The Reject

By FlyingAUnicorn

"Home, he felt like home." Willow Greene was 'Rejected' by the most popular guy in school, Hunter Reed, who w... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Seventeen More Days, Or Not.
Chapter 2: The New Tenant.
Chapter 3: When The Night Falls.
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Encounter.
Chapter 5: Welcome to Onyxscar.
Chapter 6: Who Are You Trying To Fool?
Chapter 7: The Prince.
Chapter 8: The Breath Of Life.
Chapter 9: The Night Wolf.
Chapter 10: Doctor Rowan To The Rescue.
Chapter 11: If Not Mates Then What?
Chapter 12: Party Panda.
Chapter 13: Jealousy.
Chapter 14: Because You Exist.
Chapter 15: The Night Is Still Young.
Chapter 16: Girlfriend?
Chapter 17: The Attack.
Chapter 18: The Theories.
Chapter 19: Red Alert! Rowan's Gone Crazy!
Chapter 20: Mine.
Chapter 22: 'Sole'mate.
Chapter 23: Willow's New Jam.
Chapter 24: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part I)
Chapter 25: Living in Hell Be Like: (Part II)
Chapter 26: Back To School Yay...Sob Sob.
Chapter 27: The Kiss.
Chapter 28: The Alpha.
Chapter 29: Insecurities.
Chapter 30: Prince Rowan's Harem.
Chapter 31: Lark.
Chapter 32: She's Dead.
Chapter 33: #FML.
Chapter 34: How To Earn Money The Quickest.
Chapter 35: Suspicions.
Chapter 36: Kidnapped!
Chapter 37: Willow's Secret Recipe.
Chapter 38: The Heavenly Tour.
Chapter 39: Meeting The Goddess.
Chapter 40: It Comes To Light.
Chapter 41: The Moon's Mark.
Chapter 42: Where's Rowan?
Chapter 43: Marked (Part I).
Chapter 44: Marked (Part II).
Chapter 45: Marked (Part III).
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter I.

Chapter 21: Soulmates.

20.2K 790 129
By FlyingAUnicorn

Willow felt warm all over, being held by Rowan and holding him back. But on a second thought, aren't Vampires supposed to be cold to touch?

"Rowan?"

"Yes?" Came a reply a moment later.

"Why are you warm?"

"Because," began Rowan. "I aim to be your own personal heater."

Willow felt her heartbeat quicken, more so than it was already beating. "Are you trying to kill me? By saying stuff like that?" Willow buried her head in his chest.

Rowan chuckled, vibrating Willow.

"I'm not trying to kill you, that is for sure. But," paused Rowan. "I might be trying to woo you."

"Stop it! You should know that I'm still mad at you."

Rowan pulled back to stare at her face. "Why? I'll do everything, for you to forgive me."

"There are a lot of things, for one you ignored me for a whole week, that too without any explanation." Willow poked his chest.

"Well, I didn't want to do it either, but I had to. My feelings for you were growing, and I could see that you liked me too," Willow blushed with the fresh blood in her body at that, what did he mean by 'you liked me too'? Was she that obvious?. "But it wasn't possible between us. I didn't want to hurt you in the end when I find my mate. My Soulmate."

"Natasha said that I might be your Soulmate." Willow said quietly. Maybe she wasn't his soulmate but Willow didn't like the thought of him with anyone else.

Rowan pulled her tighter to him. "Yes, I'm coming there." Rowan smiled one of his breathtaking smile. "When I first met you, it was because you were bleeding that I was drawn." Willow furrowed her brows, but then she remembered that Triple had clutched her chin a bit too tightly, she did get a cut on her chin and then Rowan had given her his handkerchief.

Willow's eyes widened. "So, you helped me because you smelled my blood?"

"Your blood smelled so sweet, I wanted to taste it, it was nothing like the the ones I have ever tasted before, that was perhaps the first time I came acro—"

"Wait, stop. Forward a bit I don't want to listen to that part." Said Willow, even though she did enjoy being complimented by Rowan, she didn't want to hear him talk about her blood being tasty.

