Elysian Potter: The Forgotten...

By CapturedAngelNo19

What if Harry Potter had a twin sister? What if his parents had survived? What if she was forgotten? What if... More

An Introduction
Chapter One: Diagon Alley
Chapter Two: The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters.
Chapter Three: The Sorting Hat.
Chapter Four: The Potions Master.
Chapter Five: Midnight Duel.
Chapter Six: Hallowe'en
Chapter Seven: Quidditch
Chapter Eight: The Mirror of Erised.
Chapter Nine: The Worst Birthday.
Chapter Ten: Dobby's Warning
Chapter Eleven: At Flourish and Blotts
Chapter Twelve: Poor Whomping Willow.
Chapter Thirteen: Gilderoy Lockhart
Chapter Fourteen: Mudbloods and Murmurs
Chapter Fifteen: The Death Day Party
Chapter Sixteen: The Writing on the Wall and Rogue Bludgers
Chapter Seventeen: Duelling and Polyjuice
Chapter Eighteen: The Chamber of Secrets.
Chapter Nineteen: A Message for Love.
Chapter Twenty: The Knight Bus.
Chapter Twenty-One: The Leaky Cauldron
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Dementor
Chapter Twenty-Three: Talons and Tea Leaves
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Boggart in the Wardrobe.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Black and Red
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Marauder's Map
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Patronus of a Queen.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Great Escape
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Of Snakes and Lions.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A New Home
Chapter Thirty: Ball at Malfoy Manor
Chapter Thirty-One: The Quidditch World Cup
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Dark Mark
Chapter Thirty-Three: Aboard the Hogwarts Express
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Tri-Wizard Tournament
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Unforgivable Curses
Chapter Thirty-Six: Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and The Goblet of Fire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: A Confrontation
Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Champion from the Goblet
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Almost Five
Chapter Forty: Find out the First Task
Chapter Forty-One: First Task
Chapter Forty-Three: The Second Task.
Chapter Forty-Four: The Third Task.
Chapter Forty-Five: Flesh, Blood, Bone and Love
Chapter Forty-Six: The Bond Between Mother and Sons
Chapter Forty-Seven: Reunion.
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Parting of Ways.
Chapter Forty-Nine: The Aftermath
Chapter Fifty: Getting Set Up
Chapter Fifty-One: Welcome to Twelve, Grimmauld Place.
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Noble and Most Ancient Houses of Potter and Black.
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Pink Ballroom Gown.
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Hearing of Harry Potter
Chapter Fifty-Five: Return to the Castle
Chapter Fifty-Six: The Sorting Hats new Song
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Professor Umbridge.
Chapter Fifty-Eight: DA.
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Challenging the Queen
Going on Hold
Chapter Sixty: Detention With Umbridge.
Sixty-One: The Hogwarts High Inquisitor
Chapter Sixty-Two: The DA and an Educational Decree

Chapter Forty-Two: The Yule Ball

11.7K 352 189
By CapturedAngelNo19

Elysian Potter: The Forgotten Queen.

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter, nor do I own the original idea for this story. All rights for the characters go to the magnificent J. K. Rowling and the original idea belongs to CharmedMilliE-Karry Master.

Notes: Hello my Angels and Gentlemen, I'm back! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to this story but now that the country is in lockdown and I'm forced to do college work from home, I'm feeling that its time to keep writing.

Thank you to everyone who gave me so much support and is still reading this story, even after my hiatus. I love you all and I hope this chapter can make you all feel less alone in Lockdown.

Because of what happened before, I'm going to be uploading each chapter as I write them so uploads will be sporadic at best, SORRY. <3

Elysian's Theme Song: You Should See Me In A Crown, Billie Eilish– Castle, Hasley – The Devil Within, Digital Daggers – Don't Make Me, MALINDA – Doll House, Melanie Martinez – Prom Queen, Molly Kate Kestner – Everybody's Fool, Evanescence.

Chapter Forty-Two: The Yule Ball

Professor Severus Snape stood in the middle of the Slytherin Common room with a debilitating sneer etched into his face. His students were settled into their usual seats, waiting for him to speak. Silently, he scanned all of the faces and was pleasantly surprised to see all of his students were actually in the common room – he knew some of his students, specifically Pansy and Millicent, liked hiding in their dorm rooms to avoid him, lest they be scolded. He knew he probably had Elysian to thank for this but was prepared to thank her later, as to not lower his reputation.

