A Feast For The Vampires

By KellyRose000

(BxB) - (Novel) - (Completed) Remember the saying that goes, "Keep your friends close, but your enemies close... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
Epilogue

XXXV

243 18 2
By KellyRose000

As the hospital came into view, Kimi didn’t waste anything time and held onto the door’s handle. He pressed himself into the door, his eyes wide in countdown. It didn’t take up to a split second after the car finally stopped and the doors were unlocked and Kimi threw the door open. He instantly flew out of the car like a kite.

“Maybe Silver should stay close to him throughout your visit here,” Haruna said, her eyes on Kimi as he leaned forward, his hands on his knees.

Qharis nodded strongly, her eyes also on him. Illiad nodded, giving Silver a sad look. Silver pouted at him and stole a quick kiss from him before he stepped out of the car.

Kimi held a fist to his thudding chest, swallowing large, choking breaths. I thought I was going to die. I thought I was freaking going to die! He shut his eyes tightly and squeezed the material of his trouser in his fist. I still feel fear. I still feel fear. I still feel fear. He breathed slowly, trying to calm himself. Calm. Down Kimi Mikaelis. There’re not gonna bite.

Kimi opened his eyes and slowly breathed out. “Yeah... I’m fine.”

Silver gently placed a hand on his shoulder once he reached him. His fingers barely touched him and Kimi flinched out of his reach. With worry in his eyes, Silver brought his hand to his chest and curled his fingers into a loose fist. “I hope the ride didn’t make you lightheaded.”

Kimi swallowed, his gaze sliding to the small group of journalists that were barricading the entrance to one of the many lifts in the parking garage. “There’s no need to worry. I’m alright,” he mumbled in an inaudible tone.

Silver rigidly shrugged a shoulder, the other drooped. His fingers fiddled with the edges of his sleeves, his eyes on the grey walls of the building.

The Vdéllas came down and Haruna poked her head back into the car to give the chauffeur some orders. Qharis placed her attention on the little crowd of journalists that were gathered like stagnant water in front of one of the entrances. Illiad followed her eyes to the group and hummed deeply.

“Mum what’s with the journalists?” Qharis asked, walking to the boot that had been opened.

Haruna shook her head to show that she was equally clueless. She picked up one of the baskets, skillfully slinging the handles of her handbag over a shoulder. Qharis and Illiad carried the rest. Once the boot was cleared, Haruna softly closed it and they moved to the front of the car.

“Let’s go.” Haruna motioned at another entrance with her chin. “Don’t let them spot you. Hurry.”

They quickly and carefully rushed to the door. It was as if the journalists had an inbuilt magnet that got activated whenever people were around because they all perked their heads like pigeons towards them. At once, they raised their cameras and microphones, speeding to them. They were not even close to them yet they were already spewing questions.

“Quick! The lift. The fifth floor,” Haruna said hastily, quickening her pace.

The sound of their footsteps became louder, resounding throughout the parking garage. Kimi struggled to keep up and nearly tripped but Silver held his wrist and pulled him along.

“If only Uncle Aurum was here,” Qharis said, jamming her elbow into the lift’s button. She tapped her foot on the floor as the lift’s doors slowly slid open. “Enter.”

Haruna used her body to push all of them into the tight space. She carefully balanced the basket against her hip and jammed her finger into a button. She moved away from the door as it slid close. Even when the doors finally shut, they could still hear the loud noise that was the journalists.

Kimi cupped a hand over his mouth and plastered his back to the wall, finding solace in the corner of the lift. He squeezed his eyes shut and counted the dings of the lift as they moved up. When it finally stopped, it slid open and everyone walked out.

“Let’s go.” Silver slowly removed his hands from Kimi’s wrist. “Take slow breaths and you’ll be okay.”

Kimi waved a hand and walked out. He held his head back like he was swallowing drugs and inhaled deeply. His eyes slowly shifted open. He dropped his hand, his eyes drinking in the bustling of the hospital.

