the right to me, but I stop him. "Let's save that seat for Taehyung."

He furrows his brows, "What? Why?"

I purse my lips, "He did plan this, so let's let him have the middle seat."

Jungkook pouts, "But... I wanted to sit by you."

"Jungkook-"

"The movie's starting!" Taehyung shouts, tumbling in with three bags of popcorn as the lights began to dim. He hands us our popcorn before taking the seat beside me, much to Jungkook's dismay. The younger male glared at the clueless boy, who was happily munching on his popcorn. I mouthed a "please" to Jungkook, practically begging him to not fight. He stood for a long moment, still glaring at Taehyung, but eventually complied as he sat down with a sigh. I smiled at him before turning back to the movie.

•••

I happily chomped down on my popcorn, now halfway through the movie.  The boys, surprisingly, were well behaved as they were just as engrossed in the movie as I was.  Well, Taehyung was, it seemed as if Jungkook was trying his hardest to keep his eyes open.  I smiled at the two for a second, before turning my attention back to the movie.  My attention on the movie didn't last long when I felt something lie on my shoulder.  I glanced to see what it was and see that it was Taehyung, resting his head on my shoulder.  Noticing my gaze, Taehyung lifts his head and looks at me with doe eyes.

"Is this okay?" he asks, staring up at me innocently.

My cheeks warm and I nod.  "S-Sure," I reply, mentally scolding myself for stuttering.  He smiles widely, setting his head back down on my shoulder and sighing contently.  I smile at him, stealing a glance a Jungkook for a second, though I wish I didn't.  Because now he was wide awake, and was burning holes into the side of a clueless Taehyung's face.  I sank into my seat as the atmosphere became tense again. 

someone, please get me out of this mess.

Suddenly, I hear the theater door creep open.  I turn and look back at the door to see if anyone had come in.  When I see that no one was there, I turn back to the boys and see that neither of them were dazed by the sound.  Furrowing my brows, I turn to look again, but I'm met with a grinning Hoseok who's face was just inches away from mine.  I shriek and jump back, startling both Taehyung and Jungkook.  Hoseok, on the other hand, sat in the seat beside mine, laughing uncontrollably. 

I clutch my chest and scowled at the boy, "What the hell, Hoseok?!"

Hoseok tries to catch his breath, smiling wildly at my reaction.  "That little shriek was the cutest thing I have ever heard."  I flush at his comment, not noticing the death glares coming from behind me.

"Hyung," Taehyung growls, "I thought I said none of you were invited."

Hoseok's smile fades as he raises an eyebrow, "I know, but clearly, your rules don't apply to everyone," he says, motioning towards the maknae.  "I figured I could sneak in if you let him stay."

Taehyung scowls at his hyung, "He wasn't supposed to be here either."

Jungkook scoffs at Taehyungs remark, "Not my fault Y/n wanted me to stay.

Hoseok's interest piqued and a smile crept onto his face.  "Y/n, you say?" he says, turning to me with a grin.  "Well, Y/n, do you mind if I stay?" he questions, slightly tilting his head and I hear Taehyung scoff.  Then, Hoseok smirks, looking directly at Taehyung.  "Or," he looks back at me, "do you wanna ditch this place and get some ice cream with me?"

My eyebrows jump at his suggestion and I had to try my hardest to keep myself from smiling like a dork.  I mean, could you blame me, he was bribing me with ice cream.  Plus, if I didn't get away from the two angry maknaes, I have a feeling that either one of them would start throwing hands.

I turn to Taehyung with an apologetic smile, "Maybe we should cancel the rest of movie night," I say, and Taehyung's frown is replaced with a pout.  "It's getting late anyway."

Taehyung's eyes fill with hurt, and I immediately regret what I had said.  "B-But, I wanted to spend more time with you."

"I'm sorry..." I reply, standing with Hoseok as he began to make his way to the exit.  "We could always try again.  You could even come to my place."  I turn to follow Hoseok, but Taehyung grabs my wrist, whipping me around to face him.  He wore a frown and his face was so close to mine that I could feel his hot breath hit my cheeks.

"No," he says sternly, "this can't wait."

"Taehyung, what the hell?" Jungkook snapped from behind him, as I stared at Taehyung with wide eyes, "get off her!" 

Hoseok stepped away from the door and rushed over to my side.  He places a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, "Taehyung, she's already made her decision.  Just let it go."  But Taehyung doesn't budge.  He only tightens his grip on my wrist, his eyes filled with desperation.

"Please," he begs, "just listen to me."  Jungkook's scowl deepens as he starts to walk up to rip Taehyung away from me, but I stop him.

I shook my head, "Let him say what he needs to say."

Jungkook clenches his jaw, and I was afraid that he was gonna put up a fight again.  Instead, he sighs and nods, but he still glares at Taehyung.  "Fine," he starts, "but whatever he has to say, he can say in front of us," he finishes, and Hoseok nods.

I smile at him before turning back to Taehyung, "Go on."

The tension in Taehyung's shoulders fade, and if I was seeing things correctly, his ears began to turn bright red.  "I've been meaning to tell you this for a while now, and tonight was supposed to be the night I got it off my chest," he informs, and the other two boys' eyes widen.

Suddenly nervous from the way the other two reacted, I stare at Taehyung uneasily.  "Okay?  What do you need to tell me?"

He bites his bottom lip and releases a shaky breath, "Y/n, I can't keep pretending that I just want to be your friend."

I furrow my brows and tilt my head in confusion, catching a glimpse of a devastated Jungkook.  "What do you mean?"

"Y/n..." Taehyung starts, reaching up and cupping my face.  "I like you.  I like you a lot."

✎▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

oh god it's finally done. AND WE'RE FINALLY MAKING PROGRESS. the real question is, how will Y/n react? how will the rest of the boys react? find out next month !!

I'm joking. a lot of you are upset with my slow updates, so I've made a schedule that I'm gonna try to stick to. some things may come up, but from now on, HACKED will be updated every Saturday.

also, I've recently been asked if I wanted to participate in a Kpop fanfic awards. before I decided on anything, I wanted to get your opinion on entering HACKED. I'm fairly new to this, so I appreciate any advice you have for me. should I submit HACKED? and if so, will it be okay if I tag any of you? I have to tag 5 people in order to enter HACKED.

anyway, thanks for all the love and support and, most importantly, your patience. I'll try my very best to stick to the new schedule !!

+ what's your favorite Studio Ghibli movie? mine's Princess Mononoke :)

unedited

~ dawn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446K 15.5K 85
ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ : ɪᴍ ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ : ɪᴍ ɢᴀʏ | sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀs |
56.3K 1.7K 23
"Why can't I be happy?" "You can be happy with me...y/n...I'll protect you....if you stay with me." Ranking: Hoseokxreader: 6 Comedy-drama: 15
54.1K 1.4K 37
ʏ/ɴ ɪs ᴀ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ ɢᴜʀʟ ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ ʟɪғᴇ. ʙᴜᴛ.... ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʜᴇʀ. ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛ ғᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴅᴜʜ. sʜᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴅᴇ...
62.9K 1.8K 23
─𝒚𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒎𝒊𝒏 𝘦𝘹-𝘩𝘶𝘴𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘫𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰�...