Rise of the Phoenix(Villain!D...

By Hexcss

Disclaimer: This is the sequel of my first book called "Mind vs Might", so make sure to read that before read... More

New Beginning
To be a Hero
Path
Old Allies
UA Entrance
UA Life
Unexpected
Museum Fight
The General Fights
Knives and Shadows
Aftermath
The Festival
Old Hell
Gateway to the Past
Old vs New
To the Camp
The Admiral
Island Warfare
Island Warfare 2
Port Battle
Grand Admiral
Consequences
Internships
Remnants of the Past
League of Villains
Threats from the past
Peace?
Fenik
Start
H.Qs
Return of the General
The Fuhrer
The Emperor
The End
Epilogue
Do you Heil?

Training Begins

5.4K 119 91
By Hexcss

Just as they had accorded they before Shihiro would meet Izumi again in the same place they had last seen each other. Thankfully he had a sharp memory, so he knew exactly how to go back there. He was running as fast as he could, Shihiro may have been paranoid, but he didn't want to be late and cause a wrong impression. As he reached the area, he saw a blonde woman with green eyes standing there, Shihiro immediately recognized her as White Phoenix. However, it was weir for him visiting her in civilian clothes, though he suspected it was to not catch unwanted attention.

Shihiro: White Phoenix!

Izumi tensed at hearing the name, she turned to the voice to see...

Izumi blinked once, and the image disappeared to see it was Shihiro the one running towards her with a big smile on his face.

Izumi: Way to blow my cover, kid!

Shihiro turned red from embarrassment.

Shihiro: S-sorry I-I just got excited.

Izumi couldn't help but laugh softly at his antics. She then patted him in the head, running her fingers through his hair as well.

Izumi: Its okay Shihiro there was no one around this time...

Shihiro blushed at the contact with Izumi.

Izumi: But...

Izumi stopped patting him and slightly smacked him in the head.

Izumi: Be careful next time, okay?

Shihiro: Okay.

Izumi: Come on, let's go.

Izumi grabbed him by the waist, and they went flying off into the sky, when they finally reached a height where they could avoid being seen, she flew horizontally.

Shihiro: Wow...

Izumi: Cool isn't it?

Shihiro: Really cool!

Izumi smiled softly at the boy. He looked like an excited child, she guessed he must have rarely left areas where he was allowed in and never taken an aeroplane, much less fly.

Shihiro: May I ask where we are going?

Izumi: Oh, right! We are going to my house!

Shihiro: T-to you ho-house?

Izumi: Yes! We will start our training there; obviously, we will not just train there we will be going all over the country!

Shihiro: R-really?

Izumi: Yes, so start getting accustomed to flying as you will fly really often now.

Izumi then saw her house at a distance.

Izumi: We are here!

Izumi then landed him at the beginning of the road to hee home.

Izumi: This is going to be your first trial.

Shihiro: Huh?

Izumi: You are going to have to reach my house all on your own.

Shihiro: Oh, okay.

Izumi: Be careful now!

Izumi then flew into her house.

Shihiro stared at her and then at the road.

Shihiro: Going up, huh? I doubt it will be as easy as to just go up there, there must be a catch...

Shihiro started walking when he suddenly felt he pressed a string in the ground.

A boxing gauntlet came from the forest and smacked him in the face.

Shihiro: And there it is... Traps huh? They must be activated by some sort of string mechanism on the ground though probably there are also buttons... Better watch my step!

Shihiro started to walk on the tip of his toes and being really careful to identify booby traps on the road.

As he made his way up the road, he then stepped on another trap.

Shihiro: Crap!

He then was barely able to dodge a log that swung in front of him.

Shihiro: That was too close!

Suddenly the log came swinging back at him, and this time it hit him.

Shihiro: Should have seen that coming...

Shihiro still stood up and continued to make his way through the road while trying to avoid the traps set in place. Yet, while he avoided some, he still activated some, and from those, he was able to dodge some. Shihiro though struggling with the pain he continued to make his way.

From a balcony in the house, Izumi and Shoto observed as Shihiro advanced.

Izumi: So, what is your opinion.

Shoto: He sure is agile, he has no formal training, yet is still able to avoid most of the traps and to dodge some of the ones he activated. He also seems intelligent he noticed the traps almost right away.

Izumi: Yeah, I noticed it too.

Shoto: He has potential, but will he be able to bring it to its fullest?

Izumi: Only time will tell, but I have faith in the boy.

Shoto: If you do, then so do I.

Back on the road, Shihiro stared at the part that had been completely filled with strings.

Shihiro: You have to be kidding me!

Shihiro analyzed the situation.

Shihiro: Going through there is impossible, but that is not the only way is it?

He then looked up to see the branches of the trees which in this part had formed a pattern that would allow him to swing through them.

