Kenzie Gilbert: The Tormented...

By BeckySmolder

Kenzie Gilbert has just been through a summer of hell and heartbreak. Her fiance and two of her best friends... More

1: Second Year Of College
2: Dinner In Atlanta
3: Swimming Hole Party
4: Stefan's System
5: Corn Mazes & Vampire Hunters
6: The Hospital Fundraiser
7: Friendsgiving
9: May 10th of 1994
10: Holidays & Hospitals
11: Twin-Napped
12: Life's Too Short
13: Bonnie's Birthday
14: All The Goodbyes
15: New Hair, New Me
16: Warehouse Rave
17: Don't Get Mad, Get Even
18: Prison World 1903
19: Scull Bar Soap Opera
20: Vampire Proof B&B
21: Talking About Cures & Weddings
22: Momma, Son, & Wifey Time
23: Runaways & Reminiscing
24: We're Both Sorry
25: Ric & Jo's Wedding
26: After A Lifetime, I'll See You Again
Book 7

8: Drink, Drank, Drunk

887 35 9
By BeckySmolder

Are you ready for THIS???! It's gonna be good. So vote, vote, vote. There's more to come. Goal is 35. You can have the next chapter right away. Its ready 😉

Happy reading, love bugs ❤️🐜

***

Chapter Eight

I giggled to myself as the shot glasses fell to the floor behind the empty bar. So I took a gulp from the half empty bottle of bourbon in my hand instead. "Ah, a drunk kitten," a voice came.

I smiled lazily at Damon who snatched the bottle away from me. "Drinking alone in a closed school bar?" He gasped dramatically. "So not like you!"

"I only had a bottle of vodka. I finished that. Wasn't drunk. So here I am," I grinned, leaning over the bar to grab one of the bar guns. "Try this."

Damon sat on the stool next to me and leaned towards me while I squirted lime juice in his mouth. He grimaced pulling away and I laughed. "That's sour," he complained. "Why are you getting drunk anyways?"

"Why are you on campus?" I retorted.

"To see you," he said and I frowned. I put the bar gun down and sat in my seat.

"Why?"

"Had a crazy day wanted to catch you up on it," he told me.

"Mhm," I hummed unconvinced. "Well, you should have brought me with you. Well, first, you should have told me that Bonnie was alive, and then you should have brought me with you."

"Well, Ric had more frequent flyer miles," he smirked and I giggled. "To be honest I thought Stefan would've told you the truth. Not everyone else. But you? Yeah."

"Lying to me, ignoring me, and hiding things from me... That's all I've gotten from your stupid fucking brother," I spat.

"Sorry," he mumbled, handing me the bottle. I took three big gulps before handing it back. "Ric and I tried to talk to him about Caroline... He told us he didn't see her that way... and we pushed and pushed. Because you both want him. He needs to pick one and then make friends with other cause he's tearing everyone apart."

I scoffed, "if he can't decide between her and I... well, he should just pick her. I deserve better than that. I've been with him through all his bullshit."

"He was there when you were with me," he smirked, taking a sip from the bottle before giving it back to me. I finished the last sip before angrily throwing it behind the bar. "Kenzie!" Damon scolded.

"He's put me through way worst!" I said. "First he dated my twin and friend-zoned me. Then we dated. He left for a summer, came back had no humanity and put me through hell while using me. Then I turned into a vampire and he practically abandoned me to find a cure to fix me cause he didn't like me this way. So I broke up with him cause I was starting to feel something for you. We were having sex and he was having sex with Rebekah. Then I turned my humanity off. Fine, he stuck around but he fucking owes me. Then we get back together and I propose. He loses his memory. Gets it back. Fakes his death," I summarized. "Faked his death, Damon! And now he has the option of being with me which makes total sense and breaking my heart by giving Caroline a chance? Oh fuck off."

"When you put it that way..." he trailed off.

"Elena, rebekah, Caroline... All I got was you," I scoffed, grabbing another bottle from the bar. Damon grabbed two glasses and I filled them both up to the rim.

"Whoa, you're already tipsy, Kenzie," he warned me and I shrugged.

"Who cares about me?" I scoffed. "Not Stefan."

"That's not true—"

"So you and Bonnie spent the last 4 months together?" I questioned, changing the subject.

"Yeah," he said while I grabbed two umbrellas from behind the counter now too.

"What did you do?"

