Hourglass Cubed

By MeganCSmith512

Authors K.S. Smith and Megan C. Smith Cover reveal on 1/29/15. Love him, or loathe him — there is no denying... More

About the Book and Authors
Chapter 2

Chapter One

486 1 2
By MeganCSmith512

CHAPTER ONE

Luke

Everyone wanted to make me the bad guy. The Villain. But really, who could blame me for what I’d done? What red-blooded man wouldn’t have pursued two amazing women? I wanted to think I’d just been misunderstood, because truly, at first, I hadn’t intended on playing Brooke and Savannah. It had just kind of happened, and then kept happening, and soon I hadn’t known how to even begin to stop it. And really, look at them. They’d married twins, two men who looked the same, yet had different personalities. Different traits. Was that so different from what I’d done? The reverse, maybe. Because, while they’d wanted one man to be two different people, I’d just wanted two personalities to make one woman.

I was the man who caught every woman’s eye — hell, even the men’s some days. I ran in an elite social circle and sat up in my office at Nike, quite comfortable, as I considered the desires of the people shopping our products. That was my skillset, knowing what people desired and occasionally giving it to them. That’s what had gotten me into the shit with the girls. Each one had wanted me. I’d known it, could read them like a book, and so I’d exploited them until it had come back and bitten me in the ass. How was I supposed to resist two amazingly beautiful women throwing themselves at me? What straight man would?

I had to admit, though, the annual Hourglass Auction night, not my finest moment…

As I stood there on the literal chopping block, my balls in a vise grip, I knew I was in trouble. Savannah was my first clue, the gleam in her eyes searing through me as I stood onstage beside Monica. I knew she was up to something. She’d been too coy, too touchy before I’d gotten sent backstage. My brain was on red alert; unfortunately for me, all the blood had rushed to my other head, and it had won the battle.

As the girls moved closer, I knew that I was in for it; they were too close, and while at first they seemed like they might just start a catfight right there in the ballroom, it was obvious I was busted. Finished. That was the massacre of Lucas Wellington. When Brooke smiled at Savannah, I knew they had figured it out. Like a game of Clue, they’d dumped out the little manila folder to unveil the mystery: Lucas Wellington, in the Nike office, with a condom.

Waiting in the hotel room was probably worse than standing on that stage. At least onstage, I had witnesses to my murder, because the look in both their eyes once they announced they’d split the cost because I had been bouncing between both of them was pure murderous rage. By the time they strutted out, my face burned from Brooke’s slaps, my nose poured blood from Savannah, and my pockets? Fifty-thousand dollars emptier.

Yeah, lesson learned: don’t mess with best friends.

But yet, as I dealt with the loss of both women, I found myself missing them both equally, wanting more. I had turned into a sissy, and I wasn’t sure how I felt about it as I attempted to pick up women, but found them lacking. The real kicker happened today...

I stood outside the bar, watching Jake Worthington get down on one knee and propose to Savannah. My heart clenched in my chest as I’d become the onlooker, watching a man get half of what I wanted. I searched out the other half to the pair, knowing she would be close by as her best friend got engaged.

Sure enough, Brooke bounded up to Savannah and wrapped her delicate arms around her, then tilted back to flash her something. I squinted to see better. It took no time for my brain to piece it together; it was her left hand, and Savannah took hold of it, her smile growing as she obviously realized her best friend was also engaged.

This may come off a bit pompous, but maybe there wasn’t a woman who could fill my needs both in life and in the sheets. At least, that was what I thought until she ran me over on her way out the door. Like I was invisible. I, Lucas Wellington, was not invisible.

I stepped inside, drawn to my final deathbed. I wanted to see the girls up close, see if they were really happy with these fruitcakes they’d found. As they all come toward me, a force to be reckoned with, smiling and laughing, intertwined with their men, I knew any hope of them swooning at me was a lost cause. I offered my congratulations and my long overdue apology, having realized it was time. Probably past time, but that was neither here nor there. Next thing I knew, my body was twisted and my shoulder thrown back, as I’d been trampled by a woman on a mission.

Twisting my neck to strain and look at her, all I could see was a tiny waist that curved back out to a beautiful plump rear end, all being hugged by a tight dress sashaying out of the bar. Her dangerously high heels screamed for a man to look, stare.

The girls’ laughter broke my gaze from her and turned it back to them. They were right; it looked like I had found my match. That woman, whoever she was, had paid me no mind. She hadn’t even seen me, and that just didn’t happen. Quickly, I said my goodbyes to Brooke and Savannah, wishing them well before hightailing it out of there and after the vixen who’d just run me over.

***

“Excuse me, ma’am!” I called out, nearly catching up to her.

She spun around so fast I stepped backward out of instinct and defense. I’d been slapped one too many times as of late, and I had no idea what she’d have in store for me.

“Can I help you?” she snarled.

But even with an expression screaming for me to go away, I couldn’t. She was gorgeous, and I wanted her beneath me, tonight. Her long black hair against her olive-tanned skin was like a siren to my body. Her bright red, glossy lips looked like cherries, and I couldn’t help but wonder if they’d taste the same. The dress — man, the dress — hugged every single curve, accentuating every delectable piece of her body, and I just wanted to peel her out of it.

“I thought you were in trouble, you know, after running me over back there.” I tilted my head back toward the bar, letting a smirk take over my face.

“Well, what idiot stands in front of a doorway, seriously? You were in my way, and now you are stalking me. You need a life,” she shot back, crossing her arms over her chest, making her breast scream for attention I was more than willing to give.

“I was congratulating my friends. They just got engaged. I’m a softy for romance.” I gave her my signature wink as I took a step toward her, running my hand through my hair.

Her red lips shook as she fought back a laugh that burst from her; it was like music to my ears and made my body heighten with awareness of her every move.

“Please! You think I’m an idiot, but I know exactly who you are, Lucas Wellington. Those women are not your friends. You played them like fiddles, and it blew up in your face like dynamite at the Hourglass Auction. I was there. I witnessed the travesty that was Lucas Wellington as your empire came crashing down.”

“Oh, honey, I can assure you my empire is still standing firm. And judging by the fact you know who I am, I’ll even venture a guess that you knew exactly who I was as you ran me over, and you even wanted me to chase you.” Sticking my arm in the air, I hailed a cab. One immediately pulled up, ready to whisk us away. Opening the door, I waved my other hand to escort her into the waiting vehicle. “Now let’s stop playing coy and go get to know each other a bit better.”

A beautiful smile lit up her face, her red lips contrasting against her bright white teeth. “Oh honey,” she mocked, “there isn’t a chance in hell.” After ducking into the cab, she snatched the door out of my grasp and slammed it closed.

The cab took off, and I was left standing there on the street as the amber glow of the taillights faded into the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.5K 2.8K 19
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
153K 6.1K 34
ထူးခြားထက် (Seme) ရွှေပုံ( Uke) Uke softဖြစ်တဲ့အပြင် intersex (ဒွိလိင်) ဖြစ်တာမို့ ကြိုက်မှဖတ်ကြပါနော် ကိုယ်ရဲ့ဒုတိယမြှောက်ficမို့ အမှားပါရင်ခွင့်လွှ...
86.2K 249 4
You and your husband decide to invite his friends over for the super bowl, but things take a wildly hot turn towards the end of the night
156K 7.7K 16
ABHIMANYU RATHORE is 28 years old. He belongs to Royal family. He is the oldest son in Rathore family. He is the CEO of Rathore Enterprise. He is the...