Scars cut deeper than Wounds

By TerressaWinner

Marinette has a dark past she's not willing to share with anyone. One so dark that she had to move away from... More

Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Her Secret
Chapter 3: Ladybug
Chapter 4: Exposed
Chapter 6: Deaths and Realisations
Chapter 7: Plagg, meet Alfred
Chapter 8: New Book
Chapter 9: Hospital Beds Are So Uncomfortable
Chapter 10: New Books
Chapter 11: Wake Up
Chapter 12: Two sides
Chapter 13: I got Tagged!
Chapter 14: Updating
Chapter 15: Useless
Chapter 16: Surprise
Chapter 17: Embrace
Chapter 18: The Alleyway
What next? You choose
Final decision
It's been published!

Chapter 5: Nicknames and Overprotective Waynes

2.8K 91 40
By TerressaWinner

"I swear Marinette, if your ass and that chair do not form a connection, I will personally tie you to it!"

"Jeez, chill Jason. I was just getting the remote."

"Well what if you tripped over whilst getting it, or twisted your ankle! The baby Mari! Think about the baby!"

Marinette rolled her eyes as she sat back on the couch. After they'd discovered she was pregnant, they'd started watching her 24/7 and catering to her every need. A normal person would love all the attention they were receiving, however she just felt plain guilty.

Tim chuckled as he entered the room and handed her the remote sitting on the coffee table.

"Thanks."

"He's just looking out for you in his own way."

"I know. But-" she paused, "But don't you think that you guys are worrying just a bit too much?" she clicked on a channel then moved her gaze to Tim's. "I mean, I can take care of myself. You don't have to treat me like I'm some..some Goddess."

"We know. It's just," he sighed, "We're not really good with kids. Heck, the youngest kid I've ever taken care of is Damian and when we first met him, he acted like he was twice his age!"

Marinette giggled; that sounded like Damian alright.

"We just don't want to see you get hurt."

She nodded. They were so sweet that it made her heart swell. After the suffering she'd gone through with Adrien, she finally felt at peace here. They accepted her. The last time she'd felt this was with Luka. Speaking off, how was he? And Alya too. And Nino. She hadn't contacted them since she'd run away. They were probably worried sick thinking that she was dead in a ditch somewhere.

"Marinette?"

She was broken out of her stupor by the sound of another deep voice. She turned her head to be met with the sight of Damian watching her, worry in his eyes. When had he gotten here?

"U-um." He continued, "I just wanted to apologise for what I did. I-"

"It's okay. I'd feel pretty aggravated too if a person I had to live with was ignoring me."

He smiled but quickly retracted it the moment he remembered who else was in the room. But it was too late.

Tim gasped and Jason shot out of his seat. Were their eyes playing tricks on them? Did the impossible just become possible? Did Damian Wayne just smile???

"Oh. My-" Tim began only to be interrupted.

"No fucking way!" Jason exclaimed, "Marinette, you have no idea what you've just done!"

Damian grumbled and watched the pair. Drama Kings much?

Marinette chuckled awkwardly.

"I thought I would never live to see this day!" Jason grinned. "DRAKE! PLEASE TELL ME YOU GOT THAT ON CAMERA!"

"I-I." Tim eyed his phone on the coffee table, "Shit!"

"What's going on in here?" Dick entered the room sweating after he'd just come back from a run.

"Marinette just made Damian smile!" Tim screamed at his brother.

A loud thud was heard as Dick's water bottle crashed onto the floor. He groaned. He'd just missed something he would probably never live to see again! Unless..

"Marinette, whatever you just did, do it again!"

"Uh-Um." Marinette looked at Dick then back to Damian, "I'd feel pretty aggravated too if a person I had to live with was ignoring me?" A sweat rolled down her cheek and Damian only frowned. He wasn't going to fall for such a petty trick.

"C'mon Baby bird, smileee." Tim pouted as he made his way over to his baby brother with a phone now in hand and his camera turned on recording the boy.

"Speaking of birds." Dick began, "We still haven't given Marinette a nickname. Every Wayne has to have a nickname!"

Tim sighed as he gave up his attempt to lift the corners of Damian's lips and instead sat on the couch. "What about Red bird?" he recommended.

Dick shook his head, "Naah, that doesn't roll of the tongue." he wracked his brain for a name, "What about Ladybird?"

Jason chuckled, "That's even worse!"

"Angel." The men turned to the voice. Tim grinned, "Angel?"

Damian nodded but then averted his gaze when he looked up to notice all eyes on him. He stuttered, "I-I mean because I'm demon spawn due to my personality so Marinette should be angel because-"

"Because she's like an angel?" Jason responded, a smirk on his face. Damian nodded.

Dick eyed his younger brother. He was so in love with the blue eyed girl that it was actually ridiculous.

