Shadows of our Past

By xcharredrosesx

{SEQUEL TO THE EDGE OF THE UNIVERSE} "He is the chosen one, he will bring balance," Qui Gon Jinn brought to t... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
Update/sorry
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
The End :D

XII

207 8 3
By xcharredrosesx

(The lightsaber is shown in the image above next to Anakin's except there is two of that lightsaber)

Anakin's POV

I couldn't sense any traps or arrows so I walked forward and stopped in front of the pedestal, I placed my own ignited lightsaber on the smaller pedestal next to it and reached out and grabbed the lightsaber. I felt a jerk from behind my skull and then everything disappeared for a second...

"You don't know the power that the force holds!" snarled a man with jet black hair and sith yellow eyes.

"We warned you Rajivari, this dark power has consumed you!" a woman shouted back igniting a blue lightsaber.

"You don't know the power of the dark side!" Rajivari screamed.

Rajivari ignited a deep sith red blade and the other two male Jedi that were there ignited their lightsabers. 

"Fools! You will never be a match for me!" he hissed.

Rajivari lifted Garon Jard up in a force choke and broke his neck within seconds, the wise Jedi Master left limp in an invisible hold and slumped to the ground as Rajivari released him. Cala Brin, the only girl Jedi Master of the original four, screamed and rushed forward. Her lightsaber hummed, a deep sound as first that got higher as she built up power behind it, the red and blue blades met and a crack like lightning echoed around the ancient Temple they were in. 

Ters Sendon leapt in as Rajivari kicked Cala away, their lightsabers moved perfectly against one another blocked and striking the others blade in a way that almost looked choreographed. Cala Brin jumped back into the fight putting as much power behind every blow. The two Jedi Masters and the Sith moved quickly around the area of the Temple flipped and using the force in ways that the Jedi now could only imagine. A storm began to brew and thunder echoed off in the distance but it was hard to hear since the sound of the blades clashing together made the same sound. 

Rajivari kicked Cala Brin in the stomach forcing her back slightly and he elbowed Ters Sendon's arms up into the air leaving his stomach open, the sith red lightsaber sliced through Ters' stomach as his eyes widened in brief pain and shock. Before he crumpled and lay limp on the ground, a steady pool of blood trickling from his stomach.

"You're a monster!" Cala screamed.

"I have become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of, it's something you wouldn't understand," Rajivari sneered.

Cala's mouth formed into a straight line of determination and she brought Ters Sendons lightsaber into her hand and ignited it as well as her own. 

"I won't avenge them, but there will be someone who will," she snapped.

She roared and leapt forward, moving fast and gracefully with the two lightsabers as they attacked the red blade. A brief moment of panic crossed over Rajivari's face but he composed himself and shoved her away, he brought a hand back and the blue/purple force lighting shot out towards Cala hitting her in the chest. She slammed into the back wall and fell onto the ground, Rajivari laughed and brought her lightsaber, Garon Jard and Ters Sendon's lightsabers into his hand and placed them on his belt.

"I have no equal, and never will," Rajivari hissed.

The thunder echoed around the planet and Cala looked up into those sith yellow eyes that used to be a deep clear blue. Lightning lit up the sky and Cala grimaced and rolled away from Rajivari and jumped to her feet. Lightning shot down from the sky and Cala aimed it towards Rajivari who screamed and was blasted back. 

Cala kept going and sent bolt after bolt of lightning towards him, Rajivari screamed and shot force lightning to meet the bright white bolt of lightning. Cala sent more bolts of lightning and used the electricity in the place around her as her own force lightning but on the light side of the force. 

"You should know, I never lose!" Rajivari screamed before using the force to throw an ignited lightsaber towards her. 

It landed in her chest and the white lightning stopped leaving the purple to hit her, she crashed into the wall and her eyes closed as she fell onto the ground like the other two fallen Masters. Rajivari pulled the green lightsaber out of her chest and placed it back on his hilt. 

Rajivari sensed 8 force presences behind him and turned around to see the eight former Padawans of the Jedi Masters. They all ignited their blades, some green and some blue but two different shades. A younger version of Kol was in the middle pushing his fear down as he held two bright blue blades in his shaking hands.

"What did you do!" one of them screamed.

"I have learned a more powerful use of the force, however, your Masters didn't like the amount of power I wield. Know that if you make the same choice, your fate will be the same as there's," Rajivari threatened glaring at them all. 

The former Padawans looked at each other looking for one of them to make the decision, soon enough one of them rushed forwards and the others followed close behind. Rajivari easily stabbed two of them and force pushed another two out of the Temple and down to the bottom of the cliff but luckily, they used the force to slow down their fall so they were unharmed. One was roughly force pushed into the wall and was knocked unconscious and Rajivari lifted one of them into the air in a force choke. Kol screamed and leapt forward catching his former Master off guard, the Padawan fell to the ground gasping for air as Saki and Kol were the only former Padawans left. Rajivari laughed and got to his feet igniting his blood-red blade.

"I trained you well, my apprentices," he commented, "Join me, I can teach you the ways of the dark side just like I taught you the ways of the light. We can rule the galaxy together and become far more powerful than any other being!" 

Kol narrowed his eyes and looked back to where the three dead Jedi Masters lay and two dead former Padawans with the other two former Padawans injured. 

"You only want to bring destruction and fear to the Galaxy, you taught us to trust in the force and listen to it. The Force is against this," Kol replied with his voice shaking.

"So much fear in you Skywalker, not a trait a proper Jedi should have," Rajivari hissed, "And you Saki, I sense the conflict within you, I know you'll make the right decision. I sense your fear and the dark side can use it and transform it into power!" 

"Don't listen to him Saki, he's just trying to manipulate you!" Kol yelled.

