What Could Have Been... (Carm...

By StueyBoii

After Matt Watkins arrives on the WWE scene, the entire wrestling world is shook. The biggest free agent deci... More

An Everlasting Memory
Let It All Out
Getting There Eventually
Bringing The Fight
The Battlescars Of Love
All At Once
The Right Time
The Sweet Smell Of Victory
Trying And Tempting
Oldest Trick In The Book
Life Priorities
Speaking The Truth
Let Battle Commence
When A Battle Becomes A War
Making The Decision
Well, Well, Well...
A True Unification
Digging Down Deep
Greatest Day Of My Life (Epilogue)

Secret Betrayal

1.5K 14 8
By StueyBoii

A few months had now been and gone since Summerslam, and it was now Christmas Day. Leah, Amy, and Pancakes had woken up to see Matt cooking breakfast, which funnily enough, was pancakes. Leah was now 6 months pregnant and her bump was now quite big, while Amy was getting more and more lovable around her bump, which she had named Bumpy.

Matt: Morning, you lot!

Pancakes barked loudly, as he then sprinted towards Amy and played with her. Leah, meanwhile, just smiled and wrapped her arms around her man.

Leah: Morning, you. Merry Christmas.

She held up a bit of mistletoe above his head and Matt kissed her.

Matt: Morning babe. Merry Christmas to you too. You want pancakes?

Leah: Breakfast, or my dog?

Matt: Breakfast, of course!

Leah: Yeah, course. I'll take three, with some lemon juice.

Matt: Coming right up.

After he had gotten Amy to calm down and have her breakfast, it was then time to get to presents. And since Amy was still only a kid, she was as excited as anything.

Amy: Yay! Pressies!

She opened the smallest one first, from Pamela and Fergal, which was a figurine of Matt with the tag title on his shoulder.

Amy: Look, Daddy! I can play as you!

Matt: You gonna win?

Amy: Yeah!

Soon afterwards, she opened the rest of her presents, which included a Mella Is Money T-shirt and a replica of the Smackdown Women's Championship from Hunter and Stephanie, and a special treat from both her parents. She'd be going on a special tour of the WWE Performance Center, with a special tour guide in the form of Road Dogg.

Amy: Wow, this is awesome!

Matt: Since you love to see me and Leah in the ring, beating up the bad guys, we thought why not show you what it's like behind the scenes.

Amy: This amazing! I love you, both...

Matt: We love you too, kiddo.

As Amy then went to play with her new figurines and Pancakes again, Leah gave her present to Matt.

Leah: Here you go, handsome.

It turned out to be a photography book labelled 'Our Journey Together', which was of everything that had happened in their relationship, from the first night they met on Smackdown, to him asking her out, to the sushi bar with Amy, and even a few other bits and pieces. One picture that really caught his eye was the one of the two of them kissing with the sunset in the background on the beach, which Matt loved.

Matt: That night was amazing...

Leah: Damn right it was. 

Matt went through the last couple of pages to find them blank.

Leah: These are for our future, especially when this little bundle of fun pops out.

Matt: I... I love it. This is the best present anyone has ever gotten me.

Leah: I figured why spend a lot of money when I can put my creative skills to good use? I had the help of Ames, of course, and even Pancakes. See, that's his pawprint on the cover.

She pointed at a pawprint in the top right corner of the cover.

Matt: That's a really cute thing. Thank you. 

After he put the book to one side, he then grabbed Leah's hands and told her about what her present was going to be.

Matt: I hope you're a patient woman, because I'm not giving my present to you until tonight. And believe me, you're gonna love it.

Leah: I suppose, just for you, I can wait until then.

The two then invited Lexi, Josh, Pamela, who now had her trademark ponytail back, Fergal and Braun over for Christmas dinner, after a banter filled eating session, the girls and Amy were in the kitchen cleaning up, while the boys were in Matt's den, talking about what Leah's present was.

Josh: So, what's the present?

Matt then went to his safe, unlocked it, and pulled out a small blue box, which, when opened, revealed a shining ring with a small white gem on top.

Braun: Are you...

Josh: You're kidding me...

Matt: Yep. I've been keeping this a little secret between me and Amy these past few weeks, but I feel like tonight's the night. I'm gonna ask Leah to marry me.

Josh: Oh, mate! That's awesome! 

Braun: Yep, hope I'm best man!

Fergal, meanwhile, put on a fake smile, and wasn't as vocal as the others.

Fergal: Congrats, bro.

He then left the room, leaving the remaining three a little concerned. Later that night, everyone was watching some Christmas TV and after Amy was put to bed for the night, Matt then gathered everyone on the balcony of their apartment, where he then felt the time was right. He hid the ring box in his pocket while he then spoke up.

Matt: Today has just been amazing. I wanna thank each and every one of you for coming today, this is a Christmas present in itself. And before today comes to a close, there's one very special person I have to thank.

He then locked eyes with Leah, who held his hand and side hugged him, before leaning into him.

Matt: With our little one due to make their appearance any day now, I couldn't imagine life without this beautiful woman beside me, and it just feels like every day is a blessing.

Leah just looked and smiled at her man, but she could not have predicted what was to come next. As she laughed and smiled at everyone, she took her eye off Matt for a split second and when she looked back at him, she, along with everyone else, except Pamela and Fergal, was utterly gobsmacked to see him on one knee with a ring box in hand.

Matt: Leah Van Dale, you complete me, you literally are the wind beneath my wings, and with all that being said, I just have one question left to ask. Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?

Leah, who was in tears, gave a quick glance back at Lexi, Josh and Braun, and gave Matt her answer.

Leah: Yes, yes I will marry you!

As soon as Matt put the ring on her finger, he stood up and the two kissed, with Braun, Josh and Lexi cheering and clapping. But something was wrong, which was Pamela and Fergal, who seemed a little confused at what was going on.