Shihiro quickly climbed up the tree and grabbed into the branch, he swang himself into the other branch, and he repeated the process until he reached the other side. Although he made it, his arms felt sore from all the strength he used, he even almost fell once, but his determination kept him going.

He finally reached the house after 45 minutes when he got it he knocked on the door, the door suddenly opened. Shihiro was greeted by a fist and was sent back a few meters, Shoto came out first and the Izumi. Izumi and Shoto were surprised Shihiro had actually managed to block the punch with his arm.

Izumi: Never let your guard down kid, but excellent reflexes.

Shihiro gruntes in response.

Izumi: Now, now...

Izumi reached where he was and picked him up by the shirt. He then put him in his feet.

Izumi: I know you are more robust than that.

Shihiro: Haha yeah...

Shihiro gave him a small smile.

Shihiro then looked at the man behind Izumi.

Shihiro: Frostburn?!

Shoto: Sup.

Izumi: Shihiro I present you with my husband.

Shihiro: Husband?! I didn't know you were married.

Izumi: Not many people know that, anyways.

Shihiro: Well I don't know why I didn't expect you White Phoenix to be married.

Izumi: And by the way, you don't need to call me White Phoenix, just call me Izumi.

Shoto: You can call me Todoroki.

Shihiro: Oh okay Ms. Izumi and Mr. Todoroki.

Shoto: Hmmm good manners I like that.

Izumi: Come on, let's get in.

Izumi and Shoto entered the house while Shihiro left his shoes in the porch.

Shihiro: Excuse me.

Izumi: Yeah, come on in.

Shoto smiled a bit, this kid sure seemed well mannered.

Izumi: We will go over to the next part that the first trial was just the warm-up, every time you come here you will go up through there, I will change the traps every time, so you don't memorize the location. You will keep doing it until you manage to go up the road without getting hit a single time.

Shihiro: Got it!

Izumi: Very good then, now before we continue, there is someone I want you to meet. Riza! We have visited!

In the training room, we can see a blonde girl with a blue eye and green eye, she seemed to be around 15 years old, she was dressed up in sports clothing and was doing some squats.

Suddenly she heard.

Izumi: Riza! We have someone visiting!

She stopped doing her exercises.

Riza: I'm coming!

From the living room, Shihiro was a bit confused, just who was this girl?

Shihiro: 'Wait if they are married then that means they could-'
Riza: I'm here!

Shihiro turned his head to the direction of the voice to see a girl about his age with blonde hair. What immediately caught his attention though was her eyes, one was blue the other green.

Riza: Oh, wow! You must be Shihiro right?! -she said as she got a bit too close to Shihiro who immediately turned red for having the girl so close to him in such attires.

Riza: I'm Riza Todoroki! Their daughter is a pleasure to meet you!
Shihiro: Y-yeah a p-pleasure as w-well. 'So close!'.

Poor, poor Shihiro was doing his best to keep his composure. The girl was beautiful, more like extremely beautiful on top of that her attire overexposed a bit of her skin, as well as it marked her figure very well.

Riza: Hey, hey! Let's train together! Come on, lets train! It feels sad working alone, but now I won't be since you are here!
Shihiro: Y-yeah!

The two adults shared a look and let out a small laugh, they were very amused by the interaction of the two teens.

Riza was looking into Shihiro's face when she noticed it was all red.

Riza: Hm? Hey Shihiro what's wrong? -she asked as she got a bit more closer to him- your face is all red!

Izumi rolled her eyes.

Izumi: Riza, if you want to help him train why don't you rest a bit first and then get changed with something that has a bit more cloth, will you?

Riza: Eh?

Riza then turned her head down to look at her body, and she saw what she was wearing, now it was her turn to feel embarrassed, her whole face turned red, and she stepped back from Shihiro.

Riza: I-I'm s-sorry! I'll be back in shortly -she screamed as she ran upstairs to her room.

Izumi: Sorry, she is a bit energetic.

Shihiro: N-no don't worry that's just who she is!

Izumi smiled fondly at him.

Izumi: Well, you can talk to her later, now come with me.

Izumi guided Shihiro into a big training room.

Izumi: In this first day, I want to measure your physical abilities, by that I mean your strength, speed and average resistance. I already saw a bit during your way here, but I want to see your limit.

Shihiro: Yes, mam!

Izumi: Good, that way, I can plan your routine accordingly. You may be asking what the point is and you see... I want you to inherit one of my quirks.

Shihiro widened his eyes at that.

Shihiro: W-wait... Inherit? One of your quirks? You have multiple?! And how do you even transfer quirks?!

Izumi: Calm down, I will explain it to you. Yes, I do have multiple quirks, two to be precise. One is Electro, the abnormality I was born with, its a form of electrokinesis. The other is a quirk that was passed down to me by my father All Might, its name is One for All, and I am the 9th holder of it.

