Small Talk (Niall Horan)

By criselr

Niall Horan has taken a keen interest on Twitter and Instagram during his time off. During one of his live se... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Epilogue
SEQUEL

Chapter 3

45.6K 950 2.8K
By criselr

After picking up my phone from the floor, because let's face it, when a celebrity sends you a DM, any celebrity, you're shocked so it's perfectly normal to drop your phone, I just stood there staring at the screen. I was in complete and utter shock, now let's add the fact that I had just spoken to him through his live session and that on top of that he had followed me. I just couldn't process everything at the same time, my life was pretty uneventful, I wasn't used to having these things happen to me, what a day.

When the initial shock was over, I opened the message to see what he had written.

N: Hi Sofia, I enjoyed talking to you today. He had sent the message 5 minutes ago. Holy shit. I wanted to reply quickly, to have a better chance of him answering me back. My fingers started to tremble as I responded, so I had to type the message about 7 times, because I kept pressing the wrong letters.

S: Hi Niall, I really enjoyed talking to you too, thank you! I hit send and immediately regretted it, the exclamation mark was too much wasn't it? Shit. There was nothing I could do, the message was already sent. Oh well, come what may, life goes on, I thought to myself. I exited the conversation quickly because people could see when you've seen their messages, and I didn't want to seem that desperate. I mean, let's face it, I was kind of desperate, but I wasn't going to let Niall know that. Thank god my chat history with him and the boys got deleted with an Instagram update about 2 years ago, it would have been embarrassing if it wasn't. I just started imagining what Niall would have thought about me if he'd open up my chat and a thousand messages came flooding in: I love you Niall, Niall please follow me back, Can't wait to see you again Niall. He never would have sent me the message he sent me, so thank god they got deleted. I remembered that I had my Instagram notifications turned off, but now that Niall was 'talking' to me, conceited much, I know, I decided to turn them back on, to be notified when he replied. Correction: if he replied to me. I think too highly of myself.

Not 3 minutes had passed when I got a notification: New message from Niall Horan. I hate that Instagram doesn't show you a preview of the message, or maybe that's just my phone settings, I'll have to check that. Being the girl that I am, I decided to wait about 2 minutes before opening the chat. Because you know what they say, you should make them wait. I was initially going to wait at least 5 minutes, but my anxiety got to me and I couldn't wait any longer, I mean, it was Niall Horan, the rules don't apply to him right?

N: Thank you for not being all like: I love you Niall, thank you for picking me and stuff like that. It was nice to have a pleasant conversation with someone and actually be able to speak to each other. Not just shriek, scream and giggle like other girls do.

S: No problem at all. I hate it when people are like that btw. I imagine that you get a lot of messages and have a lot of conversations just like those and it must be tiring. I responded, obviously omitting the fact that I was just really good at hiding my shrieking, screaming and giggling and actually waiting until the end of the conversation to do it.

N: Yeah, it's not that great to be honest. So you told me you're from Monterrey, Mexico right? If I recall correctly that's one of my last shows.

S: Yes, I think it's your first show in Mexico. And if I'm correct and you don't add any more shows, you're closing your tour in Mexico in December?

N: I won't be adding any more shows, 9 months of touring is a lot, trust me. Last tour wasn't this long, it was about 4 months long, this one resembles more to my One Direction tours, and those were pretty tiring. I will be closing my tour in Mexico.

S: I can't imagine what it's like being on tour for 9 months. I bet you miss your house and your routine. The most I've been away from home was two months and trust me, the last 2 weeks I was already eager to come back home.

N: Yes, but it's good that I have 'breaks' every two months. It makes touring life less hectic because I get to rest and go back home for about two weeks during each break, so that's great. Were you on a trip when you were away from home for two months?

S: Oh, it's great that you have breaks. If you had to tour for 9 months straight without breaks I think you'd go crazy. Well, not you per se, I mean anyone would go crazy. And to answer your question, yeah, well, kind of. It was an international summer program my high school offered, so I went to study to Madrid and Barcelona, and we also visited Paris and London which were great.

N: Anyone would go crazy, yeah. And that's awesome, I never got to have that experience. So how did you like London? I'm actually here right now.

