Taken By The Bad Boy

By BookQueen2021

Raleigh Richards is now seventeen. She tries to make it through high school the best she can. But its hard wh... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Prologue
01 I'm Done
02 You Know The Story?
03 What Are You Talking About?
04 How Am I The Asshole?
05 Get Out
06 Well That Was Strange
07 It's All A Dream
08 I Have A Life
09 Pucker Up, Lover Boy
10 I Know More Than You Think
11 We Just Want To Talk
12 That's Two Questions
13 Oh God Yes
14 Why Should I Know?
15 Don't Lie To Me
16 You Died
17 We Are In This Together
18 As A Matter Of Fact, I Do
19 It's All Good In The Hood
20 We Have To Go
21 You're So Smart But So Dumb
22 Burn
23 Where's The Bloody Alcohol?!
24 These People Are Nuts
25 What A Plot Twist
26 Beautiful, isn't it?
27 I'm sorry, okay?
28 Did You Do It?
29 I Don't Trust You
30 Where Am I?
31 What If I Want To Fall?
33 Are You Some Sort Of Wizard?
34 It's Not Stalking, It's Investigating
35 Romeo & Juliet
36 Bonnie & Clyde
37 Tell Me A Story
38 They'd Kill You
39 Goodbye
40 It's Clean
41 I Think I'm In Love
42 Do You Still Love Me?
43 That's A Promise
44 I'm Not Delusional
45 That's Not Possible
46 I Want To Be Nine!
47 It Wasn't Self-Defense
48 We Are Meant To Be
49 Alright, Smart Ass
50 I Thought You Didn't Like Guns
51 We Are Like Yo-Yos
52 You Hate The Snow
53 Final Goodbye
54 Sounds Beachy
55 They Are Horny Animals
56 Fifty Shades Of White
57 Phantom Of The Bride
58 Rock Paper Scissors?
59 Finding A Place To Read
60 A Hundred Reasons
61 Shake What Your Momma Gave You
62 Always Keep Your Wife Happy
63 You Love My Filthy Words, Don't You?
64 Candy Land

32 Let Me Guess!

1K 41 2
By BookQueen2021

               ~Raleigh's POV~

      I wake up in my bed with my mom sleeping in a chair next to me. What-ISAAC! He drugged me! I start getting up, muttering to myself but I wake up my mother and she stares at me and then throws her arms around me. I hesitantly hug her back. I just need to find Isaac and give him a piece of my mind!

"Honey, where are you going?" My mom asks me as I get up and start going through my closet.

"To find him!" I tell her, tearing my closet apart looking for my backpack.

"Find who?" She asks and I sigh, looking at her. I take in her light blue bathrobe and her purple slippers with dogs on them. But she looks stressed and worried. She has every right to be stressed and worried. HALF OF OUR FAMILY IS STILL MISSING!

"Just a guy who drugged me and left me here."

"Why do you want to find him?"

"Because that dumbass can't just drug me and get away with it! That's why! I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!"

"Honey, you are in pajamas." My mother says, trying to hold in her laugh and I look down. Sure enough I'm in dog pajamas with matching fluffy socks. I ignore that and go through my closet some more. BINGO! Found the bag! I set it on my bed and start going through the pockets. Gun? Yup. Bullets? Yup. Back ups? Yup, yup. Rope? Yup. Hygiene products? Correct; got all of them.

"Raleigh? How are you going to find him?"

"Haven't gotten that far yet. But I'll figure it out." I admit, continuing my search. Knife? Yup. Backup? Yup. Water? Yup; got a few extras too. Snacks? Got them all. First-Aid Kit? Yes. Is it stocked? I open it and start going through it; indeed it is. Compass? Found it. Maps? Yup. Water straw filter? Yup. I think I'm set with that. I start going through my dresser to look for clothes.

"Matches? Flashlight? Money? Raincoat that had that thermo technology that keeps you warm and dry or keeps you cool? The pants too?" I hear my mom asks and I turn to see her going through my bag.

"This is why I can't live without you." I tell her with a smile as I grab the items I forgot and put them in my bag.

