The Devil's Smile - Editing

By pseudonymVA

Charlie King is the towns resident bad boy, always has been. Always will be, ever since he punched a kid's lo... More

𝗦𝗬𝗡𝗢𝗣𝗦𝗜𝗦
𝗩𝗜𝗦𝗨𝗔𝗟𝗦
𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬
𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗢𝗡𝗘
𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗨𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗪𝗢

𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥

3.8K 50 21
By pseudonymVA

𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 - 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗣
•••

The whispers at school didn't let up, but at this point it was old news because someone from the football team got caught hooking up with another student in the teacher lounge.

Fucking idiot, but I was still grateful for his childish mistake nonetheless.

I could still hear the "she's such a slag" comments and the stares weren't anymore discreet, if anything they were worse, more obvious.

At least I still had Charlie checking up on me constantly. I liked that he cared and It was actually pretty cute how protective he is over me.

Now was seemingly one of those times despite being sat behind me in class.

The great thing about history class was that the teacher didn't care if you was on your phone as long as you finished the work and paid attention when she spoke, meaning Charlie and I could text all we wanted.

Charlie:
You okay?

Nyx:
Yeah, don't worry about me big boy

Charlie:
How you gon' lie to me like that? You look as though you have something on your mind

Charlie:
A penny for your thoughts munchkin?

Nyx:
Meh, you really wanna know?

Charlie:
Yeah

Nyx:
Well i hope you have a snorkel because it's about to get deep

Charlie:
That was a horrible joke, i hope you know that

Nyx:
Yeah I already regret it

Charlie:
So, what IS on your mind?

Nyx:
I just feel like I'm not doing anything, you get me? Like do i have a job right now? No. Do i want to go to college? Abso-fucking-lutely not. It just seems as though I'm not doing anything worth living.

Nyx:
Kinda want to die, kinda want to move to Greece. Whichever opportunity comes first you know?

Charlie:
Looks like we're going Greece this summer because you're not dying before me.

Charlie:
But seriously Nyx, it doesn't matter if you don't feel like you're not doing anything significant right now, you're right where you're meant to be right now, all of the stars have a reason remember?

Nyx:
I know, thank you, it's just not a nice feeling.

Charlie:
I think i can help with that ;)

Nyx:
Gross, don't you have groupies for that?

Charlie:
Maybe

•••

It was later that night when I had just finished working out and had a shower that Charlie had texted me and told me to get ready because he'd be picking me up in under an hour for a lil' trip out for a few hours.

Having no idea what he was planning, I had decided on wearing cut off grey boxer style shorts with a thin white cropped wife beater top, my gold chain necklaces that I literally never take off with white airforce and grabbing a vintage nike crewneck just incase, leaving my hair in its natural state.

It was a sporty, tomboy-ish styled outfit but it was comfy and at seven pm on a Wednesday, I doubt we'd be doing anything that significant.

I grabbed a mini backpack, throwing my phone, some cash and a disposable camera in it before running down the stairs.

Charlie:
Get your ass outside already

Charlie was waiting outside my house in his gorgeous red car, his signature smirk that would make the girls swoon if they ever seen it, plastered across his face. I practically threw myself in his car, giving him a hug after I had slammed the door shut with a touch more force than necessary.

I was glad Charlie wasn't the type to reprimand me for that, shout at me, embarrass me for it. It was a mistake he knew it. Despite that I still winced at the noise but Charlie shot me a small, reassuring smile.

"Eager to see me I see?" his smile morphing into one of his infamous smirks, slapping his shoulder, I laughed at him.

"When aren't I? Just glad not to be home alone"

He gave me a sympathetic smile, knowing that sometimes I got lonely being alone practically all week every week.

"Well aren't you dressed for a night out on the town" he chuckles after taking in my outfit.

"Obviously" I gesture up and down my body with my hand.

"You look great, nice nipple piercings"

Immediately a blush crept up on my face, when getting ready I momentarily forgot that I was wearing a lounge, lace bra and you could totally see my piercings through the lace and thin material of my top.

I liked to think they were cute lil' accessories to the outfit. I just forgot that I could literally be seen by other people.

"Shut up" I playfully shove his arm, maybe a little too hard since we swerve into the opposite lane for a brief second.

"Hey! Go easy on the shoving, I'm driving here"

For a while we were just driving around the city listening to our designated playlist, singing along together with brief conversation in between.

It was genuinely something I enjoyed doing, just hanging around with Charlie. We had one of those friendships were we could talk none stop for hours on end or we could sit in complete silent, just enjoying one another's company in it's most wholesome form.

It was moments like these that I look forward too every single day, and I was beyond grateful for him to be in my life.

I guess I had Elijah and his dickhead friends to thank for that.

We pulled up at a small beach that we have come to at least a dozen times before. It's almost two hours from where we live but it was worth the drive every single time.

The first time we came here was with his mom and dad for a day out in 8th grade. I still remember his mom sharing the story that here is where she met his dad and she felt as though it was love at first sight.

They're the epitome of "relationship goals"

"You coming buttercup?" Charlie's voice snapped me out my trance and I hurriedly got out his car, jogging around it to get to him quicker, in hand he had two towels for us, extending his other hand out for me to intertwine my fingers with before we walked down the beach nearer to the water.

The beach was completely empty besides us two and Charlie had left his headlights on so it was a little lighter since the sky had darkened during our drive.

He flattened one of the towels down on the sand and we both sat down on it, extending our legs in front of us and resting back on our arms.