S: It is one of my favorite cities. I fell in love with it since that first visit. I've only been twice but it's amazing, everyone is so nice, everything is so organized and the public transport is easy to use. So you live in London?

N: It's one of my favorite cities as well, here, Los Angeles and New York. And yes, I'm living in London at the moment, I have a flat here and also a house in LA, so I split my time between the two places.

S: You're kidding right? Those are my favorite cities too! Well those and Hershey, in Pennsylvania. It's this quaint little town and you guessed it, everything is chocolate themed, so of course I fell in love with that place. And that's great, how long are you staying in London?

N: I remember Hershey, I went there with the boys back in 2013 or 2014! We were there for one night only and I was so eager to go to the amusement park and the chocolate themed store and everything, but we didn't have any time :( It's still on my bucket list though. I'm here for another 3 days and then I have to travel to America, I need to get ready, because my first show is in Nashville, a week from today.

S: You do have to go to Hershey, it's a must. You'll love it there. And that's awesome, is there any particular reason you chose Nashville to start your tour? And how is Nashville btw? I've always wanted to visit.

N: Will do. And yeah, I chose Nashville because it is a major center for the music industry, so there was no better place to start my North American tour. Nashville is a great place, especially if you love music.

S: Oh, of course, why didn't I remember that haha. I'll have to visit then, I do love music. And I bet my brother would love it even more, he's even more into music than I am. Wherever he is, there's music playing. 

N: Really? That's awesome. So do you only have one brother? Because I only have one brother, his name's Greg and he's older than me.

Of course I already knew that, I'm a bit of a fan. But I wasn't going to tell him that, I didn't want to sound like a creeper, even though I was.

S: I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. I'm the oldest one, I'm 23. Then there's my brother Alex who's 21, then my sister Valentina, she's 17 and then my youngest brother Diego, he's 14.

N: Wow, I bet it's great having 3 siblings. Your house must never be empty or quiet.

S: It's all right I guess, it's not so great when your sister steals all of your clothes, even though she's much younger than you. But it's gotten better with the years, we used to fight all of the time, the 4 of us, just yelling at each other, throwing punches, it was madness. Thank god we've grown because I don't think my parents could stand it anymore.

N: Yeah, Greg and I fought all the time as well, but then when it came to having each others' back, we were always there for each other. So you still live with your parents? And I don't mean to sound rude or disrespectful or anything, I'm just wondering.

S: Oh yeah, we have each others' back as well. And no problem, ask anything you'd like. I do still live with my parents. Here in Mexico is not like in other places when the minute you turn 18 they kick you out of the house. Everyone always leaves their parents house until they get married.

N: So you're all freeloaders then? hahaha. that must be cool. My mom never got to kick me out of the house, because I left before I was even 18, but I bet she would have kicked me out by that time.

S: I guess you could call us that haha. It's kind of cool, because we get to save money and still get our laundry done and get fed. So it's perfect.

N: Of course, I would love to have my mom still do my laundry and cook my food instead of having to do it myself.

N: Sofia, could I ask you for your number? You don't have to give it to me if you think it's inappropriate, but I would really love to continue talking to you. I do get several DM's a day and my notifications are turned off, so I think it would be better by iMessage or Whatsapp or something.

Niall freaking Horan was asking me for my number!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey there guys! How are you enjoying the story so far? What do you think about Sofia and Niall? Do you like the story written in message type? I'll include more of that along with actual conversations so it doesn't get too boring. I'm really hoping you enjoy it and any suggestions and/or grammar corrections are more than welcome. Don't forget to follow me, vote and comment, it really helps me out and I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you're obsessed with 1D make sure to check my TikTok account, I upload daily vids of the boys, it's @cristylealr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 797 34
"and i ended a friendship on the day that i left and though i really meant it, it still makes me upset." 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the ex-member of a worldwide...
78.8K 1.4K 42
"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚" [Highest rankings] 1# in everywhere 1# in Oned...
443K 18.3K 34
Louis could feel Harry behind him, the hot breath on his neck and the soft hands upon his waist. "You know I do more than tutor, don't you?" Harry w...
60.3K 705 32
Everything Niall Horan related:) Jokes, Imagines and Short Story submission now taken;)