"As many of you are aware, The Yule Ball is approaching. It is exclusively for fourth-years and above, though you may have a younger student as your partner should you wish it. You shall all be required to dance, though the champions will be the first to dance."

"So, we get to watch Potter make a fool of himself?" snickered Draco.

"Indeed. Now I trust you all know how to dance?"

Everyone nodded, it was basic pureblood etiquette to know how to dance and most were taught the moment they turned five. Elysian, of course, hadn't had that privilege but was lucky enough to have Sirius teach her after Lucius first heard about the Tri-wizard tournament.

"We are meant to... encourage you to either pick a partner from outside your house or from a different school," said Professor Snape, his snarl loud and clear. "Those who do will gain one-hundred house points."

With that, and an impressive billow of his cape, Snape left the common room, allowing his students to chatter to their hearts content.

"Do you think I'd be able to ask Hermione? Claim it's for the house points?" asked Draco, "I don't really want her to be stuck with Weasley or Potter and I don't trust the rest of the Gryffindor boys... maybe Neville..."

"Neville's going to ask Luna," said Daphne, "Astoria was helping him figure out how to ask her without breaking. It's actually rather sweet."

"I could always ask Krum," said Elysian upon seeing Draco's worry. "He'll probably be really thankful since most of the girls in this school tend to throw themselves at him. Besides, he's got a girlfriend back in Bulgaria so you know he won't attempt anything."

"Thanks Ely," grinned Draco. "Question is, who do I take now?"

Elysian smirked and pointed at Pansy. The pug-faced girl had been secretly dating a Hufflepuff fifth-year for several months and was incredibly upset that she wouldn't be able to go with him without exposing their relationship. She was more than happy to go with Draco as a platonic couple.

"So, who are you going to go with Ely?" asked Daphne.

Thinking for a moment, Elysian smirked: "I may try and convince Potter to go with me. Who knows? It would be free points to Slytherin and I may be able to sneak a peak at what Dumbledore has planned for me in the future."

It was a lie, pure and simple. In truth, she wanted to see Harry again and find out if he had reverted back to his old ways. She didn't like the feeling of betrayal that was welling up within her when she thought of Harry turning his back on her once again and wanted to squash those feelings as quickly as she could. After all, she couldn't be feeling betrayal from Harry because if she was then she would have had to have trusted him in the first place, and she knew better than that... right?

~EP~

Walking down the corridor towards the library, Elysian spotted Harry running towards her with Hermione hot on his tail. Ronald was nowhere to be seen and Elysian could only assume it was because they were near the library and Ronald never set foot there.

"Elysian! Hi!" called Harry, huffing and puffing from running.

"Hello Potter," said Elysian, her Slytherin poker face sliding into place in a second.

She could see that it bothered Harry until he noticed Hermione standing slightly behind him and nodded. Hermione waved at her, signalling that Harry knew that they were acquaintances and therefore it was safe to let the mask slide.

"How are you?" the warm tone she took brightened Harry's mood considerably and the three of them were soon hidden inside an empty classroom.

"I...um, I know you said you'd drop me the minute mum and dad were looking after me again... but I was wondering if maybe..."

"Harry is asking if you'd teach him how to dance," said Hermione, seeing how bored Elysian was getting under her warn demeanour. Elysian hated hesitance.

"Why can't Hermione do it?" asked Elysian with a raised eyebrow.

"Because-because I wanted us to bond again! Like we did when you were helping me with my spells for the first task. I wanted to feel like I had a sister and I wanted to use it as my way to apologise for the horrible things I did and said to you when we were younger. I was an entitled brat and this is my way of apologising and trying to gain brother status instead of blood relation status."

That was the most Harry had ever spoken to her. Smiling softly – and internally rearranging plans with this new development – Elysian agreed. Harry's smile was as bright as the Sun as they began the lessons, with Hermione watching from the side-lines.

After four weeks of private lessons – each time convincing Ronald that Harry and Hermione were going to the library – Harry finally decided to ask the question he had been burning to: "Will you go to the Yule ball with me?"

"Pardon?"

"I know it's sudden," said Harry, "but I figured we could go as siblings..."

He was holding something back.

"And..."

"Mum and dad have been trying to regain custody of you," said Harry after some prodding.

"They can't, lady magic is a binding force," said both Hermione and Elysian together.

"Apparently there's a loophole. If it can be proven that Uncle Sirius has... poisoned the relationship between you and me then lady magic's decision can be reversed. By going to the Yule ball with me, it will stop the custody thing from being an issue..."

"Oh."