Tim broke the silence as he clapped his hands, "Angel it is!"

Marinette chuckled. Bit by bit she was becoming part of their family. But then she frowned, "Does that mean you're all my brothers now?"

Damian shifted uneasily in his seat. Tim's eyes widened. Dick froze as he reached for the bottle he'd dropped a few minutes ago. It was Jason that spoke, "I guess so."

Marinette smiled. Not a fake smile or a small smile, but a smile that reached up to her eyes and spread warmth around the room, "Okay big bro."

Jason almost burst out crying. He'd never been called big bro before! heck, he'd never even had a younger sister before!

"Hold up." All eyes were on Tim as he spoke, "We have a nickname that compliments her personality, but we don't have one for her superhero persona."

Before anyone could answer, Dick piped up, "Baby bug!"

"Baby bug it is!" Tim answered.

"Ah um, sorry but that's already taken." The boys followed the voice to Marinette, "Plagg already calls me that."

"Who's Plagg?" Damian asked now speaking and directing the woman with his full attention.

"Oh, sorry. You've already met Tikki, my kwami, but I forgot to let you meet Plagg, the kwami of the black cat."

"I see." Dick piped in again, "Well I personally am very proud of this nickname. It's my best invention yet. So I suppose he could just shar-"

"I don't share."

Everyone turned to the black floating cat who'd just come whizzing out of Marinette's pocket at the sound of his voice.

"Holy cow!" Tim shouted. "Where the hell did you come from?"

Plagg rolled his eyes and repeated, "I. Do. Not. Share. Find your own nickname."

Marinette chuckled as she watched the grumpy cat; she didn't think he was the jealous type.

"Sorry bud, but it's final. Marinette is now known as Baby Bug!" Jason answered.

Dick burst out laughing at the realisation he'd just made. "Look at Damian." Damian's frown doubled as everyone's eyes now layed on him. "Now look at the cat."

Plagg grumbled under his breath. Who did these mortals think they were. He wasn't an attraction or some decoration for them to look at all day!

"Ha!" Tim's eyes widened, "I see it! They look exactly alike!"

At this, Marinette burst out laughing. She looked from Damian to Plagg and back again and only smiled more when she met identical green eyes piercing into hers. They were so compatible!

Then she froze. Compatible?

"Woah. Mari, the more you stare at Damian, the more I think you're falling in love with him." Tim chucked only to stop when he noticed that her smile was gone and was now replaced with something her couldn't read. "Mari?"

Jason waved a hand infront of her face. Nothing. Her eyes widened as she continued to stare into his green ones. "Hey Marinette are you okay?" It was now Dick that spoke. No answer.

Tikki flew out of her chosen's pocket and tapped her cheek worried for the woman. She didn't answer.

The brothers and kwamis watched as the two young adults stared at each other, Damian's eyes filled with confusion and Marinette's filled with something unreadable.

Then she shivered and broke her gaze.

"You okay?" Tim asked.

"Where the hell did you go?" Dick asked.

"Did you get lost in Demon Spawn's eyes?" Jason chuckled attempting to ease the tension in the room.

"Marinette?" Tikki flew closer to her chosen and stared into her eyes attempting to read them. But when she lifted her hand (do kwamis have hands???) to stroke her cheek, Marinette flinched and cleared her throat.

"U-Um. I'm going to my room." Marinette groaned as she attempted to lift herself up. She huffed. This damn baby bump was in her way!

"Need help?" She nodded allowing Tim to pull her up and steady her on her feet. She then proceeded to walk out the door stumbling but catching herself with a nearby chair and was then out the door. Tikki and Plagg shared a look before following her.

"What the hell did you do?" Dick asked Damian.

"Why do you always assume that everything's my fault?" Damian frowned.

"Oh, I dunno. Maybe because she was looking at you!" Tim answered.

Damian shrugged. Then huffed, stood up and left before quickly calling out, "I'm going out." The front door then slammed.

-&-

"Marinette, are you okay?" Tikki asked the woman shivering in front of her.

"Baby bug?"

Her face was pale as she let her mind wander.

Blood. Glass. A broken bottle. Her parents. Adrien. So much blood...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 293 22
"Hello? Is anyone here? Someone, answer me!" "There is no one here, Marinette." "There is only you... And us..." In a universe where magic exists, La...
193K 5.5K 56
'𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘸 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘴𝘦. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, �...
154K 3.6K 39
Marinette just wants to have her life normally, you know, being a superhero while being a good student. Hanging out with her friends, day dreaming he...
89.1K 2.9K 17
Marinette is abandoned by her friends, her only supporters were Chole, Kagami, Luka, Jagged, Penny, and her parents. What happens when Marinette's pa...