Peppermint || Shoto Todoroki...

By buttered_creampuffs

Y/N L/N, an insanely talented 15 year old girl with an incredible quirk. Accepted into UA High School, the be... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
addressing certain issues

Chapter 3

54.5K 1.1K 2.7K
By buttered_creampuffs

Your hero costume above ^

'I am here!' Y/N looked up, startled as All Might barged into the classroom. The class immediately turned chaotic as everyone gasped at the legendary hero. The brunette sneaked a glance at Shoto, noticing that he looked just as bored as she was.

The silver eyed girl zoned out as All Might rattled on and on about being a hero. 'But one of the keys of being a hero is... Looking good!' The hero exclaimed, pointing over to a bunch of lockers that neatly slid out of their slots. 'These were designed for you based on your quirk registration forms and the request you sent in before school started!' The class cheered, bringing Y/N back to reality.

'Get yourselves suited up and then meet me at training ground Beta!' He exclaimed.

'Yes, sir!' The class echoed before scrambling to collect their costumes. 'Ochaco, what's all the hype about?' 'Oh, Y/N!' Ochaco giggled. 'You were dreaming again, weren't you? We're doing indoor combat training today. Go get your hero costume and let's go change!' 'Oh... okay.' Y/N  smiled bashfully and scampered over to her locker. 

'Hurry up Y/N, I wanna see how you look!' Ochaco whined as the girl hid behind a curtain shyly. 'Why did I think designing was a good idea...' She muttered quietly as she stepped out. 'Y/N! You look great!' Ochaco squealed, hugging Y/N. 'Let's just go...' Y/N blushed a beautiful shade of pink, taking  Ochaco by the hand and slinking out of the changing room.

They wandered down the halls, accidentally bumping into a small boy who looked as though he had grapes for hair. And to make matters worse, he was drooling, while his fingers wiggled in a perverted way. 'Nice boobs, Y/N.' He grinned. Y/N stared in horror. 'Who... are you?' She whispered as she and Ochaco slowly inched backwards. 'Minoru Mineta, nice to meet you.' He jumped. 'Run!' The girl screeched, bolting off, dragging a panicked Ochaco after her. 'I am running!' Ochaco screamed, dashing after her friend. 'Run better!' Y/N yelled in reply, 'That guy is such a pervert!'

The two young heroines in training got to the training ground before the rest of the class, panting and trying to catch their breath. 'Good day, young L/N and young Ochaco! What brings you here so early?' All Might appeared, curious as of why the two young ladies were in such a hurry. Just then, the rest of the class appeared. Y/N and Ochaco yelped and hid behind the nearest person when they saw Mineta. 'Uh... L/N? What are you doing?' Y/N realised she was hiding behind Shoto. 'Mineta's being a pervert. Sorry.' She stepped out from behind Shoto and edged away from Mineta, before noticing Izuku in his costume, giggling under her breath at how he tried to imitate All Might's hair and smile.

...

'Let's draw!' All Might held up a lottery box. They each took turns to draw lots. Y/N ended up with Shoto. 'Wow, what are the chances! We're a team!' Ochaco excitedly bounced up to a flustered Izuku, who jumped at least a mile into the air. Y/N couldn't help but chuckle at her friend's enthusiasm, shaking her head affectionately. 'She definitely likes Izuku already.'

'Team A will be the heroes. Team D will be the villains. Everyone else can head to the monitoring room to watch. 'Good luck, Ochaco! I believe in you!' Y/N gave her dear friend a big bear hug, before turning and heading off to where Shoto was standing. 'Thank you, Y/N!' Ochaco smiled and ran off to join Izuku. 'You didn't have to wait up, you know.' The girl smiled cheerily as she reached Shoto. 'You probably don't know the way to the monitoring room as well.' The heterochromatic boy deadpanned, starting to walk. 

'Okay, you got me.' Y/N laughed, eyes sparkling in the light. 'You look cool in your costume, by the way. Why'd you cover up the left side of your face though? I like your blue eye.' Shoto glanced at Y/N. 'I didn't want to be reminded of my father.' 'Oh... I see. Sorry I asked.' 'It's fine, I guess.' Shoto mumbled, holding the door open for his partner.

...

Y/N watched anxiously as Izuku tackled Ochaco when Bakugo leapt out from the corner,  a look of concern flashing over Ochaco's features when she noticed most of Izuku's mask destroyed. 'This shit's gonna get real.' Y/N whispered to herself, clenching her teeth. 'And bad.'