"Bickered, mostly. Cooked, ate. We went through a Tetris phase, but I beat it, and she got mad," he said and I smiled softly. "We talked. A lot. Apparently there are a lot of words in the English language, and Bonnie knows just about all of them."

I laughed then. "I know this is gonna sound pretty strange, but I'm really happy that the two of you had each other."

"We had each other ever single May 10th," he said and I raised an eyebrow. "We had to re-live that day again and again. I thought it was my personal hell. Before I realized it was Kai's. That was the day he slaughtered his siblings and got locked away."

"The same day over and over? That's hell for anybody," I said.

"Well, I Kai's not the only person who did something bad that day."

I frowned, "want to talk about it?"

"Nope."

"Okay... Well... you think Bonnie is okay? She's still stuck there with him," I said before taking a large sip from my glass, ignoring that it was spilling over on both sides.

"If she's alive, then she's okay. Shes strong," he said and I nodded in agreement. "She sacrificed herself so I could come back. Hmm. Wow," he sighed. Then he grabbed napkins, handing them to me and laughing. "Ugh. How did my brother put up with you and all your messes?" He scoffed, wiping my wet arm and then my thigh cause I spilled bourbon everywhere.

"Tell me more," I whined.

"Well... when she wasn't talking, she was listening. She listened for hours and hours and hours, so when the opportunity presented itself for me to come back, she made sure I took it."

"What did you talk about?" I smiled. Damon stopped wiping the alcohol off my body and met my eyes.

"What do you think?" He retorted. My chest tightened then.

"Elena," I said. That was love. That was dedication. His eyes told it all. And I wished someone. No, Stefan felt this way for me still. He should be here with me. We should be together. This was hell. I wiped my eyes before I started crying. "She broke up with Liam," I croaked.

"Dr. Future-Humanitarian-Award wasn't good enough? What went wrong?" He asked.

"What do you think?" I smirked. He raised his brows and I nodded. "You two are meant for each other. And I already told you, one of us deserves a happy ending."

"You do too," he said.

"But it's not with Stefan, is it?" I whispered as tears filled my eyes and there was no stopping it.

"Kenzie—"

"Look. Just go," I told him. "Go see her, okay? You two deserve each other and to be happy. I'll be alright."

"You sure?" He asked, standing up and I nodded.

"I'm just going to get wasted and pass out. I'm fine."

"Well, do you need anything?" He frowned, concerned and I shook my head no.

"One request."

"Anything. What is it?"

"Can you help us get Bonnie back?"

"Of course," he said, hugging me. He held me tightly while I cried. But then I started yawning so I pushed him away. "You okay?"

"Get out of here. Go see Elena," I told him and he smiled. He kissed my cheek before vamp running out of here.

***

I hummed softly, tapping my fingers on the countertop. I was laying my head on my arms over the bar. A lazy smile on my face and my eyes closed. I was mildly drunk, finally calming down. My phone was blaring a song from one of my favorite bands.

"...Cause I feel like a bad joke. Walk the tight rope to hold on to you. Was it real? Or a love scene, from a bad dream? I don't think I can forget about it," I sang. So maybe slurring the words, but who cares? This was the closest to happiness I've felt in a long time. "Ahh!" I screamed, jumping off my stool as someone tapped my shoulder.

The cutest laugh ever filled my ears and I turned around to face Stefan. I scowled, glaring at him and grabbing the bottle of wine off the bar. I took a sip, keeping my eyes on his. "Hi," he greeted me.

I raised my brows. Hi? That's all he got. I sat back down on my stool, facing him. My knees squeezing between his open legs. But I didn't even feel compelled to look there. Nor did an ounce of want or desire fill my body. I was livid. He was just smiling all cute at me and holding a brown paper bag. I eyed it for a moment, wondering what was in it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Damon told me you were here," he said and I nodded, waiting for more. But it didn't come. So I took a few gulps of what was left of the wine. Then when it was gone I tossed to the ground to the side of his stool. "You're angry," he noted. "And drunk."

"Oh, you're a genius," I snorted sarcastically. "Why are you here bothering me? Huh? I'm pretty sure that's opposite of ignoring me like you have been."

"Look, I'm sorry," he said and I rolled my eyes. "I'm really sorry, Kenzie—" I held up a finger to stop him while reaching for my phone to turn it up to the best part of the song. Alex Gaskarth just talking.

