ephemeral | unOrdinary x read...

By yoongicorn_93

In a hierarchical society, power determines everything. Those with great strength towered above all while the... More

note
β—‡1β—‡
β—‡2β—‡
β—‡3β—‡
β—‡4β—‡
β—‡5β—‡
β—‡6β—‡
β—‡7β—‡
β—‡8β—‡
β—‡9β—‡
β—‡10β—‡
β—‡11β—‡
β—‡12β—‡
β—‡13β—‡
β—‡14β—‡
β—‡15β—‡
β—‡16β—‡
β—‡17β—‡
β—‡18β—‡
β—‡19β—‡
β—‡20β—‡
β—‡21β—‡
β—‡22β—‡
β—‡23 β—‡
β—‡24 β—‡
β—‡25 β—‡
β—‡ 26 β—‡
β—‡ 27 β—‡
β—‡ 28 β—‡
β—‡29β—‡
β—‡30β—‡
β—‡31β—‡
β—‡32β—‡
β—‡33β—‡
β—‡34β—‡
β—‡35 β—‡
β—‡36 β—‡
β—‡37β—‡
β—‡38β—‡
β—‡39β—‡
β—‡40β—‡
β—‡42β—‡
β—‡43β—‡
β—‡44β—‡
β—‡45β—‡
β—‡46β—‡
β—‡47β—‡
β—‡48β—‡
β—‡49β—‡
β—‡50β—‡
β—‡51β—‡
β—‡52β—‡
β—‡53β—‡
β—‡54β—‡

β—‡41β—‡

5.7K 268 208
By yoongicorn_93

[⚠️CHAPTER CONTAINS KINDA GRAPHIC CONTENT DURING SOME PARTS.]

(it's not toO bad don't worry)

🎆Chapter 41🎆

ALONG THE WAY, they had found John, who I might add was just coming out from his fight with Isen. If you could even call it a fight. It was more like a one-sided bloodbath. Cecile had explained the whole matter to him, to which he reluctantly agreed. At this point, he just wanted to find Sera. He could care less about who he needed to cooperate with.

Due to the fact that the house was on the very edge of town, they took a public bus to save some time. It was the middle of rush hour, meaning the bus was jam-packed. Unfortunately, some random pervert standing behind her had taken a picture of her when the wind was blowing up her skirt. He even had the audacity to  "accidentally" grope Y/N's behind while she was getting off the bus.

Of course, she noticed all of this. However, she didn't do anything to him yet.

Don't get her wrong though, she definitely remembered his face.

In roughly 20 minutes, they had arrived at the house Hower mentioned. Just as he said, it really was worn down and abandoned.

John didn't need to wait another second. He was on the verge of exploding, his fists aching to payback what they did to one of his best friends. As he took one step forward, a S/C stuck out to stop him.

"Stop."

She pursed her lips briefly, then started speaking to nobody in particular, confusing him and Cecile. "You two can come out now." Silence followed before there was a rustling of bushes and leaves. Two figures stepped out of the shadow, just happening to be Arlo and Elaine.

He narrowed his blue eyes at the unaffected H/C girl. "How did you know?"

"Because." Rolling her eyes, she flicked her hand toward the abandoned house. "Go."

"Excuse me?"

"Isn't that why you're here? Get her and leave."

Y/N had realized while they were on their way. She didn't want Seraphina to see her or John since it could complicate things for them. Especially since the boy wasn't in his right mind at the moment. Plus, Elaine was a healer, and she doubted those midtiers left her unharmed. That's why she left Arlo and Elaine alone when she noticed they were on their trail.

Y/N had to say though, she was a bit surprised John didn't notice the two at all. He must've been too blinded by anger to pay attention to his surroundings.

A few minutes passed until Arlo and Elaine came out carrying an unconscious Seraphina. Multiple cuts were littered around her face, along with deep bruises embedded in her sickly pale skin. Y/N's eyes shifted to John, who was trying his absolute best to hold everything in until they were gone.

On the other hand, she felt nothing.

No rage, sadness, guilt, shock.

It was just blank.