“Wait here. Let me just find what room she’s in.” Haruna quickly shuffled towards a nurse and asked for Dae-yang’s room number. She nodded in thanks and turned to a hallway. “This way.”

*

Blinding white walls, upon blinding white walls filled the hallways, the bright light bulbs over their heads shining bright against the white tiles. The only sound that could be heard was the symphony of clanging instruments and the squeaking of shoes against the preen tiles. Various clashing smells oozed out of every room, soiling the senses of everyone. Kimi held an arm to his nose, an uncomfortable look on his face.

Haruna looked from door to door, looking for the right number. “This one,” she whispered, pointing at a door. They stopped before it and she carried the basket in a hand, raising a fist so she could knock on the door. “Hello? Dae-yang? It’s Doctor Vdélla and a few of your schoolmates.”

A quiet shuffle was heard before the door was pulled open. They dropped their gazes on the little boy who walked out. He blinked his bloodshot eyes, his pouty lips parted. The boy rushed back into the room, leaving the door open for them.

They silently walked in. Haruna moved straight to the table that was beside the bed and the siblings followed. She placed the basket on it, rasing a brow at the empty bed.

“Um...” She moved her head to the other bed where the boy was sat in and asked, “where’s Dae-yang?”

He bristled a little and pointed at the bathroom’s door. Haruna nodded at him and hurried to the door, complaining under her breath. She knocked on it before entering.

Kimi stared at the boy with heavy eyes. He raised a hand and traced the area under his eye, his eyes stuck on the little dark circles that were under the boy’s eyes. This boy, he thought. What had he gone through? What had he seen? Is he like me? He pressed a fist to his chest, feeling pity for the boy whose breath was as silent as nothing, his tiny arms hugging his small legs to himself. Poor boy.

Kimi fiddled with his fingers, sucking on his top lip. He scuffled closer to the boy and carefully sat on the bed. “Um... Hello,” he said in a tiny voice.

The boy shuddered, pressing his face to his knees.

Silver and the siblings watched as Kimi weirdly rubbed his palms against his trouser, holding his breath. Kimi softly cleared his throat and sideglanced at the boy.

“Uh... Hi. Uh... How... are you?”

The boy flinched and Kimi bit his bottom lip, fisting his hand on his lap.

Obviously he isn’t freaking fine you dunce, Kimi thought, furrowing his eyebrows. His eyes swayed from left to right as he thought, what will Aurum do? What had Aurum done? What had he freaking told me? How had he comforted me? He looked at the boy and saw himself. He’s me. I need to help me.

Kimi rubbed his neck, leaving his narrowed gaze on his feet. “Uh... Little one,” he started, his voice coming out with a croak. He cleared his throat, scratching the back of his head. “I know... that you just lost your parents and... and the feelings that you’re having right now is one of pain and fear. Uh...” Kimi raised his eyes and Silver and Qharis encouraged him by raising their thumbs with a broad smile, while Illiad nodded once in encouragement. He coughed lightly into his fist, stiffly turning his head to the boy. “What’s your name?”

The little boy turned his head to Kimi. He shyly turned the other way and muttered, “Dae-hyun.”

Kimi blew air out of his mouth, shifting closer to the boy. “Okay Dae-hyun.” He took up his head and reached out a hand at the boy. He held his breath, gently dropping his hand on the boy’s back. The boy bristled a little, freezing under the feeling of his palm. “Dae-hyun? I know that you’ve lost your parents. I... I had also lost my father a long time ago.”

Qharis shivered, bringing up her arms to wrap around herself. Her breath thinned and Illiad noticed this. He placed his hands on her shoulder and pressed it, silently telling her that everything was okay.

“As humans, it’s alright to be afraid when stuffs like this happen. Fear is okay. It’s necessary because it brings out the real people in us. Fear makes us who we are. It’s a part of us.” He quirked his brow and said, “I think?” He shifted his hand and placed it on Dae-hyun’s head. “Little one it’s alright to cry. I had cried when I’d lost my father. I can never ever know how you feel but... but there’s one thing I can tell you.” The corners of his lips slowly rose into a quivering smile. “Do you want to know what it is?”

