Protecting and Healing You

By rachel_dulay

{completed} On the one of the craziest nights in New York, a fire had taken place that afternoon, a riot at n... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Bonus Chapter.

Chapter 22.

1.3K 41 0
By rachel_dulay

Amelia and I had stayed the night considering Nellie was here and both boys were at working, as of right now the four of us sat at the small table that's considered their dinning table. We avoided the elephant into the room until we finished our breakfast.

"So what the hell is gonna happen with her dad?" Leo asks yawning as he leans back in his seat. Finley was in charge of Amelia's case.

"Well I've contacted some police officers in California and their sending all of what they have on him" Finley says as we watch him stand up. He reaches for his coffee mug and Amelia's, silently asking her if she wanted more. She nods.

"And I build a case from there. I hope that bastard gets himself in jail he had one hell of a punch" Finley scoffs as he pours the coffee.

"I really am sorry for that" Amelia says.

I look up at my boyfriend amused, he wiggles his eyebrows at me. He too noticed their change in interactions.

"Yea well i won't be sorry when I'm throwing his ass in jail" He scoffs and comes back.

"Will the trail be here in New York?" I question, Finley shrugs.

"Most likely unless they wanna bring Amelia down to be a witness but" he shrugs again. I nod before we all become silent.

"So what's the urgent call you got?" I ask my boyfriend who looked exhausted.

"Well it's kinda very confidential but Nellie's case opened up again" he sighs squeezing his eyes shut and sighing.

"What the hell do you mean?" I question mad.

"Her dad came back" He sighs. Finley takes a look at his best friend.

"Okay you know what, I think it's been a long night and I know we could all use a good nights rest" Finley announces. Amelia looks at him.

I cast a glance at my boyfriend "I agree" I nod following Finley's suggestion. The two of us stand up and begin to clear the table, Leo and Amelia making small talk.

"Daddy?" We all hear, Finley and I snap our heads up to the hall from the sink. Leo was immediately to his feet, disregarding his coffee.

"Hi baby" he says and plasters up a smile as he picks her up and sets her on his hip. Everyone in the room watches as the two interact and I can confirm that everyone's heart swelled and broke at the same time considering the news Leo had broke to us.

I place the plate I was holding into the sink, I hear Finley sigh beside me. I look to him and he gives me a tight smile and rubs my back before moving past me.

"I'm heading to bed, I'm exhausted" Finley announces and we all nod.

I watch as Leo yawns again before he smiles at Nellie "okay well, how about I get some food in this pretty girls tummy while you head to bed yes?" Amelia begins as she heads towards my boyfriend.

Nellie begins to pout "sorry pumpkin, I worked all night and I need to get some shut eye" he smiles sleepily at her. She nods and allows Amelia to hold her.

I watch as my boyfriend retreats to his bedroom very tense.

"So how do you feel about eggs Nellie?" Amelia asks as the two come into the kitchen. Nellie makes a face, I laugh.

"We can make waffles and top it all with fruit, maple syrup and whipped cream" I suggest to her. She nods immediately and I smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Well looks like you've had quite the beating this week"my brothers tease me as I settle down beside and across from them. I flip them off.

Seeing as I was still off this whole week I had spent the week with Nellie and worrying about Leo and Nellie's father. I couldn't help but worry.

"Do you have to be such assholes?" I question my brothers. They chuckle.

"You feeling okay though Jules?" Archie asks me, throwing his arm around the back of my chair. I nod.

Isaiah left immediately after the wedding needing to get back to work but Archie was currently still in New York. He and I were probably just about as close as Isaiah and I considering Cooper was a lot more older then me.

"I'm fine" I brush my brother off "completely fine" I nod.

"Okay well, let's get this started because I'm starving"Archie mumbles, I roll my eyes.

"Is life all about food for you?" Cooper asks, our brother shrugs. Archie leans over and kisses my cheek.

We continued to talk as we are, conversation obviously flowed easily between us, it always has even on the first day we met, the four of us bonded over the movie, Private Ryan.

"So has anyone heard from Isaiah?" Cooper asks. We shake our heads.

"I tried to get as much information out of him about this mystery girl at the wedding but yet nothing, he's a sneaky bastard"Archie says.

"Did you have any luck Julie?" Cooper asks.

"Nope, he just repeated whatever he said in his letter he sent out" I shrug disappointed as I stab into my salad. I had ordered a Greek salad originally but snatched half of Archie's BLT much to his dismay.

"Well he's become the most boring brother there is" Archie rolls his eyes.

"He just doesn't wanted to be pestered with bombing questions about his relationship" Cooper says spoken like a true older brother.

"I cannot believe I'm the only single bachelor left" Archie sighs. I laugh and pat his bicep.

"I'm sure Jane can hook you up with one of her friends" Cooper suggests.

Archie muster ups a weird face and I smile "yea no, I'd rather be a bachelor my entire life"

"You can't go to the bar every night" Cooper rolls his eyes at his brother. "Your bachelor ways will die hard will you and follow you to the grave brother"

"Maybe one day he'll find a girl like Isaiah had, overseas"I suggest and Archie laughs out loud, obnoxiously loud. "Well don't judge a book by its cover asshole"I whack him. He shuffles back.

"Okay anyways" Cooper rolls his eyes "you two honestly act like children, sometimes isaiah looks older compared to the two of you"

"And you always suck the fun out of everything" Archie snaps back.

"I only act childish when he's around, don't you agree I am much more mature then all three of you combined" I smile at my older brother. He sighs and shrugs.

I reach for my glass of water and chuckle at my two brothers, there was always a void when one brother wasn't seated with us during our sibling lunches or breakfasts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had entered the apartment later that afternoon with my brothers and running some errands like getting groceries, Amelia was at work so I expected the apartment to be silent. I was shocked to find a new vase with red roses sitting on the counter.