"Saki. If you join me you'll finally be able to rise above Kol and become far more powerful than him, you won't be second best anymore. You'd be my prized student," Rajivari convinced.

"What? We're equals Saki, we always have been, ever since we were born we have been," Kol begged.

"It's not true. I know you Saki, I've heard your thoughts, you know you've always been second best, with your parents and you know the other Masters favoured Kol over you and even I knew Kol was more powerful in training but you won't be second best, not anymore, not to me," 

"Saki, please, don't listen to him, he's lying!" Kol cried.

"No, you've been lying to me!" Saki snarled, "You were always the one that had to prove to everyone that you were better,"

"What?"

"I've been in your shadow for my whole life, but not anymore!" she hissed.

She lunged at Kol and he brought up his blue blades to block the blow, Rajivari laughed as he watched them both fighting, Saki's strikes reckless and wide with Kol's started off small and on the defensive side.

"Mum and Dad will finally be proud of me when they see how powerful I've become," Saki hissed.

"You say powerful, I'd say disappointed and scared," he shot back.

Saki screamed and there was a blur of blue blades but Kol blocked all of them and pushed her back with the force.

"One day you'll realize that the light will always win," Kol shouted.

"You're scared, I sense it within you brother," she spat, "You're fear will stop you from defeating me!" 

"Confronting fear is the destiny of a Jedi, give in to fear is what the sith do!" 

Kol moved forward and struck again no longer going on the defensive or holding back, Kol's lightsabers and Saki's lightsabers moved quickly and hit each others so often that it was just a blur of white light. They were evenly matched until Kol cut one of Saki's lightsabers in half and in her distraction he moved up and cut the left side of her face and force pushed her away. 

"We're leaving Saki!" Rajivari announced already on a ship.

Saki got to her feet at looked at Kol one last time before jumping on, the doors slid shut and that was the last time Kol Skywalker saw Saki Skywalker. 

Kol, Rajivari and Saki were sitting in a field with the sun shining down on them. Kol and Saki looked to be around 19 and Rajivari's eyes were a familiar deep blue colour and he had a smile on his face. They were all sitting down on the grass in a circle and Rajivari pulled two identical lightsabers out and gave on to each of them.

"These were the first lightsabers I created and probably the first lightsabers ever created in the universe," Rajivari explained, "You two fight well with two lightsabers so, I'm giving you these,"

Kol and Saki both ignited the lightsabers they were given to reveal two bright light blue blades, identical to the scratch.

"Thank you, Master, we'll take good care of these," Kol replied, "It's an honour to be gifted these,"

"I trust that these blades will be used well, I'm proud of you both and you've both become great Jedi, I'm proud to be your Master," Rajivari said bowing.

"T-Thank you, Master, I-I'm speechless," Saki stammered.

"It's okay young one, I already know of your thankfulness," he laughed.

Saki Palpatine and Kol Skywalker were older now, much older and they were battling in the hanger of a large ship. Kol's son, Lysander Skywalker was watching fearfully from the hanger of a small ship as his father and Saki fought. 

The battle looked like there was no end in sight until Kol took a deep breath and slowed down his attacks dramatically. In seconds Saki's lightsaber had stabbed Kol, it was the one that was identical to Kol's that was given to her by her Master many years ago but instead of the bright blue blade, it was blood red.

Everything seemed to stop as Kol was stabbed and Kol shakily placed a hand on his sister's cheek.

"You won, you beat me. That's what you wanted, wasn't it?" Kol gasped.

"N-No," Saki whispered.

Kol fell to the ground and Saki stood there, horrified of what she realised she had done.

"No!" Lysander shouted igniting his green lightsaber as he rushed forward.

Saki looked up and took one last look at her brother before running, she jumped into a smaller ship and left as Lysander fell to his knees by his father's side.

"Lysander, take it," Kol choked out holding out the lightsaber that he had received from Rajivari many years ago. 

Lysander took the lightsaber and placed it on his belt and grasped his father's hand as tears silently streamed down his face.

"Pass it down," 

"I will father, I promise,"

Kol placed a hand on Lysander's cheek before his eyes went still and the lifeless hand fell from his sons face as the life drained out of him. 

Flashes of the lightsaber being passed down through the Skywalker line always staying the same blue colour as the twin blood-red lightsaber was passed down through the Palpatine line. It stopped with Ravin Skywalker and then end of the Old Republic, Tr'a Saa and Ravin stood on a planet with a ship behind Ravin and his family on it.

"This is my family line lightsaber, it's been in my family for generations but it was also my ancestors who shifted the balance in the force. Take it and hide it, somewhere that no one else shall no expect for one person when the time is right," Ravin said handing the lightsaber to his former Padawan.

"Why not just destroy it?" she asked.

"Someone will need it one day, to meet the twin lightsaber that is in possession of the dark side, and when they do, balance in the force shall come again..."

A/N: Sorry if this chapter was confusing, it was mainly just a flashback and visions that Anakin receives from touching the lightsaber. Next chapter it won't be visions just back to normal. If your confused on some stuff then hopefully the next chapter will clear it all up. Thank you for voting and commenting it really helps!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 1.7K 67
An episodic, Clone Wars-style story; Obi-Wan Kenobi has an interesting mission ahead of him. A Gray Jedi has deserted his order and is looking to rep...
23K 745 55
Anakin Skywalker and Obi-wan Kenobi have tried their best to fight against the forces in the clone wars and things are changing, people are changing...
15K 620 104
After Obi-Wan's supposed death, Anakin is devastated. He receives a surprise offer which will hopefully allow him to end the Clone Wars and save the...
2K 24 19
The light dims, and darkness lurks around every corner, ready to strike like a serpent. With the death of the sith assassin on Naboo, as well as the...