Shihiro: One... For... All...

Izumi: Yes, this quirk was first created when All for One a villain whose quirk allowed him to take and give quirks or keep them to himself, gave his younger brother a stockpiling quirk. All for One was nearly immortal and invincible, so the brother passed down his quirk to future generations. This was in the hope of someone being able to beat his brother and so that it could be used for the greater good. My father defeated All for One twice, and he was then murdered by Dark Phoenix, later on, so his threat is no more, but the quirk will still be used for good.

Shihiro nodded his head in understanding.

Shihiro: And I'm guessing since it is a stockpiling quirk it has a lot of strength contained, so I need to have a trained body to be able to support it.

Izumi: Yes! Very good there! So that settles that, are you ready for your test?

Shihiro: Yes!

....

Riza was walking down from her room; she was completely changed and had even decided to take a bath to clean herself. When she was on the first floor, she only saw her dad sitting on the dining table while drinking some coffee and eating soba, she continued to look around and then...

Shoto: They are in the training room.

Riza turned her head to her father and smiled at him.

Riza: Thanks, dad!

Riza made her way to the training room and opened the doors. She then saw Shihiro utterly numb on the ground; meanwhile, Izumi was taking some notes.

Izumi: That was the end of the strength test you may rest for now.

Riza: Mom?! What did you do to him?!

Izumi: Oh look, who is worried.

A small blush passed through her face, she shook her head quickly making the blush disappear.

Riza: Of course, he looks dead! Anyone would be worried!

Izumi smiled and stood up and went to her daughter.

Riza: Keep him company, okay?

Izumi then winked and left the room.

Riza blushed more this time.

Riza: Mooooom!

Izumi had already left.

Riza walked to where Shihiro was.

Riza: Shi! Are you okay?

Shihiro looked up to see Riza standing over him. She was wearing more casual clothes, she was wearing a black sports lycra and a plain white t-shirt while her blonde hair was tied into a ponytail.

Shihiro blushed a bit at seeing her but quickly regained his composure.

Shihiro: Yeah, it's nothing and... Did you just call me Shi?

Riza: Yeah!

Shihiro: B-but that's a girl's name!

Riza: Not entirely, I think it's a cute nickname for you! And also what kind of friend doesn't give a handle!

Shihiro: Well if you say so... -he replied a bit shyly.

Shihiro had never been given a nickname, well unless if you exclude Rog's insults. He also had never had a friend. Must quirkless adults had stopped having children to spare them the horrors of life. Her mother and her father still decided to conceive him. His father was killed after he was born. Still, his mother cared for him and never once turned her back on him, when there was little to eat, she would sacrifice her food so he could fill his belly, he was forever grateful for her.

Riza dropped to the floor and sat in front of him.

Riza: Say, Shi... Are you really quirkless?

Something made Shi feel uncomfortable at that question he was worried she would turn her back on him the moment he said yes.

Shi: Y-yeah...

Riza: Can I um... Umm .... See your tattoo?

Shihiro was surprised at that question, but he nodded his head and raised up his sleeve. Riza widened her eyes at the sight of it. She put her hand on it, running her fingers in his skin. Shihiro blushed a little though he was more focused on what she was doing.

Riza: It must have hurt, right?

Shi: Yeah...

Riza then lowered her head... She let out a few tears which surprised Shi.

Shi: R-Riza?! What's wrong?!

Riza cleaned her eyes and then spoke.

Riza: It just... Pains me to see how people can be treated like animals... It's painful enough when it is done with animals but with people?..... And it's us... The quirked's fault... You must really hate us..... Hate me... Right?

Shi: N-no! It was not your fault! I mean true there were evil people in the past, but you couldn't have stopped them, y-you weren't even born! And don't say that! I don't hate all quirked! And the ones I hate is not because they are quirked!

Riza: So you don't hate me?...

Shihiro: No... Why would I... In just this few moments we have met, you have shown me you are kind and caring, just like your mom...

Riza: T-thanks... It's like a weight lifted off my shoulders...

Shihiro: I know better than to judge anyone just by something like a quirk or not...

Riza: Yeah... My mother always said that... That we should not judge someone by their physical traits like the colour of their skin or if they are quirked or not... I have been taught that ever since I was born...

Shihiro: As expected of the number 1 hero is suppose - he chuckled a bit at the end.

Riza: Yeah - she smiled - she also taught me other things... She said if I wanted to be a true hero, then there were two things I needed to remember... One... The motive I am fighting for... If I forget that it will lead me to path anguish and desperation once I realized what I'm doing and two... Cherish your loved ones... If you don't, then... It will lead you through a path of pain... And if I forget both, it will lead me to a way full of regrets... That's what she always said.