"You know there are some days when I really feel like this could work. Like you and I are finally gonna get it right. Then there are days like today, when you make me wanna tear my fucking hair out!" I joined along the part in the song.

Stefan raised his brows at me and I smirked, snatching the brown bag from his hands. He watched me as I pulled out the contents. Three small containers of food from my Thanksgiving dinner.

"Hungry?" He asked.

"Where'd you get this from? Your girlfriend?" I questioned and he sighed.

"So you know," he said and I scoffed.

"Know? I've been known. I've told you dozens of times she's had feelings for you. And you thought I was stupid and jealous."

"I never thought you were stupid," he said and I rolled my eyes. "Come on, let's get you to your dorm. You're drunk and—"

"Me and you... in my dorm?" I laughed. "I'm not having sex with you, Stefan. You repulse me."

"You don't mean that," he said, shaking his head. I opened the container with brownies, eating one. He watched me, but didn't speak. He was being weird. If he was apologizing right now he wasn't doing it too well. "Good?"

"Yeah, Jo is a fantastic cook," I said, offering him a bite of it. He looked shocked but leaned in. Probably just to indulge me.

"Oh, those are good," he said seriously, his fluffy eyebrows furrowing was he genuinely looked pleased. I gulped then, looking away from him.

"So you came to talk to me," I asked, reaching for the shot glass and a bottle of vodka on his side of the bar I put out earlier. It was time for shots.

"Yeah," he said. "Kenzie, look. When Damon was gone, I, um... I pushed you away."

"Yeah, I know, Stefan. You pushed everyone away. It's kind of what happens when you fake your death," I pointed out, then I took my shot.

"But I pushed you away the most. I knew that you were the one person who would sit with me and let me cry, and I didn't want to cry anymore, so I had to push you away the most. And keep you away," he told me and I nodded.

I refilled the shot glass and slid it over to him. "Um,
thank you for saying that... I get that. But it doesn't mean it didn't hurt... and it doesn't mean I deserved it or the way you've been treating me since you've been back."

"I know, baby," he said and I blushed. Oh, it felt so good to hear him call me that. "And I'm ready to—"

"To take that shot," I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Drink. I'm drunk. You need to be too."

He slowly nodded, "whatever you want, Kenz. I'm ready for us to fix this. Okay?"

"I've been ready," I told him. I grabbed the vodka bottle and shoved it to his chest roughly. "Drink up."

"And this is the moment our relationship turns toxic," he commented. I rolled my eyes and he took a sip from the bottle. "How drunk do you want me to be before I say the 'L' word?"

I bit my lip nervously, "very."

"This is really not healthy," he said, pressing the bottle to his lips. I giggled and held the bottle up to his mouth. His face scrunched you as he drank and drank and drank. Then finally he pushed the bottle away. "Ugggh. Eh," he coughed disgusted.

"Don't be dramatic," I teased.

"You being drunk is the only reason you're not yelling at me, isn't it?" He asked.

I shrugged, "probably." That and I missed him like crazy. I wanted to make up desperately. But I was afraid to give in and be stupid. So I wanted him to be equally intoxicated. And possibly more honest.

Stefan stood up and my eyes widened at how close he was. He slid between my legs, pressing the vodka bottle to my mouth. "I want to make sure you're drunk," he said and I raised a brow.

I opened my mouth and he tilted the bottle to pour the burning alcohol into my mouth. Five seconds before he let me go. I placed my hands on his firm taut stomach. "Finish the bottle, Stefan."

"Then what?" He asked. "Cause we need to talk."

"And we will after this bottle and that bottle," I smiled, pointing to the wine bottle in a bucket of melting ice I put out an hour ago. It was his favorite wine. "I'll even pour it in two glasses."

Stefan sighed, looking at the now half full bottle of Circoc. It was flavored in my defense. "Can I have juice?" He asked.

"Uh," I frowned, standing up too fast. My chest bumped against his and I stumbled back. Stefan was quick to wrap an arm around me to keep me from falling. "Thanks," I mumbled.

"Of course," he said.

"So I'm kind of mad at you," I said, reaching over the bar for the gun. "I got a button for cranberry juice, like juice, or pineapple juice."

"Cranberry," he said. I grabbed a cup, filling it up with the cranberry juice so he could chase his vodka. I then sat down, grabbing my phone and changing the song. Stefan sat back down, chugging the bottle of vodka and drinking his juice.