Elysian and Hermione shared an angry look.

"I know you don't want to come back to Potter Manor, and recently Hermione has been helping me to understand why. What mum and dad are trying to do to you is wrong and I don't want to force you to be my family, by going to the ball with me it gives you the chance to make a choice... mum and dad told me to make sure I stay away from you but I didn't want to do that without at least an explanation and your input."

"I'll go with you," said Elysian with a grin. "But you're going to have to be prepared for the backlash we're going to get."

"After the whole 'you cheated to enter' fiasco, I think I can handle it."

"Good to know."

~EP~

The night of the ball there was no Christmas tea as the ball included a feast. At seven O'clock all of the Slytherin girls rushed to their dorms to get ready for the night ahead. Pansy and Daphne had taken to getting ready in Elysian's room as the three planned on walking together before Elysian split off from them to join Harry.

Pansy's gown was light green with white lace and light pink flower embroidery. It stood just above her ankles, exposing her expensive white stiletto heels for all to see. Around her neck was a silver snake which all Slytherin girls would be wearing – like the Slytherin males would be wearing a silver Slytherin bracelet. Her make up was a mixture of subtle greens, pinks and nudes.

Daphne's gown was a slightly darker green with green lace sleeves and a neckline that exposed her shoulders and cupped her bosom. The dress didn't touch the floor but covered her dark green heels as well as her silver anklet that Theo had given her as a courting gift.

Elysian's gown was by far the most beautiful though. Narcissa had it specifically made as a Yule present and was incredibly proud of what the gown had ended up looking like. The dress was a deep, royal, Slytherin green halter-neck with dark green beading and embroidery all around the corset. It had an open back with small straps and a long mermaid bottom that covered her feet. It was made from the most expensive silks and had Goblin mined jewels scattered throughout the embroidery.

Her heels were black at the top with a green bottom and the heels were silver with a silver snake wrapped around them and an emerald at the top. There was a strap across them with the same type of embroidery as her dress and the strap wrapped around her leg and stopped just below her knee.

Her hair was half up and half down with some of her hair braided, giving her a sort of crown. To keep her hair together, Daphne used a silver dragon clip that Blaise had given Elysian as a Yule present in secret. It made Elysian's heart sink as she remembered that she couldn't have gone with Blaise to the ball.

Once Pansy had finished her make-up, the three girls linked arms and exited the Slytherin common rooms. Gasps and cheers echoed throughout the common room as they descended the stairs and exited the portrait hole.

"Looking good Elysian," said Draco, taking Pansy's arm. "And of course, Pansy you're looking as amazing as ever."

"Don't try and be nice Draco, we all know you only have eyes for one witch," said Pansy with a smirk.

"Thank you! I almost vomited," snickered Draco.

"You do look enchanting Daphne," said Theo.

"Right, if you two don't turn down the sweetness, I'm going to vomit!" exclaimed Elysian, covering her eyes in mock disgust.

"Oh hush!" hissed Daphne playfully.

"I'll see you guys on the dance floor, hopefully I've taught Harry well enough that he doesn't stand on my feet for the seventeenth time. I like my toes and I'd rather not have to repaint my toenails tomorrow."

"We'll pray for you."

~EP~

Harry was waiting by the stairs with a look of anxiety over his features. Both he and Elysian had agreed to meet by the grand staircase so they could walk in together, but the time was almost upon them to walk in and Elysian was nowhere to be found. Internally he was panicking, thinking that she may have turned her back on the deal and decided that it wasn't worth the hassle of putting her reputation on the line.

Then – much to his eternal relief – he heard the sound of heels on marble. The other champions – who were also waiting outside to go in – all turned upon hearing the sound and gasped when they saw who was now walking down the stairs. Hermione and Elysian were walking – arm in arm – down the stairs together, looking like a Princess and a Goddess. Viktor quickly moved to stand beside Harry, moving his arm out for Hermione to take as Harry did the same to Elysian.

"What's the matter Harry? Did I mess up my hair or something?" asked Elysian upon seeing Harry's gobsmacked face.

"No! You look amazing, both of you! Sorry... I'm not good at this," said Harry blushing every shade of pink.

"It's fine," said Elysian with a smirk. "You don't look so bad yourself."

"Yeah? Seamus and the twins helped, Ron's not really good at the whole 'looking good' thing," said Harry.

