Kaminari centric oneshots (wh...

By BlowingYourMind

Kaminari whump, fluff, and angst. Kaminari is my absolute favorite character, so I'm making a book featuring... More

Falling asleep during movie night
Kaminari's Flu
Kaminari shuts down Mineta
Sleepwalking
Chargers please
Nightmares
Abused
Abused pt. 2
4 Times Kaminari's friends gave him their hoodies
Bullied
Turned to a kid
Turned Into A Kid pt.3
Turned Into a kid pt.2
Turned Into A Kid, Conclusion
Testing Anxiety
Swimming Is Not Kaminari's Thing
Aizawa Is Just A Sleepy Man Child Confirmed
Sleepwalking... Again
Freckles
Winter Break
Mineta Has Been Kicked from the server.
Vaccination Day
Parents Day
Good With Kids
Allergies
Road Trip!
Girl For A Day
Girl... For more then 1 Day (Pt.2)
Girl... For more than 1 day (Pt.3)
Girl...For more than 1 day (pt.4)
Girl... For more than 1 day (pt.5, I think.)
Girl... For more than 1 day (conclusion.)
Dick on my face
Traitor and savior
Picking up the pieces
Cat Issues
Cat issues, Ending
Birthday
Thank You!

Airplane mode

8.1K 233 122
By BlowingYourMind

Summary: All electronics and electric quirks please be put on airplane mode. Kaminari groaned. He hated airplane mode.

Class 1-A was ecstatic for their trip overseas. Their class were invited to an elite school gathering in America, where America's hero's would assist them in quirkless fighting. Only few schools got invited to this training camp event, they would be the only class of first years to attend.

They boarded the plane one by one, bags packed for the week. They all clung to their seat partners, Smiling and joking around. Of course, Kaminari was happy that their class got invited to an event in America, but he had yet to tell anyone in his group that he spent the first 6 years of his life there.

English was his first language, but it had been forgotten enough to where he wasn't fluent anymore. But it did explain why he was so good at Present Mic's class. 

 "Yo Kami, is it cool with you if I get window seat?" Kirishima asked, bouncing up and down. He had never been on a plane before, he explained, and he wanted to see the clouds. 

 Kaminari nodded at his friends question, both had a childish sparks in his eyes before turning to Bakugo, flashing puppy dog eyes.

 "No" 

 "Come on Bakubro... Won't you please sit with us?"

 " ...Fine, But him not sitting between you two idiots. I get the isle seat. "

 So that was how Kaminari ended up sitting between an excited Kirishima, and a slightly peeved Bakugo. He didn't mind, although he wished he could stay awake to chat with his friends throughout the ride, but he couldnt. 

After lifting up the window sheilder, Kirishima turned back to Kaminari. "Have you been on a plane before?" 

 "Yeah man" he wasn't going to lie, but he wasn't going to give the full truth. "A small family trip that was too far to drive to." He rode a plane from America after his family died. He was placed in foster care near UA, since he got accepted into the school.

Aizawa settled everyone down. Their class seemed to be the only ones on the plane, but is was a Wednesday in the middle of the day, so it wasn't surprising.

The announcements started playing, the pilots giving safety percautions, but before heading back to the front they said one last sentence that caught Kirishima's ears.

 "All electronics and electric quirks please be put on airplane mode." Kaminari groaned. He hated Airplane mode. 

Kirishima poked his side, gaining his attention. "Bro, what's airplane mode?" 

 Bakugo quirks an eyebrow. "You don't know what airplane mode is shitty hair?"  Kirishima shook his head, waiting for an explanation that Bakugo wasn't gonna give. Kaminari sighed. "If I keep my quirk remains like it is then the electromagnetic pulses could effect the airplane."

 Both looked at him like he had grown another head. "What!? I can be smart!" 

 "You don't act like it" Bakugo countered.

 "Boys" Aizawa broke their budding argument. He moved to sit down at the unoccupied row of seats in front of them. "I assume you know about airplane mode. Good." 

 Kaminari nodded, Smiling at his teacher.

 "Well you can't just turn off your quirk... Can you?" The red head questioned. Kaminari explained that he could only suppress his quirk by going into a hibernation like sleep. The drawbacks were inevitable though, he told them that he would not be able to stand on his own when he woke up. He would be too drowsy to say much of anything.

Everyone with an electrical type quirk agreed that they absolutely hated airplanes.

Kirishima seemed bummed that Denki wouldn't be awake, but patted his back, saying that he would help him when he woke up. Kirishima shot Bakugo a look, forcing him to agree.

The plane started moving down the runway, Kaminari took a second to smile at Kirishima's gaping before taking a deep breath. He forced all thoughts from his eyes, focusing on his energy. He wasn't sure what other electric quirks saw when they shut themselves down, but he saw lightning in a bottle. He tightened the lid, not letting the sparks fly out.

And just like that, Kaminari was on airplane mode.

 "That's fucking creepy" Bakugo commented once he noticed Kaminari. The blonde was staring through the seat in front of him, golden eyes a dulled out color. Kirishima averted his attention from the window to poke Denki's cheek.