"Now get changed. I'll make you something before you go." She tells me as she leaves my room, closing my door. I swear I saw a tear slip out of the corner of her eye as she walked out but those drugs might not of worn completely off yet.

"Clothes. Clothes." I mutter to myself as I search. I find my camo bulletproof leggings with pockets, I put on a cotton camo tang top on and then put on my black bulletproof jacket that looks like leather. I put my hair up and out of my face. I add a few extra black hair ties to my backpack and some extra batteries for my flashlight. I put my black boots on and I tie them tight. I put a knife in between a piece of fabric that holds it against my calf without cutting me, I put a gun in my other one. I slide a small knife in the fabric between each of my wrists and put a gun on my lower back and my favorite hiding spot for my E.S., my electrical shocker which is in my bra. I grab my bow and arrows off of my dresser and sigh.

I look around my room of this house, which is not like the one I had a few years ago. This one has dark blue walls, nothing that I would choose and white trim. There are random pictures hanging up that my mom and the twins put up; they claimed it brought personality and brightness to this gloom room. My mom told me that I could paint it but I didn't want to tear it apart plus I thought I would've been home by now. Mom and dad keep telling me that this place is home but it's not. This will never be home; no matter what they say. It's all white carpet. This room is ugly and I hate it. I just need to leave. Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't but I can't stay here now.

I look at my phone sitting on the charger still and decide to leave it. All of the important pictures are stuffed under my pillows because they are the only thing that can make me feel calm after a nightmare. Even though I still cry every single night, clutching them to my chest. I can't bring them with me. I decide I could take one last look before I go. But then I remember what pictures they are and I think it's better to just walk away. Away from it all.

"Goodbye, family. Goodbye friends. Goodbye Liam." I whisper, leaving my room and closing the door. There's pain in my chest but I ignore it because it's time to move on. It's time to walk away. I go to walk downstairs when I see my parents ancient cat that they got before they had randy and I. Can't believe the poor thing is alive but she's doing great; the vet is always shocked when she's healthy. Snowball is so cute though, I love her.

"Is that Snowball?" My mom asks as I walk into the kitchen and sit at one of the bar chairs.

"Yeah." I tell her as I pet Snowball.

"Put her down, gently, so you can eat." I obey and set her carefully on the floor where she stretches and starts walking away to fall asleep a few steps away.

"Thank you." I tell my mom as she puts a plate in front of me and as soon as I see it, tears threaten to fall. It's a waffle with mint ice cream on it with chocolate syrup, crumbled Oreos, whipped cream and a cherry. My mom only makes these when we are having a hard day or it's a birthday or special celebration.

"I'm sure you are going to miss these." She tells me with a small smile, making her own. I nod my head and start eating, slowly, afraid that it'll be gone too quick. Once my mom is done making hers, she sits next to me and we just eat and talk, laughing at past memories.

      "What's the celebration?" My dad asks as he walks in giving my mother a kiss on the lips and he picks her up. She of course squeals and tries to get him to put her down; after a few seconds of twirling her around, he sits down with her on his lap. My heart starts to ache at the sight of my parents. They are so in love with each other and I guess it hurts because I'm not going to get that like she once thought. I remember she told me that he was my Ryder in a sense but look how well that worked out.

      "It's not a celebration." I tell him, eating some more. He looks at me confused but I just keep eating. My father then turns to my mother to get it out of her and she sighs, giving in. She starts to whisper it to him and when she's done, I know it because he starts yelling at me.

       "YOU'RE WHAT?!"

      "Dad, Don't make this harder for me! I have to leave! I can't stay here any longer with memories of my past life! My past self! My past family! I can't go on like this! I have to move on! But I can't do that here. Look, I know this is hard after everything we've all been through but please, this is for the better." I explain and my dad's eyes go from enrage to sadness.

      "I always knew this was going to happen. Honey, I love you so much, okay? I have a few things for advice for you. Don't chase something that isn't there; chase the right things and not the wrong things. Fall in love, be happy and when you are come find us. Even if you're sad, contact us. Be smart and be safe, okay?" My dad says, starting to tear up.

       "Dad, I love you. I'll try my best. You and mom have been the best parents I could've asked for. This has nothing to do with you."

