Catching I Bruce Wayne

By apollosmeatballs

*COMPLETED* Skylar Marie Jones was a simple senior student at Metropolis University until she made one wrong... More

Welcome
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
VIIII
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII

XII

3.3K 112 36
By apollosmeatballs

Right after the dinner, Bruce was notified by Alfred that he had found something regarding the kidnapped people. So after getting Skylar home, he went back to his house to look it up.

Apparently all the people kidnapped either now or at some point in their life worked at LexCorp or a corporation connected to it. That was bad, he had found the connection between the victims but basing it on this there was no possible way he could anticipate who'd get kidnapped next.

The safest thing would be to increase surveillance on where LexCorp companies were and someone be a scout while an attack happened nearby.

Sighing Bruce got up and put on his costume. He had to notify the rest of the League. Maybe they could finally involve the Green Arrow, Queen Industries could sure help against everything that's been going on. They had worked with Arrow a couple of times and he proved himself to be a good ally. Plus, Barry was on Bruce's ass on letting the Arrow in.

He decided to do all of it the next day, right now he had to go patrolling. Because of the dinner, he had Robin go out before he did. Bruce quickly put on his costume and joined him.

The next two days were busy for Bruce. He had gotten slightly hurt the night before and he had to rest for a while. Resisting Alfred's warnings he got up and went to talk with that scientist on what he knew.

It was hard to find that scientist at first, apparently, he had quit right after the accident. Bruce found him in the king suite of a hotel partying with a woman. Ten minutes upon finding him, he had learned that he got paid to specifically wake up Metallo.

Someone in a black ski mask contacted him and gave him the money after he was done. Based on the description, they were the same man who had done the kidnappings. Bruce had taken the suitcase they gave the scientist the money to further investigate it.

He brought it back to the Batcave to look for fingertips or anything else that might be a lead. While he was waiting on the results he started to look over the files of LexCorp employes, the ones he could find anyway, to maybe predict something.

Alfred had come in with tea and some biscuits after a while. " Any way I could be of help, sir?" he asked. " Let me know if something comes out of the system," Bruce replied while strolling his chair to his side computer to get the results on the suitcase.

Unfortunately, there were no fingertips but he did find some remains of fuel. The type of fuel that was used on rockets and many devices, much like the ones LexCorp owned or subsidiaries.

Bruce got up from his chair and quickly sent a message to the Leauge to meet in the Watchtower in ten minutes. After that, he went there and called Barry, asking him to bring the Arrow with him. Barry was happy to hear it and he said he'd get right on it. Star City was close to Central City so the Flash and the Green Arrow worked together for many things.

Ten minutes later everyone was there. " What's going on? Why did you call the emergency meeting? I was about to fly our latest plane," Hal asked. " Yeah, and I was winning the race with Supes over here," Barry said, mumbling at the end.

Diana sighed. " I'm literally working with children," she said. " So, is this what your Leauge of Justice meetings go like," Green Arrow spoke up. " It's Justice Leauge, and no, it is not," Jonn replied.

" I found some things, regarding the kidnappings. I also interrogated the scientist. I think what we're up against is far worse than we anticipated," Batman spoke up. " Man in black-ski masks, like the kidnappers approached him and offered him money. I inspected the suitcase and found the remains of fuel on the side of it. The kind used by LexCorp, more importantly, all the victims have been or still are employes of LexCorp,"

" So Lex is behind all of this mess?" Superman asked. " I don't know, he could be. Either way, he's a part of it," Batman replied. Superman furrowed his brows, as if he figured something out. " Where do I come in?" Green Arrow asked, leaning on his chair.

Batman turned to him. " I'm sure Queen Industries' resources can help with our search," he said. Arrow furrowed his brows. " Wait, wha, how?" He mumbled. " You are heavily in the weaponry business Oliver, you can search the market to find out things about the kidnappings, the kind of weapons they have, who purchased them, " Bruce said.

" How long have you known I was the Green Arrow?" Oliver asked, taking off his hood and mask. Barry patted Oliver's shoulder as he smiled. " Don't question, he knows," he shrugged. " Fine," Oliver sighed, " I'll do the best I can,"

After that Batman turned to Superman. " Have you questioned Roy Hawkins?" he asked. Clark nodded. " Yeah, he didn't give me much though. He didn't even know Mandragora was tipped off so I think he's out of the loop," he said.

