Indecisive Heart

By stxr_light00

Ava Carter has what you can call a perfect life. Awesome friends✔ Caring family✔ Matt- the school's oh so 'ba... More

Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.

Chapter 12.

777 60 127
By stxr_light00

Damn it! I accidentally spilt the milk on the counter. Everything was going wrong today.

First, when I went for the shower I applied the conditioner before the shampoo and I had to do the whole process again.

Then while exiting the bathroom I slipped on the floor injuring my leg. My right leg was still aching.

I cleaned the countertop and started to pour milk in the bowl for scarlet and put some cereal. and made myself a coffee. Today I really needed it the most.

"Here you go." I put the bowl in front of her and sat on the dining table. Mom had gone for work so now it's only her and me. I wanted to discuss about dad.

"Scarlet do you miss dad," I stated straight to the point. I don't mention about me sneaking in her room or the drawing book. She doesn't like that.

Her hazel eyes widened as if I had asked the question that was burning in her mind for so long.

But she shook her head denying. "No, I have you and mom." She said. She was lying I know. She doesn't want mom to worry. Sometimes I wonder how can a six-year-old girl be so thoughtful.

I got up and sat beside her." Scarlet you don't have to lie to me. And this will be between you and me." I said to her and smiled.

She looked down at her bowl of cereal than at me."I wish I had a dad Ava. I have only seen him in photo's with you and Daniel."

There were still pictures of me and Daniel with dad in the living room. We never talked about it but couldn't take it down. Weird I know.

"I miss him too."

"I miss him the most when other students dad picks them up from school or when there is a father-daughter race on sports day." She said in her fragile little tone.

"Don't worry Scar, I will see what I can do."

Her face lightened." That means you are gonna find him."

I nodded" Yes, I will try to talk to him. I can't guarantee that anytime soon. No promises, okay?" She squeezed me in her tiny arms.

"You are the best sister in the world." She said happily. I don't know how I am going to do it. For Scarlet, I have to. Talking with Dan about this might help.

●●●

"Earth to Ava." Zachary waved his hands in front of me.

"Huh? What."

"Were you even paying attention. Now I have to explain it all over again." He grumbled.

"Sorry, please explain the energy part again." I held the pencil to write down the notes.

"Wait a minute." he took my pencil in his hand.

"Is anything bothering you. You don't look like your usual self."

We were doing our physics homework together after school. Matt had been on my mind the whole time. He hasn't been responding to any of my talks properly for the last three days.

I don't want to be one of those girlfriends that ties their boyfriends on a leash. So I didn't argue much.

He was still upset with me about the incident that happened at the place.

They were having a match in 2 weeks with the rivalry team of Waybright highschool. Matt didn't bother to even tell me about the match.

"Why do you care." It came out harsher than I intended. His whole expression became stoic.

"No, I don't care." He said in his cold voice. And started doing his homework. Shit! He was just worried about me. And now I had released all of my anger on him.

"I shouldn't let out my frustration on you." I gave him an apologetic smile.

"The thing is..."I explained to him about everything.

Leaving the part of him and I working together. I didn't want him to step back just because of a misunderstanding between Matt and me.

His expression changed from sympathetic to amusement drastically.

"Whoa, who could have thought you had that in you." He said amusedly.

"I don't want to hear about how I did the wrong thing. I had enough of that already." I said and held my head in my hand.

He placed his warm hands on my shoulder and I looked up. "You did nothing wrong." He said which surprised me.

Matt thought I had acted like a jealous girlfriend by insulting Claire in front of a bunch of people. While my friends didn't say much. But clearly, they didn't expect that from me.

Hearing Zachary say that was a breath of fresh air.

"You think so."

He nodded his head. "You should talk to Matt." He said like it was the perfect solution.

I shake my head." I tried to."

"I mean really talk to him. About that day and clear your misunderstandings."

He laced his fingers together and rested his chin on top of it. "You must really love him that you humiliated Claire in front of everyone. No one messes with her."

