Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 54

399 25 7
By Veikari

There will be two chapters this week! As an apology because I had to skip one week earlier ^^ Thanks for all the support, comments, votes and reading this story!

-----------------------------------

That day, Freed spent most of his time at the guild house with Laxus who was, for the first time in years, just loitering around the Hall since he didn't really have any work to do. Erza was working as a master after all right now so he wasn't needed. So he mostly just sat beside the bar counter and looked around, talking with others and occasionally going to see Freed who was reading through the papers Baluhu had given them in the library.

The rune mage was hoping he could form a pattern how to read the runes in the book in some way after reading Baluhu's translation and then the texts in the book. Yet no matter how much he tried, he did not find any way to make it happen and everything in the book still looked complete gibberish in his eyes.

But he was slowly starting to understand why it happened. Every time he tried to read some parts again, it was almost like the runes slightly changed. The magic was tricking his eyes and forcing his brain to remember other symbols than the ones that were actually written on pages.

Outside, the flying competition arranged between Theo and the exceeds made everyone a bit curious, but it did not end really well. Actually it ended up to become a chaos as Theo and Happy got into an argument about if they were trying to cheat and Carla of course couldn't resist of scolding them, saying they were acting so juvenile. Panther Lily on the other hand tried to calm them down but once the fight started, there was no way to stop it. Not when there was a crowd of Fairy Tail members cheering on them and some even barged right in to join at the fight. In the end, they were just fighting, no one caring who started it or why.

Vellanja was laughing loudly as she, Felix and Chester were standing far enough so they wouldn't get harmed because of the brawl.

"Now we can't find out who's fastest", Chester said.

"Who cares?" Vellanja giggled, looking how Droy was howling in pain when Theo bit his ear. "This is just as much fun. Let's see who's the last one standing! Too bad dad isn't here, he would blast them all through the skies in no time at all!"

"Why isn't Gajeel here?" Felix asked looking how Kvestor was trying to sneak out from the battle, Jet stepped on his tail and in the next second the fluffy silver tabby exceed was clawing the poor man's face with angry hisses.

"He left with mom to see Porlyusica, they said I should stay here with Lily", Vellanja said.

"To see Porlyusica? Is something wrong?" Felix asked and he shuddered.

He couldn't understand why anyone would want to go see Porlyusica! Once, when he had broken his arm they had to go through that forest to see the old healer. Felix was honestly afraid of the old woman, she was so mean and never smiled! But she had helped to fix his arm, though... So guess she wasn't all that bad. And she has taken care of lots of injuries with other guild members too... But she was scary.

Vellanja smirked.

"Mom and dad told me I'll get a baby sister or a baby brother", she said proudly and Felix's eyes widened.

"What?" he asked. "How?"

"Mom said that the baby will grow in her stomach and then one day we can meet him or her."

"So you don't know if you'll get a sister or a brother?" Chester asked.

"Not yet. But you can't tell this to anyone yet! I told you because you know I'll beat you up if you won't keep your mouths shut!" Vellanja threatened and Felix gulped. He didn't want to fight with Vellanja.

"We won't tell if it's a secret", Chester promised. "You shouldn't have told this to us either."

This time Vellanja looked aside, maybe slightly blushing.

"But I wanted to tell you two", she muttered. "Since we're friends."

"We won't tell anyone", Felix assured with a smile. "Don't worry, Vellanja. But why is that baby growing in your mom's stomach?" he asked utterly confused and Chester was just as much clueless.

"I don't know", Vellanja had to say. "They didn't tell me. They said it won't show yet, but soon she will grow bigger as the baby grows."

They went silent and just kept looking how others were still fighting. For a little while later they finally started to calm down and one by one left the yard, heading back inside. No one was holding grudges and they were laughing, who was treating who with some beer or food.

"Are you alright?" Felix asked from Theo who looked ruffled up.

"It was really intense", the quirlat laughed. "People here are fun."

"That was just childish", Carla tisked as she had been standing aside as well, not wanting to take part of such a stupid occasion. But well, she did understand why they did it sometimes, it always seemed like it brought everyone even closer together and no one really got hurt. It was a way to hone up their skills as well, even though sometimes it did seem like none of them really knew what they were doing.

"Let's go ask if Mirajane could make us something really good to eat", Felix suggested and they nodded.

When they went inside, there was a whole another party going on. People were shouting and cheering as they stepped in the Hall, confused of what was going on. Felix looked around and he saw Freed who was talking with Laxus and Bickslow. So he had came out from the library!

"Mama!" he said quickly running to them with Theo, Chester and Vellanja who looked around. "What's happening? Why is everyone so happy?" Felix asked.

"Because we heard good news from Levy and Gajeel", Freed smiled to them.