Fergal: Are you done? Good. Cos I actually got something to say.

Pamela: Me too.

The two then went face to face with Leah and Matt, the latter puzzled by their actions.

Fergal: How long have you two been together? 8 months, just about? You then get pregnant after 2 months and boom, there's a bun in the oven. But you lot just don't see the bigger picture, do you?

Pamela: You see, these two aren't really in love. They're just pretending for Amy's sake, as well as for the sake of the baby.

Fergal: All this time, me and Pammy have been watching, seeing this so called relationship between the two of you develop. And it makes us sick. This isn't true love, and it never has been.

Pamela: And it never will be. What me and Fergie have...

The two kissed passionately in front of everyone.

Pamela: ...this is true love.

Fergal: And here's another fun fact. This little bun in the oven right here, it isn't even Matt's baby!

Everyone just stopped and stared at Matt and Leah, while Pamela and Fergal just smiled.

Matt: What the hell are you talking about? Of course it's my baby...

Fergal: Sure, you keep thinking that. But here's a little parting gift for you. Enjoy whatever is left of your Christmas.

Fergal gave him a little envelope before both he and Pamela then left, leaving everyone shocked at their actions. None more so than Leah who went to the bedroom and slammed the door. As Lexi went after her, Braun and Josh tried to console Matt.

Matt: Well, this just went from the best Christmas ever to one of the worst.

Braun: What the hell was he even thinking? I've never seen him like that...

Josh: Trust me when I say he's jealous. He's jealous that you're the better man, and together, you and Leah have achieved more in 8 months than some couples do in 8 years.

Matt: To think I considered those two as friends.

Braun: Everyone makes mistakes... But it's how you learn from them that matters. You can bounce back from this.

The two then gave Matt a group hug before they left. He was left alone for a bit before Lexi then came out.

Lexi: Hey... I just got done talking with Leah. She said... that what Fergal said could be true. The baby might not be yours.

Matt just continued looking out at the night sky, while Lexi just held his hand.

Lexi: She even told me who it was with, and when she told me, I couldn't believe it. It was Josh.

Matt's eyes then went wide as he heard the name.

Lexi: From what she said, it was before me and him were actually a thing. Happened a few days before she found out she was pregnant.

Matt: So, what's your take on all this?

Lexi: Honestly? I'm a little pissed at Josh for not telling me this before, but at the same time, I feel like it's his business. Like i said, it was before he asked me out. As for Pam and Ferg, I'm a little surprised as to why they're being like this. I mean, Pamela's been acting weird all day, and didn't speak to me or Leah much, if at all. Not even Amy got through to her. But if I were you, leave them be for now. Leah needs you to help her, especially this far into her pregnancy. I'll do what I can to help.

Matt: Thanks, Lex, I appreciate it. But right now, I think I need some time alone. I'll talk to Leah and let you know what happens.

Lexi hugged him as best she could before she then left, leaving Matt alone. He then opened the envelope and read what it said.

Matthew.

You should know that things aren't what they seem between you and Leah. You two are hiding secrets from one another, and they will be revealed. Me and Pam have a plan of action, given to us by someone who wants to end your relationship just as much as we do, and when you two are finished, maybe then you will find out what it means to have someone truly love you.

He then went inside and locked the balcony door. He thought it best to leave Leah alone, so got a blanket from a near cupboard and got his head down. He was about to fade away when he heard a voice.

Amy: Daddy?

He composed himself before rubbing his eyes and smiling.

Matt: Hey, kiddo. What's up?

Amy: I had nightmare. Teddy also had nightmare.

Matt: Aww, sweetie...

Amy: Where's Mummy?

Matt: She's in bed, I didn't want to disturb her after tonight.

Amy: Okay - can I sleep with you then?

Matt: Yeah, sure...

He then lifted the blanket and Amy, along with her teddy snuggled into her dad.

Amy: I love you, Daddy.

Matt: I love you too, sweetie.

As they fell asleep, Leah quietly opened the door to see the two most important people in her life sleeping soundly on the sofa bed. She thought back to what Fergal had said earlier tonight and how she thought she had mucked things up big time.

Leah: Oh, what have I done? What the hell have I done?

As she whispered those words to herself repeatedly, she then began quietly crying, before she then headed back to bed, where a still sleeping Pancakes was snuggled on the other side of the bed. After Leah quickly went for a shower to try and take her mind off things, she got back to find 2 messages left on her phone, both of which she was terrified to read.

Josh: I never meant for our secret to be revealed this way... I think Matt knows by now, so we need to talk to each other about this situation first before we talk to him about it. Meet me and Lexi at the Starbucks near your apartment tomorrow and we can talk things through.

Pamela: The truth hurts, doesn't it? All this time you were the pretty one, the one who got the attention from Matt, while I was left as the piece on the side. Trust me, you're gonna wish you never met him once me, Fergie and a certain someone are done with you. Enjoy what's left of Christmas...

Leah then cried into the pillow, as she felt powerless to stop what was going on. But she knew she had to stay strong, not only for her sake, but also for the baby. But, right now, whether it was Matt's or Josh's was anyone's guess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.9K 186
After all of the drama has been laid out on the table, and almost every single relationship has been exposed, well at least almost every relationship...
338K 4.2K 49
Megan Lopez a.k.a Ashley Rollins is a WWE Diva. She is making her return to the business after almost a year and a half of receiving injuries and get...
73.1K 1.1K 28
"Sometimes you sink so deep in this ocean of doubt and self-pity that you can't even see light anymore. It's okay to cry, but at some point you have...
5.6K 322 16
Seth wishes for the life he had two years ago. The life with his father and his dog by his side. A life full of happiness and joy but hopes dim as th...