His Little Mischief

By meeeeeellv

They say opposites attract. But what happens when a rogue and an Alpha who both crave chaos end up being mate... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
Epilogue I
Epilogue II+Irrelevant A/N

20

185K 7K 1.8K
By meeeeeellv

t w e n t y| a l e x a n d r i a
___

The next day, it was obvious that tensions between the pack and the rogues were getting worse and worse. I wouldn't be surprised if one side ends up instigating an attack in a day or two.

But as expected, the pack was well-prepared.

I was able to confirm that same theory when I almost tripped over a string that would have caused my body to be demolished by spears. Key word: almost.

The idea of informing me about such traps seemed to go past Felix's train of thoughts.

Everyone in the pack waited in anticipation, despising the suspense of not knowing when the rogues would start their assault.

It almost felt like they wanted this to happen. They wanted blood to be drawn and craved to see powerless rogues.

They're sadists, I'm telling you.

Right after sunrise, the rogues were seen eyeing the territory in a more obvious manner. They were literally growling at the warriors in their wolf forms, as if trying to send a message—a message Theo well understood.

They were fighting not by strategy or the element of surprise but pure strength—and maybe a little bit of cheating. It didn't hurt to put some traps in, does it?

I steal a glance at Emilio, Felix, and Giovanni who were put in patrol. Felix stares at Emilio and Giovanni while they bantered against each other.

If they don't end up dying by rogues, they'll definitely die from each other.

By the time the sun was starting to go down everyone, including me, was starting to get more and more restless as the wait kept lengthening.

Still, they kept their positions and remained as alert as possible.

Except me.

At one point, I got tired of waiting and resort to leaving my post. Felix seemed to not care because all I got was a roll in his eyes and a grunt.

I follow a somewhat clear path as I strolled around the territory, losing track of time or where I was leading myself to.

Of course, if my life was the stereotypical damsel in distress story, I'd probably end up getting kidnapped by a pack of rogues.

Good for me, this wasn't some cheesy Wattpad story.

I hum a tune I didn't even know I knew as I take slow and steady steps.

That was until the ambience shifted and somehow, it felt like the air turned thicker. The quietness of the woods made itself more prominent and I halt my steps.

'Thud!'

I blink my eyes and look around around the empty area, searching for the source of the sound—only for there to be none.

"Imma like," I mutter to myself. "Head out real quick."

I keep my mouth together in a thin line and take a steady step back. When my feet plants on the ground, I turn around and begin to sprint out.

I gasp when cold fingers wrap around the ankle of my right foot. I stomp on the hand over and over again immediately with my other foot.

"You prick!" A man's voice growls out.

"Next time choose your victims wisel—," I growl back to the darkness. But that's when a hard strike to the back of my neck forces me to shut up and fall down to the wet earth.

___

"A deal?" I hear Theo's voice growl out from a distance as if it was the most nonsense thing he's ever heard.

"A deal," says another man in a resolute manner.

"Then talk."

A rogue pushes me into the clearing just outside the borders of the territory. The moonlight was the only source of light.

"A fourth of your territory in exchange for 1 of your loyal pack members," the man says, pride in his voice.

"Do you really think I'd fall for such a lousy de—," Theo says. When my face comes into view, his smirk drops and his voice falters.

"Hi," I greet him, trying to calm him down with a smile and a small wave.

The man who was previously exchanging words with Theo grabs me. He wraps an arm around my neck to keep me in place. Theo eyes this movement and lets out a threatening growl.

I let out a shaky breath as I look up, the height difference prominent. This guy is a giant!

"Not so lousy anymore, am I right, Alpha?" The bald giant mocks.

"Not as lousy as your lack of bravery," Theo mocks back. "It was blood for blood and nothing else. What happened to you? Scared?"

My captor releases an ugly chortle before continuing, "I don't think those measly traps you made will help you prove we're cowards, Alpha."

"Traps?" Theo says, feigning innocence.

"You really think I won't found out?" The man growls.

"Find out about what?" Theo question and hums.

The man takes in a deep breath, as if annoyed. He says, "The traps you have shamelessly placed."

"How would I have known there are traps, Leomord?" Theo questions, a smirk dancing on his lips.