Two songs later it was gone. I stood up to fetch the wine and two wine glasses. But before I could walk past Stefan, he grabbed me by my hips. He stood up and slipped a hand behind my neck. It all happened so fast. His lips met mine while my eyes widened in complete shock. Then my whole body seemed to melt against him. I wanted this.

***

After making out. Yes, Stefan sat me on the bar while standing between my legs. I pulled his hair that was so soft. Ugh, I missed everything about him. When he started to unbutton my shirt as he kissed on my neck is when I pushed him back. No sex until we worked everything out. We were now on our third bottle of wine, sitting at a small table for two.

"Did you really buy that house for us?" I asked him, refilling my glass. Make that in need of bottle number four.

"Yes."

"Why were you having dinner with Ivy? She was your realtor. It's weird."

He chuckled, pointing his finger at me, "you're just jealous." I swatted his hand away, pouting. "She helped me renovate. She was a good friend. To celebrate we were going to have dinner. She knew I was taken it wasn't like that," he rambled.

"Caroline knows you were taken," I pointed out.

"Caroline is just a friend."

I scoffed, "well, if we get back together what are we going to do about her. I mean I punched her recently for saying you were up for grabs."

He shook his head, "you're so violent."

"You're mine," I stated. "No one else can have you."

He laughed, "you just said 'if' we get back together."

"Well, we're going to get back together," I assured him, taking his hand across the table now. "I've really missed you."

"I've missed you too."

"I can't sleep without you."

He winced, "I'm really sorry, Kenz. I never should've left. I should've been with you this summer."

"Duh."

He smiled, kissing my hand. "Can I say the L word now?" He asked me. I grinned, nodding. "I love you, Kenzie Nicole."

I stood up, leaning across the table. He met me halfway for a little kiss. "I love you too, Stefan," I whispered against his lips. "I love you so damn much."

"Then marry me," he said and I nodded.

"Of course," I giggled. I walked around the table. I headed to the bar to grab another bottle. "White or red?" I asked Stefan. I gasped as his arms were suddenly wrapping around me. "Stefan!"

"Red," he said, kissing the inside of my neck. I pulled away from him and hopped on the counter top. I grabbed a bottle of red wine, luckily a twist off top. I opened it, taking a sip from the bottle. Stefan hopped on the bar next to me. I passed him the bottle and placed my hand on his thigh, rubbing affectionately.

"We have to get Bonnie back," I said.

"Mhm," he hummed in agreement. "But I thought we were talking about us."

"I don't know what else to say," I said.

"Because we had a lot to drink," he retorted. I laughed loudly while leaning on his shoulder. "Let's stop talking. Let's get out of here."

"And go where?" I asked, smiling widely. Still laughing for kind of no reason.

"To get married," he said, hopping off the counter. I raised my brows in disbelief. A chuckle left my lips, humorless. Was he serious? No. This was a joke.

"I thought you wanted a big wedding," I frowned as he slid between my legs. He reached into his pocket pulling out both my promise ring and my engagement ring. Then he took my left hand. "What are you doing?" I asked as he slid the promise ring onto my ring finger.

"Things the right way," he said. Then he stepped back, getting down on one knee while holding my green diamond engagement ring. "Kenzie Nicole Gilbert I know we've been through hell and I know I've caused you so much pain throughout the years. But you're my soulmate. I cannot live without you or imagine the rest of eternity without you. And I've always dreamt of a huge beautiful wedding for when I finally found the girl of my dreams, but I messed up. And I've made you wait over a year to be my wife. I don't want to screw up again by wasting another second. I want to fulfill my promise from years ago to come back to you, and the promise of that ring to replace it with this one... Kenzie Nicole Gilbert will you marry me? Tonight?"

I nodded vigorously while grinning so much my cheeks hurt, "yes!" I yelled. I jumped off the bar and his arms caught me for a tight hug. He pulled back to switch the promise ring to the engagement ring. I slipped the promise ring in my back pocket. "Where are we going to get married at 3AM?"

"A chapel," he smiled, lifting me off the ground. I squealed in excitement and wrapped my legs around his waist. "Ready?"

"Are you sure about this?" I asked him, cupping his pretty face in my hands. He smiled beautifully, nodding his head.

"I love you. To the moon and back."

"Forever and always?"