"One finds their Mate, from the other's blood. I could smell yours from miles away and I was worried that other Vampires would smell and would hurt you."

"You were planning on eating me?" Willow shrieked.

"I wasn't!" Said Rowan not meeting her gaze. "Okay fine, I wanted to taste your blood but at the same time I didn't want to hurt you. Nor did I want other Vampires to be attracted to you because of your sweet blood. So that doesn't mean that I was planning on eating you, just tasting would have been sufficient."

Willow narrowed her eyes, but she believed what he said. "Tasting and eating is the same thing."

"I'll never hurt you, even though I just did a moment ago, but I promise that I'll never hurt you again."

"So other Vampires huh? Are there a lot in Onyxscar?" Said Willow after moment of silence, since she knew that if he continued she'd end up confessing her undying love for him. She felt like he would feel that she was bluffing, seeing how they've hardly known each other for long, but she felt like she's known him forever.

Rowan nodded, he looked like he was ready to tell her everything, even his card pin. "The party we went to, more than half the people there, were Vampires."

"For real?" Willow's eyes widened in disbelief. Almost all the students from her school had attended the party, without most of Hunter's lot, since according to Melody, a lot of them were still back at the camp.

Willow wondered how many were at the camp.

But then again, though she wasn't liked by many people at school for no absolute reason, none of the Vampires had ever physically hurt her. So she put them in her good book. Excluding the ones who blindly followed Hunter.

"You don't have to worry, I'll protect you." Rowan smiled, teeth and all.

Willow was now sure that her heart was doing the hula dance. Vigorously, at that. "Shut up, you have blood on your teeth."

"Really?"

"No." Said Willow after she saw Rowan run his tongue on his teeth making Rowan stop and give her a long stare that said, 'why?'.

"The handcuff on your hand feels uncomfortable." Said Willow after a long silence but it wasn't a lie, the handcuff was biting into her waist were his hand rested, it didn't allow her to focus solely on Rowan.

Rowan loosened his hold, then abruptly hissed, giving Willow a heart attack. You never know when Rowan will go back to being a blood sucker.

"What is it?" Willow asked warily.

"The handcuffs are made of silver."

"Can't Vampires touch silver?" She didn't know much about Vampires, her knowledge only came from some of the teen fiction books that she had read.

Before Rowan could answer, Willow heard a lot 'BANG' behind her, which gave her another heart attack. Her heartbeat sped up. Willow felt Rowan grimace.

Turning her head to the door, Willow found a lot of shocked gazes meeting hers and Rowan's. The door which was previously shut now laid on the floor.

Rowan's mother, his—probably—sister, the blue robed girl and a giant guard, who she was sure broke the door down, stood at the broken door.

Guards poured in from the door, fully armed, they rushed towards Willow and Rowan.

"Rowan, let her go." Said Rowan's mother.

That is when it clicked in Willow that they all must think that he was still crazy and under the poison's control.

"And why should I do that?" Said Rowan.

Rowan's mother looked like she was about to tell the gurads to hold him down, but the she blinked, shocked. "You're talking, he's talking!"

Willow had an odd feeling that Rowan was a baby who just spoke his first word, at least that is how his mother was acting.

"Of course I am."

"Hey! Why are you cranky?"

"Because you're intruding. I want to talk with my mate."

Willow stiffened when everyone seemed to notice her. She pushed at Rowan's chest to ask him to let her go.

Rowan looked at her as if she wronged him. Her cheeks reddened. Willow was sitting right on Rowan's lap, though she didnt want to let him go herself, she knew it isn't a nice sight when a couple are acting all touchy when there are others present, unless of course one is a book character. But doing it in real life was a big no for her.

Rowan did let her go when he saw the displeased expression on her face, he too freed her from his arms with a displeased face, as if he was going through unjust.

