teenage dirtbag || percy weas...

By indiana_jonesey

Ophelia, or Lee, as she preferred, was a rebel. Not a Wizarding rebel. She wasn't really a fan of the dark a... More

starlit smoke
copper skies
chapped and chaste
a "happy" home
faking it
the bottle makes five
playing nurse
well this is it now
enter stage left
kiss from a rose
i'm not planning on riding solo
from across the bar
dance with me
crazy little thing called love
for the next illusion
ruthlessly kind
saying goodbye is the hardest part
what a way to make a living
nothing to do, nowhere to go
time's a changing
underpaid and overworked
take these broken wings
two steps foreward
one step back
everbody get down
not dead yet
all apologies
when the rain starts to pour
a walking travesty
the dog dies in this one
hgtv is lying, buying a house is boring

when i say shotgun, you say

4.6K 191 39
By indiana_jonesey

Lee's life had returned to an awkward mix of normal and weird.

Working as an Auror became routine, just like training had. She came home just after Percy, who would be working on dinner.

They would eat and talk. Then they would go to the lounge to do whatever they felt like that night. Sometimes they both read. Sometimes they watched a film, as their apartment was far enough away from magical communities that electronics worked without exploding. Sometimes their activity was a bit more, intimate.

Lee had gotten used to the routine.

But then the weirdness of being pregnant was added to the mix.

Sometimes she forgot.

It's not like it was obvious. There wasn't a bump, and she didn't suddenly feel overly maternal. If anything she was scared. Lee had never been around a baby in her life. At least Percy had the experience of younger siblings.

Percy didn't seem scared. If anything he was excited. He had shown her listing of houses that they could live in. He had bought books on parenting, and read them all.

But Lee didn't feel the same.

She felt a little guilty for not sharing the excitement. It was her first child after all. Shouldn't she be ecstatic?

If she was being honest, and she would never admit this out loud, Lee couldn't see herself as a mother.

It was just so foreign.

And she didn't have the best mother for a role model. Sure there was Mrs. Weasley, but Lee wasn't the homely type.

A small part of her feared that she would resent the kid. It wasn't exactly her ideal situation. To have a child at 20, with an impending war on the horizon, and no contact with family.

Lee wanted to tell Mrs. Weasley. Tell her and ask her for advice. Tell her and receive comfort and get little booties at Christmas, knitted by the woman herself.

Lee wanted the woman, who had become a mother to her, to be there.

But of course, there was the fiasco about the Minister.

Lee wished they knew how much they needed this. Lee and Percy wouldn't have been able to survive without his job. With their combined income, they could get a house and support their family.

But the Weasleys didn't care about that. They were much more concerned with the Minister's corrupt politics.

They had seen Percy leaving as him abandoning his family. It made Lee angry. They had so see sense soon.

_______

The first time it happened, Lee didn't know what to do. She barely even knew what was happening.

Lee had been sitting at her desk at work, her long shift nearing its close, when she felt the baby move for the first time.

She had stopped everything immediately. A few drops of ink from her quill fell as her body was frozen.

Then she felt it again.

Lee snapped out of her frozen state and put down the quill. She took her hand and placed it on her stomach.

She was now 18 weeks in, and it was getting a little noticeable. Lee wouldn't be able to hide it from the Order much longer without concealment charms. Concealment charms that she wasn't allowed to use because it was 'bad for the baby'. Baggy clothes could only do so much.

The sudden movement stirred something within her. It was kind of like proof.

Before it had all seemed like an elaborate hoax. Now it was real.

Lee anxiously waited for the clock to strike six, meaning she could leave.

She thought the time would never come, but sure enough, it did.

Lee almost ran to the apparition point.

Popping home, she was met with a familiar smell. Her stomach rumbled instinctively.

"Honey, I'm home," Lee called out dramatically.

Percy of course, did not understand her reference. Lee briefly considered getting a telly. He really should know about some of the muggle world. Beyond Mr. Weasleys obsession.

"In the kitchen, Lee," he called out.

Percy was leaning against the counter sipping from a wine glass. A large pot bubbled away on the stove. Pasta.

"I'm so fucking jealous of you right now," she scowled, opening the fridge. She looked at the contents blankly, before shutting it dissatisfied.

"And why would that be?" Percy raised an eyebrow playfully.

"Because you can just, I dunno," Lee huffed. "Just stand there, drinking to your hearts content. Looking like, a-a fucking domesticated James Bond."

She groaned, leaning her head against the fridge.

"I just want butterbeer again," she pouted.

Percy tried to hide the amused look on his face. He always was terrible at poker.

"I'm sorry," he said sincerely. "I didn't think about that. I'll stop."

Lee looked at him through half kidded eyes.

