Sex and Radio (Book 2)Complet...

Per mercifulmeh

Callie: The past is the past, right? Or so they say, or whatever. I've let mine define me for the past five... Més

Welcome
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
Epilogue

17

23.8K 1K 122
Per mercifulmeh

Callie's POV

I held tight to Bodhi’s hand like a lifeline. Cracking his fingers under the pressure of my insane grip. My legs shook with every step I tried to take. I wobbled like an unprepared sailor on a rocky ship. Drifting in the relentless ocean filled with angry waves, crashing against me, knocking me from side to side. Dizzying my overactive brain. I groaned, trying to right myself before the inevitable meeting I was about to face. The dizziness of my concussion and the faces of my parents were enough to send bile up my throat. If I puked, could I get out of telling them anything? A girl could dream....

My parents waited for us in the living room on pins and needles. I could practically taste the anticipation and anxiety in the tense air. They impatiently waited for us to come to them as they whisper-bickered with each other. They waited on me to open my mouth. They wanted me to spill the beans on what took place last night. They’d want to know what set it all off and what I told the cops. 

My parents deserved an explanation straight from me about everything. They deserved to know what Zane did to me when I was 17. But I wasn’t sure I was ready to open the dark box burning a hole in the back of my brain. I had held it down by heavy chains and straps for so long; it wasn’t easy to pry it open. Holding this horrific pain inside for so many years tied my tongue more often than not. Once you put your pain into a box in the back of your brain and tried to move on, it was hard to let go. For the sake of my parents, I needed to do it. I needed to break the chains and let my past of shadows spill out into the open. Only then would I set my pain and suffering-free. Only then would my soul soar free. 

We walked down the hallway at a slow pace. Bodhi hesitated beside me, but kept his hand in mine. What a difference a night could make in his attitude. One second we had so much animosity and anger towards each other and the next? The next he stripped away his anger and fear and proved himself a changed man. My heart soared with gratitude for his actions, symbolizing our fresh start. 

“You gonna be ok doing this?” He murmured in my ear as we entered the living room. My parents jumped to their feet. My mom forced me into a crying hug, holding tight like I might fly away. 

“I’ll be fine,” I muttered back straight into Bodhi’s eyes, and he nodded. 

“Baby--“ tears stained my mom’s cheeks already. Her glistening brown eyes examined every inch of my battered face. I winced, pulling back as she ran a finger over my eyebrow. “I don’t understand, baby. What happened?” She whispered.

I swallowed hard as she cupped my cheeks again. It was too hard to keep the burning tears in the back of my eyes at bay with her staring at me like a porcelain doll. But I wasn’t. I was like a tree. The wind could slam into me, break my branches, and ruffle my leaves. But my roots were strong, and I’d stand tall for an eternity. 

“I--" I closed my eyes again. My brain begged me to soften the blow to them. I didn’t want to hurt them too. I didn’t want them to think less of me or think they could have done something different. 

“Zane attacked me last night,” I whispered, keeping my eyes closed. I couldn’t look into the windows of their souls right now. Not now. I felt too fragile and way too vulnerable. 

My father took a deep, steadying breath beside me. Without looking over at him I could tell he was trying really hard to keep his shit together. 

“He did what now?” He growled, putting a gentle hand on my shoulder. 

“Keep it together, Cam.” My mom hissed at him. Her chest heaved in anger as she brought her focus back to me. 

“He hit me. He tried to…” I pulled my lips together. “He was going to force himself on me………. Again.” My heart palpated through my chest painfully. Pounding a steady beat against my ribs at the look in their bewildered eyes. They looked at each other with their slackened jaws and then back at me. The way I emphasized the word again made them pause all their movements. The world seemed to freeze around us as they processed my words. 

My mom nodded and licked her lips in understanding, and her fingers slightly shook. “Bodhi saved me. He…” I looked up at my father, wanting him to understand how dire the situation had been. How alone I had felt until Bodhi had stepped in and saved my life. His eyes immediately drifted to Bodhi’s bloodied and scraped knuckles. He nodded, running a hand down his face. His fingers caressing his two-day-old stubble as the wheels in his brain turned. 

