InaDan: Flower of Courage

By EinAr_17

"Hey, are you okay?" "Yeah, no... I don't know. I'm... confused." "Don't worry, me too. My name's Gouenji Kim... More

Prologue: Evangeline Mech
Prologue: Gouenji Kimiko
Side: DanSenW
Side: IEGO CS
First Team Up
The Lake Beyond Space-Time
Non-Existent Memories
Bonding Through Hobbies
Let's Walk Together
The Girl They Saved
Conflict
The Double Battle
What We Hold Dear
Finale of Courage
Epilogues

Dropped

111 3 4
By EinAr_17

"Hey, are you okay?" She approached the one in the corner slowly.

She faked a smile. "Yeah, no... I don't know. I'm... confused."

She chuckled. "Don't worry, me too. My name's Gouenji Kimiko. You?"

"... Evangeline Mech."

"Oh, your name sounds like your family's into techs!"

"Well, my brother...s are."

"What's with that tone?"

"I... have a really complicated family."

"Oh, same!" Kimiko smiled slightly. "My brother and cousin are both soccer players, the latter running some shady organization to boot, his younger sister is... his secretary, I think? And to top it off, I'm adopted and just a couple of months ago, I found out I'm not even from their timeline!"

Eva blinked. "I... don't know how to respond to that."

"Tell me your story. Make it short and have no explanations. The weirder it is, the funnier."

"Why do you want to know about me? We've only just met."

"Isn't that all the more reason to get to know each other? We're going to be stuck here a while, I think, so we might as well be productive and be friends. Besides, I'm a pretty good judge of character, so I know you're a nice person, Evangeline."

Eva smiled at that. "Thank you... You don't seem all that bad either. You can call me Eva, by the way."

"Then you can call me Kiko or Miko. Whichever one you like more."

"Okay then, Miko. My family is like... Well, I never knew my parents, while my brother was a technical genius, or so they say. He died in an incident, and one thing led to another, but an android attacked our city, proclaimed us siblings because we have the same AI creator, but he disappeared after my friends defeated him."

Kimiko blinked, but a smile quickly grew on her face. "You're right, that's some complication you have. But see? It's funny when you recap them like that."

She chuckled. "I guess. What happened to you, though, if I may ask?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you come flying through the wall like you did?"

"I was on my friend's bike, going on full speed, when he suddenly disappeared on me."

"Oh no... You must've had a scare."

"I did, but I was more angry. This is exactly the kind of stunt he'd pull! Only this time... He didn't." She began to frown. Thinking back, all of a sudden, the streets were empty, and Fei and Saru's wagon was nowhere in sight. This was something to worry about.

"Same here." Eva let out a shuddering breath. "My friend was just suddenly gone. And he isn't the type to do this kind of thing."

"I swear if this is another space-time crisis..."

"Another what?"

"Stuff happened before." Kimiko shrugged, before something clicked in the back of her head. "No wait, actually...this might be exactly that." She looked around the room with a glare. "Professor Aruno! Are you there?!"

"Who is-"

"Right now? He's probably our only hope of getting out of here. Professor Aruno!"

"Why is that?"

"He has weird powers. Well, I do too, but its a different kind of weird."

"You have powers too?"

"Yea- what do you mean 'too'?"

"Oh-! I... I don't mean-"

The floor below them suddenly gave way, and they give a rather loud yelp as they fell. Their mouths shut when they realized water was below them, and as soon as they stopped descending, they made their way to the surface as fast as possible.

"Sorry!" A man in a strange astronaut-like suit called over to them. "A small miscalculation on my part."

"But you never miscalculate!" Kimiko shouted back. "You did this on purpose!"

"Now, now! Calm down! If you let your anger take over, you'll forget to keep yourself afloat!"

"For a genius professor in the arts of space-time, he's way too carefree." She muttered with a sigh.

"Oh, that's him?"

"Yeah. Professor Crossword Aruno. He only ever appears when he wants to though."

"That's... pretty inconvenient."

"Yeah, you're telling me."

"Hold on! We'll save you!" A brunette called in the distance.

Eva blinked the water out of her eyes, just to make sure. Are those soccer balls? She spotted two familiar figures tying ropes to each ball, before the brunette and a tall blue haired boy kicked the ball in their direction. She shielded herself when the balls made a splash.

But Kimiko was smiling. "Thanks!" That is, until she saw how short the rope was. "Uh... How exactly are they planning to pull us across?"

"Don't worry, we're here too."

"What the-?!"

Two near-identical robots appeared above them, picking up a rope each.

"Please hold on to the ball."

Ban... Hiro... "Thanks!"

They held on as the two robots stared pulling. It was slow and peaceful ride, and they nearly made it to the end when-

"I smell burning." Eva looked up before immediately yanking the rope out of the LBX's hands and into the water.

"Wha-"

"Your rockets were too close to the rope." She explained. "It would've caught on fire if I let it be."

"Ah... My bad..."

"Hiro, is everything alright?" The darker blue machine asked from up ahead.

"Ban, I was careless... Though now, the rope is too wet and heavy for Ikaros Force to carry."

"I'll take over."

"Jin?"

"Triton!" Kimiko watched as another machine, its head looking a lot like a hammerhead shark, jumped on to some kind of hovercraft and flew towards Eva's ball. Strange, white string came out of its palms and stuck to the ball before pulling it along to shore.

Eva smiled at the blue robot as it flew back to its owner. "T-Thank you." To her surprise, he just nodded and turned away.

Professor Aruno cleared his throat. "Well, it's my fault that you two are soaked, so let me make it up to you." He snapped his fingers and suddenly, they were both dry.

Eva blinked. "Wait, how did you-?"

"I simply reversed your body's states as to how they were before you fell in." He smiled. "It's like that near drowning experience never happened."

"Except it did." Kimiko rolled her eyes. "Now, please explain why people are disappearing 200 years in the future?"

"And in Tokio City." Eva added.

"You're from Tokio City?!" Ban asked, loud enough for the other kids to turn their heads.

The blonde blinked. "Ban, what are you saying? Of course I am! It's only been a few... days since... Mi..." Their confused gazes made her shrink.

"What's going on?" The blue haired boy that kicked one of the balls earlier came up with the rest, almost all were wearing the same jacket.

"Hey, Kyou." Kimiko waved with a smirk.

"Who're you?"

"Yikes. I've been gone for, what? Two months? And that's how you're treating me now?" Her face fell when she realized he wasn't joking. "Wow, well... This is awkward."

Eva felt her heart sank when she locked eyes with the black and white haired boy again. She turned to the rest. "You all... really don't remember me...?"

Kimiko clicked her tongue. "It's more likely that they don't even know we existed."

"W-What...?"

Professor Aruno nodded solemnly. "I'm sorry, Evangeline, but Kimiko is correct."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 442 9
(Y/n) (L/n), the eight deadly sins is second captain was fighting against the demon king with her lovers and comrades to destroy the curse that was p...
243K 11.3K 91
Reminder: THE CHAPTER 1-5 IS KINDA NOT IN THE RIGHT PLACE, I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT PLEASE I REQUESTED YOU TO READ IT LIKE THIS 001, 002, 003, NOT 001...
27.1K 1K 46
After a long bonded relationship of "friends" what more could be, than a promise? A Promise that comes with a decision.... everything goes in with a...
47K 1.2K 79
Book 2 of my Inazuma Eleven Fan-Fic series (Inazuma Eleven GO Arc) It's been 10 years after Endou and his team won the FFI...but now a new kind of so...