it chapter one | reader inser...

By mirage_on_fire

[A Bill Denbrough x reader] Something dangerous is haunting Derry, and 8 young outcasts are put to the test o... More

welcome
happy [second sorta] birthday!! [+memes]
characters
prologue
one | the introduction
two | don't cry
four | meeting beverly
five | the quarry
imma go cry now bye
six | kids are worse. way, way worse
seven | the first encounter
eight | beverly's bathroom
nine | rock war!
ten | "clowns"
👀
eleven | the group encounter
twelve | neibolt (pt.1)
thirteen | neibolt (pt.2)
fourteen | the fight to end all fights
fifteen | a month passes
sixteen | neibolt; the sequel
seventeen | under the well
eighteen | the final (?) battle (pt. 1)
nineteen | the final (?) battle (pt. 2)
twenty | the aftermath
thank you <3
second book

three | the sewers

22.3K 465 1.1K
By mirage_on_fire

A/n- I just found a way to watch the actual movie, so now the scenes should match up better and I don't have to read the script. Thank me later 😌✋

---

"Take everything but the delicious deals guys. My mom loves them," Eddie said to Bill and Richie as they searched through his cupboard for snacks. 

It was a day after school was out, and Bill had changed his mind from the Barrens to the sewers, and when he had told you you had almost said no. You didn't want to go explore sewers, that was disgusting. But when Bill had given you that look, you couldn't say no. Oh god, why did the boy have such an effect on you? Whatever it was, he had done something, and it had you wrapped around his finger and he didn't even know it. 

Now, you were all at Eddie's house raiding his cupboard. You stood beside the boy while Bill and Richie looked through the shelves.

"-Hey! First, you said the Barrens, and now you're saying the sewer. I mean... what if we get caught?" Eddie seemed nervous as you both watched the two boys basically empty out his cupboards. 

"We won't, Eds. The sewers are p-p-public works," Bill told him, shoving some snacks in his bag as Richie walked to look through another cupboard, "We're the public, aren't we?"

"Hey, Eddie, these your birth control pills?" Richie said behind you, and you turned to see him motioning to an open cupboard with a lot of medication inside of it. 

"Yeah, and I'm saving it for your sister. This is private stuff," Eddie snapped, and you turned back to Bill who just smirked at you while he zipped up his backpack, and you rolled your eyes with a grin on your face back.

You all started to walk out of the kitchen, and you passed the lounge room that had the television on with Eddie's overweight mother sitting on a couch-chair inside. You all stopped at the door when she started to speak.

"Eddie-bear, where are you guys off to in such a rush?" She asked while filing her nails. 

"Um..." Bill started, and looked at you, silently asking for back-up. You shrugged, trying to think of a reasonable excuse. "J-just my backyard, Mrs. K."

She flicked her eyes up to look at him and you could almost hear Bill swallow. "I g-got a new- uh... um..."

"A new croquet set!" You blurted out, before elbowing Bill lightly, "Jeez, spit it out, Bill!"

"Okay," Mrs. K seemed convinced with your answer as she looked up at Eddie, "oh, and sweetie, don't go rolling around on the grass. Especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get."

"Yes, mom. Let's go," Eddie said, before pushing you lightly towards the door. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

Eddie sighed in embarrassment, and you stopped walking to see what he was doing. He began walking towards his mother. He placed a light kiss on her cheek, and you heard Richie and Bill start quietly laughing behind you. 

"Do you want one from me too, Mrs. K?" You heard Richie joke as Eddie walked back to the group before pushing him and Bill roughly out of the house.

"No, no, no!"

"I was kidding-"

"Sorry, mommy!" Eddie shut the door behind him before shooting Richie a glare, and you all started walking towards your bikes. 

You all got on and started riding down the street, picking up Stanley from his house and then riding towards the sewers. 

"That's poison ivy. And that's poison ivy-"

Okay, you knew you had agreed to follow Bill, but now that you had dropped your bike in front of a river that led to the sewer, you were regretting the decision. You were wearing jeans and a blue jumper, which you knew would get dirtied if you took one step into the disgusting water.

"-And that's poison ivy," Stanley continued to say, pointing at random green plants that the group walked past. 

You didn't believe Stan's bullshit, but Eddie was freaking out, "Where? Where's the poison ivy?!"

"Nowhere. Not every fucking plant is poison ivy, Stanley," you snapped, turning and throwing your hands in the air. 

The boys kept bickering as you came and stood beside Bill at the entrance of the sewer.

"Okay, well I'm starting to get itchy now and I'm pretty sure this is not good for my..." Eddie started but was interrupted by Richie.

"Do you use the same bathroom as your mother?"

"Sometimes, yeah."

"Then you probably have crabs."

"That is so not funny."

Eventually, you started walking inside the sewer. It was disgusting, but you were doing this for Bill, to make him feel better. You had to keep reminding yourself that as you walked through the disgusting water with a wince on your face.