Shihiro: That sure is wise... Tell me how is it to be the daughter of the two greatest heroes in Japan?

Riza: Weeeeell...

From behind the door, Izumi gave a smile after seeing the interaction between the two teens. She was happy her daughter remembered those things she told her, after all, they would help her to go down the right path, and not the direction she went through...

A memory passed through her head...

Those moments when she had finally found her brother in the power plant coursed through her mind... haunting her... She had turned her back on her loved one, and now that had lead to a path of death and destruction, and most importantly, pain...

Another memory coursed through her mind.

The sight of her dying brother was too much for her at those moments, she felt so desperate at those moments she wanted to turn back time and undo what she did. She fell into aguish knowing she had killed her brother, she regretted it, she regretted it all...

As the memories stopped, she entered the room where the teens were.

Izumi: Alright, you can resume your date later we have to finish training!

Both of them turned to see Izumi, who was smirking at them.

Shi: W-wha... Its n-not.

Riza: We were just h-having a normal conversation!

They were both too red right now.

Izumi: If you say so, come on Shihiro, I want to test your speed, and I have a perfect way to do it.

Shihiro and Riza both had stood up at this point.

Izumi: Play tag with Riza!

Shihiro: Hmm? Tag?

Izumi: Yeah, you know the game, right?

Shihiro: Yeah...

Izumi: Your goal will be to catch Riza in any way possible okay?

Shihiro: Yeah, I guess...

Riza: 'I will get my payback mom... Somehow!'

Riza and Shihiro stood at opposite sides of the room.

Izumi: Three..... Two..... Careful with your hands!

Riza: MOM!

Poor Shihiro just tried to ignore that.

Izumi: One! Go!

Shihiro ran towards Riza and Riza started to run in the opposite direction. Shihiro tried to catch up to her, but she was swift, he tried stretching his hands to grab her but failed every time as she dodged or went faster, Shihiro couldn't as much lay a finger on a strand of her hair... At one point as Riza evaded, she extended her foot which made Shihiro trip and fall face-first into a wall.

Riza: Ah, I'm sorry, Shi! I didn't expect you to go flying.

Shihiro pulled his head off the wall.

Shi: Don't worry... I-its nothing...

Riza: It is something you even left a mark on the wall! Let me bring you some ice...

Riza went storming into the kitchen to grab some ice.

Izumi: Well, that was unexpected, but hey, I think I have seen enough.

Shihiro: So it's over?

Izumi: Yes it is, we will resume tomorrow, meet me same place same hour okay?

Shihiro: Yes, mam!

Riza suddenly entered once again with a pack of ice.

Riza: I am so sorry! Here let me help you!

She started to put the ice all over Shihiro's face, Shihiro blushed a bit at having a Riza so close to him... Again...

Izumi smiled at the antics of her daughter, she then looked at the clock, and her eyes widened.

Izumi: Shihiro, I will bring you back to your home its 6:40 already.

Shihiro: 6:40?!

Riza: Wait, why must he leave? It's early still.

Shihiro: Curfew... We quirkless cant go out of our houses after 7.

Riza: Oh.. -she said while looking a bit sad.

Izumi: Come, let's go.

Shihiro: Yes!

Shihiro went with Izumi outside while Riza followed them.

Shihiro: Bye Riza see you tomorrow - he said then he gave hee a bright smile.

Riza blushed a bit at seeing that smile.

Riza: Y-yeah s-see you tomorrow!

Izumi then flew off with Shihiro while Riza stared into the sky.

She then felt a hand on her shoulder.

Shoto: Don't worry... You can still get flustered by him tomorrow - while somehow keeping a straight face.

Riza: YOU TOO, DAD?!

And so the first day of training for Shihiro ended...

In a dockyard somewhere in Northern Japan, a man stared into the distance, letting the breeze of the sea hit him in the face.

Suddenly a voice calling out his name made him turn around.

General: Speak.

Soldier: They have confirmed it to be the real one sir as well as the location, we are 100% sure, sir!

General: Perfect, stay on hold for now, Lieutenant, I must inform of this.

Soldier: Yes, sir!

General: 'Very soon... The phoenix shall rise once again.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 1.1K 26
When you were younger you and your friends put your faith in heroes, but after seeing a different side of them things change... You were friends with...
134K 4.3K 37
After All Might, Izuku and the gang plus your father who we just discovered rescued you, they deliver the horrible news of the loss of your quirks as...
19.4K 450 13
Izuku Midoriya has always wanted to become a hero despite being quirkless. He admired every hero he came across but he admired one more than the othe...
46.6K 2.2K 146
This is an story which can change depending on the choices you decide to read. So there is no good or bad.... He may be a villain or he can be a hero...