A Warrior Of Life (Edited)

By JusticedS_19

What if Thor and Loki had another older sister besides Hela? Introducing Destiny Odinsdottir, the Goddess of... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Asgard's New King
Chapter 2- The Casket
Chapter 3- Jotunheim
Chapter 4- Banishment
Chapter 5- The Bifrost
Chapter 6- Madness
Chapter 7- Chaos on Earth
Chapter 8- Loki's Escape
Chapter 9- New York
Chapter 10- The Return to Asgard
Chapter 11- Peace
Chapter 13- Dark Elves
Chapter 14- Off World
Chapter 15- The Convergence (Part 1)
Chapter 16- The Convergence (Part 2)
Chapter 17- Ultron
Chapter 18- Mind Tricks
Chapter 19- Visions
Chapter 20- Sokovia
Chapter 21- Leaving Once Again
Chapter 22- Flashbacks
Chapter 23- Surtur
Chapter 24- Coming Home
Chapter 25- Doctor Strange
Chapter 26- Goddess of Death
Chapter 27- The Grandmaster
Chapter 28- Tournament
Chapter 29- Hulk
Chapter 30- Quinjet
Chapter 31- Calm
Chapter 32- Revengers
Chapter 33- Commodore
Chapter 34- Escaping Sakaar
Chapter 35- Duel
Chapter 36- Ragnarok
Chapter 37- Tesseract
Chapter 38- Guardians of the Galaxy
Chapter 39- Lightbringer
Chapter 40- Restarting the Forge
Chapter 41- Wakanda
Chapter 42- The Garden
Chapter 43- New Asgard's Queen
Chapter 44- Back in Time
Chapter 45- Making it count
Chapter 46- Final Fight (Part 1)
Chapter 47- Final Fight (Part 2)
Chapter 48- New Paths
A/N
A/N - Destiny's Staffs
Bonus Chapter: Nat's Funeral
Okay What the Heck?!
A/N - Done the Edits

Chapter 12- Aether

2.2K 40 9
By JusticedS_19

Warnings: None.

2013, Asgard.

Destiny's POV:

I eventually landed at the observatory, where I saw Heimdall guarding, as always.

"Hello Heimdall." I said.

Heimdall said nothing but gave me a nod and turned his head slightly to let me know he was aware of my presence.

"What happened with the Bifrost?" I asked.

Without answering, Heimdall flipped the control panel, and the Bifrost reactivated, and Thor landed with another woman. Specifically, Jane Foster, the mortal that Thor had talked a lot about since the day he had been banished from Asgard two years ago.

"We have to do that again!" She exclaimed excitedly.

She turned and saw Heimdall, while I said nothing and remained near the entrance/exit of the observatory.

"Welcome to Asgard." The Gatekeeper welcomed the mortal.

Thor and Jane walked towards the exit when Thor spotted me, leaning against the doorway, smiling.

"Woah... you're the queen... I'm guessing?" Jane asked me, more shocked than anything.

"Princess, actually." I corrected her.

"Well um... hello.. Princess.. I.." Jane mumbled nervously.

"Destiny." I interrupted.

Jane looked at me confused, while Thor smiled.

"Destiny, Princess of Asgard, Goddess of Life." I explained.

"And my sister." Thor added as I turned to him.

I nodded and turned back to Jane.

"I've heard a lot about you Jane." I told her.

"Well, Princess... I..." Jane began.

"Destiny. You could call me Destiny." I interrupted her again. "Only the guards really call me 'Princess' anyway."

"Sister, she is ill. Something is inside her." Thor said with all seriousness.

"Well I don't know why we're just standing around here. We should get her to the nurses. They could probably help her." I said.

Thor picked up the girl and flew to the palace, as I followed not too far behind. When we got to the room, Jane laid down on a table while Eir, an Asgardian Nurse, examined her.

"What's that?" Jane asked curiously.

"Be still." Eir ordered.

"Is this a quantum field generator?" She asked.

"It's a soul forge." Eir answered.

"Does a soul forge transfer molecular energy from one place to another?" Jane asked.

Eir looked at Jane, impressed, just as I did.

"Yes." The nurse answered.

Jane turned to my brother.

"It's a quantum field generator." She whispered.

Thor smiled.

"My words were mere noises to you that you ignore them completely?" My father asked, walking into the room.