"I just thought I'd bring you here to give you a piece of mind, get you away from town for a while" he gave me a sheepish smile before continuing "I know how draining it is there for you, especially this week because of the rumours"

And it was true, I loved where I live but at the same time it really was draining. All the people were the same, judgemental and unaccepting. Of course Charlie knew this about me and knows how I'm itching to get out of town, out of the country even, even if it's just for a brief week or so.

"You're really sweet you know? Thanks for doing this." I leant my head to the side, resting it on his shoulder, "it really does mean a lot to me"

"I know" he flicks my nose, making us both chuckle. "But don't tell anyone" he gave me wink.

Did I ever mention his eyes are a shade of blue so electrifying that it was heart stopping when you make eye contact with him. Like they electrocuted you just by catching his glance.

"The sound of water really is calming" I say absentmindedly, admiring the waves as they crashed on the shore.

"Why don't we get in there?"

"You're kidding" I gave him an incredulous look, only to see he was being completely serious.

"Come on, it'll be fun" - " the water might be a little cold but lets just do it"

I contemplated the situation and was about to say no until he gave me his dazzling smile which I obviously couldn't say no to.

And deep down I've always wanted to go skinny dipping anyway.

"What the hell, come on then" I murmured under my breath before
standing up and taking off my shoes and socks first.

We both stripped down to our underwear and Charlie was left in his black Calvin's, showing his perfectly sculptured body and dark ink whilst I was wearing a black lacy lounge bra and matching thong.

We interlinked our hands and hit the water running, before diving under the incoming wave.

I never used to like the salt water but after the sheer amount of times I've found myself at the beach with Charlie over the years, I've gotten pretty used to it.

Resurfacing I gasped for air, looking around for Charlie, only for him to appear next to me shortly after.

"It's not as cold I thought it'd be"

"Neither, glad I convinced you?" He cocked an eyebrow up at me.

"Didn't take much convincing did it" I laughed at him, splashing him a little with the salty water.

Charlie had some tattoos

And by some I meant quite a few. More than ninety five percent of anyone his age. My favourite one being writing on his bicep, all it said was "find yourself" but to me it was oddly inspiring.

After a while I got lazy and practically latched myself onto Charlies back, looping my arms around his neck and letting him do all the work.

"Lets get out, it's starting to get cold, and we can't have you getting sick"

"I'm not five" I roll my eyes, even though I knew he couldn't see.

He knew me well enough to know I was rolling my eyes though.

He carried us out the water and onto the sands, dropping me down from the piggyback ride and tossing me a sand free towel.

After drying off we both threw our clothes back on, deciding that I didn't want to soak through my top, I slipped my bra off, covering my boobs with one arm before slinging the wet lacey bra at Charlie, only for him to scream like a child.

"You're so childish" he laughed, throwing it back to me.

"You love it"

"That's debatable"

We had spent over 5 hours out and it was now nearing one in the morning, both of us feeling hungry we decided that IHOP would be sufficient enough.

During the time we drove there, I rested my legs across his lap, like usual and just thought about all the times we had spent together.

Let me tell you something about hanging out with Charlie, it's like time doesn't exist. You could spend a week with him and it'd pass in a blur, only feeling as though a couple days had gone by. You never want the moment to end because you know once its over you'll be longing for it to happen all over again.

Or at least thats what it feels like for me.

Pulling up in the ihop parking lot, it surprisingly wasn't empty at this time.

We were walking to the entrance when a series of cat-calling caught our attention.

We ignored it for a few minutes until I felt slightly unnerved.

"Why don't you come ride a real man baby girl" I looked around seeing if there was anyone else he was possibly talking to but when Charlie's hand found mine it was confirmed they're definitely talking to me.

"No thanks, I don't like small rides" I shouted back, earning a chuckle from Charlie.

Charlie would had said something for me, threaten them no doubt but he also knows how much I can actually handle myself. He believes in me.

The group of men, or should I say boys since they only looked a couple years older than us made their way from their cars and towards us, four of them in total.

"Ah, you really know how to pick em' don't you King"

Oh so Charlie knows these scumbags

"Stop talking shit, what do you want" Charlie clipped, immediately taking a protective stance between me and them.

"My money back, we all know you cheated"

"Oh you're still hung up that you lost three grand? It's honestly not my fault you drive like a pre-teen"  Charlie retorts, making me giggle beside him.

"Shut your bitch up"

I cock my eyebrow up, looking directly at him.

"Do you have a problem?" I step forward, only to be pulled back by Charlie, standing in front of me once again, almost as if he's shielding me.

"You heard me Charlie, shut your bitch..." before he could even finish his sentence, Charlie threw a hard right hook to his jaw sending him staggering backwards. With his goons getting ready for a fight.

Spitting blood on the floor he cracks his fingers, calling them off as if this is some 2000's gang movie or a scene from The fast and The furious.

"Watch your back Charlie, and hers too" he threatens, turning back around to his car, with his men following suit, only after sending me dirty looks, it wouldn't be fitting if they didn't, of course.

"Who the fuck were they Charlie" I ask.

"Vince and his men from the tracks, thinks I conned him out of money last time we raced."

•••

Nyx's outfit if you wanted a lil visual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 2.7K 38
[BXB / unedited ] Saying that Max Oran is a disaster would be an understatement: he got himself kicked out of school, his dad has sent him to live wi...
3.7M 115K 44
He stares right at me, "You eat like a pig." "You look like a pig." I rolled my eyes, continuing to eat. "A pretty damn sexy pig." He winked. "You m...
19.5K 1.4K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...
935 304 87
Top marks, a loving family and money. James has everything he wants. He goes to a good school with his best friend Becky and is known for being the b...