Untameable Earth

By AliceCourtneyHatcher

Earth is irrevocably changed when in the course of six months supernatural creatures are discovered to have b... More

The First Revelation
No Longer Top of the Food Chain
Uncomfortable Allies
First of Three
Second of Three
Third of Three

They're Here....

41 2 0
By AliceCourtneyHatcher

07.00 Pack-house of the Alpha King of the Weres

'Alpha Markus.' Markus raised his eyes from the documents he was reviewing to see his Beta's strained face looking back from the door of his office.

'It's time.' Markus cocked his head at his closest friend since childhood, 'You're very tense, Luca. It's too late to have doubts about the exposure of our kind now. It's done and for the best.'

Luca expelled his breath in a rush, 'I get that. With portable DNA and blood testing, we were just one test away from exposure anyway. Best to get ahead of the shit show.' Luca rubbed the back of his neck,

'It's the fucking politics. We are attending our first UN/NATO meeting today and yet we've been drowning in 'policies and practices' that absolutely contradict our customs and the traditions which under pin our cultures... How is this going to work in reality? Are the human governments expecting us to simply conform to their every expectation? Because we both know that will never happen.'

Markus nodded, 'We always knew the process of disclosing our existence to the humans would be delicate to manage. That's why myself and the second and third of the SC have already been through the details thoroughly,' he shook the documents in his hands, 'and we've sent in a revised recommendation with input from all the heads of the rest of the super natural species. For the first time in our histories, all the supernatural heads agreed on the revision... You, of all of us, understand how momentous it is that we agreed unanimously on something as a Supernatural Coalition.'

Luca nodded his head, being a hybrid - werewolf and Fire Fey, he did know how equality let alone agreement between the species had been hard fought for... and painful to the individuals like himself that had been discriminated against as 'impure'. 'Yea. Long may it last. Let's go make history, Alpha.'

08.00 Mauna Key Observatory, Hawaii (8pm Hawaii-Aleutian Standard time prior day)

'V! There is non spatial activity moving from three of the five planets in HR8799... Fuuuckkk! It's definitely not natural phenomenon... V!!! Get the fuck over here! Now!' Dr. Kai Pali Momi knocked over his morning coffee as he spun around to look at his colleague from United Kingdom Infra-Red Telescope (UKIRT).

Dr. Venetia Castaldi was staring intently at her own screen, 'Well. There is similar activity moving away from Proxima b.' Both stated at each other with deer in the head light eyes, shocked. Despite constantly monitoring for such an event, no one ever actually expected it to happen. Just as both scrambled for their notification protocol manuals, Venetia's phone rang.

Venetia could see her best friend, Dr. Jessica Hatcher's name glaring on the screen. Jess worked with NASA in another area of the observatory. 'Is it Jess?' Kai asked with equal measures of excitement and stress in his voice. V nodded and pressed to accept the call,

'Jesus, V,' Jess' quiet voice managed to sound like a shout in the expectant room, 'There's non spatial movement coming from where the suspected black hole is in the middle of the Milky Way!'

'Ffwcio....' when under pressure Venetia would either switch to Welsh first or Italian second, her two primary languages before English, 'J... it's happening in both Proxima b and HR8799 too.'

The sound of breaking ceramic came through the phone as V had pressed the speaker phone icon to share the conversation with Kai. Then Jess growled through the phone, 'Holy. Shit. We need to engage in the communication protocols now. Note the times and update the trajectory progress every 15 minutes. You both know they'll want to know where the... whatever the fuck these things are, are headed...'

V glanced between her display and Kai's. Her voice tone changed as she asked, 'J.... on quick assessment is the trajectory toward Earth?' Cursing came over the line following a silence, 'Yea, V, I take it the prelim view for you and Kai is the same...?'

'Dannatamente sì... yes' Venetia took a shaky breath, 'Three points in space potentially converging on Earth.... the one in the Milky Way is closest... We'll need to be ready with estimated arrival times, assuming the trajectory stays constant...' V and Kai stared at one another to share the last moment of shock they would be allowed, 'Call NASA, J.'