It was obvious that he was not pleased about Thor bringing in his mortal girlfriend.

"She's ill." Thor argued.

"She's mortal. Illness is their defining trait." My father said.

"I brought her here because we can help her." Thor said.

"She does not belong here in Asgard anymore than a goat belongs on a banquet table." My father stated.

"Did he just..." Jane asked Thor, sitting up.

She did not finish her sentence as she immediately turned to my father.

"Who do you think you are?" She asked him.

"Oh boy, bad move." I thought.

"I am Odin, King of Asgard, and the protecter of the nine realms." My father answered.

"Oh... well I..." Jane began, shocked, before once again getting interrupted.

"I know who you are, Jane Foster."

Jane turned to Thor.

"You told your dad about me?" She asked him.

"Something is within her Father. Something I have never seen." Thor said, ignoring Jane's question, as I nodded instead for an answer.

"Her world has its healers; they're called doctors. Let them take care of it." My father said. "Guards, take her back to Midgard!"

The guards got closer to Jane.

"Wait no don't..." Thor began.

He didn't have time to finish as the guards touched Jane, when suddenly a surge of energy blasted them away.

"Touch her..." Thor finished before he ran to the woman, now nearly passed out. "Jane, are you alright?"

I approached the woman and closed my eyes while placing a few fingers on her forearm, revealing what looked like red energy coursing through her.

"That's impossible." My father muttered.

"What is it?" I asked, unsure.

Whatever was inside Jane, it was nothing that I had ever seen before.

"The infection is defending her." Eir said.

"No, it's defending itself." Thor corrected.

"Come with me." My father ordered.

He led the three of us to a separate room of the palace, one that contained an ancient book.

No one's POV:

"There are relics that predate the universe itself. What lies within her appears to be one of them. The Nine Realms are not eternal. They had a dawn as they will have a dusk. But before that dawn, the dark forces, the Dark Elves, reigned absolute and unchallenged." Odin explained.

Destiny looked at the book.

"'Born of eternal night, the Dark Elves come to take away your light.'" She read.

"Their leader, Malekith made a weapon out of that darkness, it was called the Aether. While the other relics often appeared as stones, the Aether is fluid and ever changing. It changes matter into dark matter and seeks out to host bodies, drawing strength from their life force. Malekith sought to use the Aether's power to return the universe to one of darkness. But after eternities of blood shed, my father Bor, finally triumphed, ushering in the peace that lasted thousands of years." Odin continued.

"What happened?" Jane asked him.

"He killed them all." Odin answered.

"Are you certain? The Aether was said to have been destroyed with them. And yet, here it is." Thor said.

"The Dark Elves are dead." Odin repeated.

"Does your book happen to mention how to get it out of me?" Jane asked.

"No, it does not." Odin answered before walking away.

Thor turned to his sister.

"There must be something you could do." He said.

Destiny thought for a moment, but nothing came to mind.

"Well... you are the Goddess of Life.. maybe there's a way you could suck it out of me?" Jane suggested.

"Even if it were possible, I don't think I would be able to. The Aether would probably blast me away like it did with the guards." The Goddess explained.

She turned to her brother.

"Give me a moment to think of something." She said.

Thor nodded and she walked away. Once she arrived in her bedroom, she sat down on her bed and immediately began to think of a plan; anything she could do to help Jane. She looked through her books, but she found absolutely nothing about the Aether, or the Dark Elves. She went to find Thor, to tell him that she had nothing, but her journey was cut short.

And she would never forget why.

A/N: That's all for this chapter. Stick around for more and hope you liked this one. Bye!

A/N 02/22/2023: No edits today but I came to the realization that I still have to write a Thor: Love and Thunder book with Destiny.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 4.2K 39
AHEBE ODINSDOTTIR is the hidden princess of asgard. odin didn't want anyone to know that he has another daughter "the goddess of life and war" she's...
136K 3.4K 47
After a while of running, I found the glass cell that held Loki. "I thought you had abandoned me" He said jokingly. "When have I ever abandoned you...
16.4K 403 36
*ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚Š In which a speedster called for a goddess also known as Thor's sister. *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§β‚ŠΛš *ΰ©ˆβœ©β€§...
67.7K 1.7K 26
Edited Description: December 18th, 2020I'm only keeping this story up because it has comments from old friends of mine that I fondly look back on. Ot...