Dae-hyun hesitated for a while before he nodded.

“You have Dae-yang. You have me.” Pointing at the rest and said, “you have them. We all want you to be happy. And please... do it for your parents. Be happy... because... because...”

What am I saying? This isn’t what Aurum had said! he thought, using his eyes to plead for help from the others. Illiad wanted to walk closer but Silver beat him to it.

Silver squatted in front of Dae-hyun, his eyes on him. “Hi Dae-hyun.” He smiled warmly, making Dae-hyun blush lightly and bury his face in his knees. “What my cousin is trying to say is that don’t let the pain dominate y—I mean take over your body. Your parents are dead and they’ve gone to a peaceful place.”

“Where... did Eomeoni a-and Abeoji go t-to?” Dae-hyun asked in a whisper.

“To their maker. And as they’re there they’re watching over you to make sure that you are happy.” He reached out touched Dae-hyun’s cold hands. “Dae be happy. Smile all the time, cry less. It’s okay to cry when you’re feeling down. Your parents are watching over you and they will love for you to be happy. To grow up strong and become a great person. They’ll be happy when you’re happy. But it’s alright to be afraid sometimes.” He rubbed his thumb against Dae-hyun’s hands. Dae-hyun looked up at the feeling. Silver stood, leaned closer to Dae-hyun and placed a small, soothing kiss on the crown of his head. “Now... get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day for you.”

Dae-hyun nodded in a tight manner. Silver removed his hands and Dae-hyun shuffled into the bed and laid his head on the pillow. Kimi stood and Silver pulled the blanket over him.

“Mr. PJ?” Dae-hyun asked quietly.

Kimi cocked a brow in confusion and Silver motioned with his eyes at Kimi’s attire.

“Oh...” He looked over his shoulder at him. “Yeah?”

Dae-hyun blushed lightly, fiddling with the edges of the blanket. “Thank... you...” He flusteredly turned to the other side and buried his face in the pillow.

Kimi snorted lightly, a tight smirk on his face. “If I’m Mr. PJ then he’s Master PJ,” he said, referring to Dae-hyun who was dressed in his pyjamas.

“I guess so,” Silver said with a laugh.

That moment was over when Haruna walked out, Dae-yang beside her. She was supporting Dae-yang with a hand on the girl’s back as Dae-yang limped slowly to her bed. She let out a groan of pain as she sat on the bed, her hand on her stomach.

“Hey,” she croaked, staring weakly at them.

“Hello Dae-yang. How are you?” Illiad asked with a small smile, he and Qharis moving closer to her bed.

“Better than this morning.” She palmed her puffy eyes.

Her face was pale. Dark circles were under her eyes, giving her brown eyes a dull look. Haruna aided her as she tried to lie on the pillow. She pressed her lips together, wincing as her back made contact with the pillow.

“Careful. We wouldn’t want the wound to open up again.” Haruna shuffled to the other side of the bed and picked up the file that was left on the bedside table. She opened it and scanned through it, using her fingers to run down the page as she read the contents of the file under her breath.

Dae-yang swallowed stiffly, blinking her dry eyes. She slowly turned her head to the side and waved a weak hand at Kimi. “Hi Kimi. I’m surprised that you’re here,” she croaked, struggling to keep her limp smile.

“Yeah. Well it’s not like I came specifically because of you.” He motioned at Dae-hyun. The boy was already asleep. “How is he?”

Dae-yang exhaled lightly, fingering the cannula that had been buried in her hand. “I don’t know. Dae-hyun hasn’t looked at me since I’d woken up. He hasn’t said a word or eaten anything.” Her eyes stung badly as tears pooled around them. She sniffed loudly, letting the tears fall. “He heard everything. He saw everything.”

Qharis gasped lightly, placing a hand on her mouth. “Oh my goodness!”

Kimi winced, pressing his fingers into his lap. He stared at Dae-hyun and thought, he’s not even older than four and he experienced that?