 "Don't bother him, it takes a lot of energy and focus in that state." Aizawa said from his seat in front of him, pulling out a book.

 " Oh well then in that case... " Kirishima pulled a fluffy blanket from his bag, draping it over the both of them. He gently closed Kaminari's eyes, pulling his head on his shoulder.

The plane ride went without a hitch, the class collectively falling asleep  once it got dark. Class 1-A didn't have much off time, so this was the best break they were going to get. 

Once the plane landed it was early in the morning, Kirishima was lulled awake by the engines of the plane coming to a stop. He lifted his head from Kaminari's tufts of blonde hair. Bakugo was cracking his eyes open, streatching. Kaminari remained close to his side, cacooned in the baby blue blanket. 

 "Mornin' Bakubro" Kirishima yawned, putting an arm around Kaminari's shoulders. He was still fast asleep. 

Bakugo reached over to force open one of Denki's eyes, revealing the dulled pupil that was very slowly coming back into focus. 

Classmates started to wake one another up, gathering their luggage. Aizawa stood up, leaning over the seat to study Kaminari. He shined a light to his eye, eliciting a groan from his student. Kaminari nuzzled deeper into Kirishima's shoulder. "Good, he's moving now. It looks like he's not going to be able to walk, so you'll have to carry him."

 Kirishima nodded, looking to Bakugo. 

 "Don't look at me, he's your fucking friend, you carry him." Bakugo's voice was raspy from sleep.

 "Don't be that way, it too early in the morning for cursing." Kirishima whined " okay but will you at least hold my backpack while I carry him? " 

Bakugo huffed, standing up to grab the two backpacks his friends bought. He slung both bags over his shoulders, carrying his own duffle. "Come on, we can't wait all day, everyone is outside by now." Bakugo said, not cursing for once. 

Kirishima clumsily stood up, hitting his head on the small TV. He bent down in a piggyback position, gathering his friend on his back, wrapping his fingers around his thighs before standing up. The blanket still covered Kaminari, only his head and limp arms poked out of it, resting on Kirishima's shoulder. 

The class walked through the quiet airport in sleepy silence, Kaminari's eyes were now more focused, but he couldn't yet form words. When they stopped at one of the airports food courts, they sat down to take attendance and more importantly get food.

Bakugo left to grab food from chik-fl-a, leaving Kirishima to gently place his friend down on one of the lounge coutches. Aizawa did his rounds, checking on the students, once he dropped by their couch he informed them that their bus would be arriving in half an hour, and from there they would be bussed to their hotel.

Bakugo got back to their seat, holding up a bag of fast food. Kirishima took it with a grin, both were careful not to disturb their friend, who remained curled, head resting on Kirishina's lap.

Halfway through their chicken nuggets, Kaminari moaned. He tilted his head a little upwards, eyes fluttering but not opening completley. "Oh Kami, are you thirsty?"  

The blonde struggled to form words, but ended up tapping on Bakugo's thigh twice, meaning yes. 

" Here, give the dunce this. " Bakugo held out his own drink. Kirishima tilted Denki's head up so he could put the straw between his lips. Kaminari grunted thankfuly, taking small sips. 

The bus arrived early, Aizawa gathered the class, where the shuffled to load the bus quickly. Aizawa smirked, this was the quietest his class had ever been. 

Later, Kaminari woke up, curled on a hotel bed. Light filtered through the blinds, making him uncomfortably warm. He pulled the covers away from his body, sitting up slowly. He studied himself in the mirror, his hair was a mess. He shivered at the loss of covers, so he found a baby blue blanket to curl around himself before stepping out of the hotel room.

He walked to the lobby, ignoring the stares. He didn't give a shit. Anxiety balled itself at the base of his throat. He was back in America. The anxiety dissipated when he heard a voice call out. "Look it's Kaminari!"

The class gathered twords him, breakfast held in their hands. 

"Our sleepy head woke up" Mina and Sero grinned at him.

He smiled back, face muscles spasming a little due to how little he used them. A bowl of cereal was given to him by Aizawa. "You were out for four hours, longer than I had anticipated. Go change to your hero costume, training starts in 20." 

Kaminari nodded, a warm feeling spread in his gut replacing the dark anxiety. He was back to America, where he was born. But it's not his home. Home is back at UA, where all of his friends were.

A\N: Request open!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765 4 8
Hi everyone so I've been burnt out lately but I've also had many ideas that I'm not sure I want to make a whole separate book for since in the past I...
71.7K 1.9K 20
Denki Kaminari has liked Kyoka Jirou for some time now, but when they get partnered up for a project, the worst ensues. Kyoka finds herself catching...
1.2K 39 2
Kaminari was never ashamed of how he looked. In fact, he liked how he looked. But that was before. That was before he heard the whispers. The comment...
30.9K 1.2K 14
Denki Kaminari is a hopeless romantic, emphasis on hopeless. As Valentine's Day rolls around, Kaminari is once again reminded how he has still yet to...