Small Talk (Niall Horan)

By criselr

Niall Horan has taken a keen interest on Twitter and Instagram during his time off. During one of his live se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 7

33.4K 762 2.2K
By criselr

Two and a half hours later I was already back home, my friends and I had a lovely lunch which turned into an afternoon together. And in all of the time that we were together, not once did I screw up and told them about Niall and I talking. I was so proud of myself. Now I was just waiting for Niall to call me. Concerts usually last about an hour and a half or two hours, but then he had to go back to the hotel I suppose, so he'd call me any minute now. 

My phone vibrated in my pocket, but it only did it once, which meant that it was a text. I took it out and read.

N: I'm on my way to the hotel, can I call you in about 10 minutes? 

S: Yeah, of course! How was the show?

N: It was great, I have so much to tell you!

S: I'm so glad!

10 minutes after, not a minute more, not a minute less, my iPhone started ringing, it was Niall, I loved how he always did what he told me he'd do!

"Hi Soph, the concert was amazing! I'm so happy!" A grinning Niall greeted me.

"I'm so so happy for you Niall! I can't wait for you to play here, I know it's like 9 months away, but still."

"Yes, I can't wait to go to Monterrey either."

"So, tell me about the show? Did you carry out my ideas?"

"Yes, the fans were really surprised! They loved them! They were so excited and couldn't stop screaming."

"And which one did you like the most?"

"My favorite one was when they got to chose the songs that I was going to play next. They chose One Direction of course." He laughed, and I could see his eyes sparkling with joy when he did.

"I figured." I laughed as well, because we'll never stop being directioners at heart, that's why I secretly suggested that he did that. We needed something to keep the directioners going strong. "So which ones did you end up playing?"

"They asked me to play Little Things."

"Of course, that's a must." I interrupted.

"Definitely, then I also played Over Again and Fool's Gold." 

"That's so awesome. But wait, you did say 'You Sing' while singing Little Things right? Because that's iconic."

"'Course I did, I knew that would make the fans go crazy. And it did."

"Phew, I'm glad you played it. Can't wait for all the tiktoks and youtube videos."

"Oh so you stalk me and watch tiktoks of me?" He raised his eyebrows at me. 

"My for you page is full of One Direction fyi, so it's not like I stalk you, it's more like tiktok is making me watch videos of you."

"Yeah, sure, sure, whatever you say Soph." I mean, I did upload One Direction videos on my tiktok account, and two of them had gone viral, should I tell him? You know what? What the heck, I'll tell him, that'll make him laugh.

"You know, I don't even know why I'm telling you this. But I uploaded some tiktoks of you guys, and some of them went viral. The viewers didn't want to see me do the Renegade. I know, it's a shocker to me as well, don't comment anything about it. They wanted to see you guys, so I kind of continued uploading videos of you." I admitted and I could see Niall smiling through his phone.

"Really? Can I watch them?"

"Of course, but you have to like the videos. Or I won't give you my username."

"Of course, of course. Now give me that username, I've got to see them."

"It's the same as my instagram handle." I admitted.

"Okay, let me look for them." He spoke as I could see him reach for his iPad and start typing away. "Yes! I found it!" He yelled triumphantly after a few seconds. "Wow, you have a lot of likes."

"Yeah, it's mostly from two videos, one's of Harry and one's of you." I admitted embarrassed. I could hear the sound playing in the background. "Which one are you playing?"

"Mine of course."

"Well, well, well. Cocky much?"

"You looked so young here." He finally spoke after he finished watching the 15 second video for the second time.

"Yeah, I mean, it was 8 years ago. You look pretty young as well. You're the one that has changed the most, Mr. I'm now a brunette" I playfully stated.

"Yes, we've both changed a lot. But wait, do you still have the picture that you took with us in the meet and greet? I want to see it."

"'Course I do. It was really expensive!" I exclaimed.

"Send it, send it." He squealed like a little child while jumping up and down in his hotel bed. 

"I'm going, I'm going." I told him as I looked through my camera roll. Finding it after only a few seconds. "Here you go." I spoke as I sent him the photo. "But don't laugh at me." I continued.

"Hey, we're next to each other!" He exclaimed as he studied the photo. I loved how he didn't say 'you're next to me' and said next to each other, which meant that he considered me an equal, and not like he was superior or something. He was so down to earth.

"Yeah we are!" I exclaimed back smiling at him. 

~2 months later ~ *They first started talking at the beginning of March, which means that it's now May.*

Niall and I talked every day, there wasn't a single day in which we didn't talk. Yes, there were some days where we didn't talk a lot, but we'd still text each other at least good morning and good night. I understood that he was quite busy with the tour and everything, and I really appreciated that he took the time everyday to at least text me. We've become such close friends now, even though we haven't properly met in person, those 30 seconds back in 2012 don't count of course, I still feel like we're very close and that I can trust him completely. Whenever I have a problem I always confide in him and he's always there for me, and the same goes for me. I just love our friendship, it's great. I was just minding my own business, 'working' in my house when my phone started ringing, I immediately though that it was Niall, because let's be honest, I'm not a social butterfly, but it wasn't. It was my friend Hannah, hmm, that was weird, we almost never spoke on the phone.

"Hi Han. How are you?"

