Shadows

Von AngelofThorns

Abused, Neglected, Hated, Unwanted... Alone... These are the words that Victoria Cruz chooses to describe her... Mehr

Shadows
Punishment
London
Suicide or Escape?
Prison or Safe Haven?
Meet the family
Rules
Exploration
Revelations
Meetings
Friend or Foe?
Offers and declarations
Questions and Answers
Home
Family and Truth
Departure
The Istrati household - my new home
An invitation
I believe you're familiar with the waltz?
Lost
Smothered
Dance
The ball
Thirst
Awakening
Speculation
Guildford
Truth
Date
Prophecy
Departure
Keys and locks
Meeting the King
Twins
Jewels
Training
Surprise
Confrontation
Gift or Curse?
Hunters
Explanation
A little help
Protection
A New Path
Reunion
Let the Games Begin
The Long journey
Plans and Allies
Time to Fight
Blood and War
The End or the Beginning

Trip

459 15 0
Von AngelofThorns

 I didn’t sleep much through the night; instead I was plagued by images from my past, mainly of the torment and abuse I’ve put up with. My nightmare did however change and return to the dream about when me and Serena were younger. It was strange, it felt so real to me… more of a memory than something of my imagination… but that wasn’t possible, or was it? I don’t remember anything about my childhood… but to have her covered in blood? No it was crazy.

  As soon as the sun had begun to rise, there was a knock on my door. Groaning and cursing him for calling so early I slugged my way over to the door, once it was open there he was… leaning slightly around the corner and smirking once he saw that I was still in my pyjamas and had very messy hair

“Well don’t you look perky” he mocked

“Piss off Dante” I grouched, turning around and heading over to the vanity cabinet to do my hair and makeup

“Not a morning person are you?”

“No I’m not, especially when it’s not even dawn” I snarled at him

“Early bird catches the worm Vicki” I felt two arms reach around my neck as he began to hug me, nestling his head on my shoulder “And I’ve caught you” that made me chuckle, but I shrugged him off

“Go and sit down on my bed or something, I’ll be a while getting ready and with you… distracting me I won’t be able to do much” he slumped down on my bed and began to laugh

“Never thought YOU would be ordering Me about Vicki”

“Shush you” I gushed

  It must have been at least two hours before I was finally ready, My hair was curled and I had put some liquid liner on at the request from Dante as he thought it would bring out my eyes, which resulted in me laughing at his femininity. I wore leggings, black ankle boots, purple long sleeved top which was covered by a knee length black woolly jumper… well they don’t call them the dark beings for nothing.  

“Well” I said, giving him a twirl “What do you think?”

“I think that women spend far too long getting ready” I placed my hands on my hips and scowled at him “Are you sure you’re ready?”

“Positive” I smiled.

  Once we were in the car, the nerves began to really sink in, what would they do when they saw me? Would they laugh, cry or yell? Would they show any emotion at all? Sensing my nerves, Dante reached over and grabbed my hand, his jade eyes twinkling in the dim morning light

“Are you sure Vicki?”

“Can’t turn back now” I replied, squeezing his hand in hopes to reassure myself as much as him

“Ready?” I said nothing but nodded at him, releasing his hand from mine I turned my head to the window, wanting to clear my mind of all the doubts and fears and replace them with what I wanted to say… what was I going to say? As far as most were concerned back home, I was either kidnapped or murdered. It was sad to think that there hadn’t been more of an effort to track me down or find more information; the news was more occupied with framing convicts and talking about the recession we were currently in rather than any news about my whereabouts or any appeals for me… it was like I either never existed or was never cared much for in the first place.

  Once we were on the road I began to feel better, the gentle vibrations of the car touching the road beneath us felt very soothing, made me forget slightly of where we were heading.

“You alright?” he asked, grabbing my hand

“I’d feel better if you slow down” I smiled sheepishly, glancing at him I saw the corners of his lips curl into a very wide, teeth baring grin

“No can do Vicki, it’d take us all night to get there otherwise”

“What if you get caught on camera?” he raised a brow “What?”

“False plates” he grinned “I’ll pull over soon”

“Why?”

“So you can hop in the back and take a nap, precides I need to hunt”

“You went hunting yesterday though?”

“The only human I have been around is you Vicki, and by god I’ve wanted some of your blood, but how difficult do you think it is going to be to control the thirst when I’m around your entire family and neighbours?”

“I didn’t think about that, I’m sorry” he squeezed my hand

“Don’t be”

“How come you can drive in the sun?”

“The car Is fitted with UV filters, so therefor I don’t actually get all crazy when the sun hits my eyes” he chuckled to himself “And to think, humans somehow came up with a myth that we burst out in flames”

“To save yourself hunting, would you…” I shook my head, not wanting to finish that sentence

“Would I what?”

“No, it’s nothing” I let go of his hand and turned to face the window “Concentrate on the road”

   As the sun began to rise higher in the sky, I knew that the hunt he needed was fast approaching. Every time I stared at his hands on the wheel they were firmly clasped, his eyes wide and a there was even a bead of sweat trickling down his forehead. He was mustering all the control he had so that he would not whip around and bite me, which I almost gave him the opportunity to do… one I would not be thinking of for a while.

“I’m gonna pull over here” he muttered, not once looking at me. He pulled into a very narrow and eerie looking mountain road. I knew that it was the perfect place; it was discreet and hidden away from passers-by… although I don’t think anyone had been up here in a long time, not that they would want to be either. Once parked we both got out of the car, I walked over to the back seat and plonked my arse down, whilst he went off on his hunt, I knew that I wouldn’t sleep or sleep much, simply because I couldn’t shake the nerves of going to see my family, and the fact I was about to take a vampire with me. I shrugged my jumper off and bared the cold; I needed something to act as a pillow if I was actually going to take a nap. Sprawling out on the back seats, I folded the jumper up and shoved it behind my head. I rolled on my back so I could face the window, they were quickly steaming up from the ‘heat’ of my body, compared to cold outside which I was bloody well feeling at the moment!

