Rise of the Phoenix(Villain!D...

By Hexcss

Disclaimer: This is the sequel of my first book called "Mind vs Might", so make sure to read that before read... More

New Beginning
To be a Hero
Training Begins
Old Allies
UA Entrance
UA Life
Unexpected
Museum Fight
The General Fights
Knives and Shadows
Aftermath
The Festival
Old Hell
Gateway to the Past
Old vs New
To the Camp
The Admiral
Island Warfare
Island Warfare 2
Port Battle
Grand Admiral
Consequences
Internships
Remnants of the Past
League of Villains
Threats from the past
Peace?
Fenik
Start
H.Qs
Return of the General
The Fuhrer
The Emperor
The End
Epilogue
Do you Heil?

Path

4.3K 109 133
By Hexcss

We can see the Todoroki household at a distance. It is at midnight. Everyone is sleeping; Riza is in her room while Izumi and Shoto were on theirs.

Suddenly Izumi woke up to see nobody by her side.

Izumi: 'He must have gone somewhere.'

Izumi was about to stand up when suddenly she felt another presence in her room. She looked around to see no one but then.

???: You have failed!

The voice surprised her.

???: You are a complete farce! Hiding behind a mask of lies!

Izumi: Who is there?!

???: Do you really think that boy would want to train with you if you knew what you have done?!

Izumi: W-wha-

???: Don't act so surprised! You know what you have done! You are the reason for his suffering, you are the reason he can barely reach ends meet, you are the reason so many other people are being abused right now, you are the whole reason everything that has happened until has happened!

Izumi: No, no, no, no...

???: Yes! You can't deny it! You know it better than anyone! All the deaths you are responsible, all the suffering, if the civil war had ended when it should have, we would be in a better world right now, yet you ruined it!

Izumi looked around the room for the voice source, but it looked like it was coming from everywhere.

Izumi: Show yourself.

???: I'm right here, sis.

Izumi quickly turned around in shock to see her brother all bruised and wounded behind her while he had his two swords.

Izumi: I-it can't b-be..... I-I...

D.P: You what?! Killed me?! Hahahaha! Oh, you still haven't learned, right?

At that moment, Phoenix charged at her and pinned her down to the ground using his swords.

D.P: I always come back!

Phoenix took out one of his swords that was pinning her and raised it.

D.P: Everything you've built... Will fall.

Phoenix lowered his sword and sliced her neck.

...

Suddenly Izumi woke up to the screams of her husband.

Shoto: Izu! Izu! Are you okay?! You were sweating and moving frantically!

Izumi quickly sat on her bed and looked around the room. She then calmed herself down.

Izumi: It was a nightmare...

Shoto: Oh... Another one?

Izumi: Yeah..... My brother was there... Even after all these years..... I still have a feeling that he will come back to get his revenge...

Shoto: Listen...

He grabbed his wife's hand.

Shoto: I know it is hard, but... Your brother died thirty years ago...
He is not coming back... And even if he did... I am here with you... Don't worry...

Shoto hugged his wife.

Izumi: Thanks, Shoto...

Shoto: Now let's go back to sleep its midnight, and we have things to do tomorrow, like training Shihiro.

Izumi: Yeah, you are right...

Izumi went back to sleep, but one thought crossed her mind.

Izumi: 'What will Shihiro do... If he learned the truth?...'

The next day...

Shihiro made his way to the place where he had to meet Izumi. As he was going out of the ghetto, he saw a small protest.

Shihiro: 'I hope it doesn't escalate.'

Shihiro kept going until he finally reached the meeting place where Izumi was waiting for him. Izumi smiled at the boy.

Izumi: Ready?

Shihiro: Ready!

Izumi flew away with Shihiro. The thought of last night was still on her head; how would the boy react? She momentarily forgot about those thoughts as the boy made a conversation with her; he liked to ask about how other parts of the country where and even how other countries where she found her conversation with him quite entertaining.

When they reached her house, Izumi left him again at the beginning of the road and went to her house. Shihiro once again made his way up the road. He managed to finish it this time in 40 minutes instead of 45. When he reached the top, he was greeted by Riza, who had a towel and a bottle of water.

Riza: Hi, Shi!

Shihiro: Hi, Riza!

Riza: Here! Take this!