Putting into account everything she had been through the past couple weeks, she didn't even think she had the ability to feel those emotions anymore. Life didn't have much of a purpose.

After all, this was just a big game now. There was an overwhelming desire to growing inside her, itching to feel the tingling pleasure of pain coursing through her body. To hear the cries of help desperately echoing around her. To taste the sweet bitterness of blood.

And she thrived on that feeling.

The second Seraphina, Arlo, and Elaine were out of sight, John was already inside the house. Y/N followed closely behind, an amused smile knowingly on her lips from what was about to take place.

This should be fun.

-

"What the hell do we do now?" One of the participating mid-tiers stressed. "What if we all get suspended or expelled for this? I can't have that type of mark on my record! No university would ever accept me!"

Another one sighed in defeat, "Eh, we've already had it pretty good, huh? To be able to attend a prestigious school like Wellston...We were even able to build a network where not many people were able to challenge us."

"Jeez!" A minty-haired girl accused. "Why'd you have to be so greedy Illena? We didn't need to force Seraphina all the way out here to humiliate her! Knocking her down at school a few times would've had the same result!"

"Hey, don't blame this whole thing on her! We all hadn't say in this, remember?" Her friend defended.

"Humph," She scoffed.

"Whatever," Illena murmured quietly. "There's nothing we can do about this now. Let's just head back." Wobbling to her feet, she trudged along the dirty wooden floors one step at a time. It didn't register to her that nobody was following. They couldn't warn her in time.

"Illena—!"

"Peek-a-boo!"

"Gah—!" She stumbled back in shock, tripping over herself and falling to the ground with a loud thud. Her friends rushed to her side.

"Is that Y/N?! Why the fuck is she here too?"

"Who's that with the mask beside her?! Shit—!! Dodge!"

John wasted no time and sent a powerful kick to Illena's stomach. More blood flew out her mouth, splattering into the air. The others could only watch in horror, until one of them finally snapped out of it.

"H-hey! Stop it! W-who the hell are you?!"

The girl froze when an unfamiliar hand was placed on her shoulder. "Don't worry about him and just enjoy the show. You'll be next soon enough." Y/N giggled sadistically, fueling the girl's fear even more.

Gathering her last amount of courage, she turned on her ability swung her fist at the H/C girl, who caught it millimeters away from her grinning face. "I see you're an impatient one. I guess you can have your turn now."

A shimmer of light poking out of Y/N's pocket caught the terrified girl's attention. Following her gaze, Y/N's grin widened when she saw what she was staring at. She reached her hand into her pocket, fumbling around just to to toy with her a bit, before pulling out a sharp blade, stainless and looking as new as ever.

For now at least.

Slowly, she ran her S/C finger along the edge of the knife, back and forth tauntingly. "Isn't she a beauty? I just got her recently." Y/N cooed, giving a loving look to her newly-found weapon.

"Y-y...you're fucking mental!"

"I know." She smiled.

Even with all of this going on, the other mid tiers on the side found themselves helpless. Who was the ridiculously strong guy in the mask? Why was he here with Y/N of all people? It was all so overwhelming.

One mid tier swallowed the lump in his throat and yelled to his fellow friends, "..C'mon guys! T-there's only one of her and four of us! While that scary dude is busy with Illena, we can beat Y/N and then team up on him after!"

"Y..yeah!" Another piped in, egging on the unsteady rise of determination. "Who cares about those rumors! Sure she has two abilities, but it can't be that strong!"

"Hmm..."

They simultaneously flinched.

"I guess I could show you." They all watched as an ominous F/C and E/C ignited in her pupils. Despite having seen and experiencing thousands of ability activations in their lifetimes, there was something so sinister and petrifying about this.

Before any of them could retaliate, Y/N held up her left palm so it was in full view. She pressed the edge of the blade to make a shallow cut in the center, piercing through her smooth skin.

"Gah—!"

In unison, the four mid tiers instinctively grabbed their hands in that somehow magically had droplets of blood dripping from them. They gasped in horror, faces becoming a ghastly white when they found an identical cut to Y/N's on all of their palms.

What kind of messed up ability was this?

