Heir to Jotunheim | ✔

By asavagejoy

BOOK TWO OF THE PROPHECY SERIES Tyr Lokison is now eighteen, carrying the weight of his families prophecy wh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Sixteen

357 28 3
By asavagejoy

~Cleopatras POV~

"Come on sweetheart, today's the day." My Dad leant around my bedroom door, followed by Jamie who was carrying a cup of tea. "Time to get out of bed."

I smiled weakly, and nodded as Jamie placed the mug on my desk. The two men shared a glance, before my Dad spoke again. "If this is too much today, then you don't have to go. Don't feel pressured to go to the coronation after what happened-"

"I want to go." I gulped at their serious faces, which I didn't like seeing. I liked watching them laugh and joke with one another, not feeling pity for me. By the serious glint in their eye, I knew they were reliving what had happened to me last weekend.

"Then that's great." Jamie smiled wide, and nudged my Dad out of the door, "we'll take you to Tyrs when you're dressed."

The door shut behind them, and I relaxed back onto my bed. I'd forced myself to visit school all week, but I hadn't been myself - even I knew that. I only felt like the real Cleopatra when I was with my Dad, Jamie, or Tyr. The three of them had accompanied me to the police station the morning after I'd slept at Tyrs, to hand over the ripped clothes I had been wearing when Nathan...

They'd also taken swabs under my nails as proof of his DNA, as I'd scratched him when he'd tried to force himself on me. After giving a statement, and Loki and Freya's furious entrance into the police station, the process had been sped up and Nathan was jailed with a full sentence. His early birthday in the year meant he was already 18, so he was sent to an adult prison to serve the full time.

Tyr had been... amazing. He knew I wouldn't want pity or sympathy, yet made sure he knew I knew that he was always there if I needed to cry, which I had done on the first day of school after seeing everybody watching me.

I sipped my tea as I got dressed, and picked up my overnight bag of necessities I'd packed with Tyrs help during the week. I would wear Asgardian clothes whilst I was away, so I didn't have a lot of things to take.

"Ready?" Jamie asked, as I met him on the bottom step.

I nodded, and followed my parents out of the house and towards the car.

***

~Tyrs POV~

"Pharaoh!" She stood on the doorstep, smile on her face as she threw her arms around me. I hugged her back, feeling a sense of security wave over me before she stepped back.

"Jamie, William, Mum says you guys can come inside for a bit. Everyone's getting ready to go, but you can stay until we leave."

"Thanks." Cleopatras Dad, William, smiled, and followed us into the house.

Jamie whistled from behind me, and I didn't realise why until I followed his line of sight. I rolled my eyes, and approached the group who were spread out on the sofas. "Everyone, this is Cleopatra, and her dads William and Jamie."

Uncle Tony stood up, and offered them each a handshake. "This is the famous Cleopatra?"

I could see her cheeks blush a furious red, visible even under her makeup. She stuttered out a small, "I guess," before glaring up at me. "You could have warned me they'd all be here." She muttered.

I laughed, and turned slightly so I could whisper into her ear. "Where's the fun in that?"

She playfully pushed my shoulder, and took me up on my unspoken challenge by walking across the group to sit beside Auntie Nat. The two began an immediate discussion, and I smiled at the sight. She needed an opportunity to relax, and I knew that even though it would be stressful at times, escaping to Asgard for a long weekend might be exactly what she needed.

"Tyr, where's your Mum?" William asked, and I gestured to the kitchen.

"She was getting something to eat, last time I saw her." Both William and Jamie smiled gratefully before walking away.

"Freya, stop winding your brother up!" Dad glared at her as the three of them walked downstairs.

Freya narrowed her eyes, and I watched as the laces on Charlie's shoes slid towards each other, and he fell down the last three steps.

Dad spun on his heel, "what did I just say?"

"He started it!" She argued back, "all morning I've had to listen to him moaning at me-"

"Because you spent an entire hour in the shower! Other people need to wash their hair too!"

"Why? Cause you want to hook up with one of the light elves? They won't want to sleep with you, you're only a kid-"

"That is enough!" Mum stormed into the room from the kitchen, and even though she was the only member of my family to not possess magic, she commanded a silence to fall over everyone.

"If none of you stop arguing then you will not go. This is meant to be a happy occasion. Apologise to each other - now."

Freya and Charlie glared at each other, the tension thickening as neither wanted to apologise first. "I mean it," Mum clenched her fists as she glared at them, rubbing a stressed hand over her huge stomach. "Now, otherwise I'm taking Tyr, Cleo, Maya and Brooke, and the both of you stay here."

"I'm sorry." Charlie mumbled.

"Same-"

"Freya." Mum warned.

She sucked in a breath, "I'm sorry too."

"Thank you." Mum smiled, and turned back to Cleopatras dads who were stood in the doorway of the kitchen. "Sorry about that, did you two want a drink?"

Uncle Clint whistled from his seat on the sofa, "I'm glad I've never been on the wrong side of her."