"Yes. Forever and always, Kenz."

***

I squeezed Stefan's hand as the minister finally got to the end. "Do you Stefan Salvatore take Kenzie Gilbert to be your be your lawful wedded wife? To love her, comfort her, keep her in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to her so long as you both shall live?" He asked Stefan.

"I do," my gorgeous fiancé grinned.

"And do you, Kenzie Gilbert take Stefan Salvatore to be your lawful wedded husband? To love him, comfort him, keep him in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, be faithful to him so long as you both shall live?" He asked me next.

"I do," I said softly.

"Then I pronounce you husband and wife. Stefan, you may kiss your bride," he smiled at us. Then my husband tugged next by my hands to him, wrapping one around around my waist and cupping my cheek in his other hand.

Our lips met, tongues quickly tangling. A loud clap filled my ears from our one witness. But it went ignored for the time being. I was lost in Stefan and I's moment. A beautiful, long awaited moment.

"Okay, enough. Can I hug my sister?" Jeremy asked. Then I was dipped towards the floor still lip locked before Stefan let me go. Jeremy hugged me tightly, lifting me off the floor. "Congrats guys!"

***

"Why the hell would you ask me to marry you?" I groaned before puking some more.

"Well it seemed like a good idea at the time," Stefan sighed, pulling my hair back for me. I wiped my mouth with the back of my arm before glaring up at him. "What?"

"You're supposed to be the responsible one!"

"You got me drunk!"

"Whatever," I scoffed then I was back puking my brains out. Stefan lowered himself to the ground, rubbing my back.

"So you regret last night?"

"Yes," I stated. "Ugh, no."

"Which is it?"

"I want to be your wife," I said. "For sure. But... you broke my heart and then I just married you. We were together for a millisecond. And I'm not ready for this..."

"Marriage? We were going to get married, Kenzie."

"I know but... but when we were happy and in love and our lives were together."

He sighed, "fair enough."

"Can we just... I'm not ready to jump back into everything with you."

"Then we will take it slow. That's what we should've done. I'm sorry."

"No, don't be," I said, flushing the toilet and standing up. I groaned as I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. My hair was a mess, I was still in jeans from last night and now a shirt I think belonged to Elena. And around my neck was my simple silver chain necklace I put back on this morning before I started puking. It now held my engagement ring, my promise ring, and a fake little silver band that was my wedding ring. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Okay. Um..."

"No, you can't join. Just... I'll see you later?" I suggested and he nodded. He kissed my cheek before leaving the room. Then I brushed my teeth before hopping in the shower. My mind reeling from the events of last night.

All I wanted was Stefan back. I've been dreaming of being his wife forever now. And now that I am, it feels so wrong. The only thing we didn't do last night was have sex, which is a huge disappointment. I couldn't hate myself more for being so stupid. Not only did I forgive him. I just jumped further than we were before. We're married!

He wanted a huge wedding not me. But I still wanted something small with all my friends and family. And I wanted to remember it. And I wanted my own vows. Ugh. This was so wrong. And I wasn't ready to do it again to make it right. I had no idea where Stefan and I go from here. We got married so do I just pretend everything is fine between us now?

***

So I napped all morning to cure my hangover. And apparently I missed a lot. Elena and Jeremy met early to go for a run. He said he got sober to get on with his life and move on from Bonnie. So Elena being... Elena told him Bonnie was still alive and Damon had a plan to bring her back. He didn't take that well, believing it probably wouldn't work. He had a fair reason to be mad. She was getting his hopes up too soon.

But I also missed that meeting. Damon told me to meet him, Stefan, and Ric in Ric's work office. I guess to discuss the plan to bring Bonnie back. Jo gave over the ascendant so Damon was getting Liv who was hiding out in Mystic Falls in the Lockwood mansion with Tyler. Now that I was all caught up, I told Elena to go without me to 1994 to save Bonnie.

I figured her, Stefan, and Damon could handle it. At the same time I could avoid my husband. However that meant I was on babysitting duty. Which is why Maverick was just dropped off in my dorm ten minutes ago instead of back with Matt who had weekends off dad duty. So I had a baby to take care of, a little brother to check up on, and my own stomach to feed because it was grumbling loudly.

"You want to go out for breakfast? I guess it's lunch time," I frowned at Mav. He sat in his car seat, that was on the floor by my bedside. My nephew was smiling at me while shaking his some little toy he held in his right hand.

