By The Beach ✔

Por ashleyforesterbooks

Sunny skies, luxurious hotel rooms, and nice beaches. Welcome to Florida. College student Lily is in for the... Mais

INFORMATION:
REVIEWS+OTHER BOOKS TO CHECK OUT:
Cast + New Trailer:
Aesthetics:
A/N: First Place Winner of the Spotlights Awards!
Soundtrack:
🏖️ Florida Heat⬇️✔️ Complete
Part 2. All Dressed Up
Part 3. Doug's Friends
Deleted Scene #1: Rewrite the Stars
Part 4. Beachin'
Part 5. Wipe Out
Deleted Scene #2: Surf-Off
Part 6. Hard Rock
Part 7. Burgers and Beer
Part 8. Girl Power
Part 9. Night Out
Part 10. Ditched
Part 11. Not a Dream
Part 12. Tricked
Part 13. Am I Ready?
Part 14. Date
Part 15. Volleyball Anyone?
Part 16. Pontoon
Part 17. Exes and Summer Flings
Part 18. Hope
Part 19. Falling In, Again
Part 20. Cops
Part 21. You and Me
Part 22. Snopping Cousin
Part 23. Findings
Part 24. Victoria's Not-So-Secret
Part 25. Kiss Me
Part 26. Not a Novel
Part 27. Surfing Contest
Part 28. And the Winners Are ...
Part 29. Doubt in my Mind
Part 30. Heartbreak Hotel
Part 31. Just Perfect
Part 32. Talking
Part 33. Old and New
Part 34. Endings are Tough
EPILOGUE:
One year!!!
A/N: Covid

Part 1. The Sunshine State

4.5K 77 10
Por ashleyforesterbooks

"I don't care if anyone bribes you, tempts you, and makes out with you for the information -" I got out of the bluish-gray Jeep Liberty and pointed to my head as I looked at Dinah " - No one is to be told about how this lump formed" I warned her as she got out of the car herself.

My brunette cousin looked at me with a lifted eyebrow and put her hands on her hips. "You fell in the parking lot. People do it all the time" she told me as we made our way toward the back of the vehicle.

"Yeah, maybe on their butt. Not on their head." She opened the hatch to her Jeep and we got out our luggage, three bags for me, five for her.

Her peach-colored fingernails wrapped around the hatch hook and shut it as I started off toward the hotel.

"Fuck, Lily. Slow down, I got more to tote than you do" Dinah complained, making me stop in the middle of the road and look back at her.

"You shouldn't have brought so much stuff."

"I need to look fashionable-" I raised an eyebrow at her choice of baggy men's shirt and short shorts "- okay, right now I'm comfortable, not fashionable" she told me as I rolled my eyes.

"Let's just get to the hotel room and settle in already" I told her as we walked toward the hotel doors, I held one open for her as she struggled inside with her five bags and let them fall to the ground causing everyone to look at us.

I put my hand to my head in embarrassment as she waved a hand at them "Nothing to see here, go on with your lives" Dinah told them, surprisingly everyone went back to walking or doing their thing.

The Miami Resort Hotel was as charming as The Plaza. There were two entrances, an electric door, and a spinning glass door. It had ten floors and had a spa inside as well as a bar. I was excited to stay at a luxury hotel this time and not a small one, some are nice but some we stayed at were awful- even Doug wouldn't have approved of them.

We approached the desk counter where a woman with a blonde ponytail was scanning through previous check-ins.

Dinah grinned and said, "Hi, we have room for Dinah Patton," then grabbed her dad's credit card out of her wallet to pay. Which made me hide a chuckle as the female adult took the credit card from her and performed a name search on the computer. "This place is fabulous" Dinah admired as she leaned against the counter.

I peeked towards a waiting area, then up at the ceiling, surprised by how exceptional a hotel could be.

Usually, Dinah and I rested in the cheapest places, so we could spend more money. It surprised me she went for something fancy this time.

There was a waterfall-like fountain connecting the lobby and the hall that led to the elevators, real plants were in every corner, there were leather couches in the waiting area and magazines on a magazine rack. Guests walked to the smaller cafe to have coffee and muffins while employees walked by to get ready for the day.

It was great.

The woman gave the card back to Dinah, "Your room is ready. I only need your signature, Ms. Patton. And then you girls can head up to your room, " she said, smiling at us as she printed a receipt and had Dinah sign it. She gave me a card that would act as the door key and signaled for someone to carry our bags up for us. Dinah handed back the receipt and she was handed her room key.

As we walked away from the desk, she wrapped her arm around mine. "So there you have it. I propose that we check out the place, then go to the bar in search of a cute guy or two "she said, a grin on her face. As we followed the guy carrying our luggage down a corridor of elevators, I rolled my eyes at her and whistled in admiration as we walked down to them.

