The Royal Crush

therandomphantom द्वारा

'Once upon a time, there was a girl who hauled her ass out of bed and dragged it all the way to school. That... अधिक

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

24

207 12 0
therandomphantom द्वारा

I shut my locker with a smug smile when Caleb came up to me, fuming.

"You did it," he hissed.

"Did what?" I asked innocently.

"The cat!"

I smirked, remembering how I'd stormed out of the party after Caleb had tried to make me fall on my face. When I'd seen Caleb's car outside with a door not shut properly, I couldn't resist; I put a cat inside.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said with a bored expression, checking my nails.

"I'm gonna get you back for this," he threatened.

"Ooh I'm so scared!" I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

He just glared at me and walked away.

"So I'm guessing yesterday didn't go as planned..." said Zara from behind me.

I smiled and turned to her. "No. It was better."

Zara raised an eyebrow. "How so?"

I smiled proudly. "Well, I got to stain his white shirt and trash his car."

"Now I'm really worried..."

"You don't need to be. I'm just getting even."

"You should stop this before it goes too far," she warned.

"Oh, I've stopped. But if he does anything, I will most definitely retaliate."

Zara sighed as the bell rang. "Just... be careful."

I nodded and walked to class. Caleb was talking to someone and glared daggers at me when I entered. I smirked at him and took the farthest available seat. Oh I felt so satisfied. I could just imagine what the cat might have done to the expensive leather in his precious car. That should teach him not to mess with me.

"You are nuts," Vivi whispered.

"Good," I smiled.

○○○

I sighed and entered Chemistry. I slammed my bag down on the counter and looked around, noticing that Caleb wasn't there. Sheesh. All that attitude for nothing.

Mr. Flynt started class and there was still no sign of Caleb. Whatever. We had theory class anyways, so I didn't need a partner.

.

.

I walked out of third hour and was met by Alexa.

"Your boy Eaton ditched third hour," she said.

"So?" I asked.

She shrugged. "Just saying."

That's when it happened. I opened my locker to put my books away and a whole lot of condoms spilled out.

There was a moment of shocked silence and then someone giggled and soon everyone was laughing. Everyone except me.

My hands curled into fists as I stormed into the cafeteria. I planted my feet in front of where Caleb was sitting and glared coldly at him.

"You did it!"

He smirked. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, you are sooo dead, Eaton," I fumed.

Caleb shrugged. "Let's see."

"You just wait. I know how to buy stuff in bulk too," I snapped and marched outside. I headed to my car and started the engine.

"What are you doing?" Keith asked, opening the passenger door.

"Revenge," I said.

"But Chloe-"

"Get in or get lost, Keith," I said, revving the engine.

He sighed and got in. I drove to the nearest store and hurried in. I rushed to the women's section. Keith had grabbed a basket for me and I filled it with tampons and a couple of mega size packs of sanitary pads. I even added a packet of hair dye to the cart. The cashier looked weirdly at me but I just smiled at him and got out of there.

Keith rolled his eyes as he got into the car.

"This is really unnecessary."

"Did you not see what he did to me?" I asked.

"Yes, but it's because you let a cat loose in his car."

"Yea, because he tried to trip me!"

"Because you spilled a drink on him."

"Because he humiliated me!"

"Because you- never mind. It's not like you're gonna change your mind."

I parked in the school parking lot and looked at the time. Fourth period had just begun. I opened the big packs of sanitary pads and stuffed my backpack with as many as I could fit in. Then I entered school. There was hardly anyone in the corridors and I walked around, trying to find someone from the football team. I had already texted George and Cedric and both said they didn't know what Caleb's locker combination was. I spotted Holt Tucker and was walking towards him purposefully, when the door of the boys washroom opened and George stepped out.

"Hello there," he said.

"George. I thought you were in class?" I asked.

"It was boring and anyways, you need help with Caleb's locker."

I shrugged. "I was about to force it out of Holt Tucker."

"Don't bother, he doesn't know shit. Now show me where Eaton's locker is."

"I thought you didn't know his combination?"

"I don't. Now show me."

I shrugged and led George to Caleb's locker. He immediately took something out of his pocket and began picking on Caleb's lock. Seconds later, the locker swung open.

I gaped at George. "How did you do that!"

George shrugged and smiled. "They don't call me the best trickster in Stafford High for nothing."

I opened my bag and transferred all the purchased items into his locker. This time, George gaped at me.

"Can you wait? I've got more in my car," I said.

George burst out laughing. "Sure, sis."

I hurried to my car with an exasperated Keith on my heels and fetched the rest, stuffing it all into my backpack. Then I rushed back to Caleb's locker and stuffed it all in, shutting it just in time to prevent it from spilling.

George was still laughing. "This is lit. I can't wait to see Eaton's face."

I grinned. We ended up walking around aimlessly till the bell rang. I hung by my locker, subtly watching Caleb's locker. But Caleb didn't stop at his locker and went straight to his next class.

I headed to Biology and sat beside Dylan. It was a lab period. Mrs. Herb was a pleasant teacher and she'd let us choose our partners on the first day. Vivian had been absent so I'd paired up with Dylan.

"Mr. Brown, what are we supposed to be doing?" I asked Dylan.

Dylan grinned. "Why, Ms. Everett, were you not paying attention? Busy thinking of a retaliation for Eaton, I suppose."

I waved my hand dismissively. "Nah, that's already taken care of."

"Well, today we'll be studying the differences between different types of stems and roots."

Dylan fetched the slides and I placed one under the microscope, squinting through the eyepiece.

"Which one is it?" Dylan asked.

"How am I supposed to know?" I huffed.

Dylan rolled his eyes, smiling, and took my place, squinting through the microscope.