      "What's going on?" Zoey asks as she walks into the kitchen with Zaya. Suddenly my hands get shaky and sweaty. This was a goodbye I wanted to avoid, like the one with my parents. No one says anything and I swallow the lump in my throat. They deserve to know though and I have to do this.

"I'm leaving." I breathe out and they both stare at me then shrug.

"See you in a few days!" Zaya tells me, going to the fridge and pulls out a smoothie she left there earlier.

"No you don't under-" I start but Zoey cuts me off.

"Finally some peace and quiet."

      "Wow, I see how it is." I mutter to her and she smirks.

      "Don't worry, I love you. I'm just playing. Although you are a bit loud." Zoey tells me, laughing a bit. Zaya takes a seat next on the couch about seven feet away from where we are sitting. Zoey hops up on the bar table next to me, swinging her feet.

      "So where are you going this time?" Zoey asks. Before I can answer her, Zaya beats me to it.

      "Wait! Let me guess! I'm going with...Egypt!"

       "Why would she want to go to Egypt?" Zoey demands.

      "Why wouldn't she is the better question! It's so rich with history and excitement!"

      "We have to get you out of the house." Zoey mutters to herself.

      "What was that?!"

      "Nothing!"

      "So where are you going?" Zaya asks me but once again I'm interrupted; this time by Zoey.

     "You didn't let me guess! I'm going to say Miami!"

      "Why would she go to Miami?" Zaya demands with the same tone that Zoey used with her.

      "Because Miami is fun, that's why!"

     "No. Definitely not."

      "Take that back! It's fun and you know it!"

     "I will not take back the truth!"

      "It's not the truth!"

      "JUST LET ME TALK!" I finally yell, snapping. For a few seconds no one says anything, not even me but then I find my voice.

"I'm...not coming back this time. I'm going to find a...a guy whom I met in the woods and he left me here so now I'm going to go find him. I had a connection with him and I can't stay here. After everything with...with...Liam; I just can't. I know that's dumb because we came here after Liam...um...anyways, but the more I stay here the more I see him. I know Ethan and I are trying to work something out but I can't anymore. He's wonderful and he have a connection but as friends. The things I feel for him aren't the things I felt for...for... Liam. Every time I look at Ethan, I see...uh... Liam. I can't live like this anymore. I need to get a fresh start and this guy can help me get that. He's really a character. I just need to go out, see the world, finally find love and be happy. I know I can't do that here when all around me I see my past, I see what I could've been and what I could've had. When I walk around this house I see Liam, I see all of our family and friends and I can't stand to see these ghosts anymore. They haunt me, okay? I see everyone here and I imagine if I go outside I'm back home and I'll see our mailbox that...Randy hit his first time pulling out of the driveway. I imagine waking up to race to the garage to beat everyone to get to school. I imagine the boys coming in my room during girl night and bothering us but we all secretly like it. I miss that. I miss my past life and I can't move on if I stay here with all these memories that haunt me everywhere I look. I know it's weird because I don't have memories here but I do. This house still has the same feeling and scent that our old one did." I admit. Everyone is speechless and I just pick up my things, tears threading to fall but I ignore them and start walking to the door. But another person stops me. Ethan.

"You're leaving? You didn't even think about saying goodbye?" Ethan asks, hurt.

"How much of that did you hear?" I ask, looking down.

"All of it." He says me and I sigh.

     "I'm so sorry, Ethan." I tell him, my tears betraying me and falling down my cheeks.

"Don't be. I...I never got over losing...Tillie, you know? That day still haunts me; it's like I can't get it out of my head. I just want to know where she is. If you...you find her, I need you to do something for me."

"Anything."

"If she's happy...and with someone else... leave. Just walk away and don't turn back. But if she's not with someone, grab her and bring her back to me. If she's...she's dying, make sure you tell her that I love her with all of my heart. But if...if you find her...dead, I... I need you to bring her back to me. S-So I can give her the funeral she wanted and deserved." Ethan orders some and I nod my head.

"Thank you." He tells me as he hugs me and I hold on for a minute or two before I let go. I walk back to my parents and the twins. But before I can give any of them a hug, I see my uncles start to walk in here.

