Shine✨ | +×+ Yeonjun

By sangyeob_ssi

Imagine having a crush on your best friend... More

PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
*✉️*
05
*✉️*
06
08
*📝*
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
*✉️*
16
EPILOGUE
update 2022

07

1.1K 44 9
By sangyeob_ssi

2nd May, 2017

After the program, Yeonjun and Soobin came up to you guys.

Yeonjun directly to you...you felt nervous. Him with all his suit and tie...and you in your pyjamas.

"Didn't make it, Y/N," he came to hug you with a (dramatic) puppy face.

"Well, that's your fault. Why didn't you tell me you were going to be a candidate?"

"Because I knew what you would think"

"What would I think?"

"‘Yeonjun...you're so weird...student president? Omg...that's so not you’," you both chuckled at his words, "you'd say all those things to me again"

"Exactly," you laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, very funny"

"Y/N?" Soobin interrupted after being congratulated by the others.

"Oh, hey"

"Sorry to interrupt but...I have something to ask...personally to her, Yeonjun"

"Okay, I'm out," Yeonjun put his hand away and joined the guys.

"So, uh, congrats, first of all," you made a start.

"Thanks"

"So...what is it you are trying to ask me?"

"Well, you're friends with Yuna, right?"

"Yup"

"I guess you're in the same section"

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Okay, just make a guess and believe it. But don't tell anyone, okay? I'll talk to you again later"

"Okay...so it's legal to guess?"

"Sure"

It was only at home when I then realised he likes Yuna

____________________

3rd May, 2017
The next day after school...

You went to the washroom before going home...alone. After you came out, Lia, Ryujin and Chaeryoung barged in...

Lia
So now you're on with Soobin?

Y/N
Huh?

Lia
First Yeonjun, then Taehyun, and now Soobin? I saw you with him last night.

Y/N
So what? Are you jelly? I was just talking to him, okay? Stop making it sound really big.

Lia
Well, you won't anymore since I'm the new student VP.

Y/N
You don't have to brag about it, you know. It doesn't work on me.

Ryujin
Hey, don't think we'll start being nice to you just because you're friends with Yuna, okay?

Y/N
Sure, that's quite fine with me. You being nice? That'd be embarrassing.

Chaeryoung
Sure you've got some nerves.

Y/N
And stop mentioning the ‘Yuna’ thing. You guys are not really her friends.

Chaeryoung
What do you mean, not her friends?

Y/N
You're not meant to use her. She told me everything.

Chaeryoung
Well, how do you know you can trust her?

Ryujin
We've been with her for a whole freaking year, okay? And you? What even makes you believe that she'll be honest to you?

Y/N
And what do you know about her attitude towards you guys last freaking year?

Yeji
Pardon? Oh...perhaps you didn't see me creeping in. (Yeah, you didn't)

Y/N
Would you guys just leave me alone? Why do you keep following me?

Yeji
No, no, we weren't following you, Y/N. I just came to warn you...don't stay near those boys, they're dangerous for you.

Y/N
(Laughing) Oh well, I never knew in my life when Yeonjun was dangerous.

Yeji
Now don't act like you know him really well. I've known him for 11 years, okay?

Y/N
Well...what about my 14 years?
What? Don't believe me? Then go ask your love...he'll give you the same answer.
Now excuse me

You passed through them, knocking Yeji and looked back before you left, "And yeah, he's just my friend. So don't disturb me anymore...or Yuna," and you left.

Lia
What now?

Yeji
Just wait for it...it's gonna rain

And it did...pouring so heavily. So you went to the umbrella rack...but there was no umbrella of yours.
Where could it have possibly been? No idea.

Looks like I'll have to go home wet today. I thought I brought it. Isn't this great? Yeah, really great...I forgot to bring umbrella and forgot that I forgot it...awesome, I'm so proud of myself.

You kept cursing yourself as you walked home.
If you catch a cold, blame yourself, Y/N, blame yourself. You knew beforehand that it's raining and you still dare to forget it. Now it's not a rain anymore...it's literally a waterfall. You deserve it, Y/N. So many little things to ruin the day.

And what's worse is that reaching home, the door was locked.

So you waited for an hour under the rain...alone. Even your house helped the rain by not providing any shelter. Of course there's a fever ahead.

Meanwhile...

"Why did I forget my umbrella?" Yeji exclaimed loudly but Yeonjun didn't heard her.

So she repeated, "Oh gosh! It's raining...oh, Yeonjun, do you mind dropping me home, please? I'll get sick in this weather"

"Well, you brought an umbrella, right?"

"No, I didn't. Please, Yeonjun...I can't get sick"

"Urhmm, well...okay"

"Thank you so much, Yeonjun"

"No problem"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"Have you known Y/N before?"

"Uh...yeah"

"For how long?"

"Well, how old is she? She's 14 right?"

"Yeah, I guess"

"Then I've known her for...yes 14 years"

"Oh...okay"

"Why do you ask?"

"Just curious"

"About her?"

"Maybe"

"Why?"

"Well, no, I mean...I was curious about you. I want to know you better"

"Uh..look, I'm...a little bit in a hurry. What about you just take this umbrella home? I just remembered something important at home. Sorry," and ran away.

"Wait!" but he didn't stop, "Darn it! This umbrella does me no good. I've got one myself!"

Fifty nine minutes, one hour already. Where the hell is mom?

Oh here she is, finally.

"Y/N!"

"Where were you? I've been sitting here for an hour"

"Where's your umbrella?"

"Someone sucked it"

"Y/N..."

"I DIDN'T EVEN BRING IT!"

"Then come on inside. You'll get sick"

"I already am!" and you both marched in.

"It's because I thought you had an umbrella.
And you're home so early today"

"How could I forget it? It was in my mind the whole night"

"I think you forgot it at school. I'm sure you brought it...I still remember you holding it"

"Yeah, but it wasn't there when I went to look"

"Maybe someone mistook it as theirs, someone who left earlier?"

"Wait..."

"You remember something?"

WTF!!!! YOU...YOU'RE SO DEAD!!!

4th May, 2017

Despite your thousand prayers last night, you woke up with a heavy head. How could it not have been after walking under the rain for thirty minutes and sitting under it for an hour?

And worse is, the someone behind all these.

7:00 a.m. :

"Y/N, how are you feeling?" your mom came.

"My head is bursting. I don't think I can go to school"

"I knew you'd say that"

"No, mom, it's for real this time. You can check my temperature if you don't believe me"

"Okay, okay. Have some more sleep. I'll give you breakfast later, then"

8:00 a.m. :

"Here"

"I don't even feel like eating"

"You have to, or the medicine won't work"

Food really tastes gross with fever.

8:30 a.m. :

"Okay, I'm done"

"Here, take this pill"

And without a word, you went back to sleep.

____________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 200 23
in which they loved each other, but could never be forever. right person, wrong time. 최범규 | choi beomgyu. lowercase intended | 2022 © minieberry_
243K 11.7K 50
hello, beomgyu. how are you doing? do you still remember me? it's me. i'm still waiting for you. i'm still holding on to your promise. [ 𝚃𝚇𝚃 𝙵�...
21.4K 1.1K 40
How can one wrong message change everything? Unknown Soobin hyung likes you
39K 2K 60
Love is a crazy thing but still we search for it. When you thought you found the one but it turns out you're not suppose to be together. Or when you...