"Until I can drink too?"

"However long you need me to," he said.

Lee nodded. "Okay."

"Okay," Percy smiled. He leaned over, giving her a kiss on her temple. "Dinner will be ready in a few minutes, if you want to go change."

Lee just hummed with a nod. She walked out of the kitchen, leaving him to his own devices.

Lee quickly changed out of the formal clothes she wore to work. She slipped on some sweatpants and a t-shirt, plus a flannel to keep her warm. She almost smiled, thinking the ensemble to be very similar to one her brother would wear.

Dinner was nice. Percy was an excellent cook. Lee didn't know what would have happened if he weren't. No one could survive only eating takeout.

"So I was thinking," Lee began, swirling her fork in the bed of pasta noodles. "That I wanted to tell my parents."

Percy didn't say anything. He barely moved.

"I, well, I know that they're kind of shite," she continued, "but I want them to know. They, they should know."

"If that's what you want to do, then I support you," Percy said.

"I also thought it'd be nice to have someone," she said meekly. "'Cause I don't think we can do this all alone, Perce."

He nodded, moving his eyes from hers.

"I know."

"They'll come around," Lee reassured, touching the hand that rested on the table. He took her hand in his. "I just want them, like as a back up. Just in case."

Percy didn't respond. He was quiet the rest of the night.

_______

Lee waited anxiously outside of her childhood home. It wouldn't be that bad, right? She cringed thinking about the last time she was in the house. Over a year ago.

The door opened. Her mother looked as pristine as ever. The woman was fairly vain, and cared a great deal about others opinions.

"Ophelia?" She said, shocked.

"Hello, Mum," Lee gave a weak smile. She wished she hadn't told Percy to stay home.

"Would you like to come in?" The older woman stepped back.

Lee nodded and stepped inside.

"Would you like some tea?" She asked, already making her way towards the kitchen. "I just bought some new Earl Grey from a fancy shop down the street."

"Sure, thanks."

Lee sat at the table and waited for her mother to make the tea. The woman brought over an entire tray. Why so proper?

"How have you been?" Her mother asked tentatively. Like she was afraid of saying the wrong thing.

"I've been better," Lee shrugged, taking a sip. "Look, Mum I-"

"I'm so sorry," she interrupted with a sob. "I should have never said those things to you. I was a terrible mother. I should have supported your magic instead of turned you away because of it."

Lee was surprised, of course. The woman in front of her was known to be stubborn.

"And then, when you left," her mother continued. "I was so scared I had lost my last child. I thought I would never see you again. And I just couldn't bear it."

Lee didn't know how to respond. She had expected distant behavior, not remorse.

"I'm here now," she said quietly. "I-I need you right now, Mum. Me and Percy need you."

"You two are still together?" She asked, wiping at her tears. "I always liked that boy."

"Me too," Lee smiled. "He and his family had a falling out, of sorts. Now it's just us."

"That's terrible," her mother frowned. "What happened."

"That's a long story."

"I'm here to listen now."

So Lee told her all about the last year. How they had reinstated the Tri-Wizard Tournament, and how Harry Potter had been entered. How a boy had died and now the big bad wizard was back.

"He's like the wizarding Hitler, Mum," Lee explained. "He and his followers want people like me to die. Because we're not worthy of our magic."

She told her mother how the Ministry of Magic did not believe Harry. How Percy had taken a job with the Minister.

How his family had accused the Minister of hiring him for information. How they didn't realize how much they had hurt him.

"They were so important to him," Lee growled. "And they just abandoned him, abandoned us."

And now it was time for Lee to reveal her big secret.

"And it was the worst time, because we needed them more than ever," Lee sighed. "I'm pregnant, Mum."

The woman drew in a sharp gasp, putting a hand over her heart.

"Oh, dear," she whispered. She didn't say much more.

"I know," Lee snorted. "A bit of a shock, right?"

"Are you two going to get married?" Her mother asked. "That is the proper thing to do."

"Molly would have said the same thing," Lee smirked. "And no, not yet, anyways."

"Ophelia, think about it," she insisted.

"I have thought about it," Lee snapped. "And I want the Weasleys to be there. Percy deserves that. And I'd prefer to be out of a war."

Her mother nodded, though a bit disappointed.

"How mad do you think Dad will be?" Lee asked with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, he'll be furious."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 156 21
She retracted her hand from my grasp, and placed it against my cheek delicately instead. "I'm sure, I'm just worried I won't be good. I've never," sh...
181 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...
9.1K 7 1
(𝐧.) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. ❝𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒚.❞ ...
211K 6.8K 40
Percy is a wizard, he went to a wizarding school in America though he was expelled when he was 14 but didn't mind because he had to do demigod things...