Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

73

4.6K 125 3
By AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"So why are we playing Australia in France?" I ask as we pull up to Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille, France.

"Australia was gonna play France too so the coach's decided to just have us play them here." Moe says.

"Oh." I say as a paper is handed to me.

"Here Audi." Mal says and hands me the line up so I look it over as the bus pulls up to our stop.

1-Audrey Solo
5-Kelley O'Hara
22-Emily Sonnett
4-Alana Cook
12-Tierna Davidson
8-Julie Ertz(C)
9-Kristie Mewis
3-Sam Mewis
11-Mal Pugh
15-Sophia Smith
23-Christen Press

Once the bus stops, Balto and I get out of our seats, leave the bus, and head to the locker room

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my green keeper jersey. After I'm dressed I let the trainers give me a pain killer shot then Ash wraps my hands while the coaching staff do their last minute talks. When the talks end, the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Julie.

While we're waiting for the game to start I lean forward and wrap my arms around Julie.

"You'll be fine." Julie whispers. "I'm right in front of you if you need me."

"Thank you." I say.

When the ref tells us too we head onto the field then stand in line for the anthems. After the anthems we shake hands with the Australians then we shake hands with the refs.

After we finish shaking hands we take our starting XI line up photo.

"Sit Balto." I say to my dog, who's wearing my jersey.

Balto does as told and sits down next to Mal while I stand behind him for the picture.

Once the picture is taken, Balto and I head to the team huddle.

After the team huddle I lead Balto to the bench.

"Alright Balto." I say as we get to the end of the bench. "You stay here okay?"

Balto barks at me so I pet him one more time then I head over to Ash.

"Be safe my child." Ash says then she hugs me.

"I don't know how Ali puts up with you." I tease then both of us laugh.

"She's a dork." Ali says as she hands me Ash's old towel. "But she's my dork who I love."

"AWW." Kelley shouts.

"And that's the dork my Mom loves." I mumble then Ash holds my face.

"You did this before and you killed it so keep trusting your instincts and you'll do great." Ash says.

I nod and grab a water bottle then I head to the goal. When I get to the goal I hang the towel up on the net then lay the water bottle outside of the net. Once I'm all set up I look down at my Mom's old gloves then I kiss the stitching on the cuffs that says SOLO before I turn around and get ready for kick off which happens moments later.

The first 30 minutes of the game are a kinda fun for me since I have to make a few saves.

In the 31st minute Julie clears the ball upfield into the Australian half of the field.

Logarzo brings the ball out of the air then she looks up and blasts the ball right toward me.

I realize I can catch the ball so I run off my line to catch the ball.

As I catch the ball in my arms, I see a pair of cleats out of the corner of my eye then I feel studs connect with my head and chest.

"HEY." I hear multiple teammates shout as I collapse to the ground.

"Sorry." An Australian voice that I recognize as Sam Kerr says as she taps my back.

"Fuck off." I hear Kelley say.

"It was an accident." Kerr says. "What the hell's your problem?"

"Come on Sam." I hear Steph Catley say.

"They're gone right?" I say into the grass.

"Yeah." Tierna says.

"We have a sub goalie right?"

"Yes." Alana says.

"Cool." I say then I roll over. "Lemme hit Kerr in the head with the ball then I'll go out."

"She got a red." Julie says.

"Oh...Okay." I say then I look at the blonde woman.

"Audrey what's wrong?" Julie asks.

"Why are there three of you?" I ask.

"Yeah you're definitely coming out." Christen says as the AT's arrive.

The AT's look me over as someone hands me my towel and water bottle then the AT's help me off the field and into the locker room while Balto follows us. When we get into the locker room the Trainers and the team doctor run me through some tests and diagnose me with a grade three concussion and a bruised sternum. Once I've been diagnosed I decide to shower.

After my shower I dry off, brush my teeth to get the coffee off my breath, put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring in before I put my clothes on. Once I'm dressed I pack my bag then play with Balto for the rest of the game until the game is over and the bus opens.

"BUS IS OPEN." Someone yells so I grab my stuff then Balto and I head towards the bus.

Once on the bus, Balto and I sit in our normal row then I put my AirPods in and listen to my music while everyone loads onto the bus.

After everyone gets on the bus I listen to music while playing with Balto's fur the whole way back to the hotel.

When we get back to the hotel I feed Balto then I grab my food, sit down at a table, and eat my food.

While I'm eating my phone rings so I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Babygirl." My Mom says making me smile.

"Hi Mama." I say. "Everything okay?"

"Yea sweetie." Mom says. "I'm just updating my calendar for the upcoming months and I need to pencil in your things for when you come visit in the summer okay?"

"Okay Mama." I say into my phone then Mom starts rattling off random things I'll be doing this summer. "Yes I scheduled it for June 22nd...okay...yes I know I have a busy June...She's supposed to come with me...grade 3 concussion...Nothing's been confirmed for that...Yes she's coming with me...no it's just us four...Yes I've heard that rumor...As long as she doesn't fuck up my career then I'm fine...alright...Yes...I love you too Mom...Bye."

"What was that phone call about?" Alex asks as I hang up.

"Mom was updating her calendar so she called me to finalize everything for when I come visit after the season." I say

"Who don't you want to fuck up your career?" Alyssa asks.

"Now that Joe is gone there is a rumor that Jill Ellis is going to be our next manager." I say.

"Oh." Ali says then her nose twitches. "I'm sorry."

"Meh." I say.

"What's happening June 22nd?" Christen asks.

"I'm having a preventative double mastectomy then I'm getting new boobs that are the same size as I have now."

"Oh..."

"What else are you doing this summer?" Julie asks.

"Um...I actually need to talk to some of you about something."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Depth By Alex

Fanfiction

374K 6.7K 49
Cairo is a very closed off person. She has a lot of layers to her and most of those layers she won't let anyone see or hear about. Her life as she kn...
27.4K 687 13
Alex Morgan has a few things she's keeping from her teammates. Things like who she's in love with, and how she lost her, and how she needs help getti...
376K 9K 68
It has been one year since your wedding day and if you're thinking your married, sorry to say, but you're not. It has been one year since Alex Morgan...
308K 4.8K 40
Uswnt oneshots with Y/n reader.