I stood up, stretching before moving to my dresser to grab clothes. I slipped on a pair of grey skinny jeans then tossed on a soft, fuzzy white sweater that had black polka dots on it. Then I slipped on some flip flops cause I couldn't be bother. I braided my still damn hair into two braids. Then I grabbed a hat and sunglasses simply cause Maverick had both on.

"Let's go get some noms," I said to Maverick, picking up his car seat. I slipped on my grey hat as I walked out the door. My phone started ringing and I quickly answered it without looking to see who was calling.

"Hi, gorgeous," a voice came.

"Enzo," I greeted. "What's up?"

"I just got word that your little brother is introducing your ex fiancé to a Sarah Salvatore," Enzo informed new and I scoffed.

"No. Stefan should be with Elena and Damon going to prison world 1994," I replied.

"Not anymore."

"How do you know?"

"Because I'm at the diner. Matt asked Stefan to come meet him. Jeremy is sitting with Sarah."

"Ugh. What diner?"

"The one you and I got breakfast at a couple weeks ago," he told me.

"Fine I'm on my way. Cause I'm hungry and I don't trust her. So I'll be there to protect all three of those idiots," I sighed.

"And me?"

"You can handle yourself," I laughed. "But sure, if she tries anything, I'll kick her ass to save you too."

"I'll see you soon, love," he said before hanging up.

"Want to go see Uncle Jer and your daddy?" I cooed at Maverick.

"Da-da!" He said excitedly. Oh, god he was too cute. I shook my head before I thought about babies with Stefan. Cause apparently we were just jumping into the deep end after like five terrible months.

***

Mmmm. Damn, look at that little ass. Stefan was just up ahead, walking towards the diner. I was carrying Maverick and his car seat carrier. Took us forever to get here but I guess we were right on time.

"Or maybe I'll pick up where Tripp left off, " I heard Matt say as I was following Stefan down the sidewalk. He was grabbing hold of the front door.

"Go on, then," I heard Enzo say.

"Yeah, I really wouldn't do that if I were you. You hurt him, and, uh, I hurt you, and really don't feel like cleaning up two corpses today," Stefan said as he entered the building.

I jogged to catch up. "Making threats in front of impressionable family. How brutish," Enzo said.

"What are you talking about?" Stefan asked as I let myself into the diner. A bell ringing as the door opened before it closed behind me.

"Me. He's, uh, talking about me. I'm Zach and Gail's daughter, Sarah Salvatore," Sarah said, standing up from a table for two.

"Ah, I'm right on time," I smiled. Stefan turned to face me shocked.

"Kenzie-kins, gorgeous as usual," Enzo smirked. I gave him a wave while Matt grinned, coming to take his son from me.

"Hi to you too," I scoffed and Matt kissed my cheek. I looked around not spotting Jeremy. "Where's my little brother?"

"Here," Jeremy said. I looked to see him coming from the small hallway near the door. He was in the bathroom then. "Hi, Kenzie."

"I don't get a hello?" Stefan asked, placing a hand on my hip from behind me. Jeremy smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. He knew I married Stefan. I turned to face my husband forcing a smile to my face.

"Hi," I said and he took a step closer to me. I quickly stepped away. "You have a family date. I have mine," I told him quickly, gulping. Stefan glanced at Sarah before giving me a scorching look that said he wasn't done with me and I'd pay for this later. "I'm starving."

"Sorry that's my... uh," Stefan stopped.

"Ex," I filled in and he raised his eyebrows. "We're still working out the kinks of possibly getting back together," I said to Sarah. "But you know me, Kenzie Gilbert. This is Stefan Salvatore. Zach's uncle... Or human terms, nephew."

Stefan nodded slowly. Hopefully he caught on. I wasn't ready to tell everyone what we did. "Yeah, sorry again, hi," Stefan said, shaking Sarah's hand. Then the two sat down at the table.

I joined Matt and Enzo at the breakfast bar. I sat on the end next to Jer where I could see Stefan and Sarah. I didn't trust her. But I was also curious what was going through my husband's mind. Okay... I liked calling him that. Anyways, Stefan didn't seem shocked by this Sarah Salvatore. But he didn't seem as skeptical as I was. He was... unreadable. Even in his eyes, which were always so perspective to me.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I whispered to Jer, rubbing his shoulder. "Elena told me, she told you."

