Little Nightmares : Maw Arena...

By DogInATuxedo

(Picture is not made by me. It's made by my wonderful friend, Dr. Grim.) In This AU, this is The Maw. A Rest... More

Mono's Story
Tricks up my sleeve
SIBLINGS
Blood Lust
False Truth
Escape plan and Watery Graves
Exploration and Snowy Days
Cage Run and A Disease
Confrontation and Despair
The Rise Of Ragdoll
Burning Of The Child 1/2
Burning Of The Child 2/2
guys help me name another child
Fight For Luxury
Midnight Mission
Review
Young Blood and Old Secrets
Q&A question asking place thingy
Q&A
yay new cover after how long
help me think guys
Sweet Bonds (Like Thin Ice)
Depth Duo
Untrust ((APRIL FOOLS CHAPTER))
Play-Date
Newbies
Duties
Ancient Dreams in a Modern Arena
Eyes that cry bloody tears
It's for the Greater Good
All Ghosts Go Away Eventually.

Brutus

3.6K 60 143
By DogInATuxedo

(This story was made before Little Nightmares 2 released so this AU is pretty far for canon.)

EeEeEeEe, did the votes on my social media stuffiessss. I'm able to put this on Wattpad. I mean, I was gonna do this anyway regardless of what you guys said.

sorry not sorry. 

Putting this here since I couldn't fit this in the description : 

((IF YOU WANT TO MAKE FAN-ART OR FAN PMV/ANIMATION/ANIMATIC OF THIS AU PLEASE DO. JUST DON'T CLAIM THE AU AS YOUR OWN, I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE FAN-MADE STUFF FOR MY STORIES--- and if you do make it, please give me the link to it. If It's a website I can comment on I will attack you with love.))

Note from Older DogInATuxedo: The grammar/spelling for older chapters right now is going through editing phases. I am not fully complete with all the older chapters so a chapter may suddenly have worse quality than the others.

Note from even older DogInATuxedo : OK. I'm going to have to specify this since I've been getting questions about this and the canon LN2 a lot.

This book was made around when the first Little Nightmares 2 trailer dropped. Therefore do not expect anything like Mono's Signal Powers, Glitching remains, etc.

------------------------------

The Maw.

A Great Source of amusement for Adults and some Teenagers. Some Teenagers' minds haven't been fully corrupted into liking this stuff.

But this place is a Hellhole for Children.

The Maw is a ship afloat in the sea that kidnaps runaway children from mainland. The Ferryman being the person who takes the children. Sometimes The Maw buys children from The Hunter.

Now, what IS The Maw exactly?

You know the Dog Fighting in late 1830s-1976? Well, replace Dogs with Children, add many more twists, unfair things and a gladiator arena and there you go. That's The Maw

We fight for The Lady's and The Guest's amusement.

We kill our friends just to make them happy.

We Suffer. So that's why we need to escape.

10:00 AM -

Kids were loaded into a large Holding Room. The Holding Room was attached to The Maw's Gladiator Arena. The Holding Room had a Massive barred Window so The Children could watch the fights too. The Holding Room was made out of metal.

The Arena was bowl-shaped, the Arena's ground being Sand. The Arena had two Battle Enter cages on opposite sides. Battle Enter Cages were the final cage(s) you had to sit in before you could begin fighting your opponent. Both Battle Enter Cages had a Holding Room near it.

Above the Arena were thousands of seats for The Guests. The viewing area had fences around the edge to prevent The Guests from tripping and falling into the Arena.

The first battle of the day was about to begin.

There were five children in the Right Holding Room.

A white Boy with black hair covering his eyes, a blue shirt, blue pants, no shoes, and a Chain on his ankle. His name was Seven. His old name being The Runaway Kid. No one knows why exactly he used to be named runaway as it seems he's given himself that name and refuses to tell the tale.

(OC) Another one was also a white Boy. he had brown hair covering his eyes, a dirty dark brown T-shirt and lighter brown pants. His name was Twenty.

The next one was a white girl wearing a light green cloak. She had long brown hair that was surprisingly not tangled at all for the condition you'd soon learn they were in. Half of her face was covered by shadows from her hair. Her name was Two.

Fourth Kid. He wears a black shirt and pants, over which he wears a brown traveling raincoat with a hood. He has black hair too. His name was One.

(GUYS IM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF THIS. MONO AND ONE ARE NOT THE SAME CHARACTERS. ONE IS FROM THE LN1 COMICS AND MONO IS FROM LN2. OK.)

Last Kid. There was a white kid with a dark blue shirt and dark jeans on. His name was Eight, Seven's Half-Brother. Though kids would jokingly call him The Bread Kid because he every-so-often gets fed a ridiculous amount of bread by The Janitor.

Eight claims he gets prophecies though nobody believes him.

The five kids were gathered by the barred window.

"You guys heard the rumor right?" Seven asked, Staring at the other children.

The other children looked at each other than at Seven.

"No..?" Two said.

"What is it?" Twenty asked, very curious to what Seven had to share.

"The Lady bought a new kid from The Hunter." Seven explained.

"Really? I'd think she'd want to save her money." One said.

"It's a rumor, I'm not saying it's true." Seven said.

"Well, I hope it's true." Eight began. "A new child would be interesting."

"Of course you'd want a new child, Bread Kid." One said.

(Here's the Taiko drumming. Any isle of dogs fans here? hmm?)

They suddenly started hearing music, it sounded like it was being played on a Taiko. This could only mean one thing.

"The battle is beginning!" Eight said.

"Did they already select a child for the Battle Enter cage?" Twenty asked.

"No, I don't think so." Seven said.

Suddenly, the Holding Room's door opened. It was The Janitor, a short long-armed Maw employee, holding a Dog Snare Pole. But that of course, wasn't meant for Dogs. It was meant to catch children in a fast way. The snare would extend the already large reach of The Janitor by a lot.