While Dinah pressed the elevator button, I took a look around. While I looked around us at the wondrous designs and shook my head.

The walls were adorned with beautiful artwork. The hotel's value drew me back, as did the exquisite designs on the walls, which were a gleaming golden color. Near the elevators, paintings of beaches, sunsets, and birds hung on the walls. It was fitting for the theme they were presenting to tourists.

We walked into the right-hand elevator, which had just opened. As she moved floor number six, I turned to Dinah. As the elevator rose, I clung to the rails.

"So, have you and Will called it quits? Or are you really going to rekindle your relationship after your vacation?" As the floor number hit four, Dinah eventually brought up the topic of my ex-boyfriend.

My thanks to you, Dinah; I was just trying to think about Will while on this trip, I thought sarcastically. The doors swooped to the side, and we marched out of the elevator, thinking sarcastically about the phone call. As we counted room numbers to find ours, I crossed my arms.

"No, Will is no longer in my life "As I neared room 701, she gave me a look that said she didn't believe me, and I shrugged.

"I am. It was the last time he cheated on me. Twice in a two-year period? I really want to relax and forget about him during our trip. No man-whore is worthy of my time." Dinah just looked at me as I focused on the door numbers; I heard her sigh and saw her look at the door numbers.

Will had been my boyfriend since tenth grade, we went to college in New York together, and last year I found him cheating on me with a girl; we broke up for a bit, then he apologized. I couldn't forget what had happened, so I took him back against my best judgment. Just to discover that he lied again a few months ago; you can see where this is headed. I broke up with him for good, and Dinah doesn't think it would last. Only, this time it will stick because I want to enjoy the vacation. Not cry and curl up with a bucket of Blue Bell Ice Cream.

Two months ago, I already had the breakdown. I did not want another one.

"Found it!" Dinah yelled as she strode up to room 713, she slid in her card, that the woman had passed her, and swung open the door. We walked in and dropped our cards on the low side table before standing side by side and checking out the room.

"Wow." We said in sync.

The carpet had been blackened, and a gold rug was placed between two queen-sized beds, one of which carried a black comforter with a gold swirl pattern on it. Over each bed was a beach scene, one with chairs and an umbrella painted on it and the other with birds painted on it. Under the glass was a white window seat with clear dark blue curtains.

A dresser sat under a TV hung on the wall, with a remote and radio on top. Beside the dresser was a mini-fridge, which Dinah went straight to hoping for drinks.

"Holy crap! Gold mine!"

I turned and realized Dinah was holding wine. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow toward my cousin, "Only you could locate the wine faster than the restroom." She smiled while I rolled my eyes.

Dinah searched for a wine glass while I proceeded to a door on our right and found the bathroom. It was light blue themed with birds decorating the walls. A basic toilet, deep sink with sufficient room to hold both of our toiletries. Also, a tub sat on its own while a corner shower with a blue curtain sat in the far back corner.

"Okay. I approve," I stated, coming out of the bathroom to notice my cousin resting on the bed near the door with a wine glass already in her hand. The guy was already gone and our luggage (two bags apiece) sat on our beds. I crossed my arms "But, what is the special event for a fancy hotel?"

Dinah laughed, "Why should there be a special occasion? I wanted us to have a good time this time around," she said as she sipped her glass of wine before placing it on the side table. She got up and stretched her arms.

"Let's go find some food, I am starved" She yawned, and I rolled my eyes as we walked towards the door. We closed the door behind us and stopped to stare at each other.

"Please tell me you grabbed a key card," we both said in sync as we faced the other and turned to gaze at the hotel door.

I grabbed Dinah's shoulder. "Dinah, stop, we can get somebody to let us in", I told her, precisely as an alarm went off. I held my hands to my ears as others began coming out of their rooms to see what was going on.

The elderly couple who were watching outside their room started laughing when Dinah told them we had forgotten our keys.

She waves her hand, "Don't worry about it, sweetie. It goes on all the time," she told us as they closed the door and an employee came moving down the hall to shut off the alarm and help us back into our room.

That wasn't embarrassing at all.

(How does Everyone like the First Chapter of T.F.H  so far? Let me know in the comments! I will update it on Wednesdays, Sundays, and Fridays. <3 -Love, Lee. Edited on 1/14/21)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

441K 14.9K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...
149K 5.8K 30
Riley Olson has moved approximately 17 times in her life, and this summer will bring Move Number 18. After she decides to drops out of college, her p...
30.1K 2K 33
Paradise awaits or so they thought. When the Bradford's boarded the plane for their tropical paradise they assumed the next two months would be all f...