He sighed, "I wish she hadn't."

"Jeremy, I know you don't want to get your hopes up. But we know how to get Bonnie out now. If it's not today, then next time or the one after that. But me, Elena, Damon, and everyone else is going to keep trying until she is back," I assured him.

"Why does Damon even care?" He scoffed.

"Because they spent four months together completely alone. You didn't see the look on his face when he was talking about her last night," I said. "He cares for her. I'd say they were friends. Even though that sounds completely crazy."

Jeremy frowned and stood up. "I'm out of here," he said and I grabbed him by his arm as he went to walk away. Then I squeezed tightly, yanking him back.

"Don't you dare walk away when I'm talking to you, Jeremy Gilbert," I said sternly.

"Love, don't make a scene," Enzo said, placing a hand on my shoulder from beside me.

"I love you," I told Jeremy. "And it'll all be okay. But don't walk away from me. You know I would never lie to you. Right? I'm always in your corner. And I promise you we will bring Bonnie back."

"Okay," he mumbled and I let him go.

"Say you love me."

He rolled his eyes, cracking a smile. "I love you," he said then I pulled him in a hug. "But can I go now?"

"Mhm. Bye," I said, kissing his cheek and ruffling his greasy mop of hair. Then he was off. "Okay, now food for me."

Enzo handed me a menu and I thanked him. Then I took off my sunglasses. "You look like you had a rough night," Enzo commented and I gulped.

"Had a bad day, tried to drink my problems away. Didn't get much sleep until this morning. But four hours isn't enough for me," I said. Then I waved over a waitress to order. "I'll take the stuffed French toast. With bacon. And my eggs scrambled. Oh, and with a large coke."

The lady jotted it down in her notepad and went to walk away but then Stefan called for her attention, raising his hand. "Hey. Excuse me. Can we get two chocolate milk shakes, please?" Stefan asked. The lady nodded at him. "It's a, uh, Salvatore family tradition," Stefan told his new 'relative.'

"I'm all for family traditions," Sarah said and it took everything in my power not to mock her. I didn't like her for some reason. The waitress moved back beside me to start the milkshakes before stepping away to put my order in with the kitchen staff.

I glanced at Stefan now as he leaned forward on his table to speak to Sarah. I couldn't hear anything over the blender running. I narrowed my eyes on him then. Family tradition my ass. "He's doing it so we can't hear, isn't he?" I whispered to Enzo who gave me a curt nod while staring ahead of him, focused and irritated. "What's your problem?" I asked him.

Enzo didn't answer. I rolled my eyes. My soda was then given to me and the blender stopped. "Ready to go?" I heard Stefan asked and I looked over at him.

Sarah smiled back at him, but something looked off though even as she nodded. The two then stood up to leave. "Hey!" Matt called out, catching them.

"Where you guys going?" I asked, crossing my arms as I met Stefan's green eyes. Still unreadable.

"Oh, just a little family drive," he said. His face read innocent but he was purposely hiding what was really going on in his mind. I didn't trust it. I knew he had to be hiding something. Again! I was so sick of it!

"Sarah?" Matt frowned.

"It's ok, Matt, I promise. I'll call you in a bit," Sarah told him.

"Alright," Matt agreed. Then the two slipped out of the diner and I asked for the milkshakes from the waitress.

"You're just going to let him go?" Enzo asked. I slid a milkshake over to him. "Really? You believe him?"

I took a sip of the shake, moaning loudly. It was super good. And I was trying to ignore Enzo's hard stern gaze. He wanted me to say I didn't believe Stefan either. He was very intelligent, always piecing things together. And he was very intuitive. He knew something wasn't right.

"You don't find it the least bit strange that they just up and left?" Enzo asked Matt now.

"I told you she's his family. If they want to talk, let them talk. What the hell do you care?" Matt asked.

"Because I care about the truth, care about authenticity," Enzo said and I sighed, standing up.

"Or you just hate Stefan," Matt retorted as I walked to the door of the diner, pulling it open to step outside. No red car in sight. Stefan had already taken off. That was quick. Maybe too quick. He was being sketchy and I was growing angry.

"—Abandoned his brother, turned me over to a vampire hunter, and he hurt the one girl who can honestly do no wrong," Enzo was saying as I entered the diner again. His brown eyes met mine and I couldn't fight the smile that came to my face. He really did care about me. I didn't care what anyone said. He was a good friend. "That's not why I care. No. I care because he does all that and is still considered a hero when I get stuck being a villain."