"I'm hungry." Uncle Devan announces, wearing pink boxers and a Gary T-shirt. That is not something I wanted to see today. But my Uncke Scott walks in in pink spandex. Why? Just why? Lord give me strength.

"You just ate. But if you want something more, I guess I'll just have to give you this delicious d-" Uncle Scott says but Zaya interrupts.

"DUCK! You were going to say duck!"

"What? No! I was going to say dick! Why would he want a duck?!" He asks and Zaya starts gagging and muttering about how inappropriate that is.

"Okay, okay. Just shush your shusher! All of you!" My mother yells and then my father starts talking once everyone is silent.

"Raleigh has some important news she has to tell the rest of us."

"When I ordered all of you to shush your shusher, that means you too!" My mom mutters, making my father crack a smile on his lips, looking at his queen.

"O-Okay, so I already told everyone else, sorry Uncle Devan and Uncle Scott. But here it is...I...I'm leaving." I breathe out. To my surprise both of them start laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I demand.

       "Because you'll never leave! You don't have it in you!" Uncle Devan tells me. The only one between the two that can form words.

       "Yes I do!"

      "No, you want to know why? Because a part of you still thinks Liam is alive so you are going to stay here, thinking if he's alive he'll come here! But you're wrong! Liam is dead! He's not coming here! He's not coming back for us! Or for you! HE IS GONE!"

       "I KNOW THAT! THAT IS WHY I AM LEAVING AND NOT COMING BACK! BECAUSE THIS PLACE REMINDS ME OF EVERYTHING I WANT BUT CAN'T HAVE!" I yell, tears starting to fall down my face. The laughing stops and everyone stares at me for a few seconds. Uncle Scott walks over to me and hugs me tight.

      "I'm sorry boo. It's going to be okay, alright? You'll fall in love again, I promise." Uncle Scott tells me as he wipes my tears away. I hug him tightly, thankful for him.

      "She may fall in love again but will he be her soulmate?" Uncle Devan asks.

      "Maybe. Miracles happen everyday."

       "Yeah, not that strong of miracles."

      "You never know."

      "Okay, let the poor girl go so she can say goodbye to the rest of us." Ethan tells them, sounding kinda annoyed.

      "You got your goodbyes already." I remind him and he just shrugs.

       "GROUP HUG!" Uncle Scott yells and everyone huddles around us, holding each of us close with a giant hug. After a few minutes we start letting go and I grab my things. I walk to the door, not looking back but once it's open and I'm out of the frame, I look back. I look to see my family, the only people I care about that is left. I give them a small snails and form my hands into a heart as they do the same thing. Then I walk away, my head held high.

                     ~~~~~~~~

      "I hope I'm going in the right direction." I mutter to myself after what seems like awhile but the only way I have of knowing is the sunlight that seems like afternoon. I keep walking though, trying to be aware of my surroundings and who's around me.

A branch snaps from somewhere behind me and I grip my bow, slowly grabbing an arrow without turning around. Then I hear footsteps getting closer, I load my bow but still don't turn around. When they are running towards me, I whip around, aim but stop when I see who it is. He holds a knife but once he sees me aiming at me, he freezes too.

"ISAAC?! WHAT THE HELL?! YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A FUCKING HEART ATTACK!" I yell at him, lowering my weapon, I don't unload it though.

"RALEIGH?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" He demands. But I don't answer him because I'm so happy to see him. Even though he's wearing a ski mask, I can tell it's him. How? His body shape, his clothes and his eyes. He's wearing the same thing he was when he left me.

"Well, I came to give you a piece of my mind for leaving me! What are you doing? Also why the hell would you run at someone with a knife, why not just throw it?"

"What?" I ask him when he stares at me with shock. How do I know it's shock? His eyes say it all.

"Nothing. I just didn't expect that answer or that question. For your questions, I wanted to make sure the person stayed dead. I'm looking for someone too. Now as for your answer, give me a piece of your mind." The way he says the last part, makes my body do things that it shouldn't.

"Aww. You weren't looking for me? I thought I meant something to you."

"How often does that get you guys?"

"Not as much as I would like, but hey, at least I have you to drug all the creeps." I tell Isaac with a chuckle and he laughs too. We walk side by side with our weapons out, just Incase we come across whomever he is looking for.