Suddenly, Professor McGonagall exited from a side room and faltered when she saw Elysian on Harry's arm. It was well documented among the professors how much the Potter twins disliked each other and now she was seeing the pair laughing and smiling at each other like-like proper siblings, it almost made her question her own sanity. Quickly, McGonagall shook away her shock and walked towards the doors.

"As you know, you shall all be the first to dance tonight," said McGonagall. "Now, your entrance will be from the lowest score to the highest score. Therefore, Miss Delacour and Mr Davis, please be ready to enter. Then it shall be Mr Diggory and Miss Chang, then Mr Krum and Miss Granger and finally... Mr Potter and Miss Potter. You shall each enter five seconds after each other as to give you all a chance to – well bask in the spotlight. Right, off you go."

Fleur and Roger both put on matching smiles as the doors opened and they entered. The rest of the champions were hidden slightly from view so as to not give away anything. Cedric and Cho then entered and the cheering that could be heard was almost deafening. Harry was sweating slightly from beside Elysian and she could tell he was going over the dance moves in his head so that he wouldn't screw up.

"Don't worry," said Elysian softly, "you'll be fine. I have faith in my teaching skills."

"I'm glad you have faith in me – hey!" he cried quietly. The two burst into a fit of giggles as Viktor and Hermione entered. "I'm glad you agreed to this. Who knows, this might be the start of an actual sibling relationship."

McGonagall motioned for them to go.

"Well see, Potter."

The Potters grinned at each other before entering the Great Hall. Instantly there were cheers from the Slytherin faction of students and all of Elysian's friends. There was a line of students on either side of them and Elysian could see them examining the pair out of the corner of her eyes, though her favourite reactions were from the head table.

Snape looked as if he had seen a ghost. Hagrid was grinning like a maniac – though Elysian didn't know if that was because of them or Madam Maxine who was standing right beside him. Moody/Barty was constantly trying to look away from them but she could tell he was going to rush to tell the Dark Lord everything. Professors Sprout and Flitwick were clapping with glee upon seeing the siblings together. Dumbledore's reaction was the BEST by far: he looked like he'd sucked a lemon and it had exposed a deep cut on his tongue and he'd tried getting rid of it with salt and vinegar. The grandfatherly façade was nothing more than a dream and he looked ready to tear the room apart and separate them.

It didn't help that the house points were now tipped heavily in Slytherins favour as Elysian hadn't been the only Slytherin to get a partner outside of her house. The urge to wink at Dumbledore was hard to overcome as Harry and Elysian settled to begin their dance but she managed – barely.

Harry was actually a rather good dancer – "thanks to you," – and he managed to avoid her toes for the entire five minutes. The tension left him the moment Neville and Luna, Fred and Angelina, George and Katie and Draco and Pansy entered the dance floor as the attention was no longer on him.

"You'd think being the 'Chosen One' you'd be used to the attention," said Elysian after Harry had told her why he was tense.

"Yeah but that's mostly prepared me for photos, articles and other non-dancing things."

"Come on, let's go get a drink before you pass out and Gred and Forge get a chance to spike the punch."

"Probably a good idea."

For the rest of the night Harry and Elysian were either dancing or talking – be it with each other or another pair. They kept far away from Ronald, who was very pissed off that both Hermione and Harry were 'fraternising with the enemy.' Elysian even managed to find out that Ginny had been sent away to Egypt and that the Weasley's were currently dealing with a displeased Lord and Lady Greengrass.

Eventually the night came to an end and Elysian returned to her snakes to go back to the common room. As she left, she knew her heart had softened towards her sibling. Slowly but surely he was making his way from sibling to brother but she wouldn't allow any fledgling relationship to get in the way of her plans. Elysian may care about her friends, family and now a member of her biological family but this was war and she couldn't allow anything to get in the way of her plans for the future.

Note: So I hope you all enjoyed this rather long chapter and I also hope your enjoying your lockdown – if your in lockdown. Please Stay Safe! I'll upload soon.

XOXO

Captured Angel.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 31.1K 56
What if Harry's parent's didn't die? And what if Harry had a younger sister?!? Follow Emma potter throughout her life at Hogwarts in Emma Potter. Cov...
2.8K 56 14
Harry James Potter, The Boy Who Lived. He grew up as an ordinary boy, living with his aunt and uncle, until one day, he found out the truth. He was a...
89 7 12
What if Harry had, had a sister? He'd have a little bit of hope. Except with the children being almost exactly a year apart the sister knew they were...
1.7K 65 12
What will happen if Harry Potter had a twin sister named Nicole? What would happen if James and Lily weren't killed on that faithful night? what if N...