Riza handed him the towel and the bottle.

Shihiro: Thanks, Riza! That's really nice!

Shihiro smiled at him, which made Riza blush a little, but she couldn't help but smile back.

From the balcony, Izumi watched as the teenagers interacted, but that thought still crossed her mind.

Izumi: 'It's now or never.'

When the two teens entered the house, Izumi went to them.

Izumi: Riza, can I borrow Shihiro for a moment?

Riza: Huh? Oh Y-yeah.

Izumi: Shihiro, come with me.

Shihiro followed Izumi into the training room; they both sat down in the middle of it.

Izumi: I overheard your conversation with Riza yesterday.

Shihiro: W-what?!

Izumi: You still remember the two principles Riza told you, right?

Shihiro: Yeah, Never forget what you are fighting for and Cherish your loved ones.

Izumi: Good, if you want to continue training under me, you must understand where those principles came from. You know Dark Phoenix, right?

Shihiro: Yes, he was the Fuhrer of the Q.R.A.

Izumi: Yes, he was, the thing is he was my brother.

Shihiro: Your brother?!

Izumi: Well, half brother, he had different fathers; I will tell you the story of how everything that has happened came to be.

Izumi explained about her brother and how he was quirkless; she also told him about the idea she had made with her friends. She told him about the bullying and also about the incident that took him away; she narrated the U.S.J. battle and the speech of the U.A. festival as well as Hosu, she told him about the training camp and then about his address that resulted in the birth of the Q.R.A. She told him about the civil war and how she fought on it and the things she did.

When Izumi ended, Shihiro was shocked or even more than shock; he almost couldn't believe it, but seeing her sad expression as she narrated the events made him think she was definitely not lying.

Izumi: I... I will understand if you no longer want to train under me..... I am responsible for your suffering, after all.....

Shihiro: No... I do...

Izumi lifted her head to look at him in surprise.

Shihiro: I don't think you are a terrible person, true you made horrible decisions and bad mistakes, but that is how we learn, right? The proof you made those principles your core values is proof that you have learned... The job of an apprentice is to surpass and be better than their master... So I want to be your apprentice, and with your help, I want to beat you and do what you weren't able to do, that is my goal.

Izumi was shocked by his words but then smiled at the boy; there might still be hope after all.

Izumi: Then let us continue.

Shihiro: Yes, mam!

Izumi: Your path to being a hero begins now!

From that day on, Shihiro would work even twice as hard to reach his goal. Izumi made him go through the obstacle course every time he came, then he would do strength, speed, and stamina exercises that would drive him to his limits. He then would do the game of tag against Riza to catch her. Izumi noticed significant progress for Shihiro; he was really putting it his all. The changes were beginning to be noticeable.

After just two weeks, Shihiro finally managed to complete the obstacle course without getting hit by a single trap. That same day he finally managed to catch Riza. Although they accidentally tripped and fell, landing in an uncomfortable position for them, resulting in their faces look like a tomato and a very amused Izumi.

The day after that, Izumi made Shihiro go through the course again to make sure it wasn't luck, and once again, he did it without getting hit once. He then did his regular exercise routine, and then she had to go up against Riza, who was still blushing due to the events of the previous day, but this time there was a change.

Izumi: Okay, since you can catch Riza now, let's change things a little.

Shihiro: How?

Izumi: Your goal is still the same to catch Riza, but now Riza will use her quirk.

Shihiro had almost forgotten about Riza's quirk; whenever he asked, she always told him it was a secret.

Shihiro: You will now tell me what is your quirk?

Riza laughed.

Riza: I'd instead show you!

Izumi: Very well, then! Start!

From beneath Riza, suddenly, many spikes made their way towards the unsuspecting Shihiro, who had barely any time to dodge, almost getting pierced by one of them.

Riza: Ehh! I'm sorry that was probably too much for the first time!

Izumi: And here I thought you would go easy on your crush - she murmured.

Riza: Mom!

Shihiro stood up.

Shihiro: Its okay, life is not easy, then why should this?

Riza: If you say so.

Shihiro was ready for the spikes to come at any moment but was surprised to see Riza snapping her fingers just for a barrage of flames to be shot against him; again, Shihiro barely dodged the incoming attack. Shihiro was then surprised to see a bunch of roots shot out of the floor and for them to then grab him and trap him.