Izuku grabbed Bakugo by the arm when the latter tried throwing a right hook, pivoting on the spot and taking advantage of Bakugo's momentum, Izuku threw him into the air. Bakugo landed on his back with a slam that rattled the floor, making everyone on the monitory room wince. 'Ouch.' Y/N shuddered, unfurling her fingers.

But after that bit of action, a minute passed and the match didn't seem like it was making any progress. 'Hey... Who's Bakugo talking to? I'm not hearing anything, can we get some sound with this video?' Kirishima pointed out.

'He's got a radio in his ear so he can talk to his partner. I gave it to him before the match started, along with a map of the building. Also, this.' All Might held up a roll of white tape. 'A roll of capture tape. Wrapping this around your opponent means that you've apprehended them, and they're out for the rest of the game.' 'So... there's a fifteen minute time limit and the good guys have no idea which floor the nuclear weapon is hidden on, right?' The same girl with pink skin that Y/N had snapped at spoke.

'Correct!'

'Then the heroes are clearly at a disadvantage here! A big one!' She blurted out incredulously.

'Real heroes have to outwit villains on a daily basis. That's life. Even when the odds aren't in our favour, we fight. All together, let's hear it- Plus Ultra!' The class cheered, except for Shoto who raised his hand slightly. 

Y/N's attention was brought back to the screen when Izuku ran away from another one of Bakugo's punches. 'Hold it. Where did Ochaco go?' The brunette asked, searching for her friend. The auburn haired girl was nowhere to be found. 'She ran off while Izuku was fighting Bakugo.' Shoto informed her. 'Oh... okay.'

'Bakugo does seem to have serious anger issues.' Y/N piped up a few moments later, eyes glued onto the plasma screen. 'That puts him at a disadvantage when he has to fight. You can't win when you're too busy getting pissed off.' She observed, tapping a finger against her chin. 'He seems to have a big ego too. His pride is going to kill him one day.' 'Well spotted, young L/N! I agree with you completely.'

...

Bakugo began pulling a trigger on the gauntlet he wore around his wrist. 'Young Bakugo, don't do it! You'll kill him!' All Might spoke through the system. 'He'll be fine as long as he dodges.' Bakugo cackled, pulling the trigger all the way. 'This dude seriously has a villainous side...' Y/N stated, focused on the screen. 'And that was a stupid strategy.'

Just then, Izuku got punched, but this time much harder. It was obvious the boys were taking this to a much more hardcore level and were likely to stop at nothing. 'Oh my god, this fight is getting out of hand.' Someone yelled. 'All Might, You have to stop this!' But All Might only smiled.

'He doesn't come off as a guy with a strategy,' Shoto stated, eyes narrowed onto Bakugo, 'but he's actually quite intelligent. 'What are you talking about?' Eijiro Kirishima, a boy with flaming red hair asked, turning around. 'He changed his trajectory in midair using a blast that doubled as a smoke screen. Very clever.' 

'An attack like that requires an extreme amount of precision. He had to calculate the physics and demonstrate control over his quirk.' Momo Yaoyorozu, who had been watching the fight intently up till now, spoke up, explaining it to those who were still confused.

'Bakugo is uber-talented. I hate this.' A guy with electric blond hair groaned. Y/N recalled his name to be Denki Kaminari.

'Here comes, nerd! The famous right hook you were writing about!' Bakugo sneered, landing another punch onto Izuku's elbow. The silver eyed girl flinched seeing the pained expression on Izuku's face. 'All Might, this is clearly going too far! Why aren't you stopping the fight?' She yelled, her eyes filling up with tears. The class broke into conversations. 

A chillingly cold hand enveloped Y/N's elbow. 'He needs to prove himself worthy. Let the fight go on.' Looking up, the girl saw Shoto. 'But he's obviously outmatched in terms of combat power!' She cried, collapsing onto a pillar. 'They're gonna kill each other! Sir!' 

...

'I wasn't... going to use it, because I can't control it. My body... just can't handle the backlash of my power yet. Mr Aizawa said I'd be useless. But this was all that I could think of... This was the only way I had any chance at winning!' 'They're both idiots.' Y/N forced out through her tears. 'Hurting himself to this extent? For the sake of winning?'

'You did it...' All Might muttered. 'The hero team... wins!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6.9K 75
𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀 U.A. High is the birthplace of legendary pro-heroes and a bountiful source of memories. Memories are meant to be cherished! Memories are...
745K 22K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
156K 3.9K 58
Family... That's all that really mattered to (y/n) Todoroki. That is, until her oldest brother Toya went missing and her family started to fall apart...
38K 949 72
Moving in Japan alone for her was a nightmare , yes it truly was. Being alone was what scared her the most. She would always blame herself and thinki...