Never In A Million Years

By sporknife

Liliana Carol has always gone unnoticed in school. She blends into a crowd. Most of the school wouldn't even... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapters 14 & 15 Brendan's POV
Thanks!

Chapter Sixteen

4.7K 149 96
By sporknife

"Hey, Lili," Drew smiles when I walk past his house. He's sitting on his porch, drinking a cup of hot chocolate.

"Hey," I reply, taking a detour from my walk to his porch.

"Want to go somewhere later?" He asks, standing beside my desk. "I think we should celebrate Christmas break."

"It depends on where we might go," I say with my eyebrows raised.

"Perhaps a visit to the movies?" Drew asks with a wink. "The average date."

"I'm down with that," I nod.

"Sweet," Drew sighs. "It's been a while since we've gone on a real date, it feels like."

"We went on one last week."

"Right, but we haven't gone on a lame cliché date yet," Drew says.

"I love cliché dates," I smile.

"Good," he says, bringing me towards him. He plants a kiss on my lips, his hands behind my back. He holds me tight, and I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I couldn't have ended up luckier," Drew says quietly.

Yeah, you've got an average girlfriend and a super hot fake one. How could it get better? I think to myself sadly.

"What's wrong, Lili," he asks, watching me carefully.

"Nothing," I say with a small smile.

"Lili, something's bothering you. What is it?" He asks.

"I was just thinking about that English project we have to do over break," I lie.

"That's going to make the holidays memorable. Five page essays are my favorite," Drew smiles.

"Same here."

"Want to come inside?" Drew asks, releasing me.

I nod my head. "Sure."

He leads me towards the kitchen once we're inside. I raise my eyebrows in surprise. We don't usually do in there.

"I want to make you a delicious meal like all guys do in movies," Drew explains looking determined.

"What kind of movies do you watch?" I ask with a laugh.

"Cool ones."

Then he gets to work. I sit behind the counter on a stool, watching him. He opens a cookbook and starts searching the kitchen for ingredients.

"What are you making?" I ask.

"It's a surprise," he replies, pulling out the flour.

"Chocolate chip cookies," I read off his cookbook.

"Hey, that's cheating," Drew says.

So is having another girlfriend. Whaaaat who said that?

I reach across the counter and grab a handful of chocolate chips from out of the bag. He shakes his head, disappointed.

"I can't believe you," Drew says, still shaking his head. "Stealing my chocolate chips."

"What can I say? I'm a thief," I shrug. So are you. You steal other girl's hearts.

"Yeah that's what I thought," he says, but when he turns around, I take another handful.

"I'm not deaf," he says, still turned around. "The bag does make noise when you stick your hand in."

I laugh quietly, letting the chocolate melt in my mouth.

About ten minutes later, Drew is finished making the cookie batter. He sets it on a pan and sets the timer.

"Alright, we've got ten minutes until they're done. What would you like to do?" He asks.

"It's your house," I shrug.

"Right. I hadn't noticed," he smiles.

"I don't know," I shrug.

"Can you sing?" He asks suddenly.

"What? No!" I exclaim, eyes wide.

"Hey, I just shared my talents with you. It's your turn to share yours with me," he explains.

"Not a chance," I shake my head.

"I hope one day I'll get to hear you sing," he sighs. "And hopefully it'll be a romantic love song to me."

I laugh. "In your dreams."

"Every night."

I smile, looking at my shoes. There's something on my mind that I want to talk about, but I don't want to seem too clingy or jealous. After a minute, I ask anyways.

"How are things going with Mandy?" I ask, directing my focus to the lawn.

"We've talked a little, I guess. She's really nice. She's cool. It isn't nearly as bad as I thought. I mean, not really my type at all. My type has green eyes, brown hair, and a wonderful smile. Her name also starts with an L," Drew winks at me.

"Drew, I never asked if she was your type. But thanks for bringing it up that way," I say with a sigh.

"You asked me how it was going with Mandy," Drew looks confused.

"In the article, not if you find her to be your type," I shake my head. He doesn't understand. It's really reassuring that he's already thinking like that.

"The article is fine. We've gotten stuff done. I've gotten to know her. We've hung out three times now to do the pictures and stuff," Drew says.

"That's why you were busy yesterday when I called," I mutter under my breath, feeling anger bubble inside me.

"Are you jealous?" He asks.

"What do you think?" I ask, getting frustrated. "The girl is obviously beautiful, talented, super cool. She gets to spend a ton of time with my boyfriend. Pretending to be his girlfriend. Yeah, it's cool. I'm fine with it. Go ahead and keep talking about how awesome she is. I'd love to hear about your time together."

"Lili, it's not-"

"I know perfectly well that you aren't simply doing the article," I say, my voice rising.

"You think I would cheat?" He asks.

"That's what scares me. I don't know," I say.

"I wouldn't do that," he says.

"But you would rather spend time with her. I know you do. Okay? It's not hard to see," I say angrily.

"What? No, that's not true," he protests.

"You said it yourself. You aren't sad to have to spend that time with her. I don't blame you, she's quite the package," I say, my gaze never leaving his eyes.

"Lili, no-"

"Shut up, Drew. I don't want to hear it anymore," I shake my head.

"I have a job to do. I have to get the article done. It's not my choice, okay?" He asks, his voice rising.

"But you aren't sad about it either," I raise my eyebrows. "You like to hang out with her. Your time is well spent there."

He doesn't respond.

"As I thought. Go ahead, ask the girl out. I'm leaving," I tell him, my voice venomous.

I stand up to leave, furious. Nothing good every works out the way it should. I just have to accept that. I walk out the front door, and I hear Drew follow behind me. As I'm leaving, Mandy's car pulls up in his driveway.

"Oh, perfect timing," I yell over my shoulder. "Have fun with her. Hey, she should take my spot at the movies later!"

Mandy looks confused as she gets out of the car. She looks as gorgeous as always, hair on top I her head in a messy bun. Jeans and a blue sweater. I look away.

"Lili, wait-"

"Bye, Drew," I say one last time before I'm out of his sight around the corner. I start sprinting now, away from the house.

I hear footsteps following me, a voice calling. I don't want to hear it. I get to the corner, tears filling my eyes. I turn around, watching him come after me. Mandy is still waiting at his house.

"Lili, you can't do this. I won't let you! I am in love with you. I would never trade you out for someone else. Please listen to me," he yells, drawing nearer.

But I turn around and keep going. I can't even see anymore. The tears are falling. The saddest thing is that I don't even believe him. He could never feel a thing like love for me. Not with a girl like Mandy with him all the time.

I start to walk across the road towards my house, but I take one last look back at Drew. He looks upset, regretful almost. I can almost see the truth in his eyes.

But I don't get the chance to be sure.

The impact of a car hitting me stops my focus on him. Suddenly my head is slammed into the ground, my body feeling frail. I take one last look up at the sky before the world gets fuzzy and everything is black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 14.7K 62
WARNING: This book was written when I was 11 and 12 years old so ignore all the mistakes and cringe-ness LOL What's with the petty Cinderella? Her st...
254K 6.3K 39
Colton glared at her. "Not in a million years would I ever date you." Maya is the new girl and she has an odd description; bitchy, careless, funny, a...
59 1 14
Once a former delinquent, after getting to college Aaron changed completely, becoming the quiet and reserved guy while trying to change and better hi...
662 48 36
Aviana Brinley was that one girl in school who was super nice and friendly. She was pretty but not a diva or a boy toy.She was perfect, But was she r...