Unlike them, she didn't even feel a tiny tingle from the wound. The second she made sliced it healed instantly, almost as if it was never there to begin with. Theirs was a different story.

"Now, what do you guys think will happen if I decide to chop my whole hand off..?"

Their hearts stopped beating momentarily.

"W-What?!"

"Y..you c-can't do that!"

"Oh?" She smirked, placing the now mildly-stained knife against her left wrist.

"Stop!" They cried. Many of them were now fully sobbing, begging on their knees. One of them began having an anxiety attack. It was a full on panic.

"I-if this is about Seraphina, w-we're so sorry! P-Please, we'll never do any of this again! Just let us go..! We'll do anything, please!"

"Anything?"

"Yes, we'll do whatever you ask!"

There was nothing but absolute madness in her eyes.

"Then I ask that you all scream as loud as you can."

"Wait—!!"

Thump.

Aghast screams filled the air, syncing in with the endless flow of blood that never seemed to cease. The organ that was once attached Y/N's body was now a lifeless blob of flesh with no real use. Where she separated the two was jagged lumps of bone and cartilage, joined with crimson-covered flesh oozing out in clumps. This would forever scar them.

She just cut off her entire hand.

And she was only laughing. Her hysterics echoed throughout the abandoned house, accompanied by her occasional gasping for air. She was acting as if this was the funniest thing in the world.

"Pft—! The...the look on yo...your faces...! I-I...can't—!" She erupted into more laughter, slapping her knee.

With her right hand of course.

Still shaking uncontrollably, one of them muttered, "H..how are we s-still okay..?"

Another, who was having trouble breathing due to the amount of sweat running down their body, replied, "..I don't know...we saw it... h-her eyes were both glowing...she was using b-both abilities..."

"Calm your horses," She wiped a tear from her eye. Her hand had already began healing, about three-fourths from its original state. "I was using my ability..just not on you idiots."

"T-then...who..?"

A malicious grin tugged at Y/N's lips. "Just on some fuckest pest I met on the bus ride here."

Many of you probably didn't know this, but Y/N can link with people who aren't even near her. As long as she has their face in mind, she has the power to do whatever she pleases. The only thing she can't do is slice off the dicks of perverts like the one from earlier. Because, well, she doesn't have one.

Anyways-

"S-so..you're letting us go?"

"That's cute. You think you're getting out of here."

She motioned for John to come over with her finger. He had been watching most of it from the sidelines because, he has to admit it, even he was a bit terrified to come and interfere. One thing he did wonder was who would win in an actual fight? Y/N or him?

"You deal with them."

He didn't really have a reason to object since he despised these people, so he went to work and picked them off one at a time. It was easy considering their gap in levels, and the fact that they had little energy left to fight back. Y/N appreciated the lack of mercy he showed.

Once he was finished, he kicked one of them into a wall out of spite and dusted off his shirt.

"Let's head out."

She made sure to purposely step on their unconscious bodies as she walked out behind John. As expected, Cecile was still waiting outside the house, leaning against the fence. "Finally finished?"

John didn't say a word, only pulling off his mask and taking a breather.

"Did you guys at least go easy on them?" Cecile asked.

Y/N chuckled, "I guess you could say that."

•••

PhEw

this virus is only getting worse, especially here in the US, so please make sure you're making smart choices and being safe
and for the l o v e o f g o d
please stay at home whenever possible.

sis ain't tryna stay home with her parents any longer

They just officially canceled the rest of the school year for my state and we start actual online school tmr
y A y.

And also, last thing:

💖🎊H A P P Y  E A S T E R🎊💖
luv u guys 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1.1K 13
Angel Doe is the epitome of childish. She never lost control like her twin brother, John Doe. In fact, she was the one who stopped him from killing a...
49.9K 1K 52
Seraphina is a goddess, John is (questionably) trying to be better, Remi and Blyke are giving him a second chance, Elaine is dumb while Isen is weird...
14.7K 331 17
(Y/N), after hours of studying, finally got into Wellston Private Highschool. He wasn't all that overjoyed, he knew this place would be the same as i...
190K 5.1K 63
What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on all who wronged him. What if, he came ba...