You walked behind Bill but stopped beside Richie when you realized Eddie and Stanley weren't following you. 

"Aren't you guys coming in?" You asked the two.

"Uh-uh," Eddie pointed at the water, "it's grey-water."

"What the hell's grey-water?" You asked, wearing an exasperated expression.

"It's basically piss and shit. So I'm just telling you, you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee."

As he was talking, Richie had picked up a stick that had been floating in the water and started sniffing it. You looked at him disgusted, and Eddie scoffed in the background.

"Are you- Are you serious? What are you...?"

"Doesn't smell like caca to me, señor," Richie replied, wearing a fake Spanish accent. 

"Okay, I can smell that from here."

"It's probably just your breath wafting back into your face."

"Are you- are you joking? Have you ever heard of a staph infection?"

"I'll show you a staph infection-"

You ended up ignoring the rest of their argument and turning around to see Bill examining the water with a sad expression, flashlight shaking in his hold. You made your way over to him and stood next to him. 

"Hey, you okay?" You asked, resting a hand on his shoulder. He was taller than you, so you had to raise your hand, which made the gesture kind of awkward, but he didn't seem to notice. 

"I-I think," he stuttered back, turning to you, but not meeting your eye.

You gave him a sad smile, before wrapping your arms around the boy. He was quick to return the hug, burying his face into your hair while you rested your chin on his shoulder. You heard him let out a little sigh, before wrapping his arms around your waist tighter. 

You were enjoying this moment, but... something had caught your eye as you looked over Bill's shoulder. 

Was that a shoe?

"Oh my god," you gasped, unwrapping yourself from him and pointing to it, "is that-?"

He turned and saw it, but didn't say anything, just made his way over to it, with you following behind him. He picked it up, before turning and getting the boys attention, "Guys!"

Richie began walking over, and his expression turned cold when he realized what it was. 

"Shit. Don't tell me that's..." Stanley's voice cracked as he called from the entrance. 

"No. Georgie wore galoshes," Bill explained, and you sighed.

"Whose sneaker is it?" You asked, and Bill shined his flashlight over the shoe, revealing the words 'B.Ripsom'. You felt sick to the stomach as you stared at it. 

"It's Betty Ripsom's," Richie said quietly. 

"Oh, shit. Oh, God. Oh, fuck! I don't like this," Eddie started hyperventilating. 

"How do you think Betty feels? Running around these tunnels with only one frickin' shoe?" Richie raised his foot and jumped around jokingly, but then he caught Bill's eye and instantly shut up.

"What if she's still here?" You asked suddenly and began walking farther into the tunnel, leaving the boys behind you. 

Well, that was your plan, if it wasn't for Bill yelling your name. 

"Y/n, wait!"

You stopped and turned to the group, motioning for them to follow you. Richie started walking while the rest of them stayed put. 

"Eddie, come on," Richie called as he walked towards you. 

"My mom will have an aneurysm, okay? If she finds out we're playing down here. I'm serious. Y/n?" Eddie replied, looking at you with a pleading look for you to come back. 

"If... If I was Betty Ripsom, I would us to find me. Georgie too," You told him, looking at the water, not meeting their eyes. 

"What if I don't want to find them? I mean, no offense, Y/n, but I don't want to end up like-" Eddie caught Bill's eye, "I don't want to go missing, either."

"He has a point," Stanley spoke up from beside him.

"You too?" Richie asked him, and he shrugged.

 It's summer! We're supposed to be having fun!" Stanley exclaimed while Richie gave you and Bill a shrug, "this isn't fun. This is scary and disgusting."

Just as he had said that, a boy that looked around the same age as you collapsed in the water behind you, at the foot of the tunnel. He attempted to stand again, and you got an eyeful of blood, before he fell again. He was hurt. 

You began to walk, Bill and Richie following behind you, and you stopped at the foot of the sewer.

"Holy shit. What happened to you?" Richie exclaimed as he stood beside you, examining the boy. 

"Oh my god, oh my god, what do we do?!" You said. There was so much blood, it looked like he had been shot. The thought immediately made you feel nauseous.

The next few minutes were a blur. The boys had somehow gotten the boy on the back of Bill's bike, and now you were all riding into town towards the local chemist. 

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2K 12
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, y/n is new to derry and gains 4 possessive stalkers, as well as 7 losers. yandere! various it x fem!reader. reader is poc friendly:...
152K 3.3K 19
[A Bill Denbrough x reader] Defeated by members of the Losers' Club, the evil clown Pennywise returns 27 years later to terrorise the town of Derry...
9.3K 294 25
█ 。:* ──── in which the new girl and the infamous town sweetheart kick off the start of a teen-romance. 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄──── this story features mentions of...
105K 2.7K 17
"the plan will work, it's a great plan. don't worry," seventeen year old y/n y/l/n is stuck in a situation she can't get out. she's in love with her...