Willow scrambled off Rowan's lap, and sat down on the bed. Willow blinked awkwardly, fidgeting with her hands.

Rowan waved his hands at the guard, dismissing them. In a sync, they all left.

"Won't you introduce us?" asked Rowan's—probably—sister.

Like a kid throwing a tantrum, Rowan said, "Why should I? You are all wasting my time, which I should be spending with my mate."

"As if you haven't been spending all these days with her."

"I haven't! I wasn't sure that she was my Soulmate, till minutes ago."

"Right, you haven't come of age yet."

Willow was filled with wonder. She had never seen Rowan in such an unruly manner. Normally, his clothes will not even have a single crease in it but right now his clothes were messed up, it had even teared up at the hem. His tee had some dark patches, Willow didn't want to imagine what it was, but it looked like dried blood. Willow shuddered.

Willow looked at her own robe, to see if it had dirtied, since it wasn't hers and she was just borrowing it. Willow was shocked to find it untied. She tied it with her quick hands, before her mind could wander to places, she focused her attention on the ongoing conversation.

"This is Willow," Rowan was saying, smiling. "My mate."

You too?

"Willow," Said Rowan turning to her. "This is my family."

And that was the end of the introduction.

Glaring at her son, Rowan's mother put a hand to her chest. "I'm Leona, Rowan's mother." Willow was about to say, 'Nice to meet you' but what Leona next said rendered her speechless. "Your future mother-in-law."

Though Willow had previously heard Leona say it, but hearing it now, with Rowan beside her, she didn't know how to reply. She felt like Leona had just put a huge rock called 'Burden' on Willow's back.

Not knowing what else to do, Willow nodded. "You must be the Queen."

"Yes."

Rowan raised his brow at Willow.

"Natasha told me." Said Willow. "Prince Rowan."

"You shouldn't be calling me that calling me that. Just Rowan will do."

"I'm Princess Renee, Rowan's sister." Willow had guessed right. Renee pointed at the youngest among them and said, "That's Anastasia—"

"Please call me Annie." Said Anastasia, citing off Renee.

"—she's Rowan's—" Continued Renee

"Friend." Said Annie

"Right." Exclaimed everyone in the room.

Willow wondered what just happened, but she didn't push it, she'd just have to ask Rowan what happened. "Nice to meet you."

"I still can't believe you found your mate, and you're not even eighteen yet!" Leona was moved to tears.

"I can't either." Said Renee, shaking her head.

"You should all leave, Willow must be tired." Said Rowan, he looked like he was embarrassed.

Willow suddenly grew tired when she heard Rowan, she felt like her body was stiff and her head was hurting, probably from the little but of alcohol consumption and then the sudden blood loss.

"I don't think you should sleep here." Said Leona. "I'll have someone prepare a new room for you."

Willow looked around the room, thought the bed had been broken at the post, it still didn't hinder the decoration of the room. It was way bigger than the room Willow had woken up in, it was also furnished better than that room, this room was indeed fit for a prince.

"I can squeeze in with Willow. I'll be leaving soon anyway, so you can renovate this room, there is no need for a new room."

Squeeze in? Why squeeze in when the bed she woke up in can fit five more Rowans. Willow sighed, wondering what a sight it would be.

"Well then, let's do that." Leona nodded.

Fifteen minutes later, Rowan shut the door behind him and smiled at Willow. Willow felt like ever since he woke up he's been smiling a lot more than he has the whole time she has know him.

But what Willow said next wiped his grin off his face. "So, is Annie your girlfriend?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 159 49
****in the process of editing**** Iris Bloodmoon, she wanted nothing more than to feel free, to feel normal...but she wasn't normal, far from it. She...
2.3M 74.5K 90
Soul mates An invisible force that ties the fate of two people together in a strong unbinding red thread of love. The person with whom you fall in lo...
138K 7.7K 12
Luna's have gone extinct. Since birth, you could smell a Luna who was going to one day meet their Alpha mate from miles away. Everyone had forgotten...
2.8M 83.6K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...