The loving part is true. But I think it was high time someone knocked some senses into Claire. And even if Matt wasn't in the picture I would have done the same. And I don't regret anything.

"She deserved it," I said.

"Then you got nothing to worry about." He reassured me. I was glad there was somebody who could understand me.

"Now come on, do your homework. We don't have the whole day." He said being his.

I rolled my eyes. He's always like that 'bossy'. But I didn't argue. He was right, avoiding talking about it to Matt wasn't the solution.

●●●

Matt would be on the football field. When I reached there I saw the whole team playing. Surely, he was there.

He was guiding his team. And was covered in sweat, but it only made him hotter. Damn! Sometimes I couldn't believe such a sexy human being could date a person like me.

He stopped on his tracks when he noticed me. I gave him a smile. Ryan was there too. He whispered something in Ryan's ear and jogged to me.

"What are you doing here, Ava." He said and started walking straight ahead.

I followed behind him. "What? Now I can't come and see my boyfriend practising for his game."

"But you never do. You don't have any interest in football." It was true that I didn't like it much.

I couldn't understand the concept of kicking the ball here and there for 45 minutes. Then too, I went to all of Matt's match and supported him.

"I am sorry," I muttered. He didn't say anything and kept on walking. Keeping a good distance between us.

I tried to catch his pace. "I shouldn't have ignored your calls and messages. And even if I was busy I could have informed you. But I just acted like a bitchy girlfriend at Burger Palace."

I bit the inside of my cheeks. And tried to resist the tears pooling in my eyes.

He stopped walking and we were in the much lesser-known area of our school.

His features softened. "Don't ever call yourself a bitch Ava. You are far from that."

"I don't care about what you said to Claire. I was upset that you spend too much time with Zachary and completely neglected me. I was afraid of what could happen to you."

Why was he accusing Zachary? And what could happen to me? He's being delusional. We were just doing our school work together.

"Are you accusing Zachary of something that is going on only in your mind. If so, I have to be clear that he has been nothing but good to me." I raised my voice slightly with anger.

"Ava, can you blame me? That guy is a loner. God knows what goes in his damn mind." He kicked the can that was on the ground.

"Why are we even talking about him. Let others not get between us...please." he caressed my cheeks and pulled me closer.

I was a bit annoyed at him for thinking like that about Zachary. But I didn't say anything. It would just cause us to fight more.

"You got a new piercing." I touched his newly pierced eyebrow. I haven't noticed it before.

"Yeah, isn't it cool. I got it yesterday. "

"It's good. you didn't go to that old place, did you?" He used to go to the bad part of the town. That is where he got all of his tattoos and piercings from.

"No Ava, why would I." He released me and ran his hands through his hair. "Do you still think I would do that. I cut my ties with them ages ago."

I was worried about him. Considering this was the first time he got his piercing since he stopped hanging out with them.

"I got it because I thought it would look good."

"I am sorry and you are right it makes you look more handsome." I planted a kiss on his lips. He bought me closer to him and started to kiss me passionately. We broke off after a long time to catch our breath.

I love Matt, there was no denying in that. But there was a thought that I couldn't shake off my mind. It was like I was missing something. Or it could be just me being paranoid.

"Hey, but you didn't tell me about your match." I reminded him.

"I wasn't lying earlier. It just slipped my mind. You will be there right."

"Of course, you don't have to worry about that."

*****
A/N Hey guy!!

Do you think Scarlet could meet her dad?

If you liked the chapter do vote and comment. It means a lot.
(^•^).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600 59 43
Laken is in for a whirlwind when her family starts falling apart. Enter Matt Taylor, a rising basketball talent with winning looks and a cocky smile...
5K 288 39
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚...
Break Me By AJ

General Fiction

420K 10.4K 44
Vanessa is a sixteen year old orphan from Vermont. With a rough past and no hope of getting adopted, she is surprised when one day a lovely couple wa...
176K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...