" What else did he say?" Bruce asked. Superman shrugged. " He taunted me, saying everything was connected and there were things we didn't know," he said. " Duh, obviously we have some missing pieces, or we'd kicked their asses a long time ago," Hal said.

Batman nodded. " We need to dig deeper, we also need to be on the lookout on the attacks. We might all need to be working in pairs for a little while," he said. Diana nodded. " That seems like a good idea," she said.

" Everyone, keep a close eye on Luthor, he might give us the clue we need after all," Batman said and everyone nodded. " Anything else?" Arthur asked. No one spoke up so Arthur, Hal, and Diana got up.

Clark walked to Bruce. " Actually, Bruce, there was something I wanted to talk to you about," he said. " What? Perry didn't like the interview?" he taunted. " No, it was actually about Skylar," he said and Bruce looked up to him, getting up.

" What about her?" he asked. Clark gazed away for a moment then gulped before answering. " Uhm, she called Lois before I came to the meeting," he said. " About?" Bruce asked. " You might want to check your phone, that's not how relationships works,"

Bruce glared at Clark. " She's not my girlfriend, and I'm busy," he replied, looking away from his friend. " Yeah, sure," Clark huffed, " All I'm saying is it takes a minute max to text back, don't Bruce yourself up and miss something good for you,"

He didn't answer and Clark patted his shoulder before leaving. Bruce sighed after he left. He took out his phone to text Skylar back when it alerted him that there had been an attack on Arkham. " Shit!" he said, turning around.

" What?" Barry asked. He was standing with Oliver, Clark, and Jonn. " Someone attacked Arkham," Bruce replied, passing by them and walking to the teleporter. " Do you need help?" Superman asked. " No,"

Upon teleporting back Bruce immediately went to Arkham. He was sure it was planned and a voice inside his mind told him it was related to everything that has been going on. When he got there, there was a big hole on the side of the building. It had also started to rain. As he was nearing the whole he spotted people trying to escape. This was going to be challenging.

Four days had passed since the attack on Arkham. Bruce, along with Dick, had been searching non-stop for the Joker. They managed to find everyone else, it was hard and they spent three whole days but they eventually did.

What worried Bruce was the Joker. He was a twisted man, truly, and if he was connected to this whole thing it might've been sicker than he initially thought. So Batman needed to find him and find out Joker knew as soon as possible.

" Master Wayne, you might want to give a visit to downtown," Alfred spoke through the com. Bruce was driving around the city, trying to find a trail. " What is it?" he asked. " It's better you see it for yourself," Alfred said.

Bruce turned the wheel, driving to the place where Alfred had sent a location to. When he got there he found a few bodies being placed in the shape of a bat. There was blood in the middle of the figure. He checked for pulses but everyone was dead.

This was Joker's doing. Only he was this sick and twisted to do such a thing. Then Bruce realized one of the girls in the figure was holding something. A piece of paper. He took it and opened up to read it.

" I'm coming for you, it's going to be a blast!"

Bruce threw away the paper angrily. He needed to find him quickly. Before he hurt more people. He had checked the old places where Joker use to stay or operate in, all of them were empty. He got in his car to go talk to Harley. Surely, she knew something.

" Harley, I know you know where he is, tell me and I might not let you spend the rest of your life in here," Batman threatened. " Oh, Batsy! I won't spend my life here, my puddin' will save me!" Harley shot back.

Bruce crossed her arms. " Where is he then? I captured you two days ago, that's plenty of time to break someone out," he said. Harley furrowed her brows. " He will! He's just busy!" she argued. " Busy with what?"

Harley snickered. " Like I would ever tell you Bats!" she said. Batman shrugged. " I guess I should go see your friend Ivy next, I'm sure she'd like to be prisoned with some toxins that are bad for her,"

Harley got up. " Leave her alone you pig!" Harley screamed. " If I've got nothing better to do, why not?" Bruce said back, taunting her. Harley took a deep breath as she gritted her teeth. She was thinking, weighing her options.

" He was supposed to be at this hide-out, waiting. Downtown," she murmured. Bruce smirked and left. He went back home and started to look at places where Joker could be using as his hideout.

Alfred entered the room. " Master Wayne, you haven't slept for two days, you should rest a bit," he said. Bruce shook his head. " I can't, not with him out there," he replied. " I was going to wait to tell you this, but four nights ago Miss Jones came by,"

Bruce furrowed his brows but not looked away from the screen. " She said she couldn't reach you," Alfred continued. Bruce opened up a more detailed map. " I must say, she looks like a remarkable young lady,"

Bruce sighed as he turned to Alfred. " What's your point?" he asked. Alfred walked to Bruce, leaned on the console and looked at his eyes. " I've known you since you were a little kid, I've seen you grow up. I know you. And I've seen the change in you since she walked into your life. You look, well, happier. I understand it's hard for you, to let someone in, but not everyone's going to let you down," he said.