  I didn’t want to think about what was happening to those poor animals back there, but it was foolish to be afraid or feel disgusted…  I knew what there kind did. I knew that it was animals or humans in this case, he was sensible to hunt animals. If I thought he was barbaric then that must mean the butchers that provide the meat for humans were saints! Shrugging off the fresh wave of shivers that just coursed down my spine; I turned over again, curled my body into a foetus position, closed my eyes and prayed to God that everything would turn out ok, that I would finally understand and that no one would be hurt.

  Once more the familiar and frightening faces scanned through my head as I began to dream, the dream shifted to where it left off last time, I was cowering over a frightened Serena, her eyes wide and her body bathed in blood. I smiled as I realised it was all hers. It then changed from where it had last time and shifted so that it was in a third person’s perspective… there I could see it from the beginning. We were playing with either Cindy or Barbie dolls, laughing or giggling as you would expect. Suddenly I just froze, my hands were shaking around the tightly squeezed head, and Serena reached over, asked if I was ok and should she go find her mom… I shook my head and grinned, eyes wide and looking a little more than crazy.

“Do you want to play a game” the smaller version of myself croaked

“Sure, what is it?” she didn’t smile and neither did she touch me

“I want to play Monster” Serena’s breathing had increased, she frightened of me… who wouldn’t be if you were that little and your friend started acting weird “But, I’ll be the monster ok?” before she could answer I spun around and lunged at her… at her neck, Serena let out a tiny yelp but she could not scream… suddenly there was the blood, lots of blood! I wasn’t stopping either. What the hell was going on!? Serena wide eyed and petrified somehow mustered the strength to kick me off, I flew back and landed with a crack, I was going to feel that in the morning that was for sure. Staring at the younger version of myself I began to feel sick… my mouth, neck and chest were covered with blood, her blood! I wanted the dream to end, willed it to be over, wanted it to stop, but it wouldn’t… instead I was forced to watch more. I abruptly sat up and reached for my head, looked down at my body and gasped… was I actually surprised at what just happened? The younger me decided to walk over to Serena and ask what was wrong… as you can guesse all she did was scream at me to get and go away. When I didn’t stop Serena let out a ear piercing scream, her mother walked in and also joined the screaming… she walked over to me, smacked me full force across the face, called me a bunch of names, demanded to know what happened which neither of us was able to explain or talk to her about, but whilst crying she then went to check Serena. Taking one last look around the place, I was horrified… a lot of toys etc. were covered in her blood.

   Once awake I opened the door, leaned over the seats and spewed the contents of my stomach up… that was a seriously bad nightmare. What the hell did any of it mean? Was it a mixture of my hatred for Serena, mixed with the fact I had been surrounded by Vampires for almost two months… maybe. But it felt so real to me, so terrifyingly real. Once my stomach felt empty I pulled myself up, shut the door and flopped out. I was bathed in cold sweat. Shivering, I decided to put my jumper back on. I didn’t know how long Dante had been gone, but I assumed a while as the area surrounding us was growing ever more dim and cold. Climbing in between the seats I cursed that jackass once I noticed that he had taken his keys with him… and I needed those in order to turn the heating on!

“Surprise” I screamed and instinctively slapped him across the face, he didn’t flinch but the smile on his face quickly changed into a pout “Ouch Vicki, that really hurt” he mocked

“You…Asshole!” I breathed, clutching my chest “You almost gave me a heart attack!”

“Sorry” he chuckled, running a hand through his wind swept hair “What’s with the sick outside by the way?”

“I threw up”

“I guessed that Sherlock” he smirked at me, raising a brow “But I’m asking you why?”

“I had a very vivid and very horrible nightmare” I blushed “But I don’t want to talk about it” I muttered, climbing between the seats until I was able to slump down in the passenger’s side. Not even a moment passed before he was sitting in the driver’s.

“You ready?”

“As I’ll ever be” he leaned over to me, our lips were an inch away, I could still smell the blood and instantly the bile rose to my throat, covering my mouth I turned away from him, opened the door and upchucked whatever was left

“Am I that repulsive?” once I was done, I sat up and looked at him

“Blood… I can still smell the blood” he inhaled sharply “Don’t” I warned

“Sorry, but why does it make you gag so much?”

“I don’t know” I lied, the dream’s started the vomiting “I really don’t, I’ve been like this for almost as long as I can remember” he shrugged his shoulders and started the engine up “I haven’t offended you or anything now have I?” I bit my lip

“No, don’t worry” he smiled weakly, I knew I had...but I didn’t want him to know about the dream I keep having. It wouldn’t be long til we were back in Shere, only God knows what was going to happen. I was certainly not looking forward to it.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

56.7K 2.4K 28
She thought she had a perfect life. She was happy and carefree. She felt she couldn't ask for anything more... Till He came into her world. Or rather...
571 77 14
" If everyone hates darkness then why was it created ?"- Victoria Thompson 24 years old psychiatrist the main character of the story having this que...
369 33 31
She just wanted to be alone...she didn't want the responsibility...not after everything her father went through...when happened to him...and now she...
129 2 23
**Sequel to The Broken Wolf** Kayla's peaceful, solitary existence crumbles when a sudden attack thrusts her into a world of supernatural chaos. Vamp...