V shook her shoulders like she did before a serious work out, 'Gadewch i ni siglo'r ast hon...' (Let's rock this bitch...). She growled under her breath, unaware of just how personal this was going to be to her very soon.

09.00 NATO Headquarters Brussels, Belgium

US President Emmett Cable, UK Prime Minister Rhydian Davies and German Chancellor Emery Fischer sat in the VIP section at the back of an up market bar on Boulevard Leopold III, not far from the NATO HQ building,

'We are walking a very thin layer of ice bringing the Supernatural Coalition into the UN and NATO,' President Cable started calmly. Emmett had a sterling reputation for leadership and diplomacy but with a hard view towards the best interests of his country.

'You must know we can't allow many of the revisions the Supernatural Coalition submitted, Emmett, humans are already at a disadvantage and represent the largest proportion of our constituencies,' Emery Fischer was known as a tough female politician who was brutally strait when speaking.

'Neither can we strip the supernaturals of their customs and freedom to practice their own religions, Emery. NATO and the UN were formed to guard against such treatment.' Rhydian Davies was just as forthcoming as the German Chancellor and frankly, he didn't much care for her views on many things, politically or otherwise.

'You both make valid points, that is why these final negotiations on the social side of our alliance must be handled with care,' Emmett mediated as his two colleagues glared at one another.

'Never before have NATO and the UN worked this closely, merging social, political and military considerations as a unified global position.

As for the supernatural species, please remember that they have been living quietly and peaceably for millennia with humans while none of us were the wiser. If it had been their intention to subjugate humanity, they could've done so long ago in a shock tactic.' Both Rhydian and Emery nodded their acceptance of these facts,

'It benefits all species to work together...' Emmett and Rhydian's mobile phones rung - the ring tone letting both know the content of their conversations would be strictly confidential. Both offered their apologies to the German Chancellor and slipped away from the table.

Emmett accepted the incoming call, 'Yes...?'

'Mr. President? NASA's been in touch. We have a serious potential situation....'

'Give me five minutes and I will be in a safe location inside NATO for a full debriefing.' Just as Emmett went to disconnect, his Secretary of Defense spoke once more,

'The UK PM will also have this information now or shortly after as it has come out of the Hawaiian observatory... include him in your discussion to get his team's intel as well...'

'Understood.'

Emmett disconnected the call, leaving the pub restaurant as Rhydian suddenly joined him in the doorway,

'A conversation appears to be in order between us...' Rhydian Davies spoke in a low tone.

'So it seems...' was his companion's quiet response.

10.45 NATO Headquarters Council Chamber

A rustling of movement and the chittering of people speaking in multiple languages filled the vaulted NATO Council Chamber room as the space filled up for the anticipated upcoming negotiations with the Supernatural Coalition. Almost all the chairs in the series of circles were occupied by their representatives. Several notable chairs remained empty... Canada, China, France, Japan, Australia, Brazil and the U.K. and US. 

As the clock moved closer to the appointed hour of 11.00, those chairs continued to remain empty causing slight unease and muttering to become a quiet roar. The incumbent Nigerian President of the UN, Muhammed Bande, the elected speaker for today's negotiations was also absent.

The Supernatural Coalition stood at the back of the council chambers. Sitting was out of the question for their various species when in a state of anxiety. Alpha Markus Black was at the front of the group, looking less than impressed with the behaviour and tardiness of key negotiators, although not terribly concerned.

At ten minutes past the hour, the missing representatives and the UN President entered the council chambers, all wearing grim faces. For the first time, the President did not need to call for order as he climbed to his presiding position to begin discussions.

'We have all attended today's session with a view to finalising negotiations with the Supernatural Coalition and welcoming their representatives into our global forums,' President Bande wiped his perspiring brow with his handkerchief,

'However, new information has come to light which will need addressing as an urgent priority before we continue those discussions....' Council chambers became loud with noisy outbursts from the various representatives while the Supernatural Coalition remained silent waiting to hear what the 'urgent priority' might be before reacting.