Cleo smiled, and leant back into her seat. "She's pretty fierce isn't she?"

"Damn right she is, she has to live in a house with all these horrible people." Auntie Nat teased, squeezing my cheek as I fell into the chair next to her.

"Hey!" I protested, "I'm nice."

Auntie Nat put on a silly voice, "oh okay, I believe you."

"Mean." I grinned at her.

Cleopatra watched our conversation with a growing smile, but stayed quiet for the majority of it.

Maya arrived shortly after we sat down, with her blonde hair brushed back into a ponytail. She immediately approached Auntie Pepper, and sat beside her as she began babbling about her day and what she was excited to see on Asgard.

"Are we all ready?" Dad walked towards the sofas, nursing Brooke in his arms. "We're leaving now."

As the group of Avengers trudged to the back garden, Cleopatra and I held back. She needed to say goodbye to her dads before leaving for the weekend, and I didn't want to leave her completely alone.

The three exchanged words at the door, and I watched as they enveloped one another in several hugs, before Cleopatra stepped back and shut the door.

I waved a hand to lock it, and hesitantly took her hand in mine. "You ready?"

She smiled up at me, nodding though she looked nervous. "Ready as I'll ever be."

We joined the others outside, although the group was significantly smaller than it had been. Uncle Thor had taken the rest of the Avengers with him, leaving just my family.

Freya gave Cleo an encouraging smile as we joined them on the burnt section of grass Mum had affectionately called the landing site. Dad cast a last glance over us, before lifting his hand.

The world disappeared, our group spinning around an endless abyss before the haze lifted and we opened our eyes to see the Bifrost bridge beneath our feet.

Cleopatras hand tightened around mine, her eyes wide as she stared down the length of the bridge to the palace made of gold at the end. "I'm on a different planet." She whispered.

"Realm." Freya corrected her with a grin, as she lifted Maya up onto a horse that was waiting. Mum climbed onto a second, with a lot of help from Dad, before I took the lead with a third.

"After you, my lady."

Cleo beamed at me, before staring up into the black eyes of the animal. "This is amazing." She whispered.

I climbed on behind her, and waited for Charlie to join Dad. Once everyone was seated, we began the long journey along the bridge and through the town to the palace.

The Avengers were ahead of us, and already attracting attention from the citizens of Asgard who were leaving their stalls and houses to witness the foreign group travel through their homes.

We had a similar reaction when we reached the townsfolk, although more people were bowing. I could feel Cleopatra almost shrinking into my chest at the sight, and I made a note to bring her to the town later to witness it up close to lessen her nerves.

Once we reached the palace, and were stood around the entrance hall, Mum began listing the rooms we would be staying in. Everyone had a room to themselves, although I had a feeling Cleo and I would likely be sharing a room later.

"Are you serious?" I turned to look at Charlie who was scowling through his dark fringe. "I'm sleeping in a room next to Freya?"

Mum sighed, "Why is that a problem?"

"You know Freya! She'll bring someone back to her room and I'll have to listen to them going at it all night-!"

"Maybe I'm not bringing anybody back!" Freya snapped as she turned on Charlie, "I have better things to do than waste my time on the men here-"

"Both of you, quit it." Mum shook her head at them. "Freya, don't bring strangers to your room, and Charlie stop complaining. We're having fun, remember?"

They both nodded grumpily, but I kept an eye on Freya as Mum asked Dad about the plans for the evening. She looked sketchy, as if she was hiding something, but I decided to not question it. She was hiding something, that much was obvious, but it would be up to her to tell me what it was.

***

~Cleopatras POV~

Three knocks rang on the door, and I glanced up at the sound. A lady had just finished dressing me in a thin floaty dress, and strapped my feet into sandal-like shoes.

She'd left a few minutes ago, with the promise of dressing me later for the ball, but hadn't been back since.

I opened the door, and instantly relaxed as I saw Tyr stood waiting for me. He looked devilishly handsome, wearing several layers of shirts with dark trousers and thick boots. His hair was tied with a ribbon-like material, and his wrists were covered in gold plated bands.

I looked up at his blazing green eyes, as he studied the intricate curls my hair was now pinned back in. "You look incredible."

I grinned, and took my time in replying as I let my gaze travel his outfit for a second time. "You too."

"I'm blushing," he grinned. "But seriously, you look amazing."

"Thank you." I stepped out of the room and glanced down the hall. "So what's the plan? I keep hearing something about a ball?"

"There's one this evening, but I thought we could go to the market first." He held his arm out, and I hesitantly wrapped my hand around it.

"You said you needed a date for the coronation." I brought the topic up as we began walking outdoors. "Does that mean everybody will see me as your date."

There was a pause as he thought, a reply forming in his mind. "I think you'll be introduced as my guest, or date or something. Mum told me she used to be introduced as a guest of honour when she was Dads Carer."

I hummed, and let my eyes wander around the bright outdoors. Considering we were in November on Earth, it felt like early summer here. The sun was beating down from above, and the marketplace was brimming with people of all ages enjoying the weather.