Dropping the bags of food on the counter I grab the envelope that was sitting within the flowers.

Be ready for 7 beautiful ;)
Love,
Leo

I smile to myself before putting the note down. The two of us haven't really had a date in a while since Nellie came into our lives not like I mattered though but Nellie would be with Isla and Stephanie for the next couple days so I guess Leo thought tonight would be a good date night.

I thought considering it was only four in the afternoon I would clean the apartment up before showering and getting ready. I did my makeup simple, Leo liked it better when I wore minimal makeup and I didn't mind it either because whenever I worked I didn't even wear makeup.

I wore one of my favourite white dresses despite me not liking dresses as much, I paired it with a pair of black heels and grabbed a matching black clutch to throw in some lipstick, my phone and any important cards I needed and always carried.

"Julie?" A voice yells telling me someone had entered the apartment. I smile as I walk out to where I figured the voice was coming from.

I smile at my boyfriend as he stood in front of me with a suit and his hair still damp from what I assume was his shower.

He looks up at me at the sound of my voice "wow" he whistles "my girlfriend is smoking hot" he teases and winks. I smirk and do a small spin for him "okay now your teasing" he says. I chuckle.

He slides his arm around my waist and leans down to kiss me, I hum "so are you ready for dinner?" He questions. I nod as I grab my keys.

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going?" I question.

"There's no fun in doing that"he says. I roll my eyes as I allow him to guide me out of my apartment. He kisses my cheek as we let the door close behind me.

"You are beautiful" he whispers in my ear "you always are but"he says. I shiver and look up at him.

"Thank you"I blush "you clean up nicely as well" I say as I tighten his tie. He smiles and kisses my forehead.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was always a tradition whenever we went to fancy restaurants that we got whatever the chef recommended, it just made our dinner dates even more enjoyable.

"I have no idea what this is but is fucking delicious" my boyfriend says as he leans over the small round table we were sitting at, a candle between us. I laugh.

"I agree, no idea what it is but it's delicious" I say as I put another spoonful in my mouth. "So can I ask what made you decide this?" I question.

"I can't take my girl out?" He asks, offended. I smile and shake my head.

"You can, but there's always a but and I would know" I say. He sighs and looks around. "Oh it's important"

"Nellie's dad is mad like Amelia's dad mad and will probably take me to court" he announces very quietly.

"He's a criminal"

"Who has a lot of money and was bailed out" he says. I raise an eyebrow "I know, annoying. He's using his family's money" he nods with an eye roll.

"Chief and I are building a huge case with the social worker and it's most likely I'll win of course but it's just annoying" he shrugs.

"I'm sorry" I say.

"It is what it is, I'm just annoyed he's using his family's money for all of this" he says agitated. I watch as he reaches over for his wine.

"Alright how about from here now we don't talk about your work, it's stressing me out"I joke. He nods.

"When do you head back to work?" He questions.

"Monday" I nod. It was Friday.

"How long is Nellie with your mother and Isla?"

"All weekend" he smiles at me.

"Oh wow" I shake my head with a smile. He smirks and me over the candlelight. He was up to no good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I listen to Leo's heartbeat as he continues to rub my bare back. I look over at his nightstand to see it was ten am, the two of us hadn't been awake for that long, only waking up maybe a half hour ago.

I don't think it takes a genius to know that we took of advantage of not having Nellie in the apartment last night.

"Do you think Finley's home?" I question as I drag my hand across his muscled abdomen.

"Hmm maybe not, he's been busy with Amelia's case but he could be asleep so who knows" my boyfriend shrugs. I blush at the thought that his best friend could be home when we're across the hall, naked.

I lean up and place my chin on his chest "thank you for last night" I whisper, he chuckles and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Always a pleasure beautiful" He says.

"I love you"I say. He strokes my cheek, his gaze on his finger before meeting my eyes.

"I love you too" he answers back "I love you so much Jules, like holy shit" he says and I chuckle.

"That was very high school of you" he shrugs.

"You make me feel like a teenager boy again"

"Is that a good thing of a bad thing?"

"A good thing" he nods "a very good thing" he says. I lean up and kiss him, he cups my cheek.

"You make me feel like a teenage girl too"I whisper once we pull away.

He smiles "but right now your teenage girlfriend is starving" I joke. He laughs.

"Okay, we can head out?" He suggests.

"You two don't have food do you?" I question referring to him and Finley.

"Maybe" he says, I roll my eyes.

"I guess we're heading out" I nod. He kisses me again and I smile.

"You can take the bathroom first, you take longer"

"Don't be rude"I say whacking him lightly. He chuckles. I roll out of his bed and reach for his shirt that was disregarded on the floor. I turn to him, he was starring at me with lust. I roll my eyes.

"Stop starring" I blush, he chuckles and throws his arms behind his head.

"I really can't help it, your beautiful" he shrugs. I blush even harder as I head to my drawer in his room and pull out some clothes.

"You know it would be easy to just shower together" he suggests.

"Oh no, you've had your fun last night" I say and turn to him, he pouts "but if your good at breakfast"I say in a sing song matter as I head to his connecting bathroom "we'll see"I shrug with a smile before I close the door behind me. I hear him groan as I laugh and smile.

That boy was simply something else and it was no doubt that I had fallen hard for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 9.3K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...
15.5K 337 8
"You are beautiful Blair, I can't keep my desire down from you. We shouldn't be doing this..." "Ian... please... I want this, I've never..." she didn...
159 10 14
My hands were trembeling around my gun as I slowly stepped closer to the sound of screams. It was my third day as a police officer, and also the firs...
9.8K 1K 43
*Featured story* "An absolute void was embracing me, a sensation that was all too familiar to me. As far as I could remember, that was what my dreams...