Dae-yang started crying. She cupped a hand over her mouth, struggling to breath properly. “I wish I could take everything away. What I had seen in his eyes when I’d gained consciousness is not what a child is supposed to hold in their gaze.”

“Dae-yang it’s alright.” Haruna stroked her shoulder, holding a weak smile. “It’s not your fault.”

“It is!” She placed the heels of her fisted hands to her eyes and cried louder. “The person was right under me and I... I-I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t protect my parents. I couldn’t keep my brother from that scene. He—”

“Dae-yang shut up!” Dae-yang jolted in shock. Kimi gritted his teeth and marched to her side. He pointed a finger at her, grinding his teeth. “Stop talking like there’s a way to turn back time because there’s no way to freaking turn back time.”

“Kimi,” Silver muttered with worry in his voice and Kimi narrowed his eyes at him.

“You all have your own way of comforting people. I freaking have mine.” Kimi sat on the bed, his eyes wide, a serious glow in them. Grey eyes stared back at wide, scared brown eyes as Kimi started talking. “Dae-yang shut the heck up. Instead of killing yourself in regrets, try to help your brother. Be there for him! If he doesn’t want to talk then talk to him. If he doesn’t want to eat then eat for him. Show him that you’re alright.

“If he doesn’t want to laugh them be the silly clown that will force a giggle out of him. Freaking be the adult right now. Don’t drain yourself and let him suffer alone.” He pointed at Dae-hyun and through his teeth said, “you are all Dae-hyun’s freaking got. I’ve experienced a half of what he’s experiencing. Heck I lost a father who tried to murder me yet look at me.” He pointed at his face and hissed, “do you freaking want Dae-hyun to turn out like me?”

“N-no. No,” Dae-yang said, rapidly shaking her head.

“Then stop mourning and freaking be the adult! Be a brave woman, put revenge aside and encourage your little brother!”

Haruna folded her hands over her chest, watching them with a surprised smile. Illiad watched him with a pensive look, his mouth hanging open. Qharis watched him, rubbing her arms as she stared at him with expectancy. Silver merely gasped in shock each time Kimi’s voice got louder as he talked.

He snapped his head back and glared at the others. Haruna quirked a brow at his intense look and the teenagers stood at attention, holding their breaths. “And you guys should freaking encourage her instead of apologizing like you flipping killed her parents.”

They nodded quickly, eyes wide in astonishment.

“Good.” He stared back at Dae-yang, his glare softening. “And I should freaking learn to be nicer to you.”

Dae-yang smiled weakly and asked, “even if I’m annoying?”

He nodded, lightly patting her clothed leg. He stood and shifted away from the bed. Haruna gingerly shook her head, examining the IV drip.

“You have your own way indeed,” Silver laughed, staring at Dae-yang.

Kimi shrugged a shoulder, pocketing his hands. He moved his head and regarded Dae-hyun’s sleeping form. He had thrown his arm to the side, bending and twisting his spine. Kimi drew closer to his bed and reached out to turn him. Kimi almost withdrew his hand but he scolded himself, gently patting the boy’s palm. Dae-hyun’s face twitched and he moved about before he comfortably laid on his side.

Dae-yang finally noticed her brother’s snoozing form. She smiled, this time her face brightening in happiness. “He’s asleep.”

“Well you can thank Kimi and Silver for that,” Illiad said, smiling at his boyfriend.

“Well...” Silver rubbed his neck, blushing a little.

“Thank you.”

“It was nothing. I just”—Silver shrugged lightly—“said what that had come to mind.”

“Aww stop being modest you fluffkin,” Qharis said, playfully pinching Silver’s cheek.

Silver released a short laugh, kneading his affected cheek.

Dae-yang chuckled lightly. This made her wince at the pain that she felt in her stomach. She bit down on the pain and Haruna regarded her with a pat on the shoulder, her eyes still examining the drip and the file.

They stayed quiet for a while, watching Haruna as she went through everything to make show that there wasn’t any slip up. When she was done, she tucked the file under her armpit with a small exhale.