" Alfred, you don't understand," Bruce said. " I thought I could do it, be Batman and be with her at the same time, I can't," he said. " Why is that?" Alfred asked. " What happened today, it is just one example. I have many enemies, and if they were to know I had someone special, you know they would go beyond their ways to hurt her, five people died today just because Joker could deliver me a message,"

Alfred pouted. " Does Miss Jones knows about your other work?" he asked. Bruce shook his head. " Than how is she in danger? No one knows about Batman, only the people you trust. I think you are just making excuses, sir, because you are afraid," he said.

None of them said anything after and Alfred left, leaving him to think. Bruce sighed as he turned back to the screen, thinking over what Alfred said and his feelings.

Skylar was truly remarkable. And Bruce was happy that she was in his life.

It took Bruce three days to find out Joker's hide-out. He chose an abandoned factory because of a bankrupt. It was a food company too, where Bruce wouldn't immediately think of. He went there with Robin.

When they got there Joker was sitting with some of his men. Bruce looked at Dick. He gestured the man to him. While he'd deal with Joker he could take care of his men. Dick nodded, walking away to the corner.

Bruce threw a small bomb. They were standing on the second floor of the factory. After the blast, he jumped to where Joker was. " Batsy! I was wondering what took you so long!" Joker laughed. Bruce took a step forward punching him.

Joker chuckled at the hit and threw a punch of his own to Batman's abdomen. Bruce took a step back with the hit but kneeled down to kick him. " You're done," Bruce gritted through his teeth. " Oh, far from it!" Joker said, giggling and throwing something at him.

It was a flower but once it got close to Bruce it went off. He jumped backward, trying to avoid an attack. Then, one of Joker's men ran to him, ready to attack. Bruce fought with the man for a little while before knocking him out and looking around for Joker.

He found him standing on the stairs. " Let's play a game. Try to catch me, the winner gets to tell a joke," he said, running up. Bruce took out the Grappling Gun and shot it up to cut Joker's way. Upon jumping there Joker chuckled and jumped down from the stairs.

" Okay, I know we were going to wait until the game ended but I just thought of a very funny joke. What do you get out of six lifeless bodies?" he asked. Bruce didn't answer as he looked around to find a way to cut his way once again.

He spotted the other pair of stairs, connecting to an exit, and he thought that's where Joker was probably running off to. He jumped down running there. " No answer? Cmon, think harder!" Joker taunted.

Bruce gritted his teeth as he sped up. " Okay, okay, I'll tell. You get to make a life-size bat figure!" he said as he climbed the stairs to the exit. Batman jumped in front of him at the last second.

" Oh, you didn't find it funny?" Joker smirked. Batman threw a powerful punch to him. Joker took a step back with the hit. " I thought it was hilarious!" he said instead. Bruce didn't answer as he kept punching him. " You're done," he finally said, throwing one last punch to knock him out.

Once he was done, he looked around. " How are you doing?" he asked to the intercom. " Great, these douchebags now knows not to mess with Robin!"

After bringing Joker and his men to the Arkham, and making sure he's locked up Batman and Robin went back home. Upon getting there Bruce realized how exhausted he truly was. It was almost the morning, the sun would set in about thirty minutes.

He sat on his bed, grabbing his phone. He opened up the text messages, particularly the ones Skylar sent her. He read them a few times, thinking about the events of last week. What Clark and Alfred had said to him. Joker's taunt.

He sighed, leaving the phone on the nightstand and going to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637 46 12
The Young Justice team is sent to Bialya. After regaining all but a few of their memories, the team sets off to finish their mission-and report their...
6.5K 296 16
"Haven't I crossed way too many lines with you?" "Who said I drew any?" The most abysmal 17 year old of them all. 1 half of the daughter's of the dra...
217K 5.6K 31
Lindsey just moved in with her grandparents in Gotham City. They send her to Gotham Academy where she meets Damian Wayne. And like every girl in the...
91.2K 4K 57
Now calling herself "Jade," a girl must delve into the risky business of cat burglary in attempts to keep her sister safe from a dangerous past. As t...