Riza: Well, I think I won!

Riza then made the whole room go back to normal...

Shihiro stood up.

Shihiro: Just what the hell is your quirk?!

Meanwhile, Riza rubbed the back of her head while smiling and laughing a bit.

Izumi: Her quirk is elementokinesis.

Shihiro: Elementokinesis? So you can-

Riza: Yeah, I can control the primary elements in all their states of matter and energy!

Shihiro: That really is powerful...

Izumi: Well, I think you have had enough, for now, rest a little bit; it is good to sleep as well. I will leave you to your house in 25 minutes.

Izumi left the room, and Shihiro dropped to the ground while sitting; Riza did the same and sat in front of him.

Shihiro: Your quirk really is powerful, Riza...

Riza: Yeah, I guess it is.

Shihiro: You know... There is something that is bothering me... And more now that I know what quirk you have...

Riza: What is it?

Shihiro: Why didn't your mom give One for All to you? With your quirk, you would probably be invincible.

Riza: Weeell, she did offer it to me, she told me about it when I was 10, she told me how my grandfather passed it down to her, but I told her I thought it was a bit selfish to keep that power just for our family, I told her to keep it and give it to someone else outside that deserved it, and well seeing you... I turned out okay...

Shihiro: Thanks -he said while smiling.

Riza: I also have a question that I have been making myself... Shihiro, do you go to school or something similar?... I mean, it's just you are brilliant, so I guessed you went somewhere...

Shihiro: No, I don't; the current laws don't allow me to pursue formal education.

Riza: Then...

Shihiro: My mom taught me the basics when I was little, I started going to the library. The librarian, Mr Jizen, allowed me to enter without charge; he also volunteered to teach me about subjects. Apparently, he was a teacher before the civil war. Still, he was then drafted during the renaissance; he is a really good man, and I think Mr Jizen regrets some actions of his during the war, so I think he wants to make it up in some small way.

Riza: That is nice! Hey, when you have One for All, will you enter U.A.?

Shihiro: Well, I think so, at least, I will do my best to enter it!

Riza: Cool! We will be able to see each other more!

Shihiro: Yeah - he said while smiling.

Izumi: Shihiro! Its time to go!

Shihiro quickly stood up as well as Riza.

Shihiro: Well... Goodbye-

He was surprised when Riza suddenly hugged him.

Riza: Goodbye.

Riza then let go of Shihiro to see he was blushing; she blushed as well. Maybe she had gone too far? She was then surprised to see him smile.

Shihiro: See ya tomorrow! Riza!

Shihiro then left the room. Riza then smiled to herself.

Riza: Yeah, tomorrow...

In Northern Japan.

A military dressed man walked into the building with rows of soldiers at his side.

They all saluted him as he passed. When the man entered the building, he saw many other officers busy doing their jobs, but they still saluted him. He was walking through the building when a voice caught his attention.

???: If it isn't the great young General!

The man turned. There he saw who called him.

The General saluted him.

General: Grand Admiral Thrawn, sir!

Thrawn: Stand down.

The General did as he told.

Thrawn: I take it you have found it already?

General: Yes, sir!

Thrawn: And have you informed him?

General: I am on my way, sir.

Thrawn: Then, I shall not hold you back any further.

General saluted and went on his way.

As he finally reached his destination, he saw a man standing in front of the room.

General: 'Why he needs bodyguards is beyond me.'

When the General appeared in front of the guard, he saluted and stepped out of the way.

When he entered, he saw a military dressed man sitting on a chair. However, he was giving him his back, the man was watching a camera where a big house could be seen, he turned off the camera and turned around to face the General.

General: Sir, we have received information that confirms the location of the artefact.

???: Do you know if it is the real one?

General: Our networks say it is.

???: Very good then. Take your time to prepare, General, I will not allow anything else than victory.

General: Understood, sir.

General saluted and left the room.

???: The path to victory is unravelling before us...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 6.5K 53
Midoriya was the class scapegoat due to his lack of a quirk. In the world of quirks, not all men are created equal. When what's left of his dream is...
16.5K 614 23
I grew up wanting to be a hero... A hero that could save everyone. A hero, smiling to reassure others, like All-Might! The greatest hero! This world...
542K 13.5K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...
58.4K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...