"At least 8 traps and all of them are badly placed. A blind man could easily sense them," the man called Leomord says. The corners of his lips twitches on an attempt to hold back another growl.

"Hmmm. Prove it then," Theo retorts, testing Leomord's patience. The lopsided smile on his face made his vexation even worse.

His grip on me tightens as his anger increased. He was fuming mad and his glare was enough to kill a person. Theo only tilts his head and smiles at him in a taunting manner.

I purse my lips in an attempt to save my life.

Don't laugh.

Don't laugh.

Don't laugh.

You're still mad at him.

It wasn't even that funny.

Don't laugh.

Before I could think properly, a snicker escapes my lips. I glue my lips together in a tight line immediately.

I look up only to see the burning eyes of the rogue. Leonard looms over me and a frown reaches my face.

Shit.

"Both annoying," he snarls. "Just like two peas in a pod."

A new voice joins in and adds, "That's something we can both agree on."

"Shut it, Emilio," Theo commands.

Then, for the first time Theo makes eye contact. He nudges his head to his right and keeps his gaze on me as if he was trying to communicate.

I narrow my eyes at him in confusion.

I keep my eyes on his lips as he parts them open to form the words, "Follow me."

His brows furrow together and his eyes widen in fear as gapes over my captor's shoulder. As if he was in a panicky state, he takes a low march back.

Leomord loosens his grip on me very slightly, confused by the situation he was put in.

Theo's acting might be A+, but my acting puts him to shame.

I gasp and buckle my knees to let Leomord hold my weight up so I would not fall to the ground.

"Oh my god!" I gasp out pointing to my left. Like an idiot, heads turn.

Work smarter, not harder.

Caught off guard, I feel his arms loosen enough for me to escape his hold. Before I realize, another hand reaches for me and wraps an arm around my waist.
As usual, familiar sparks dance on my skin.

Leomord growls at Theo, his fists clenching and unclenching. He meets Theo eye level only separated by the invisible boundary.

"You fooled me!" He snarls.

"Fools deserve to be fooled," Theo retorts, a devious smile on his face. "Only fools would fall for that trick."

I hear a shuffle to the right and an awkward laugh from Emilio.

Fools.

Leomord backs up and takes a deep breath in, then out. With his emotions finally in check, he calmly states, "Blood for blood."

I frown as a sadistic smile shows itself on Theo's lips.

"Blood for blood it is," he agrees.

My eyes skim over the area and I scoff at him in disbelief. When my eyes land on Talia, Giovanni, Felix, Emilio, and 5 other warriors, I watch them warily as their wolves take over them. It was almost as if they wanted this to happen.

Savages, I tell you.

I give Talia a little wave when we lock gazes. She rolls her eyes and moves her eyes away from me.

"Are you serious?!" I whisper-yelled to him.

"Yes, why?" Theo asks, genuinely confused.

"10 against a pack of 50 rogues?" I mutter loud enough for his ears to pick up.

"Eleven now," he jokes.

I pat his shoulder and ignore the arm still wrapped around my waist.

"Ha-ha. Good luck, handsome. By the way, you're still a jerk. Just give me a moment to run away and you're free to feed your hungry wolves," I tell him.

"Unless you want to be mauled by traps like last time, then I suggest you stay with me," he whispers to my ear.

"How do you know tha—," I question him in surprise only to be broken off by a threatening howl.

Theo reaches for my hand and a cool material touches my palms.

"Wha-," I look down on my palms and eyeball the pretty looking knife on my hand. Sparkly. Energy fills me and the sudden desire to use the weapon makes me numb to any other thoughts.

I grip the knife and run a finger over it's clean blade.

"I hope it's enough to do the work," he voices out.

"Fancy. Just how I like it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 20K 51
I closed my eyes ready for my death when I heard a very loud and dangerous growl, I swear I felt the ground under me shook by it. I opened my eyes qu...
5.5K 104 33
PROLOGUE Mates, simple word but have a lot of meaning behind it, it says mates were to protect each other love each other care for each other and the...
2.8M 49.9K 19
"You know you can't resist me much longer." He continued to trail kisses down my neck and jaw. I bit my lip to keep a moan from escaping. "I am yo...
127 1 20
"It's been a few years since my sister was transformed from a human to a Lycan. my two older brothers have found their mates and I'm glad for my sist...