"This is a monocot stem, because the vascular bundles are scattered and bundle sheaths are present. Dicot stems don't have bundle sheaths and the vascular bundles are well arranged," Dylan said enthusiastically while I took notes.

We did the rest of the slides and Dylan was practically bouncing. He was good at Biology, but not usually this enthusiastic...

When we were done, I propped my elbows on the counter and interlaced my fingers, placing my chin on them.

"Okay, what's up?" I asked.

"What?"

"You're overly joyful, like an excited puppy. It's creeping me out."

Dylan laughed. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, you've got this goofy grin on your face. It's about Levi, isn't it?"

Dylan smiled. "Yeah, we're going on a sort of road trip next weekend, on his motorcycle. He texted me a few minutes ago and I agreed."

"But we've got the football match this weekend."

"Not this weekend, the weekend after that," he said

"That's awesome! By the way, we're going to the match and bonfire together, right?"

"Actually, I'm bringing Levi."

"Oh. Vivi's going with Cedric and Alexa and George will be together as usual."

"I'm sorry Chloe."

"Yea whatever, it's no biggie. I'm so glad to see you this happy. Kudos to Levi."

Dylan smiled. "I know it's cheesy and corny, but everything just feels... right with him, you know? I feel at home in his arms. It's like we're meant to be."

"Wow..."

"He touches my mind, body and soul," Dylan said dramatically, putting a hand over his heart and grinning like a maniac.

"Okay, blergh. That's enough lovey dovey shit for today," I said.

○○○

It was after the last period that it finally happened. The whole hallway erupted into laughter and I looked up in time to see Caleb pick a tampon out of his hair furiously. He slammed his locker shut and within seconds, he was towering over me.

"Ha. Very original," he snapped.

I shrugged smirking. "Whatever. You started it."

"I did not."

"You did."

Everyone was watching us. Caleb straightened and took a step back, glaring at me.

"So you wanna play huh? Game on."

"Get ready to lose," I taunted.

"Oh we'll see about that."

And with one last burning glare, he stormed away.

"Alright guys, show's over," Dylan announced to the onlookers and steered me outside.

"Really, Chloe? A prank war? Are you sure about this?" Dylan asked.

I nodded. "I am. What, you think I can't do it?"

Dylan grinned. "Of course not, I know you better than that. But if you need help..." he winked.

I laughed. "I'll keep that in mind. Oh, I gotta go. See ya!"

I quickly jogged over to Holt Tucker before he could get into his car. "Tucker!"

He turned around. "Chloe?"

"Do you know where Caleb went?"

"The field, for practice. Why?"

I flashed a bright smile. "No reason. Thank you!"

I rushed to my car. "Let's pay Caleb's mom a visit."

Keith rolled his eyes and started driving. "This is madness."

I smiled and put my feet up on the dashboard. "I know."

Mrs. Eaton was pleasantly surprised at the impromptu visit.

"Chloe Everett! Come on in. How are you doing?"

"I'm good! How are you?"

"I'm great."

"Is Caleb here?" I asked innocently.

"I'm afraid not, he has football practice."

"Oh. Do you mind if I wait upstairs for him?"

"Of course not! Go ahead," she said kindly.

I smiled and hurried upstairs. As soon as I got into his room, I headed to the washroom and took the packet of hair dye that I'd bought earlier from my backpack. He didn't have a lot of products so it wasn't hard to find his shampoo. I emptied the hair dye into the bottle and shook it hard, mixing it. Satisfied, I washed my hands and stepped out.

Keith raised an eyebrow at me. "What did you do?"

I rubbed my hands together. "Let's just say, he's going to have very interesting hair tomorrow."

I went downstairs and found Mrs. Eaton in the living room. "Mrs. Eaton, I forgot I have an appointment. I gotta go."

"Oh dear. I'll tell Caleb you dropped by."

"Oh..." Shit, I hadn't thought of that. "No need, I already texted him. You don't need to tell him."

"Alright then."

I smiled and got out.

As soon as I reached home, I took a long, hot bath. I wrapped myself in a soft bathrobe and sank into bed. Only to realize that it was covered in marbles.

Keith came rushing in at my scream.

"What?" he asked.

"Aargh! My back! Oww!" I yelled in pain, hopping around my room. Who knew marbles could hurt so much!

"What is it?" Keith asked again.

"My bed! Someone covered it in marbles!"

"And you laid on  it?"

"I didn't know about the marbles!"

Keith frowned and looked around. "It's obviously a prank. But how..."

"Yeah, Aunt didn't mention anyone visiting."

"Hmm... did you leave the window open?" Keith asked, looking at the open window.

"I'm pretty sure it was shut when I left."

"The prankster must have climbed through your window,"

I threw my hands up. "Great. Now I'll have to keep it locked."

"Unless you want more unwanted surprises, I suggest you lock your window."

I sighed and locked the window. I then searched through my closet for the jar of bath scrub I'd received as a birthday gift last year. It was now empty and I filled it with the marbles on my bed. This may all be a game to him, but it did mean something to me.

○○○

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

My Best Friend's Brother Kalie द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

383K 7.8K 27
"Chloe can't find out about this." I said breathlessly after pulling away from Colins. "Shut up and kiss me." >> Nadia was beautiful. Indescribable...
173K 4.1K 30
"Megan, I don't know what to say I..I.. I can't I need to go" "oh my God what I've done" --------------------------------------- Megan and Bella hav...
31.4K 4.5K 48
Blair Bass, pretty, smart and independent has been in love with her best friend for forever. Deciding, that her senior year is gonna be the year of c...
66.5K 1.9K 27
Once upon a time there was a prince named Luke. He was in love with his best friend, Mazy. She too was in love with him, but neither had the courage...