"Yeah, because you kill people," Matt said as I walked over to them.

"What, and Stefan doesn't?" Enzo scoffed, finally taking his eyes off me. "Come on. You and I, even Kenzie know that's not true. I'm just up front about it, but Stefan, no, who knows what he's done? He's just a liar with a little box of secrets."

I pursued my lips to refrain from saying anything because I was irritated with Stefan. "Give me the baby, we're leaving," I said.

"What? You didn't even get your food," Matt said before chuckling, "You've never turn down food."

I gulped, shrugging. "Not hungry," I lied.

"Nope. She's trying to beat us to it," Enzo grinned, standing up. "She wants to open Stefan's little box of secrets... Well, stay here, with the baby. Get your food. I'll fill you in."

"Wait," Matt frowned, standing up.

"Come on," Enzo told him. "Let's go catch up to Stefan and see what he's up to with that poor girl."

"You'll come back and tell me?" I asked Enzo who nodded at me.

"Of course," Enzo said. Matt handed over his son before pulling on his jacket. Then the two left the diner in a hurry. I frowned, worried. Maybe letting them go was a huge mistake.

"Here's your food, ma'am," the waitress smiled. I sighed in relief. Thank god. I couldn't wait to eat. Well... fuck.

"Can I get a box for it to go? And one for the milkshake too," I said and she nodded. I then moved to put Maverick back in his car seat. "We either have to save a girl or Uncle Stefan. Let's ride, babe," I told him as I buckled him up.

"Stef. Stef! Steeeeef!" Maverick cheered, licking his chubby legs in excitement. Oh he was too cute. I frowned, looking for his sunglasses before putting them on him.

"Bad ass," I smirked. I pulled out my wallet and pulled out a couple of twenties to cover my bill. The waitress got me a to-go cup with the shake and I quickly and messily shoved my breakfast in the to-go box. Then I left in hurry. I had to catch up to all this morons before something bad happens.

~Picture: Kenzie and Stefan drunk, laughing, and talking before he proposed ⬇️

How crazy was this chapter?! #Denzie started it off talking about their love lives. Kenzie sent him off to see Elena. Damon told Stefan to man up and see his girl too.

And now #Stenzie is married?! They barely talked, got wasted, and it was his idea to wed that night. Who saw THAT coming? And what is next for them?

Kenzie doesn't want anyone to know? Can you blame her? But they are indeed married. Does that mean they've worked it all out and things can finally go back to normal?

Who knows? Cause this Sarah Salvatore situation is under Kenzie's skin. Is Stefan hiding something? If so, prepare for Kenzie not to take it very well. I mean, he's had enough secrets. She's sick of it and Enzo's sick of it. Are you???

And while this is all happening, Damon and Elena went to 1994 to save Bonnie. So much happening with #Delena and #Stenzie. Stay tuned. And vote! 35 votes?!

SNEAK PEEK:

"Are you still mad at me?" He sighed, running a hand through his soft brown hair. Jesus Christ he was so hot.

"Yes," I said. I frowned as Maverick squirmed in my arms, pouting and reaching for Stefan. Oh, you better not. His eyes were filling with tears now. "No, don't cry," I whispered.

A sob left Maverick's lips. No! I bounced him gently in my arms and tried shushing him. But he only cried harder. "Let me," Stefan said, coming to stand next to me. I reluctantly gave him the crying child.

Maverick quickly settled down, sticking his thumb in his mouth and laying his head on Stefan's shoulder. I sighed, rolling my eyes. What a traitor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 11.6K 32
[BOOK 1 IN THE LIA SERIES] Emilia Gilbert lost her parents and her life came crashing down. Elena, Emilia's twin sister, meets Stefan Salvatore who a...
15.3K 399 17
Everybody knows the name Elena Gilbert. But what about her sister? Toni Gilbert is Elena's older sister by a year. They were both living completely h...
410K 11.1K 82
❛You will always be my almost love...❜ ❛Mind blown. Honestly, I haven't read a fanfic quite like this and I'm all here for it👏❜ ❛Thi...
54K 964 43
After catching Damon cheating on her with her best friend Bonnie, Elena gets kidnapped by the sociopath Kai. After a year she manages to escape and...