'US and U.K. representatives will debrief the council now' the President stayed at the podium while taking a seat. The enormous overhead screen lit up to display information to the Council.

Three separate images were on the screen that were of different places in space showing movement in real time, if the numbers flashing at the bottom of the images were correct.

Emmett Cable, US President began speaking, 'At 08.00 today Central European Summer time, various international teams with telescopes on the Astrological sites at the Mauna Kei Observatory in Hawai'i detected multiple movements in space which were not natural phenomenon- the movements occurred at the same time and as demonstrated by the onscreen images are moving at astronomical speeds toward the same destination- Earth.'

Explosive noise filled the Council Chambers as representatives reacted to the news. The sound announcing a representative's question from the Supernatural Coalition caused the room to grind to silence,

'Please clarify.' The deep, resonate voice of Alpha Markus Black bounced around the room, 'Are you stating it is your belief aliens are headed from three different areas of space to Earth for an unknown purpose?'

'Yes,' the U.K. Prime Minister answered, 'That is our belief.'

'How long until they are expected to arrive?' the Alpha continued.

'Actually....' a loud static sound and the overhead images disappearing interrupted the PM as he began to answer the query.

An image appeared large in the centre of the screen of three males and a female, each of a different skin tone, size and features clearly not of Earth species although humanoid in general appearance,

'We are representatives from the Universal Worlds Council (UWC), Council members representing the planet Earth.' one of the two largest males spoke with authority. The Council Chambers were silent, even the Supernatural Coalition were open mouthed in shock now.

'Your planet has been preoccupied with infighting and war mongering until now, making you uncivilised and unfit to be approached by the UWC as members of value and honour.' A low whisper of indignant voices could be heard at the male's description of Earth's inhabitants.

'However the trust of the previously unknown species of your planet in revealing themselves after over three thousand Earth years in hiding and the integration behaviour demonstrated by all following their revelation have led the UWC to believe that you are now ready to do your part in the Universe as part of the collective to populate life as an evolved and uniquely skilled planet and to assist in protecting all species from the two aggressive
significant threats in the known galaxies' The whispering quieted as Alpha Black spoke again from the back of the chamber,

'Of what threats do you speak? Do we have the means to defend ourselves from these entities?' The three males of the Alliance looked surprised, pleased and their faces reflected respect toward the Alpha,

'While we are aware of general Earth technology, which is not capable of defeating either foe at any level, we are unaware of the specific skill sets of your Supernatural Coalition- excepting what we have seen the last six months on Earth's... ehem, digital communications.' The largest of the males now spoke as the four alien representatives schooled their faces to give nothing away of their opinions of such programs however their body language was not indicating appreciation or respect.

'We look forward to physical interaction with your kind later today as we will arrive in your atmosphere within two Earth hours time' Shock once again echoed through the council chamber,

'Be aware Earth peoples,' the female spoke for the first time in a harsh voice, 'You will contribute toward the collective as a member planet or risk the harvesting of your planet by facing alone the impending arrival within 18 months of one of the two threats we speak.' Her vibrant purple eyes flashed at the partial negative reaction from within the council chambers,

'We will NOT protect your planet without your contribution- we do not act as your Earth charities, we act to protect all planets even if death is required to protect our ways of life. Do not expect to negotiate with us!'

*************************************************

Interesting times ahead, folks! Anyone placing bets on who the first 'contribution' story might be, hmmmm?

Don't forget to comment and like ⭐️ 🤩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
1K 229 59
Before humans were created the Earth we lived in was divided by both light and darkness. One section was divided with darkness and the other half wi...
148 1 5
*This is the first 5 chapters of a published work. You can find the full book in Kindle Unlimited on Amazon for US$0.99. The second book, The Darknes...
20.2K 741 36
There's a conspiracy theory that werewolves actually exist but they're a government experiment gone wrong. People believed that they were simply hyb...