God Eater: Lighting's Requiem

De ZERONHAS

In a world overrun by 'Violent gods', puny humans always faced death at their doorsteps. For years since the... Mais

Prologue: Fading Hope
Chapter 1: Withering Fate
Chapter 2: Trying to stand
Chapter 3: Path to Atonement
Chapter 5: Similarities in Agony
Chapter 6: Mission with Kota
Chapter 7: Closer to Madness
Chapter 8: Evaluation
Chapter 9: Coming New Arrival
Chapter 10: Hot Tail

Chapter 4: Nightmares and Memories

68 3 0
De ZERONHAS

“Big Sister…” A voice called. Those few words resonated to Mikoto’s whole being, stirring her emotions and making her question her purpose in life.

“Big Sister, please wake up…” The voice called again. It’s happening again, every time that this voice calls her, the past that she keeps trying to bury and the pain that she always keeps hidden, hunts her once again.

“Big Sister, please wake up, it’s time…” This time, Mikoto complied and opened her eyes and awoke in her sleep. The first thing that registered to her was that she’s standing in a middle of a ruined city and that she’s also carrying her God Arc.

The scene was complemented by broken steel and glass towers that are emitting smoke, the asphalt road battered and cracked, the sky full of gray clouds and the wind blowing. Then the chestnut haired God Eater a series of heard gunfire, gunfire not from God Arcs but from outdated firearms that fires lead bullets. She followed the sound in haste and found herself in a dark alley, she also found the source of the noise; a girl that she know very well. She has chestnut colored hair like her and she’s wearing a high-tech looking goggles over her eyes, its glow lighting dark alley.

The girl is also wearing a school uniform that consist of a light brown vest sweater over a white blouse and a grey skirt. Its her, one of Mikoto’s sisters. She’s currently firing at an Ogretail, though the effort is in vain, the bullets ricoched against the armored head. The sister continued to fire until the young gunslinger exhausted her clip.

Seeing this, the ‘god’ wasted no time and launch itself towards the girl, in response and acting in pure instinct to protect her sister; Mikoto brought up and brandish her God Arc’s Shield and placed herself in front of the girl, letting the Shield take the blunt of the attack.

Sparks littered the air as the sharp fangs of the Aragami collide with the Oracle infused metal. Knowing that fighting a drawn out fight in a narrow alley is a very bad idea; Mikoto called out to her sibling.

“Run!” She shouted at the girl. The female gunslinger complied and ran out into the open, to the swordswoman’s relief. After Mikoto saw her sister turn to the main road and vanish from sight, she made her move and pushed the Ogretail away, the Aragami staggered from the sudden shove and became off balanced, it stepped back in attempt to return to a stable footing, and after it did reestablishes its footing, the first thing it saw was the spinning chains of Mikoto’s God Arc coming for the kill. It cut through the armored skull of the ‘God’ like its paper, spitting it vertically in half.

The young God Eater didn’t bother to extract the Core of the fallen ‘god’ and just ran after her sister with great haste, the moment that she was out in the main road, she again heard the familiar gunfire. Mikoto was shocked upon seeing her sister being surrounded by dozens of Ogretails, she did not considered her own safety nor did she wasted any second, her body entered a hyperdrive like state, she rampage through the Monsters with relentless strikes and swift and lethal slashes; slowly exhausting herself in the process.

By the time she was able to cut down the last of the small ‘gods’, she was worn out and full of wounds and bruises, which she sustained from acting as a human shield at times she deemed she needed to, as she try to catch her breath. She then gazed at the numerous corpses that littered the asphalt road, soaking the cold road with blood.

Steadying her breathing, Mikoto turned away from the carnage she caused, and shifted her gaze to her sister who was also out of breath from trying her best avoiding the ‘gods’ attacks. Glad that her sister is safe, Mikoto started to walk towards the girl that bears the same features as her.

Then, out of nowhere, one lone Ogretail came out of a corner, it’s tail raised ready to shoot the bone like spike on the end. Again Mikoto did not consider her own well being, but she did calculated how can she bring the assailant that dared harm her sister with her.

The swordswoman quickly ran and faced towards where her sister is, her back facing the small Aragami, she also tighten her grip on her God Arc, bracing herself for the pain that she expect to come. Seconds felt like hours but the punishment she waited did not come. Instead, she saw her sister’s body tumble towards her as if something pushed her violently. In that instance all of the God Eater’s attention was then pointed towards her failing sister; the Monster behind her completely forgotten.

The swordswoman discarded her weapon and placed all her efforts on catching her sibling, she was able to catch her, she was even got caught with the momentum of her sister fall which caused her to also hit the ground. The relief of being able to aid her sister even with the smallest things, but utter shock embraced her whole being when she saw the back of her sibling full of bone like spikes.
Confused to how it was happened, she directed her gaze to where the projectile must have come from, only to see the white haired colleague of hers is currently standing in front of a bloodied corpse of the Ogretail.

Tears then began to flow on Mikoto’s cheeks. The revenge that was supposed to be hers, taken away swiftly. She did not know what to feel; should she feel angry at the white haired boy because he took away the chance for her to avenge her sibling or to be grateful for the help he gave without her asking him.

A hand placed on her shoulder then made her momentarily snap out of her turmoil, she traced it back to her sister that’s still in her embrace, with great difficulty, her sister tried to face her and look her in the eyes, when she succeeded, she spoke.

“B-big sister…Why?...” The girl asked before finally succumbing to her injuries.