“For now everything is fine as long as you don’t strain yourself too much or bath without an aid,” she said, clasping her hands together. Her eyes dropped to her bandaged wrist and quirked a brow. “Hmm. Dae-yang don’t mind me if I ask. How was the person”—she peered over her shoulder to make sure that Dae-hyun was still asleep—“able to suppress experienced Hunters like your parents. I heard that all the person had was a knife.”

Dae-yang laid her eyes on her bandaged wrist and sharply said, “the person used a poison that affects Hunters.. I think... that the person used claret on my parents. The person had enough and I don’t know how.”

Haruna stiffened, her body going cold. “What?”

“I’m not perfectly sure but my mother had been suffocating and I couldn’t perceive any form of gaseous poison or the sorts,” she whispered, her voice wispy.

“So these people are making a come back,” Haruna mumbled, her children looking at her. She held her chin and thought, why now after so many years?

“Mum these people... have they murdered before?” Qharis asked in a small voice.

“It isn’t in my authority to answer that,” Haruna said, still looking at Dae-yang’s wrist. “But all I can say is that they are dangerous and that everyone is a liable victim.”

Dae-yang hummed lightly, staring ahead of herself. Her gaze held a cloudy look as she spoke again. “Whoever those people are they’re just some messed up cannibals with an equally messed up goal. All I want is for them to be stopped in their tracks so that they can’t break more families.”

“This is madness,” Illiad said tenderly. “Going after Hunters? And the top Hunters?”

“This isn’t some ordinary killing,” Qharis said.

Silver exhaled breezily as he folded his arm. “If it isn’t ordinary then we fight with extraordinary means. But we should be careful when we do it.”

Kimi nodded with a dark expression, concurring to his words. “They better be ready. If they’re the same people from the past then—”

“Kids that’s enough!” Haruna hissed lightly. She held a motherly gaze, placing her fist on her hip. “You lot should worry about school and not murder cases.”

“Yes Mum,” Qharis and Illiad replied.

Dae-yang perked up, turning her head to Qharis. “That’s right, school will resume in a few days. Qharis could you please photocopy some of your notes for me since we have the same schedule.”

Kimi lifted a brow, his expression puzzled. How can Qharis be in the same class as Illiad? Are they twins?

“Of course.”

“Thanks.” She feebly slid down the bed until she was fully laying on her back. Haruna reached out and drew the blanket over her. At once, she shut her eyes, releasing a strained yawn.

“And I guess that’s it for today. Let’s leave them to rest, they’ve had an eventful day.” Haruna ushered them out of the room. She carefully shut the door and motioned for them to follow her. “Dex’ll drop you guys while I stay. I might not return tonight seeing as the hospital is heavily packed. Oh! That reminds me. Kimi isn’t Clover in the same year as you?” She stared over her shoulder and asked, “would you like to—”

No,” he said in a sharp tone. He glared at Haruna as she tried to object and the woman waved her hand in finality.

She led them back to the lift and pressed the button to open it. “Bye. See you guys in... I don’t know... tomorrow?”

“Bye Mum,” the Vdélla siblings said, hugging their mother.

“Goodbye. Bye Silver. Bye Kimi,” she said, waving at the boys. Silver waved back but Kimi looked the other way. She groaned tiredly and thought, this kid. I don’t want to ever be in his bad books. Those eyes. What had they seen to look so intense?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 25.4K 56
The Human and Vampire War changed the United States forever. Vampires have won rights-but they're second class citizens. A growing evil is inside Ren...
112 6 11
Two Boys Find Peace In Each Other When They Find Out They're Soulmates Ones A Bad Boy With An Attitude And The Other A Softy Who Desperately Needs So...
23.3K 3.2K 89
To cover the traces of his depravity, Gu Xiao constricted himself to the role of a jester while being torn between the idealisation of others and rea...
5.1K 288 23
[BxB] It's been 3 years since the zombie apocalypse began, and Ryan has desperately been fighting for his survival. All of his family have already tu...