“Zane’s out of jail. His lawyers called ours this morning. They downplayed it. They want to make a settlement, so this all goes away. He’s trying to sweep this under the rug.” My father growled through clenched teeth, grinding them together. 

“No! Fuck him! And fuck his stupid dad! He attacked her in cold blood! He raped her! Fuck that settlement!” Bodhi shouted, thrashing his arms around. 

He paced the room, grabbing at his hair like a crazy man. But I couldn’t blame him. A settlement? He wanted to throw money at me, to shut me up, and then what? Let his unstable son walk the streets again and let him keep doing this? Fuck that. I had come to terms after seeing the other girl’s names on the court records a long time ago. I would fight this to the end. I would make Zane Peterson pay for everything he did. To me. To them. To us. 

“I don’t care about the settlement. He could pay me a million dollars and more. I’d rather keep the charges against him and look him in the eyes in court. I want to point my finger at him and tell the judge, the jury, and the universe who he is.” I spit venom into every word I whispered. I put every ounce of my pain from my past into my words for my parents to finally see. 

My mother wrapped her arms around me and buried her face into my neck. She didn’t utter another word. But the wetness dripping down my skin said enough. My father kissed the top of my head, burying his nose into my hair. He took several deep breaths, trying to restrain himself. They smothered me with their love, showing me I didn’t need to say anymore.

“Whatever you want. We are all behind you. We will support you. We love you, baby. I’m just so sorry this happened.” My mother whispered, finally peeling herself back from my neck. She cupped my face again, staring at me like I might disappear from view. 

“I can’t believe his father lets this happen!” My father growled, pulling away. “I can’t believe Todd could look me in the face like his son wasn’t a monster.” 

“He keeps bailing him out,” Bodhi grumbled. “Whatever he does, Todd is there to clean up the mess!” My father shook his head, disgust lingering in his expression. 

“We’ll be in touch with our lawyer. She’ll jump at this. She’d love to take him down, for the pain he’s caused you. He’ll pay for ever laying a hand on you.” My father said, raising his voice an octave, pointing a finger through the air. 

I nodded my head. “Not just for me,” I said with a small, victorious smile. Thinking about their names. They had been so brave and now it was my turn."For everyone who has had to deal with this. Because we all know now, I am not the only one." My father gripped me in a breath-taking hug. Squeezing me hard, as his chin rested against my head. 

“If he tries to talk to you or follow you, don’t. We’ll file for a restraining order.” My father’s voice broke as he whispered the words just for me. And feeling his chest sputter against mine, and inhaling frantically drove me to more tears. My father didn’t cry often, but when he did, the whole room felt it. 

We were a united front now. My parents, Bodhi, and me against Zane. Against the world! I wouldn’t let that motherfucker get away with it anymore. I wouldn’t let him haunt me anymore. 

The haunting pressure on my soul that had crushed me for years finally lifted into the heavens. My lungs collected the fresh surrounding air without crushing me. I could walk around campus without worry. I could study and finally not have to look over my shoulder. I could live now. I could exist. I had a supporting family helping me cope. My brother had completely changed his tune, and my parents were by my side. I had a supportive boyfri---wait. Was he? Crap….

My parents reluctantly left my apartment and headed back home. Promising to stay in touch with me and we’d meet with our lawyer ASAP. I told my parents I needed the rest before we could figure out anything else.

“You can go too. I know my couch sucks.” Bodhi’s eyebrows shot up into his hairline. 

“No way. You heard what they said. He’s out! He could come here!” His eyes darted toward the door nervously and then back to me. His eyes honed in on my damaged face. 

“You think he’d be stupid enough to do that? He thinks he’s getting away with this right now. He wouldn’t jeopardize anything. Besides he doesn’t know where I live.” I had a funny feeling too since he was in jail. He wouldn’t be allowed on campus. Hopefully, the disciplinary board kicked him out too. 