Mikoto’s tears flowed more freely upon hearing the last question of her sibling, her last request to know something from her. Knowing that she wouldn’t be able to hear the whole question nor can she answer it. Pain enveloped her and she howled to the skies; her sorrow flowing like river on her cheeks.

As she let sadness consume her being, she heard a voice that sent chills to her spine. She was even snapped awake from her misery upon hearing the new voice coming from behind her.

“What’s this? I thought you and third string would protect those sisters of yours?” The voiced said with an amused tone.

“Wait, third string did protected your sisters from me. How about you then? Have you done anything to accomplish that oath of yours? Or, was it just a ruse after all?” The voice continued, tormenting the sorrowing girl even further.

“You’re wrong…” Mikoto sobbed, tears refusing to stop and dry up. The words of this boy, they are cutting her into shreds slowly.

“Oh? Is that so? Then why are you hugging that broken doll?” The voice asked, questions that the girl has no answer.

“Hehehehe! So you’re just a spoiled brat after all! Can’t even do anything! Always needing someone to do your dirty work! Hahahahaha, Man! That poor boy really needs to wake up from his dream of being a hero! He should stop wasting his time on saving people who can’t even keep a promise!” The voiced continued. Its laughs sinking Mikoto’s feelings into the ground she’s kneeling on.

“Even after you were given the privilege to obtain more power! The power to even slay those ‘Violent gods’! And yet, you still failed to even protect one of your sisters without that third string! How will you protect 10, 000 of them huh?!”

Having enough of the mocking and tormenting, Mikoto screamed and unleashed her power, she directed a lighting towards where the voice originated, even having full knowledge that its futile. The laughter continued, making tortured girl sick of it. The cruel, mocking laughter of the boy who perfected the sin she committed. It continued to sound in her head, and slowly making her tremble, slowly making her more broken and slowly making her question the second chance the idiotic boy gave her.

“Please…Stop…” Mikoto cried. Her soul being shred and crushed as the person behind her continued to torment her. The boy didn’t heed her words though, he continued to laugh; knowing that it’s torture for the girl.

“YOU’RE JUST LIKE THEM! SPOUTING FALSE PROMISES!” This time, Mikoto heard her own voice among the laughter.

“You promised that you’ll indulge her in your world… to protect her with your life! You even drag someone with you! Aren’t you grateful for that?! Aren’t you ashamed, that you failed to fulfill your promise?!” Her own voice shouted at her. She tighten her embrace on her dead sister, but then realized that the corpse she held close to her is nowhere to be found.

She was just hugging herself as the words assault her. As the words reach her ears, it drilled a hole on her being, every syllables of every sentence burned her soul. It hurts so much, that Mikoto wished to make the pain go away. Its more painful than physical wounds and more agonizing than anything she felt in her life.

“P-please… Stop… I-I’m sorry…” The sorrowing God Eater pleaded to the voices she’s hearing. But her words were not acknowledged. They just continued with their torture.

“You were dreaming all along! You think you saved your sisters?! WRONG! You just made it worst for them! WAKE UP YOU PITIFUL FOOL!” The cruel voice of the boy once again rang.

He was right. She just made it worst for them, she should have continued on with her plan all along, and didn’t let that stupid boy interfere. She should have died and maybe this should have happened. No… She shouldn’t have been born. If that were the case then, then non of this would have to pass.

“WAKE UP!!!” A new voice shouted at her. It seems to drown out the other two voices, and also for some reason, all her wishes to vanish from existence, slightly weakened. She raised her head and saw a blurry image of a white haired boy. His blue eyes were staring right to hers. His eyes bore determination, but also she saw the pain that mirrors hers.

“Wake up…” The boy repeated, but in a much lower voice. Mikoto’s vision cleared up and saw Zero in front of her, she also noticed that she was sitting up on a bed.

It took her seconds before she realized were she is. She was in the infirmary of the Den. Though she was still confused to why she was there. Mikoto then noticed the group of people near the automated door. She recognized them; they were her friends from the City.

There were four of them currently; a girl with long black hair, another one with light red colored hair tied into pig tails and another one with short black hair that has a hairband with flowers on it, and in front of them is a boy with spiky black hair; his right hand raised in front of him.

They all looked frighten and also worried sick, she then turned her gaze to the Zero who was holding her shoulder; she noticed that his body was smocking for some reason. Though she was not able to ask why, because he collapse to the floor shortly after.

---***---

A/N: Sorry but this is only an updated version of the 3rd chapter that became the 4th because I split the 1st chapter into two. I am working in the 5th one though so that's that. I am trying to recover my creative self and also my imagination so that I can deliver something actually worth reading. You might find some inconsistencies so don't be afraid to tell me where they are.

Well this is ZERONHAS signing out!

PS: Really sorry that I broke my promise that I will update GE:LR exactly after I am home. I had to piece things together again to smooth out some troublesome conflicts that would come out if I continued with the approach that I was going.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.4K 272 13
Sol, who is 'So Out of Luck' reincarnated as an orphan in a remote village which is setting in a novel he vaguely remembers reading. But the problem...
30.5K 960 25
Gods. Great beings, that cannot be compared to a human is what he is. The gods, currently hostile towards each other, is trying their best to not inv...
1.7K 35 14
This is my version of one short where I write down whatever in my back of mind is. This is totally not related to my individual stories. If you have...
1.7K 104 5
Veldanava, the god of all universes and creation, realized many human thoughts and minds after the loss of many lives by an attack of Ivarage on the...