"Hii Sophie, I'm doing great how about you?" She was the only one that was allowed to call me Sophie by the way.

"Me too. So what's up?"

"Well, I was calling to know if you were going to the event in LA in June?" Oh so that's why she was calling me. Every now and then the trading community organized events all across United States, for us to get together, share our strategies and stuff like that. The first one I went to was in Chicago, last year. My parents were reluctant to let me go, but ultimately my dad came with me, he told me that he needed to visit some suppliers in the area so it worked out perfect. That's where I met Hannah, Katie and Maddie, my trader friends and I made them meet my dad, so he'd let me go to future events with them. Which he did, because I've been to Los Angeles and Las Vegas in these previous months to go to two more events. I hadn't heard about this event yet, but Hannah would fill me in on the details. 

"I haven't heard about it yet, so tell me please." I told her.

"Yeah, well, they just announced it today." I knew I wasn't so absent minded, of course it had just been announced, and Hannah being Hannah was the first one to find out. "It's taking place the 1st and 2nd of June. It'll be at the same hotel as last time. So I was wondering if you'd want to be roommates and get our bookings sorted before the hotel fills up. I'm planning on arriving the 31st and leaving the 3rd. How does that sound?"

"Yes, that sounds perfect. So you'll book the hotel?"

"Yeah, I'll let you know when the reservation is done so you can have the deets."

"Thanks Han, see you in a month!"

"Yay! can't wait."

"Me neither, bye!"

"Bye!"

Just as I hit end it hit me. What if Niall was in LA during that time? Could we meet? Holy shit. I checked the time and it was still pretty early, which meant he was probably still at his hotel. I decided to call him right them and there. After about 5 rings he finally answered.

"Hi Soph, how are you?"

"I'm pretty good, and you?"

"Yeah me too. Just chillin here in me hotel." He spoke with his thick Irish accent. And he was indeed chilling, I could see that he was laying in bed, like he was most of the times we spoke.

"So, my friend Hannah just called me and there's going to be a traders event in LA next month." I spoke, not wanting to ask if he wanted to meet up, because what if he said no? I would be mortified.

"Oh my god really? Which dates?" He asked me excitedly.

"The first and second of June." I spoke nervously as I twirled my hair, it was a nervous tic that I had.

"Wait, wait, seriously?" He grinned at me.

"Yeah!"

"We could meet up!" He exclaimed. " I have a month long break starting the 20th of may, and I'm going to go to London for 2 weeks to visit my family and then back to LA on the 3rd! It's perfect!" I was so relieved that he was the one who mentioned that we should meet up first, I just wanted to make sure that he wanted to speak to me and actually meet me. Apparently speaking every day for the past two months and the countless times he said he wanted to meet up weren't clear enough for me.

"Yes! It would be perfect! I haven't booked my flights or anything because I just found out today, and as soon as I did I called you to tell you the good news and ask if you were going to be in LA. It's great that you're going to be there!"

"I know, I've been looking forward to meet you in person for so long! How many days do you think you could stay?"

"I think my parents would let me stay for 2 and a half weeks. I still have to ask for permission, but I think they'll let me. I'll tell them that half a week is for the event and then that me and my friends would like to stay in the area for another two weeks just sightseeing and stuff. "

"Yes! Please stay two weeks or more if you can, it would be great!"

"I know. Let me just sort everything out and I'll get back to you! I just have to prepare the lie that I'm going to tell them. I just can't be like hey I'm staying in LA for two more weeks to meet with a guy I've been talking to, no we haven't met or anything fyi. Even if it's you, they wouldn't let me so I have to play it smart."

"Yeah, I totally understand. I'd freak out too if my daughter asked me that." He chuckled. "Oh and by the way, you can stay at my place if you want. I know it's weird that we haven't met or anything in person, but I feel like I can trust you and you're now one of my closest friends. I promise I'm not a kidnapper or anything, so if you want to stay in my house, you're more than welcome. It's pretty spacious, it would be like having your own hotel room, I promise."

"Really? Thank you! That would be great! I'll take you up on that offer. Let me go ask my parents for permission and I'll call you back."

After talking to my parents and convincing them all afternoon, they finally agreed. They even let me stay for 3 whole weeks! This was going to be so awesome, I was finally going to see Niall in person. 

S: They said yes!!!! And they agreed to let me stay for 3 weeks!

N: Yes!!! That's awesome, can't wait to see you!! We'll have an amazing time.

Holy fucking shit, I was going to meet Niall in person, I was finally going to meet my newest closest friend!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? Sorry for the long chapter. They'll meet each other sooner than expected!  I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 13.9K 66
'The arena was huge. I mean, I knew this girl was famous, but this is as big as the stadiums I would play in during my One Direction days, and those...
443K 18.3K 34
Louis could feel Harry behind him, the hot breath on his neck and the soft hands upon his waist. "You know I do more than tutor, don't you?" Harry w...
5.3K 229 24
4 girls tricked by a fake Harry Styles kik account and a new friendship that stars between these 4 girls! After a while there dreams come true includ...
1.3M 29.5K 100
How you gonna say that? Take it all back. Fuckin' with my head will make my heart attack. - When Jasey Foster agrees to join her father, owner of Fos...