"I better go talk with them!" Vellanja said quickly and she left.

"What's the good news?" Chester asked. It had to be something really good since everyone was so happy. They saw Levy and Gajeel talking with others and soon Vellanja appeared beside them, grabbing Gajeel's arm and she was effortlessly lifted up.

"They're gonna have a baby", Bickslow smirked. "They just told us, they went to see Porlyusica today."

"Oh", Felix and Chester said.

"We knew", Chester said and Felix nodded.

"How did you knew?" Laxus asked.

"Vellanja told us just now. It was a secret but she told us because we're friends", Felix explained.

"Well, it's not a secret anymore", Freed chuckled. "So now we can celebrate with them."

"I like that", Theophilius smiled. "They must be overjoyed because this."

"Is it really that big news?" Felix asked and he sat down at the table with Chester.

"Of course it is, they are really happy and I'm sure Vellanja is happy too because she can have a sibling", Freed assured.

"That ironhead beat me again, I was sure we would be first ones to celebrate", Laxus huffed slightly disappointed and Freed nudged his side with his elbow with a slight warning. They hadn't even talked with Felix yet about this and now was not the right time for it.

"Celebrate what?" Felix asked, obviously quick to notice that part.

"We'll talk about that later", Freed assured. "Right now we should have fun", he smiled, hoping that would make Felix forget about the matter for a while at least.

It did work, as Bickslow got up and grabbed the boys with him, his 'babies' giggling and they went to join others to a dance, Theo flying just behind them.

"We have to talk with him soon anyway", Laxus pointed out.

"I understand that, obviously", Freed huffed crossing his arms. "But I'd prefer it if we could do it at home when there will be just us."

"I get your point, it's too rowdy here", Laxus agreed, following how everyone started to dance around as the music started. Gajeel looked like he could burst because of all the joy and pride and Levy was talking with Lucy and others, beaming with happiness.

He had to be honest, he had really hoped that this time they could be the first ones to announce they would have another child. Tch, if Sting would be the next one, he would be really disappointed.

The Thunder God looked at his mate and Freed shook his head.

"No, Laxus", he said. "We won't go bother Porlyusica yet. We have an appointment in next week and she doesn't like it when we go and bother her when there's no reason to do so."

"Shit..." Laxus grumbled and now Freed chuckled amused, looking at his husband.

"We will find out soon, don't worry", he assured. "Once you notice something different with my scent – and it has to be sure it's different – the I'm sure we can go see her immediately."

"Do you think that... You know, that you'd definitely get pregnant because of the mating season? What if it doesn't work?"

Freed thought about it a moment.

"We can't be absolutely sure it worked", he supposed and Laxus snapped his orange eyes to the rune mage again.

"You don't believe it?" he asked.

"I didn't say I don't believe it at all. We just can't be one hundred percent sure, that's all. There are lots of things that have an influence on what will be the outcome. The magic, timing, how the season started, our bond -"

"Like hell there's something wrong with that!" Laxus almost roared angrily and Freed laughed.

"I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it", he assured patting Laxus' arm gently. "But we don't yet know everything, that's all I'm saying. We simply have to prepare to hear a negative answer as well, we can't help it."

"I just fucking hate it when you get so damn rational sometimes", Laxus said rolling his eyes.

"If it eases your mind at all, I too hope the answer will be positive", Freed smiled. "Everything has happened really fast and we had to make decisions hastily, but now that we have adjusted to this idea I really hope we don't need to be disappointed."

"It would suck", the lightning dragon slayer muttered. "So bad. I know there's nothing to worry about, because considering how powerful the last season was, we're gonna have a kid now as well."

"But even that little amount of uncertainty is enough to cause uneasiness, I understand that. It's not like you're the only one to worry, Laxus. But I'm sure we will learn soon how things are."

Laxus nodded and they just looked what others were doing. Freed couldn't help it that he had to smile because how Laxus acted. He was more nervous than he admitted, it just told Freed that this meant so much to the Thunder God. Without a doubt, they had made the right decision and Freed was happy because things went so well.

At least for now. It was still true that they couldn't be absolutely sure how things would end up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.1K 52
Freed Justine X Reader ♧ Y/n has been searching for her master for years but hasn't found a clue. She is a wizard and member of Fairy Tail. Fri...
1.7K 6 40
So I tried to write a million stories, but this has been in the works for a while. This story is 18+. Most of the fairy tale characters will be in th...
37.3K 1K 43
After getting out of a toxic relationship, Lucy Heartfilia goes home to Magnolia to escape California and memories of her old boyfriend. Is it a coi...
98.8K 1.9K 30
What if there was a next generation of Fairy Tail? What if they all had gone back to the past? What will the future parents do? How can the next gen...