My eyes caught sight of a blue stone flashing in the sun, and I gently pulled Tyr to a halt. When he turned around, realising he'd lost my attention, I began walking back to the stall.

An elderly lady was sat behind a table, knitting intricate threads together to form bands. An  old wooden bowl held a selection of glittering jewels and stones, that she was slowly knotting into the strips of fabric.

"Hello," I chirped, hoping to catch her attention.

She looked up at me with a wrinkled smile, "hello my child."

"Did you make all of these?" I peered around the stall at the necklaces that hung from small hooks, and bracelets and rings that sat in hammered silver bowls.

"Indeed," she smiled, "it earns me a penny or two." She paused work on her current bracelet, and picked up the small band I had been admiring moments before. "The stones are found on the beaches after high tide. I collect them myself, and use the leathers and ribbons that the fair folk round here don't need anymore."

I was enthralled, and nodded as she told me the tale of how she made her craft. "Well I think they're simply beautiful." I smiled, "really, I love them."

She patted my hand softly, and stepped back to her chair so she could sit down. "Are you here with the dark haired prince?"

I turned to see her eyes focused on Tyr, who stepped forward from where he'd been stood to the side. "Good morn."

"Good morn to you, your highness. Give these to your mother." Tyr accepted a brown parcel wrapped in string from the woman, before leaning across the table to hug her. "Stay safe!" She called as we walked away, and both Tyr and I waved back.

"She seems lovely," I glanced up at Tyr. "What did she give to your Mum?"

"When Mum first lived here, Dad gave her money to explore the market by herself. She fell in love with a bracelet, and paid for it with her wages. She wears it everyday, and Dad charmed it so it couldn't be damaged." I followed Tyr down a flight of stairs that led to a food market, with stall keepers crying for people to buy their fresh produce.

"Every time Mum comes back, she buys anther bracelet. Each of us have one now, and I think these are for Uncle Tony's daughter."

I frowned, "Tony Stark, Uncle Tony?"

Tyr nodded, but held a finger to his lips, "no one knows Auntie Pepper is pregnant, so you have to keep quiet."

We began walking back to the palace, but I felt questions flying round my mind. "She doesn't look pregnant..."

"Twelve weeks." He nodded, "they're releasing a press statement after they get back home."

"I see."

We reached the doors, just as Maya bounced through them. Freya was following after her, furiously tapping at the screen of her phone. She looked up as we walked past, "Tyr, I though Dad said we got signal here?"

"Only in a few rooms," he replied, "why? Do you need it?"

"Kind of." She bit her lip. "I need to watch Maya though."

Seeing the worrying look on her face, I lifted my hand. "I'll watch her for you."

"Really? She's not been to Asgard before, she won't know where she's taking you."

I shrugged, "Tyr just showed me the market, I can take her back there? And then we can be back in time for the ball."

"You're a lifesaver." She grinned, before spinning on her heel and running up the stairs.

I looked up at Tyr, "want to come with us?"

He was distracted by someone in the palace, his brows pulled into a frown as he shook his head. "I'm sorry, I have to go and..." he looked down at me, and pressed his lips to my forehead. "I'll meet you at your room before the ball, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded, and watched him chase after the path of his sister.

I sighed, and turned back to Maya who looked infatuated with the view in front of her. "Shall we go and explore?"

***

~Tyrs POV~

"It's important, my love. I won't be long."

"Well stay safe-"

"It's my kingdom Dahlia..."

I cast a silencing charm over my body, and jogged towards the conversation. I knew Dad had spoken a lot about needing to work from Jotunheim, and as the ruler he needed to be with his people for a while, but I had still never been. He was so strict that nobody could go with him, but this could be my chance.

If I could just reach him in time.

I slipped through a side door, and hurled myself up the stairs that led to my parents room. Dad stepped out of the door, and in a wave of green, we were gone.

As soon as the haze faded, I threw an invisibility spell over myself. If he knew I was with him then I would be in deep trouble.

Dad wasted no time in marching away, his form moulding into the blue Frost Giant that I rarely got to see.

Instinctively, I changed too. Even though I knew nobody would see me, I felt like I ought to honour my heritage whilst in Jotunheim.

Jotunheim.

I was finally in the land of the Frost Giants.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hello!

Thank you for all the lovely comments and votes on my books recently, it's really made me smile and I cannot thank you enough.

I hope everybody is okay during these stressful and scary times - comment or send me a message if you want a chat!

X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 7.1K 41
•[COMPLETED]• This is about an highschool model named Angel who is tired and bored of the same old boring life. Each day,she wishes to quit but she d...
13.1K 329 20
CN: Mentions of abuse, unhappy homes, self harm ...never did run smooth. After a year as Albus Dumbledore's assistant, Minerva McGonagall finally bec...
47.5K 1K 6
Charlie's POV on hermione through the years. A/N this is my first ever story and I'm sure it's going to be terrible so bear with me.
858K 45.5K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...