The Kids tried to avoid The Snare since right now nobody was willing to fight.

The Janitor caught Twenty, The Janitor tightened The Pole's grip around Twenty's neck and dragged him out the Holding Room. Twenty depesrately tried to grip onto the smooth metal floor below despite knowing it was no use. The Janitor left with him, shutting the door behind him.

The children immediately gathered around the barred window after The Janitor left. They stared out into the sandy arena, waiting for the battle to begin.

5 minutes passed, the gates of the right Battle Enter Cage raised. Out of the final holding area came Twenty.

"REX, REX, REX, REX!" The Guests chanted. Rex was Twenty's name given by The Guests.

You see, if a new child fights for the first time in The Arena and wins, The Guests are able to name the child whatever they want.

"And today we got a surprise for you! A new child." The Lady announced. She was on a porch high above everything.

"I told you there was a new child!" Seven said only to be shushed by the other children.

They opened the other unopened cage's gates. The gates raised, the Arena suddenly got tense and quiet as the expectations for the reveal of the new child grew.

Since it was so dark inside the Battle Enter Cage, you couldn't even see the child.

Twenty got into a battle stance, ready to face whatever kid he had to.

Finally the child stepped out the shadows.

It was a pale girl who looks to be 9 years old, though the true age couldn't be told with no doubt. She was wearing a bright yellow raincoat, black hair covering her eyes.

A boy, seeming to be the oldest of all the kids, emerged from a crowd of kids off towards the back of the holding room and came over to the barred window. He wore a brown trenchcoat, over that were darker brown cloths. He had a brown paper bag masking his face and all visible skin was littered with scars from many past fights. 

"Hey, she kinda looks like that girl from The Nest." Mono whispered to himself, however he accidentally spoke to loudly.

"Who's her again, I don't recall ever seeing anyone like that?" One asked.

"Oh- Um- Uhhh- She was that kid who was rumored to be The Lady's daughter," Mono said. "It was a rumor in my time when she was still alive. You guys weren't taken to The Maw when she was around."

"Pft, I don't believe it." Two said.

"Me Either, if The Lady ever had a child it'll probably be because she's running dangerously low on fighting children and cannot get more any other way." One said

"That's messed up." Seven said.

"What are you talking about? Life is messed up. I mean, there's nothing else to life besides fighting." Eight said, "At least not now. We lost our free life."

"That's true." Seven said.

--

Twenty charged at Six, Six ran away.

"She's running away?" One said, confused.

"Scared probably." Two stated. "She can't run forever though."

Twenty chased Six around the Arena.

Twenty tripped and fell face first into the Sand. Twenty slowly got up, rubbing the Sand off his face. 

Six was gone, nowhere in the Arena. Twenty- No. Everybody was confused. It was like she vanished into thin air.

"Where did she go?" Eight said, confusion clearly in his voice.

"No clue." Two said.

"HEY." Seven yelled. "LEFT HOLDING ROOM, DID YOU SEE WHERE THAT GIRL WENT?"

"NO. WE DIDN'T." Somebody from the Left Holding Room answered.

Twenty walked around the Arena, confused on what's going on.

The Janitor landed behind The Lady on The Porch.

"Ma'am, it seems like the new child has somehow escaped the Gladiator Arena judging by The Guest's Reaction and the children's. Should we get a new child?"

"No, don't. She's still in there. Let's just say I picked out a very special child from The Hunter." The Lady answered. "Trust me on this."

Twenty stood in the middle of the Arena. He stared up at The Lady, waiting for her to do something. The Lady stared back at him, looking straight into his eyes. He shook in fear a small bit making contact with her.

Suddenly, out of nowhere. Six reappeared, she pounced Twenty, pinning him down.

"Where did she come from?!" Two gasped.

Six stared down at Twenty, she got a strong grip onto the child's throat. Twenty looked up at her in fear, Six stared into Twenty's fearful eyes. Six frowned.

Six snapped Twenty's throat, killing him with a snapping sound that seemed to echo through the arena.

"How did she snap his throat like that? There's no way..." Seven said.

"Did I miss some prophecy?" Eight mumbled to himself.

"Well, Folks. You didn't expect that!" The Lady said.

"What shall we name this new child? It's a girl." The Lady Said.

There was a short silence. Then...

"BRUTUS, BRUTUS, BRUTUS, BRUTUS, BRUTUS, BRUTUS, BRUTUS!" The Guests chanted.

"Brutus. I mean, they're a female but I ain't the name chooser." The Lady said.

"Her name is Brutus! So with a heavy heart she'll guide a knife into the heart of her enemy's!"

The Guest's threw down rose petals and actual flowers, celebrating the Child's victory.

Six looked up and closed her eyes, letting the flowers and rose petals fall onto her face. Accepting her Victory. 

-----------------------------------

1187 Words (Edited word count: 1766)

should be another chapter coming out sometime tonight.

this was made on 3/23/2020 so if you want you can nag me if I didn't keep my promise--

like seriously if I don't put it up by tonight, that means I lied down in bed instead of doing my work and eat cookies or chips while watching Youtube vines and stuff because i was too lazy to do it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 836 17
Wars are not something out of the ordinary, are they? We hear about them every day. But for the people that live them, it is more than a punishment f...
1.1K 131 38
How does the world work? Well, some people are strong, powerful, smart, or manipulative. Some are even all 4! People who can be on top stay on top an...
320 5 12
While tortured and held captive as a prisoner of war, she became my reason to keep breathing. The force that fueled my will to fight. To survive. Whe...
104K 3.7K 33
Book 1/2 Why did I write this...... *shrugs* I dont own anything from little nightmares (duh), also dont own the picture above or any for that matter...