"Where you just looking for me?" Isaac asks after a little bit of us laughing at random scenarios.

"Honestly? Yeah." I admit.

"Then why does it look like you left and aren't going back?"

"Because I need time away from...all of whatever that life is. Most of my family is gone, I live in a house that has memories of every thing that I lost. I couldn't do it any longer. I wasn't healing so I had to leave. I know I can't stay with you and whatever...you are involved with but I wanted to see you before I started a new life somewhere far from here."

"That actually makes a lot of sense. Good for you. I'll help you find a new place, if you'd like."

"Yes! Of course! Thank you!" I exclaim, grateful for his help.

"Yeah, no problem. Where do you want to go?" He asks me as he helps me up a really big rock. Both of us had put our weapons away for this huge thing because we knew we'd need both hands. I slip and let out a small scream but it doesn't last long because I feel Isaac's arms wrap around my waist. He pulls me safely back and I just keep my arms around him, holding him close.

"Are you okay?" He breathes into my ear, making me shiver and go into fantasy mode but I snap out of it when he puts his hands on my shoulders to start looking at me for any sigh of damage.

"Oh! Yup! I'm all good!" I promise as I back away from him. I start walking ahead of him, shaking my head for all these thoughts. I just met this man for crying out loud! I hear a few...words? I grab an arrow, load it and get ready too shoot once I find my target. I just listen.

"What are you doing?" Isaac asks me, confused but I shush him, trying to listen.

"They don't understand!" I hear someone yell. But I freeze; I don't aim my bow where the voice comes from because the voice is familiar. But where?

"Raleigh, I need you to get behind that tree, now. Do you understand?" Isaac asks me, worried but angry. I immediately obey him, but I keep my bow loaded and ready.

"Shh, they do understand, I promise you." I hear another familiar voice say. What's going on?! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?! I'm sorry, Isaac. I pray that he'll forgive me. I make my way to the voices, but I watch where I step but also where I am aiming. I find some bushes so I crouch down and slowly move them so I can see the people. When I see who it is, everything stops. It's Ria and Tillie.

They are alive. Oh my god. I have to get Tillie out of there! But I also have to kill Ria! SHE TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME! FROM LIAM! FROM MY FAMILY! Before I kill her, I should probably get her to tell me where everyone else is too. Yeah, that would be smart. So shoot Ria's leg and then her dominate arm? Yeah, sounds good.

I look to see her holding a knife her her right hand, that's the one that has to go! I take out another arrow and place it on the ground so I can easily get it in a few seconds. But I have to make sure she doesn't kill Tillie and I don't lose her. Ria is unpredictable but I have to take this risk. I can't lose anyone else and this is the only plan I have. I take a deep breath, aim and breathe out the same time I release the first arrow to the arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~3,902 words~

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for taking awhile but my teachers have this thing about giving us so much so we aren't bored but WHOEVER IS BORED CAN DO MY WORK! I HAVE OTHER STUFF TO WORRY ABOUT AND I AM BEHIND! Anyways, I hope all of you are staying safe and washing your hands! Please stay away from the public if you can! Stay 6 feet away from everyone you don't live with if you can't! This is a serious situation! Please don't be some of those people just going to the store to buy one thing and wonder the store! THAT IS NOT SAFE FOR ANYONE! Thank you! Thank you for reading this book! I love you all!

What do you think will happen next?

How do you feel about this chapter?

How do you feel about Raleigh leaving?

Where is everyone else?

Where did Isaac go?

Will Isaac be upset about Raleigh disobeying him?

Will Tillie be okay?

Will Ria die?

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!🧡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109 0 39
Warning MPreg! Theo and Nathan have a long history of hatred and it all started the day Theo was the new kid at Nathan's school. Almost 10 years lat...
5.8K 113 54
"No I'm not dealing with your shit." "No more tutoring sessions." "Deal." - Summer, a high schooler, at Parkview university. She's perfect, blonde, b...
7.3M 190K 44
When Charlotte agrees to fake date bad boy Mason to make her best friend and secret crush, Ben, jealous, she thinks it will be a simple arrangement...
173K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...