“Callie….” Bodhi pleaded with desperation in his eyes. I could tell he was trying to convince me to let him stay, but I needed the time alone with Dex. He and I had been put through a violent rollercoaster yesterday. One second we were announcing our feelings and the next I was a punching bag for him to console.

“I appreciate everything you’ve done for me. Thank you for staying. It means more than you’ll ever know. But I have something I need to take care of.” I pleaded with him, folding my hands together. He nodded irritably and sighed. 

“Fine! But you call me if you need anything.” He grumbled reluctantly. As he pointed a heavy finger in my direction. He dragged his feet, as he walked towards the front door."I need a nap." He mumbled to himself and slipped out the door. 

You and me both, buddy. I grumbled to myself. 

I secured the security chain on the door, double-checking the deadbolt at least five times. If Zane attempted to come here, he’d have a hard time coming through that door or it would at least slow him down. Fear still sat in the pit of my belly like a heavy boulder. Knowing Zane was a free man scared me more than anything and I had just sent my very protective brother away. But I still had Dex tucked away in my bedroom, probably cowering at the sound of my father’s voice. I couldn’t blame him though. I sure as shit wouldn’t want to meet my father in a dark alley when he felt angry.

I trudged back to my room with my shoulders slumped and exhaustion weaving through my muscles. This whole emotional train ride I had unexpectedly jumped onto needed to derail fast. I walked through the door and sighed contentedly. Dex raised his eyes from his phone and stood up next to my bed.

“They’re gone,” I said, flicking my wrist. I headed towards him and wrapped my arms around his body, laying my broken face onto his exposed chest. 

His heart pounded into my ear as he squeezed his arms around me. He laid his cheek against my head and nodded. “You ok? I heard...... everything.” He breathed. 

“I will be.” He guided me back to bed and placed me over him. He pulled the warm covers over our bodies. I snuggled into him, relishing in his warmth and steady heartbeat. This man did so much for me to calm me. It felt incredible to have finally found my match. 

“Let’s just lay here for today and pretend the outside world doesn’t exist,” Dex whispered against my forehead.

“I like that plan,” I whispered back, snuggling into him further. I sighed as we lapsed into silence. Our breaths evened out and slowed down to a sleeper's pace. But my mind still twisted and turned with anxious thoughts. 

“We good?” I whispered, keeping my eyes closed. His arms tensed around me, dragging me in more. 

“More than good. Are you good? With this? Us?” He asked frantically, almost panicking at the thought of me backing out of our previous conversation.

If he thought I would renege on this whole relationship, he had another thing coming. This man had stood by my side and held me at my lowest point. He didn’t seem disgusted by me. He was angry and protective of me all at once. He had proven himself to me over and over again. He was my one, and I wanted nothing more than to make him happy. 

“Absolutely. I haven’t changed my mind. I still want…. us.” I whispered back as his grip loosened. A tiny chuckle echoed through his chest as his lips brushed against my forehead. 

“Then shut up, you’re my girlfriend now. Nothing you can do about it.” He said playfully, trailing his fingers up my back.

A small, satisfied smile burst onto my lips. “And you’re my boyfriend,” I whispered as we lapsed into silence once more, drifting off to sleep in the comfort of each other’s presence. 

And I couldn’t have asked for more.

●●●●●●

Hope you are all happy and healthy! ❤

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2M 66.5K 49
(Fee-bee) Phoebe was a part time college student. But that was before HE came into her life, Phoebe was a lot of things before HE popped up. She WAS...
6.7M 130K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...
18.8K 406 23
"My life was a whirlwind of privilege and innocence until everything changed. As the only child of wealthy parents, I'd always had everything I neede...
114K 5.7K 33
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Jordan (Cole's best friend) My past haunts me. I don't do relationships because of it. I hook up, one night no feelings...